• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Eclipse of a Lifetime (Powers a bit different) -still accepting

A lecto

Imagination is the only weapon against reality
[class=Notes] //So this is an older code that I tried to fix up to look nicer// //Forward slashes are comments // //and do no show up in the final design,// //these are to help you find everything easily// //and explain some code as well // //These comments must be with in a class or script tags// // in order to be hidden, from what I know. // //Long URls are images// //# followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes// //or color codes// //the only color named by its name is White// //DO NOT EDIT THE CODE IN RICH TEXT MODE// //This causes the Accordion title's to be moved down and you will have to move them back up yourself// [/class]

[class=notes] //so above is the background image// [/class]
[class=notes] //above is the white transparent background the "0.8" controls the opacity// [/class]
Eclipse of a Lifetime

[class=notes] //The Name and the background for it// [/class]
Solar.jpg
[class=notes] //The character image as well as the border for it// [/class]

[class=notes] //the box around the accordions// //and in the slide title's I put a div around them to add the purple background// [/class]

Plot

On 31. October something happened...

...The sun...

...was nothing like our own...

The day it all happened...

People woke up in the morning they never suspected a thing. Everything was normal, the sun rose into the sky like every morning and people went about their lives like always.

-Until everything changed-

At first, it looked like an ordinary eclipse. The afternoon sun was covered and only a ring of light surrounded it. People shrugged it off and some even ignored it. There were even some who didn't see it at all as their busy lives demanded their full attention.

Suddenly the ring of light burst forth, covering the world for a minute, in an odd glow that could only be described as breathtakingly beautiful yet also scary and dangerous.

There was chaos for a while as the light returned to normal while people panicked, some lost consciousness, some caused accidents as they hurried to try and find shelter, some even fell into a coma. But there were also some that changed...

The changes weren't seen at first, they weren't physical after all. They weren't mental either.

What am I talking about? *smiles a sinister smile and chuckles*

-powers.

Some people developed powers humanity had never seen before outside of movies, tv series and comic books.

It caused many people to form protests and groups against those with those mysterious powers. The reasons were many, jealousy, hatred, fear being the main ones.

-But there is more-

As powers were discovered there was something else that came to light.

Ever since the event that changed everyone's life, some humans and animals started mutating, becoming easily angered, bloodthirsty, physically stronger and becoming more and more like monsters. They weren't monsters of course. But they weren't far from it either. People named them Darklings.

Those with powers started forming groups and living in small towns to avoid being killed by -what could now only be called creatures- or by humans and other threats.

Here, in one of those small towns, a group is trying to decide if they should use their powers to save those who hate them or if they should live their lives in their town, fighting off the attacks of darklings and other enemies.

PLOT SHORTENED:

A very unusual and mysterious solar eclipse causes chaos and panic.

That day changed everything for many people.

Some people get powers and become targets of protests and peoples fear.

As if that isn't enough soon some people and animals start mutating into dangerous monster-like beings -people named them Darklings. As those with powers are chased away from the big cities they move to smaller towns and protect themselves against the Darkling attacks and other dangers.

In one of those towns, its inhabitants have a decision to make. Some want to save those that hate them and use their powers to protect humans while some just want to continue to live in town and survive.

Rules

-RPN RULES APPLY

-Romance is great and very welcome but please don't force it on others.

- Make sure before expressing interest that you will be an active player (of course if something comes up just let us know and everything is okay).

- It's not first come first serve. So your CS will have to be accepted (most likely in the form of a ’like’)

-There will be a -one big or two small paragraph-minimum per post so no one liners, please.

-Your English has to be good, so others can understand you, but you don't have to be perfect at it either.

-Everyone can have 2 characters with each maximum two powers (one for attacks and one not for attacks, if both are attacking powers one has to be less powerful/have restrictions)

Also if anyone wants to be CO GM let me know. And I am always open to suggestions.

