• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern East Shores School for Teens

Wanna Dance? (Wanna Roleplay This?)

• Dance with you? No way! (No!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Of course! (Yes!)

• Only if we can swing! (Maybe!)

• Total voters

n i h i l i s m

my jinji don't you cry
(Before you plunge in, this is just how it would look roughly in the roleplay, I still have several characters and places to add, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. If you want the character sheet posted, please ask me ^^ I only plan on putting this up if at least 6-7 people are interested, and if I can figure out this stupid coding)

ocean.gif
Welcome to Kings Bay, Delaware, it's 1999 in the town that always sleeps. Mostly known for its tiny fishing industry, and Whitehaven Wharf which is built into the North Atlantic Ocean. However we aren't here to talk about the couch's goby, or the common dragonet. We're here to talk about East Shores School for Teens, one of the best schools in this tiny town. And it's Fall now, so all the students are back to school, some new, some old. This year ought to be promising ... or its going to be just as boring and tired out as the last. The only big thing to talk about from last year was when Johnny Johnson shot that bottle rocket off the roof during the bake sale. So, enjoy your final or first years in East Shores School for Teens.
Intro:

"Looks like you're here huh?" The principle's secretary, Barbara, gives you her famous look of disgust. The blonde hair sprayed beehive on top of her head jiggles around, a style that has been out of the loop for several years. A passionate romance novel sits on her desk and she tries to fashionably smoke a cigarette. You probably cough, the smoke settling in your's, and her's lungs. She tries to take a few puffs before the principle catches her. "Here," she says, stamping out the cigarette in an over flowing ashtray with vigor. "You can find the rest of the information in this." Un-enthused by her job, Barbara turns back to trying to file her grotesquely long pink nails, and trying to relive 1978.

Welcome! I hoped you enjoyed the intro, hopefully it wasn't too over the top, or too much to read. I based this role play in kind of an older time, but not too old, so I hope you enjoy. If you click through all the tabs and skim briefly you should find everything you need, I would suggest thoroughly reading the rules tab however. Should you need help, mosey on down to the OOC, and talk to me, @Ambivalence! Once you've finished reading all of the other tabs, you can create a character! If you could, please reflect on what might've shaped your character as a person in 1999. While I realize that it's not that big of a time difference from now, simply take it into consideration. There are 10 spots, I'll keep the body count updated!

Bodies:

- @Chexxx

-
@MidnightSoul

-
@Banana Panda

-
@CoconutLeaves

- @Ambivalence

-
@Rising

-

-

-

-

Places:

Whitehaven Harbor:
The town's premiere harbor, useful for fishing and buying fish, and seeing fish, and ... lots of fish. Also used for storing boats and going out on the water. Fishermen will sell tours to what little tourists come down to King's Bay.

Fishermen's Grotto: A dirty sailor's bar where all of the roughest toughest sailors compare fish, and drinking skills. Want to have a fun family visit to the Wharf? Keep out of here. Want to guzzle a few bottles of scotch and then puke in the water? This is your place.

Port Island Lighthouse: An eerie island with only a lonely lighthouse, operated by a mysterious figure who lives there twenty four seven, rowdier teens often times hitch rides on boats, daring each other to go inside. But ... in the end no one's brave enough.

East Shore's School for Teens: In the end, the real star of the show is the school, a darling little place founded by E. Thomas Gardens, whom passed it down to each of his descendants, often times they accepted it unwillingly. A smart man, Thomas was, but his intellect was much too high for a poor fishermen's wharf, so he vowed that he would educate their sons, and even their daughters! (Mind you, this was a very long time ago!)

Tragic Beauty: A tiny hair salon that does both nails and tanning beds. All the women of Kings Bay flock here to gossip about the latest going on's and get their hair piled up to there. While the name may be a bit dramatic, its patrons are even worse.

Characters:

Barbara Jones:
The Principle's Secretary. A mean nostalgic woman who's stuck in a time long forgotten, with a nasty nasally voice and long claw like pink fingers. She frequents the hair salon (Tragic Beauty) every week. Not to mention a smoking habit that she swears will be the death of her.

Edward Gardens: The Principle. A balding and round man whose suits are gray and in threads. He only accepted the seat of principle because he could not find any other job opportunities. It was thrust onto him like another bad suit. His attitude (if you could call it that) its sour and quite dull. Its pretty gosh darn obvious that he's doesn't care about his students.

Johnny Johnson: The biggest delinquent of East Shores, who's dropped out by now, and lives as a fishermen in his houseboat. The only documented person to ever go up into the lighthouse(well, he said it, but who believed him?) and he never let people forget it. His final end of the year prank was the bottle rocket at the bake sale, which people haven't stopped talking about and I'm sure you've heard about. Among other notable pranks, placing thumb tacks on the principle's chair, and scratching the principle's car.[/tab]

Rules:

Nothing major, just a few quick things!

1. One Character Each

2. Courteous and Kind, Mon Frère

3. Logical Character Building!

4. No Character Deaths!

5. 1+ Paragraph, No One Liners!

6. PM @Ambivalence If You Have Ideas!

7. Unique Characters!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back