• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic EDENSEED - The Genesis War. Accepting! semi-detailed mecha RP

Sincerely Me

HiHi! SO..! First of all, thanks for your curiosity. I really hope what you will see will be to your liking.

I've been wanting to the a futuristic/post-apocalyptic RP for quite a while, I just hadn't the slightest idea for a setting. So when this idea popped into my head out of the blue, I jumped on it. The main RP thread is finally finished! I promise action as well as ample time for character development! So if you're a RP-er who can post twice a week with intermediate to advanced writing skills, likes sci-fi, post-apo earth and giant mechs this is for you: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/edenseed-the-genesis-war.85415/#post-2434008

the_seed_by_gg_arts-d85xdyk.jpg

An epic picture to capture your interest... No, seriously. It's related.. or will be...

I really suggest checking out the link as I am really bad at giving summaries. =P I promise you, if you're still not interested after 3 mins at the main thread, you're free to go. But for those of you who want a summary anyway...

It is basically set in a post-apocalyptic earth, where two human nations are currently at war with each other. We'll all be playing on the same faction. Now, I've called it semi-detailed because I do not want people to be turn-off at the thought of me demanding paragraph upon paragraph of writing; nor do I want you to expect the RP to be just another one of those generic RP's where people with barely legible literacy levels deck it out in overpowered mechs: You get what I mean. Anyways, I myself am pretty busy with real life, so if you can post a reasonable amount twice a week at least, this RP is good for you.

I like to think of this as an Anime oriented RP, mostly because the idea of giant mechs usually brings to mind an anime. Also, the way I picture the story in my mind is in a semi-realistic dark anime artstyle. Sort of like Ghost in the Shell crossed with Gundam 00. But of course, how you see it in your mind is up to you.

Lastly, if any of you really really really like the story, I'm looking for a co-writer to bounce main story ideas off and to steer the RP whenever I can't be available.

Thanks so much ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay! Number One! Oooh, I'm excited. In the midst of writing out the character guidelines. Stay tuned!!!

The RP is now taking in applicants! Please follow the link to the main thread =) You may choose to wait for my own character or you may go ahead and create one immediately ^^

Spots are limited! If you like sci-fi RP's with action and balanced character development, you should check it out!

Hey I read over the stuff and I think it's really cool but was wondering, could I make a mechanic type character? Not necessarily on the battlefield but more of a support role?

Hmm.. yeah okay. I'll think about the EVE part. But go ahead with an application, I'll have a look at it and see what we can come up with =)

Either way we do it, I think it would be better if we could somehow place your character alongside the others when we go onto the battlefield xD Makes things simpler from a group RP perspective. Either you pilot a disruptor/support EVE or you co-pilot it with my character, and I'll edit my profile such that it caters to two pilots =) Sound good?

We will be starting soon! But I still have room for two =D

We've only just started! You're welcome to join especially if u bring a male char along :D So far there's only 1 intro post so you're not missing much.

Do submit a profile for approval whenever you can ^^;

Umm... Male character, no problem. But, I saw it was detailed. I do want to try and improve as a writer to reach three paragraphs per post, but right now when I do that they are a bit lack luster, that's just how I feel. Hope that isn't to terribly bad.

Anyone who wants to improve is more than welcome =) Don't worry, I don't write spectacularly. But I do love detail.

Are you more comfortable with female?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back