• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Eden (Chatter and RP Tracker)

amdreams

Black Market Witch
Main Thread: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/eden-do-not-post-yet.325349/
Character Sign Up and Rules: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/eden-character-sign-up-and-rules-currently-accepting.325350/

Though also a thread to discuss plot, ideas and whatever, this is also where I'll sort of be keeping track of what people could or should be doing, how new members can jump in, etc. If possible, I'd like to keep a record of what's happened so far, but I think that may be too much for me.

What's Going On
Coming home late from school, a group of friends are about to discover exactly what lurks in the shadows of their home.

• Humans should probably be running away from the vampire they just found.

• Supernaturals, posting after the human characters have done, should have just found the vampire they were tasked with finding. And probably not let the humans get killed.

Last edited:
amdreams amdreams
I am interested in this, but I have a question: Do characters have to be between the ages you specified, at least the supernatural ones?

I had an idea for a vampire who is thousands of years old, originally having lived in the times when Mesopotamia was still around but has the appearance of a little boy (looks around 10, to be specific) because that's how old he was when he was turned.

I think that kind of analogy would make for a perfect source of comedy.

Birdsie Birdsie
Unfortunately, I would rather they be between the ages I specified. The reason being I wanted the supernaturals to be at a level where the humans can more easily catch up in both terms of power and personality. I've noticed that people tend to equate age with power on this site and can easily get carried away. I've seen "high school students" older than civilization itself.

But basically, I see these older characters as much more powerful and believing themselves to know more than the human characters could. They'd most likely try to solve everything themselves without even listening to the humans, which would mean the human characters don't even have a purpose. Unless we deus ex machina them with instantaneous power.

Plus, in case someone tries to do romance, having a 100+ year old whatever smooch an 18 year old gives me an icky feeling. So, though your idea is interesting, I'd rather your main character be within the ages listed. He could be a side or reoccurring character.

Birdsie Birdsie
Unfortunately, I would rather they be between the ages I specified. The reason being I wanted the supernaturals to be at a level where the humans can more easily catch up in both terms of power and personality. I've noticed that people tend to equate age with power on this site and can easily get carried away. I've seen "high school students" older than civilization itself.

But basically, I see these older characters as much more powerful and believing themselves to know more than the human characters could. They'd most likely try to solve everything themselves without even listening to the humans, which would mean the human characters don't even have a purpose. Unless we deus ex machina them with instantaneous power.

Plus, in case someone tries to do romance, having a 100+ year old whatever smooch an 18 year old gives me an icky feeling. So, though your idea is interesting, I'd rather your main character be within the ages listed. He could be a side or reoccurring character.
I don't think that's a proper argument.

What you said is true and falls in human nature, but there are so many ways to avert this. Characters are more than malleable, so is power. Regardless, I am tired of people with monotone perspectives that always employ the classic pattern of thoughts. Creativity and diversity are very important aspects of all writing, and there is true potential in the plot you made. Don't you think?

I can propose a draw for the both of us.

The way to avert it is more technical and specific for this situation and my character. More precisely: We can explain the gap between time as some form of deprivation of blood that led to a years-long sleep, with my characters only awakening not so long ago.
Perhaps he was staked back in Mesopotamia by some of the first vampire hunters in history, which paralyzed him and made him go into a century-long sleep. He was put into a coffin, and thousands of years later - it was moved to a Museum. Then the families found him and took the stake out, as our little vampire made his awakening in the last five thousand years. Ta-da!

What do you say?

Well, I was going more by past experiences, mainly I . . . did not have fun with those types of characters for the reasons above. But if you want, you can put up a sign up, because I feel I can only see how it would work out if I see the character as a whole.

Ooooh, I like both sides of this, since I am normally biased against having centuries old characters because, like amdreams said, people take it as 'Age=Power'. And hooooolllly crap have I heard that dance and song more than enough times to make me more than predisposed against that. It's even in modern media, so that's where the misconception and annoyance comes from.

'I am a centuries old demon! Now fight me mortal!'
'This is the first page of rp man, chillax bro, I haven't even acquired any powers yet.'
'HAHAHAHA, Since you breathed, my power to control all shadow forces all of it to go down your nose and burst your lungs!'
'Why did I join this rp?'

Literally, every time. Without fail. In an rp right now, and my Samurai dude is just on the sidelines watching two of those types brawl it out. Can't go in without dying.

But, I do like the idea of basically time traveling to Bellura city from ancient Mesopotamia, since it's quite the unique concept that rids the 'wisdom' and 'power' concept through aging. You're just as good/bad as you were back in 1000 B.C. They did pretty much the same thing in Fallout 4, so it's been successfully done in other mediums? I don't know, your call though amdreams, this isn't my rp.

