• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Earthbound: Last Heroes

onett_sideview.png

Our story begins with an end—a very sorry end, at that. The fabled heroes—Ness, Paula, Jeff and Poo (snicker)—have unfortunately fallen prey to the effects of travelling through time. The Phase Distorter did not provide the necessary protection, and those that built it did not have the time to come to the realisation that living matter could not survive the journey to the past.

tumblr_n1j213y7R31qjrcgpo1_500.png

It is on this rather grim note that our story begins. The mischievous child known as Pokey did indeed travel back in time and proceeded to strengthen Giygas without releasing him from the Devil's Machine. He then came across the second Phase Distorter containing the remains of our heroes. He understood that Giygas's only threats were eliminated, and proceeded to use their Phase Distorter to return to the present.

There are few good people left. Giygas influence is continually expanding and more and more people are being corrupted by him. Meanwhile, Pokey—using his heavily armed machine— wrenched control of the land for himself. Needless to say, his parents were proud of him.

This is where you all come in. You are not the heroes; they have died. You are just victims attempting to rectify the situation with what little power you still have. Between the incomprehensible evil of Giygas and the empire that Pokey is building for himself, the future is looking bleak.

Now go, not-heroes! Venture out into this new world and do as your heart dictates!

Last edited by a moderator:
Peg gasped and woke up with a start. Was that a voice that just spoke to her?Probably not. Ignoring the voices call, Peg went back to sleep. It was most likely a dream.

" Now go, not heroes! Venture out into this new world and do as your heart dictates!"

There it was again. Now she was sure it wasn't a dream. The heroes had died? No wonder Fourside was in such a horrible state! Last time she was out, she was ambushed by monsters! Peg shuddered. Thinking about it, Peg wasn't sure if she wanted to go out. It was very late...

No, she couldn't chicken out! The danger wouldn't magically go away! She wasn't going to cower in her daddy's shadow and hope she doesn't get a boo boo! Her daddy was at work, anyways.

In a burst of energy, Peg burst out of the door, down the stairs of the apartment, and into Fourside... only to come back in. She was still in her jammies! After changing into a more comfortable outfit, Peg decided to equip some items that would help her during her adventure. Peg took her old boxing gloves from the closet to use as a weapon. She examined it. She had been using them for the last year. They weren't fit for a hero!

Good thing she was a "not-hero." The only good thing going for the old gloves was it's sentimental value. It helped her lose many fights in the ring. Good times..

After grabbing four bread rolls and a cookie, Peg decided she was ready to go out into the dangerous city. Now was the time to prove her worth!

But where to go?

She thought it would be good idea to seek out her father.

"Hopefully the monsters will go easy on me," Peg muttered to herself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nohle

Nohle jumped out of bed and promptly hit his foot on the small table near his bed.

"Ow! Ow ow ow ow..." He whimpered, hopping and clutching his foot. Nohle then flopped back on his bed to inspect the damaged body part.

"Let's see... No bruises, no cuts, no scrapes, no swelling, moves perfectly... Okay, I'm ankle okay." Nohle grinned. Then he suddenly stopped. He had been dreaming about something, but he had forgotten what it was, so Nohle thought it couldn't be anything important. Yawning, Nohle crawled under the covers and went back to sleep.

"Now go, not heroes! Venture out into this new world and do as your heart dictates!" Nohle sat up again. Why was he hearing voices in his sleep? It could be that all of Nohle's puniness had gone to his head, but he didn't think so, as the voice hadn't made one pun or joke. Nohle sighed. The voice could talk to him later. For now, Nohle needed his sleep so he could make lots of bad jokes and puns and make people's brains explode. Nohle lay back down and started to go back to sleep, but before he could he heard the voice again.

"Now go, not heroes! Venture out into this new world and do as your heart dictates!" Nohle growled and narrowed his eyes. It hadn't even waited until he was asleep that time.