Sample CS

(don't post the CS on this page, this is just for info purposes or so you can make your character sheet while waiting for the CS page to be put up)

The Photo should be a Realistic Image

• NAME:

NICKNAME: (Optional since not everyone has one)

AGE (18+):

SEXUAL ORIENTATION:

POWERS:

SKILLS:

Links

C
Coming soon​

Other Info

Description of a Darkling

Warning, they are monsters so the description isn't for those faint of heart:

Pale ashen skin, red glowing eyes, very skinny and bony but physically extremely strong, with their strength they can easily lift heavy objects and with their long ash colored claws they can tear through concrete like its butter, they have fang-like piranha teeth. Other than that they are human shaped if they were human once, or animal shaped if they were an animal (animal Darklings are almost rare compared to human ones). They keep many features of their former shape meaning their body shape doesn't change too much in the mutating process.

Their weaknesses and other info:

Darklings are extremely sensitive to light and their eyes cant handle anything brighter then shadows or they go blind, in some cases they even start to panic or get seizures, so at day they are never seen outside of darker places. At night many towns and cities keep lights on to chase away darklings but they still sometimes manage to find their way in and not everyone can afford to live in the big cities where it's always bright so many humans get attacked at night.

THE CITIES, TOWNS,…

Big city:

The RP takes place in a somewhat chaotic modern day setting. The big cities are well preserved, with luxurious buildings, tall skyscrapers, many lights to keep Darklings out and many other modern luxuries.

Not many people can afford to live in those big cities so those bigger cities are mostly lived in my elite and rich people. Those with powers are usually forbidden to live there and if they are found they get thrown out of the city by the police.

Small city:

Smaller cities are a bit less luxurious and less safe since there aren't as many lights to keep the darklings out. In those cities, people with powers are allowed to stay but those without powers are many and most of them treat those with powers like they are monsters so many don't move to cities in the first place

Small town:

Small towns are either inhabited by only those with powers or by only those without them but there are a few exceptions where those without powers realized they were safer coexisting with those that have powers so they are both living in them. A small town is dangerous to live in since Darkling attacks are more common.

Villages:

Villages are mostly empty by now, only very powerful people with powers dare to live there and even then it's rather temporary since the lack of light in a village makes it a Darklings hiding place or favorite place of attack.

CS RULES

- RPN RULES APPLY

- No all powerful characters.

- It's not first come first serve. If you get my ‘like’ your CS is accepted.

- Everyone can have 2 characters with each two powers (one for attacks and one not 'psychic' in nature, if both are attacking powers one has to be less powerful/have restrictions)

IC RULES

- RPN RULES APPLY

- No godmoding.

- Don’t push people to post.

- If you want to stop RPing please write a ’last post’ if you were in the middle of an interaction with another character so that they can still continue Rping. It can be a short post.

- Two small or one big paragraph minimum per post.

- Your English has to be good, so others can understand you, but you don't have to be perfect at it either.

code by AgWordSmith AgWordSmith

Last edited:
I can be a co-GM if you still need that help ^^, I'm experienced in roleplaying (though I'm new to this site.)

Interested but I've got some questions. We're roleplaying as Darklings yes? And they have to be white?

No xD we play the people with powers. The Darklings are just a few people who mutated into those monster-like beings and hunt people. Basically, our characters (those with powers) fight off attacks of those Darklings to either protect people without powers or for survival.

fin fin

No xD we play the people with powers. The Darklings are just a few people who mutated into those monster-like beings and hunt people. Basically, our characters (those with powers) fight off attacks of those Darklings to either protect people without powers or for survival.

fin fin
So I'm interested then!

I almost feel like I could create a Darkling if this is allowed...
maybe we can have a few, or they can remain non-playable, of course.

Darklings are NPC's only, sorry. I know its bossy of me to say that but since they are like monsters (they are instinct driven and their instinct is to kill or feed) besides that they don't have the ability to have real thoughts like people, for example, they don't plan stuff like attacks, they have the instinct to do it. You know what I mean? :) imagine zombies only faster, stronger and not decomposed but more human looking with less pigment... Something like that. But everyone can write about/with them like in scenes and stuff so they won't be written by only me but by everyone.

Or at least that's how I thought of it :) I am open to suggestions so it's not a must for it to be exactly like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back