• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Dystopia

Characters
Here
Ariette

This was all too much to handle at once. Literally all of her life was in the camp, she felt like practically helpless out here. Ari knew medicine, the body, wounds. Survival was not on her repertoire. "Tree trunks. Shadows. Got it." Ari was a quick learner thankfully. She'd survive, she just needed to listen to the others.

Ari stopped moving when she seen the knocked down Dozer. It was massive. She had heard stories of different kinds of droids but she had only seen the guard droids in her lifetime. Her heart beat anxiously, her head started to spin. "Right. Inside." Slowly she shook herself out of her trance before stepping inside the office. The place was dirty and dusty and dark, not much different from her home in the camp.

The sound of Xyla calling for her dragged her out of her sad slump, perking back up when she noticed the man on the ground. "Oh!" Ari knelt down to the side of the man and pressed her fingers against his neck. "Pulse is strong and he's breathing fine. No apparent injures." She looked around the area of the office. "He must have did something to that droid outside, like an explosion of some sorts. Probably knocked him back, smacked his head on the ground." Ari smacked the man a few times on the cheek to rouse him. "Hey, wake up."

Max

Shit. He knew as soon as he fell back he'd black out. What he wasn't expecting was being out for so long. He especially didn't plan on waking up to a red headed girl smacking him on his cheeks to wake him up. "Hey hey hey! Knock it off!" Max quickly sat up with a loud groan, his hand reaching up and holding his head. "Fuck..." He had to compose himself. Where was he? The office. Who were these people? Were they here to kill him and take his things? No, these people seemed like they were hiding instead of raiding. Where was MiMi? "Shit I gotta get to the cabin." Max picked up his large backpack and made sure he had his gun and spear.

He went to walk out but looked back at the others. They didn't look like the kind that would survive let alone survive the droids that would be there soon. "You can come with me. There's a cabin north, looks like a good place to hide in for a little while." With that Max was off. He didn't have time to do introductions, he had to make sure that MiMi found the cabin alright. Who knows what had happen between the time she took off and now?

Axel

Once to the amusement park Axel instantly smelt the battle that must have ensued, his eyes quickly landing on the down Dozer. He felt chills roll down his spine. Had he seen a dozer before? The feeling he got from just seeing the creature sure made it seem like he had. When? Where? From the rumors not many people live to talk about a Dozer. They just rolled over people and killed them without a second thought. Were those creatures even capable of thought?

Soon enough they were in the office tending to a downed survivalist. He must have been the one to take down the Dozer. How though? "Wait you're just leaving?" Axel rolled his eyes and watched as Max left the office. "Guys I don't know about you but the guy knows a thing or two about surviving out here. I'm going with him." And with that Axel bowed out of the office and walked after Max. This was a fast paced environment, decisions had to be made quickly.

MiMi

“Hey!” MiMi listened as the two strangers discussed her as if she wasn’t there. The girl mentioned decontaminating her but then went back into their own litter world beyond the door. They kept calling her a creature too... rude. “I have ears you know. I’m not a creature, I’m a human like you fucking weirdos.” She brushed back her short black hair and gave a small roll of her eyes. “Hiding in your little bunker make you forget the nightmare happening above ground huh? So much so that you don’t even remember your own species are dying in the fight against the droids. I’d love to be that naive.”

MiMi spat the words like acid at the two before continuing, “No I don’t have any weapons I literally got dragged into this stupid thing when that damn door opened. All I wanted to do was eat a can of peaches and wait for Max.” Her eyes went wide and she turned to look at the door. What if Max had shown up during all this bullshit. He would see all her supplies left on the ground where she fell. It probably looked like she got attacked. Plus the strange door... shit.

“Listen ever think maybe I don’t want or need your help? I’ve been doing fine without it and I’ve got my own friends... now if you could just put this bitch in reverse I’ll be on my merry way.” MiMi have them a fake salute before ripping off a piece of her shirt and tying it around her wound. “I’m sterile right? so jobs done. Can I go now?”

