• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy E.H.

m i n u t i a e

p l u v i o p h i l e
Margaux Madeleine
Status​
Post #:
Whereabouts:
Activity:
Tags;
Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum Songstress Songstress
King Atlas sat on his ivory throne. Elegant markings and adornments further emphasize its king's authority. Leaning to his right was his great sword, Oran. Crafted by the greatest craftsmen from Herea, it is said that his sword was able to turn the night into day in a single swipe hence earning it its nickname, the Day Bringer.

He had been patiently waiting for his daughter, out for a walk into town again, he thought. He banned his only daughter from leaving the Palace Walls but from some way or another, she always managed to outwit her guards, much to their chagrin. But no matter how much he tried, it was impossible to be mad at Margaux, her zeal for life and the ethereal air she carries along with her could bring warmth to the coldest of hearts.

He tapped his fingers on his throne's arm rest, clanking sounds echoed through the empty audience chamber. His golden hair that he shared with his children was thinned out, making it invisible underneath his helm, and his gleaming blue eyes stared coldly at the chamber doors, waiting in anticipation for his daughter's arrival.

And with Mafleim's favor, the large ivory doors parted and from a distance, a familiar smile could be seen, a smile so big and bright, it could rival his sword's ability to bring the light, and it could come from only one person.

"You're late." His voice was firm and filled with authority, perfectly fit for a king.

Margaux took her time walking the long aisle of carpets and marble footing before greeting back to her father, "I understand father but I just couldn't resist the beautiful weather we have today!" she exclaimed, wearing her signature smile.

Atlas sighed but later shook his head and went straight for the reason for requesting his daughter's presence, "pack your bags, Margaux. You are going to Thyrea."

It took Margaux time to process what her father said, and upon realization, her eyes widened with shock. She was never allowed to leave the country let alone the palace gates so the order was nothing but a surprise for her. "Father..." She started eyeing her father carefully, giving him a scrutinizing glare. "Are you unwell?"

Her father chuckled at the thought, he was expecting a different reaction, however. "What? Do you not like the decision? I thought you hated being confined in the palace?"

"I do, but..." She stumbled to find the right word to describe her emotions, "I am just surprised, and besides." She crossed her arms. "Wouldn't that take a whole week to get there?"

"Indeed, which is why I suggest you start packing." Her father instructed.

Div-0.png

It was Margaux's final day on the road, at least she hoped it would be. The trip had not been kind to her: On her third day, her camp was attacked by a Kotenshi, a bird-like Egnarion with explosive feathers; she crossed paths with unwelcoming residents from the Tavasa village, a village located at the border of House Kairo, and House Tradeo. Had it not for the soldiers her father placed as her bodyguards, her fate would have been sealed on her first trip outside of the country.

"My princess, are you alright? Do you need a moment's rest?" one of her guards asked.

She took in a deep gasp of air and expelled it all at once upon hearing the query. She could tell it was improper by judging how the guard was taken aback but she paid him no mind. "No, I do not, but thank you, Claude," she replied with a smile.

"No problem, my princess. Please, if you feel you need to rest, do not hesitate to ask." With a nod, Claude went on to scout ahead.

"He sure is dedicated to you, my princess," another voice came from behind. This time, a woman's.

The princess let out a short giggle before replying. "All of you are."

"We've just passed Galeman's Creek, it shouldn't be much longer before we get to the wall, my princess," the female guard announced.

Finally, Margaux thought. She had been aching to get a good night's sleep. A sigh of relief escaped her lips. "That's good to hear. Thank you for notifying me, Velvet."

A few more minutes on horseback, and she noticed that Claude was at a halt. An unfamiliar old man was with him, and from what Margaux could tell, he seemed to be a local.

"Claude? What is it?" Velvet asked.

Claude looked down and clenched on his horse's reins tighter, his eyes that usually brightened with determination was missing its normal cue. Margaux noticed this and knew immediately.

Something was wrong.

"My princess, I do not wish to bring you unfo-"

"Spare me no details, Claude. I wish to know what lies ahead." Margaux's tone was unyielding and her temperament was similar to her father's. Margaux was often known to be the kindest among the king's children yet, she was also capable of showing her authority and her capacity to handle tasks at hand no matter how difficult.