"Well played, Sir Voice." Nohle muttered. Evidently the voice was determined to ensure that he got out of bed early that morning. Nohle flipped the covers back and changed into his normal outfit, albeit missing the jacket. Nohle sighed and went downstairs. To his surprise, his parents and brother were already awake. Surprised, he went over to them and asked, "What happened?"

"The monsters... They suddenly came back." Nohle's father replied, the fear evident in his voice. Perrain, Nohle's brother walked over to Nohle and tugged on the bottom of Nohle's shirt to get his attention.

"Bro... Do you think those kids who came here before will come back?" Nohle thought back to what the voice had said. If it was correct, then those kids were never coming. But Nohle couldn't tell Perrain that. Nohle knelt so he could look directly into his brother's eyes.

"Yeah, of course they are." Nohle forced a smile. "Now, why don't you head up to bed? It's still too early for you to be awake."

"Okay!" Perrain nodded, smiled and ran back up the stairs to his room. Nohle gave a small real smile. Perrain was so naive, so trusting. It was what made Nohle so determined to make sure that no one ever took that away from his brother before Perrain was ready.

"They're not coming back, are they?" His mother asked him, her gaze scrutinizing him. Nohle straightened and returned her look evenly.

"No, they're not. But we can't just sit here and wait for someone else to come and save us. If we do that, the situation is just going to get worse."

"What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to stop the monsters once and for all." Nohle replied and went into the kitchen without waiting for a response. He heard his father hurry after him, but ignored him and started examining the kitchen knives.

"B-but you can't do that! It's dangerous!" Nohle's father cautioned, trying to stop him. Nohle ignored him and took a knife that he thought would work well.

"Of course it's dangerous. But I didn't hear you complain when three kids my age stopped the monsters before." Nohle's father looked sheepish. Nohle walked to the door and grabbed his jacket that was hanging on a hook by it. "And now, if you'll excuse me, I am going to see what I can do to help." Nohle put his jacket on, and went out the door.

Alice Maxwell

The morning was one of deceptive sunshine. Certainly it was bright outside when Alice exited her bed and glanced out of the window, but the brightness did not come with warmth. It was a cold, empty light.

Suddenly, is if he had been spying on her this entire time, Alice's elder brother, Noah, charged into the room and quickly placed her into a headlock. A vicious nuggie was delivered and maintained until Alice wrestled her way from his grip. He laughed and Alice smiled, playing the events off as a joke.

They travelled downstairs as their mother was cooking breakfast. They sat on the table with their father, who was currently engrossed in a newspaper.

"My, my," he said. "The number of crimes is still steadily on the rise. What's happening these days?"

"Not in front of the children, dear," his wife replied, concerned for her children. She placed lavish breakfast of sausages, eggs, beans, bacon and toast before the three before sitting at the table with her own. They all ate their breakfast with gusto; mother's cooking had always been the best.

After breakfast was complete, Alice retreated upstairs. She had, had the strangest nightmare last night. A dream of the death of children that led to the unfortunate state the world is in as of now. She thought about it for a time. Had it been a call of duty for her? If so, despite not wanting to leave her family and enter into a dangerous world, she would answer that call out of necessity.

She dressed herself before searching for a necessary weapon. In the end she settled in using a trusty paddle-ball. With the right momentum, this ball-paddle combination could prove to be quite lethal. She packed it all away in her favourite satchel and headed downstairs. As soon as her hand made its way to the doorknob, however, her mother's voice rose up.

"Alice, where do you think you're going? You can't go out! Even our quaint little town of Twoson is filled with bad people now! If you were to leave, something terrible would surely happen!"

Alice sighed and retreated to her room, her plan failed. Was her journey to end here? She hadn't even started yet the strongest boss already stood in her way: her mother. She lamented over her dead-end situation, and she would have continued to lament until twilight if her brother had not entered in—all dressed and swinging one of his game controllers in the air by the wire.

"You heard it too?" he asked. Alice nodded. "Ok, then let's get outta here." He left before returning with his sheets. He tied them to Alice's own and opened the window, lowering them down. Alice, of a much brighter countenance, went down first, followed swiftly by her brother. Successfully escaping their home, the two set off on their adventure!