Should be able to get my character up sometime tomorrow. I'm not feeling the best for me to be able to finish it tonight.

Just a heads up - I'm going to put up two characters, one human and one supernatural (animal-human hybrid, is this okay?) and, though I'd like to play both, I am happy to discard one and just play the human or the supernatural. I know the character capacity is limited, so I don't want to take up too much space. Just let me know if I can play both or just one.

0stinato 0stinato
It's fine to have 2 characters. I myself have 2 main ones. I mean, more people showed interest than I had thought, but there's a very likely chance that not all will make a cs. And if we end up having more than originally planned, then I'll just work around it if need be. We could hide one for later since there will be chances to bring in more as the rp goes, whether because of story or people dropping. Or they could even be a secondary character until they can get promoted.

Still reviewing sign ups, but I should hopefully be done sometime today or tomorrow.

Birdsie Birdsie
Anu/Adrian looks really good and perfectly acceptable. I look forward to seeing what he brings. But that could be in part to me wanting to call him Pinocchio and see him operate a smartphone.

It's fine to have 2 characters. I myself have 2 main ones. I mean, more people showed interest than I had thought, but there's a very likely chance that not all will make a cs. And if we end up having more than originally planned, then I'll just work around it if need be. We could hide one for later since there will be chances to bring in more as the rp goes, whether because of story or people dropping. Or they could even be a secondary character until they can get promoted.

I suppose I really want to see both sides of the fence - the human ignorance and the supernatural pseudo-oppression.
Thanks!

Also, I updated the rules to include something I forgot to put in. Basically, it's just that, though I don't approve of controlling other people's characters without permission, if we're in a situation where we're stuck because someone is unable to post, I reserve the right to move them just so that we can move on. Just like move them out of the room or something.

Four* humans, 8 manstas. Good to go?

Last edited:
Wow. Got a lot more than I thought. Well, I'm closing sign ups then and will choose which supernaturals I think will make for the most interesting story. It's safe to say that all the humans are accepted. Didn't find any issue with them anyway.

Also, seems almost no one opted for guns or other long range abilities, or at least not yet . . . Note to Self: Add more sniper enemies. For fun. Though it doesn't matter too much. Since combat isn't an integral part of the stories. In fact, a good chunk of them require not just trying to kill everything on site in order to win.

Honestly, I didn't think of guns and schtuff. Eh, Hotdogs and Hand Grenades is more than enough if you kinda wanna know how most guns work I guess? Meh, if you use combat as a crutch might as well hop over to coliseum.

Snipers. . . I wonder if they use laser sights and equip tracers without silencers!

I'm finding the fact that Anu is a Mesopotamian vampire, or rather his weakness to running water, perhaps much funnier than it should since, according to my history class, a rather significant portion of Mesopotamian law seemed to revolve around whether or not you could survive being thrown into the river.

Okay, with character reviewing done and acceptances either given or pending, it's time for discussions. Mainly (platonic) relationships and how to start the rp.

Let me make it clear that nothing I say in discussion is final, unless I say so which will probably be for plot purposes. So if you have input or ideas, I will very much appreciate it. And if you don't like something, then feel free to tell me.

~~~~~​

Okay, as for relationships, we know the humans are friends. But how? Do you guys want to discuss how they met and became friends or just sort of say "because they are" and never mention it ever? They could've shared a class at one point? I see Ralph, Candy and Elizabeth both like to paint, so maybe they know each other through that? If Elizabeth took a cooking class of some sort, maybe she met Silver through that and was introduced to the rest? Not sure how to tie Fiora in there yet.

As for the supernaturals, they all at least know of each other and their names. Anu, being as ancient as he is, is probably well known for being unearthed the way he was. Anyone with ties to the Walpurgis are probably the same. Natalie could be starting to make a reputation as a doctor, maybe work for the Draculesti? And Verros may prefer living outside the city, but if he makes regular trips to the city for deliveries, he'd have to be known enough to be trusted not to cause trouble. Maybe he works with information from the Ashtrums to help him pick the safest route?

~~~~~
Now as for the start of the rp, the humans should post first. I planned on starting the rp with them walking home from whatever. If anyone has any ideas why they're going home late, that's be appreciated. In the first post, there would probably be mention of a string of murders with the killer at large, they hear something, maybe a scream, in an alley and upon looking, witness the murder and then run. The other human characters should probably run as well, maybe try to hide, because now the murderer is chasing them.