Claude cleared his throat, and took a moment before proceeding. "This man's village is in a constant state of danger. A pack of Nir Wolves kept attacking his village and murdering their livestock as well as their food supplies."

"Nir Wolves? This far north?" The princess only had occasional encounters with the fauna, but she had read books about them, and based from what she knows, Nir Wolves are wolf like Egnarions capable of turning the calm skies into deadly storms with their howls, and due to their affinity for the air element, their nesting grounds are mostly found mountainous terrains, like the lands of House Kairo.

"They only recently entered our lands." The princess turned her attention towards the local whose voice was dry and forced with old age. The old man bowed as if he was begging for the princess's help. "I am in no position to meddle with your plans," he said as his voice cracked and break. "But please," his voice turned hoarse and shaky. He was trying to conceal his urge to cry. "I beg of you, help us," he finished, still bowing to the princess.

The old local's feeling's struck across the princess's heart. She would never abandon people in need, she often snuck outside the palace to whenever news of her people in need reached her ears. She remembered visiting the home of elderly people, and the state that their home was in made her heart drop. Holes in the rooftops, they shared their home with vermin, and the filthy conditions of the establishment caused sickness, and death to its elderly residents.

The princess didn't need to think things through, she decided to help the local out.

"My princess! Let us handle the situation!” Velvet appealed before the princess even ordered them. They all knew their princess well. "Please continue to head for the Thyrean Wall. We will follow you shortly."

The princess was amazed. Was she that obvious? A smile formed around her lips as she looked at her companions. All of them shared her passion and knew that their princess would never leave people in need astray. They all nodded and smiled at their princess.

"My princess," a deep voice called for the princess's attention. It was Belanor, a bespectacled knight known for his keen intellect and clever thinking. "I suggest that you do not send all of us, and take Claude with you."

"Yes, I second this decision." Velvet agreed. If there was a knight among them that should be left with the princess, it had to be Claude.

"But I wish to help the villagers out as well." Claude tugged his reins. He couldn't argue with Belanor and Velvet's decision but he was determined to see that princess safely makes it to the wall.

Belanor adjusted his glasses. "Yes, but you are also the most passionate for the princess's safety. If we know that the princess is in good hands, we can handle the task at the village without worry."

The other knights started to march toward the village. Velvet patted Claude's shoulders before leaving the princess's custody to the young knight. "We're counting on you," she said, showing her confidence in Claude's abilities. "May Mafleim's light guide you, my princess." Velvet curtsied before making her way.

"May it guide you as well. Be safe." Margaux returned.

The local thanked the princess as well before hitching a ride on Velvet's horse.

Margaux and Claude watched as their companions leave their line of sight and continued to march for the Thyrean Wall.

Div-0.png

Hours passed since Velvet's group parted away, Margaux and Claude found themselves in a woodland. Based from the map Claude was concentrating on, they are not far from the wall. He wished to have the princess at the wall before sundown but the skies already turned into a familiar orange.

The woodland had been particularly forgiving. It was quiet but not to the extent of alarm. The dirt road was wide and fences of stone as high as their waists divided its travelers and what lies beyond the dense thickets of trees and shrubberies.

"We should reach the wall after these woods, my princess." He announced. He could tell that the princess was at her limit judging that her usual glow was at minimum.

"Do you wish to rest, my princess?" he asked, commanding his horse to stop.

The princess raised a hand to her shoulder in response. "No, I am fine. I wish to get there the soonest."

Moments of silence passed soon after, the road crooked slightly to its left and the trees grew less by each step. The road itself extended to a large grassy plain and at the end of it, an orange glow radiated from the distance. Margaux stopped to view the source of the light. Her mouth gaped and her eyes sparkled in amazed delight. The wall stretched so high up that it nearly kissed the foot of the skies. It covered the entirety of the grassy plains from west to east, covering the entire landscape.

Claude watched as his princess froze in astonishment, "welcome to the wall, my princess." He smiled.

Div-0.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back