Raven

Raven strolled the abandoned streets of Twoson casually, gripping her stolen gun tightly in her hand. Ever since those monsters had appeared, her head had begun pounding frequently and she often awoke in odd places she didn't remember going to. Raven didn't understand what was happening to her, but it scared her. So she had decided to stay away from everyone she cared about. Raven would leave Twoson, but every time she tried, she woke up back in town.

Raven heard a loud noise come from behind her she jumped and instantly pointed her gun at the sound. That was another thing that had happened without her remembering: learning to use a gun. Raven relaxed when she saw it was just one of the robots prowling the streets. They never attacked her for some reason, so they didn't concern her. Honestly,she couldn't comprehend why people were so scared of them. They were
weak and pathetic. Raven realized that they were like most people on this planet. Little more than insects. With a snarl, she raised her gun and pointed it at the machine's symbol on it's chest and pressed the trigger. Her shot destroyed the area that she hit the machine, and it crumpled to the ground, but Raven wasn't finished with it. She brought her free hand forward and pointed it towards the machine. Her hand was surrounded by a murky reddish-purple aura, and after a second the machine was too. She raised her hand, and the machine followed its movement by lifting off the ground. Raven smashed the machine against the ground and nearby objects, all with a few hand movements until the machine was pulverized into a unrecognizable heap of scrap metal. Grinning sadistically, she went off in search for her next target.

When Raven came to her senses, she immediately gasped in horror. She had no love for the machines or the monsters... But the sight she saw was sickening.

"What have I done...?"

Peg Nucias

Peg cautiously looked around, in search for any monsters that could try to ambush her from behind "No problem here," Peg said aloud to herself. Although she was slightly relieved, she couldn't help but wonder where they went. Maybe Onett? Peg shrugged, and continued on, feeling a lot more comfortable.

Peg walked down the lonely streets, trying to find something odd. Of course, she didn't notice anything. Peg never had an eye for details, that was Bert's thing. He was always a pushover, maybe that's why they got along so well. Peg sighed. 'I should've checked up on him,' But this was no time to mope about the past, she was a woman on a mission, and the neighborhood gate was in sight!

Peg ran up to the gate and started to inspect it. Well, there was a tree near the gate, same as usual. The gate, although... it seemed to have been remodeled. It looked much shinier. Even the poll booth! Unsurprisingly, no one was in it. From what Peg could see, the simple equipment was replaced with something much fancier.

"Hm...in seems that I have to place my key card in this thingy," Peg inspected the strange machine,"and then I'm done."

Peg reached into her pocket to grab her key card, but only got dust. "Oh dang it! I forgot the stupid thing at home!"

Peg groaned and started climbing the tree. "I am not turning around now," Peg muttered other incomprehensible nonsense as she climbed up the tree. "Ugh, I hate doing this!" Peg clung onto a branch, slowly moving towards the brick wall.

Cautiously, Peg extended her arm out to the large structure. 'Darn it, it's just out of reach.' The closer she got to the wall, the more and more the branch sank. Once again, Peg extended her arm out to the sturdy structure. The branch broke off, a siren went off, and Peg dropped to the ground.

"Ugh..." Peg rubbed her head. Peg rose her head up and gasped. "The heck?"

Somehow, the gate grew eight tentacles-like arms! Peg didn't know how it was possible, but the strange creature opened two very eerie eyes. Beeps and alarms filled the silence in the area.

Finally, the machine spoke. "STATE YOUR REASON FOR TRYING TO ESCAPE."

"Escape!? Really? Just let me through you stupid bucket of-!"

The low beeping sound was her response. "INCORRECT ANSWER, NOW ACTIVATING "SECUROCTI BOT v1.0!"

The securocti bot rose its tentacles into the air and smashed it onto the ground! The ground started to quake, and Peg fell to the ground.

Peg glared at the robot, and she equipped her worn gloves. "Ok, bub, you asked for this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back