After all the humans, or most, have posted, then the supernaturals could come in. I can see Reina, Anu and Lazuli being tasked with finding the neutralizing the threat, being tied to the Walpurgis. But as for the others, maybe Verros was minding his own business when one of the humans runs into him, knocking his hood back? And I thought of having one of the humans attacked, but not bitten, and they're taken to Natalie for medical attention? However, that would mean that it might be a while, hopefully not too long, before Angelofwishes7 can post, which seems a bit unfair to make her wait? Also, unsure of how to insert Pandora if I can finish talking to her player.

Either way, the vampire would escape and then the rest of the arc, a short one, begins. So what do people think?

Capricornus Capricornus archur archur 0stinato 0stinato Devious Dilbert Devious Dilbert Birdsie Birdsie Trine Trine Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7

Also, Devious Dilbert, if you're still interested in helping me gm, or anyone, I'll send you a pm.

amdreams amdreams I'm definitely still down to help you with gming. ^_^

As for player relationships- firstly, do you want the characters to have just met? Or are they a clique that's been together for a while? Possibly a clique originating with only two or three characters and then the others came along recently?

I'm thinking Fiora could be a mutual friend of Elizabeth's and they mainly have all the same classes and once Elizabeth met the guys, she introduced Fiora to them as well. But only if this is okay with Capricornus Capricornus ^_^

Also, as for the reason the characters are going home late- perhaps they all stayed at one of their houses late just to chill or something like a study group? Or they just spent a day in town hangin out?

For the friendship part, I'd personally prefer knowing how/why they are friends, since I think that that would slightly change the way some characters interact with each other. For example, I guess each character would talk more/feel more comfortable around the 'first' friend they met? (Or maybe I'm just looking too much into things lol)
I also like the suggestion with the cooking class, as I can very well see Elizabeth doing such a thing.

My suggestion to why they are walking home late would be that, maybe, finals or important tests are coming up soon and so they'd stay in school or in the library or a nearby cafe, where they'd study for said tests? Just throwing in a suggestion^^

Devious Dilbert Devious Dilbert aaaa I've just seen that you've written at the exact same moment. And sure sure, I'm totally a-ok with it!

For the friendship part, I'd personally prefer knowing how/why they are friends, since I think that that would slightly change the way some characters interact with each other. For example, I guess each character would talk more/feel more comfortable around the 'first' friend they met? (Or maybe I'm just looking too much into things lol)
I also like the suggestion with the cooking class, as I can very well see Elizabeth doing such a thing.

My suggestion to why they are walking home late would be that, maybe, finals or important tests are coming up soon and so they'd stay in school or in the library or a nearby cafe, where they'd study for said tests? Just throwing in a suggestion^^

Devious Dilbert Devious Dilbert aaaa I've just seen that you've written at the exact same moment. And sure sure, I'm totally a-ok with it!
Great minds think alike. :blowkiss:

And yeet. ^_^

So, let's talk about why they're going on this walk, shall we? It would make sense if they were all at a library for finals or they went out to go to a bowling alley or something, who knows? Do they live close to each other, why walk? At that point, it would make sense if they were out for a night on the town walking home somewhat close by. Maybe Ralph's house, since he really doesn't like the sound of walking while it's dark, and there's been a string of recent murders and wants to go home right now.

Speaking of the relationships or ties the friends have with each other, who would have the closest ties with each other? Let's talk about that here and predetermine so we can get the reactions straight when we put out our first posts. I mean, we have a lot of humans who like to act as the overprotective figures of their little group. So who would be the edgy teen of that? I don't know, there should be a little bit of play on the relations they have with each other, if they're tight-knit and do this very often or if this is some sort of special occasion.

At that point, it would make sense if they were out for a night on the town walking home somewhat close by.
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

So who would be the edgy teen of that?
I THOUGHT THAT WAS OBVIOUS, ISNTW IT RALPH LOLOLOL
But we do have 3/5 humans who all wanna be the mom of the group, though Fiora can do both.

I think roles will automatically alter as we figure out who's closer with who.

there should be a little bit of play on the relations they have with each other, if they're tight-knit and do this very often or if this is some sort of special occasion.
Yeet, that's what I wanted to know too. I'm kinda thinking this group is leaning towards tightly-knit though.

But, individuals sharing histories with each other adds depth to the characters, so-
WHO WANNA BE MY FRAND?

I THOUGHT THAT WAS OBVIOUS, ISNTW IT RALPH LOLOLOL
Heheheh, yeah, that's how I made him.

Yeet, that's what I wanted to know too. I'm kinda thinking this group is leaning towards tightly-knit though.
That's good to know. I guess Ralph will be paying for the hilarity that might've ensued that night.

But, individuals sharing histories with each other adds depth to the characters, so-
WHO WANNA BE MY FRAND?
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA, but in all reality though, who would be Ralph's friend since he's such an edgelord?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back