Kerian

Kerian watched with wide eyes as Ari slapped the sleeping man a few times. “Ari come on don’t hurt the guy...” however her attempt worked and before he knew it the passed out man was on his feet and moving. “Woah slow down guy, you literally just got knocked out...” Kerian knew the importance of quick decisions and constantly moving but this guy was insane! “Not many people live after a confrontation with dozers so if you need to take it slow we can help you.” Though Kerian wasn’t sure how much help they would be to a man that blew up a dozer.

Axel followed the guy and Kerian let out a small grumble before climbing out as well. “Care to at least share your name stranger so this isn’t terribly awkward? I’m Kerian, that’s axel and the girls are Ari and Xyla...” his words trailed off as they moved through the woods.

Son

Son stared in disbelief at what he saw... the girl, creature, thing.... it looked so human. But it couldn't be right? Himself and Daughter were the last two besides the embryos. Daughter was speaking but he wasn't really listening, just staring. It wasn't until the girl in the air lock mentioned that she was human that he tuned back into the real world outside of his thoughts. "Wait there are others like you?" He spoke she continued talking, clearly angry at her situation. She mentioned others as if it was common knowledge that other humans existed, hell she even named one off like she had friends!

"I-Daughter... I don't know what to do... the wound does look bad though." Before Son could even make a choice the girl was ripping apart her clothing and re-bandaging herself. "I suppose you're correct but some medicine would do much more for that than your clothing miss." He scoffed and grimaced a little at the ruggedness of her approach to first aid. He was about to reach over and open the door to pull the girl inside but he heard something.... the small and quiet mechanical whirring of Mother's motors. "Damn it."

Son thought for a moment. This hall had nothing to hide behind. Maybe he could just explain the situation as the whole truth but he couldn't help but fell like she would kick into defensive mode at the sight of a stranger. Plus... something wasn't adding up about what the girl was saying versus what they had been taught their entire lives. It didn't make sense at all... unless it was all a lie. "Well here goes." There was only one real option here. Son reached over and pressed the button for the air lock door before grabbing Daughter once again and yanking her inside with a bit more urgency this time. Once in the bright hall he punched in a code on a keypad on the opposite side of the door that shut everything down and replaced the metal covering over the glass door of the airlock. It was much darker in the hall now so it was hard to see but he could make out the silhouette of the stranger and gave her a small glare. "Don't try anything stupid okay? I may have just saved your life." He pressed his ear against the door and heard Mother close to it and his breath caught in his throat until he heard the sound get quieter until it ultimately went away.

Xyla
Suddenly they were moving again. As they climbed back out the window she couldn't help but stare at the dozer again as they walked past it and into the woods. Why did it look so familiar when she couldn't remember anything. Maybe that thing was what made her lose her memory... the droids had told her she was badly injured but never said anything beyond that about how she was caught and placed in the camp. But from what she understood dozers killed... though she supposed this man lived through the situation.

"Kerian don't be bothersome... I'm sure we can wait until we get to wherever he's leading us." Xyla had to admit a name would have been nice, eased her nerves a little about following this random stranger into some cabin in the middle of the dark and creepy woods. But she also understood the need to be quiet.

Before too long they came upon a rickety old cabin in the thick of the trees. Honestly she was surprised anyone was ever able to build here thanks to how dense it all was. Her duo chromed eyes took in everything about the building, all the different foliage exiting her a bit. A lot of it would look like weeds to a normal person but a lot of the plants were edible and had healing properties, only one stuck out to her as dangerous if eaten. "Oh that cellar door is open..." Xyla took a few steps closer to the cabin and peered down into the darkness... "We're you expecting company here... sir?"

Daughter

Daughter's eyes widened when the girl mentioned another name. Max. "There are others?" Her eyes sparkled as she stared at MiMi. Daughter always had a theory that there were survivors. After all, the disease couldn't have killed everyone. Humanity was filled with survivors. "There are others..." She was in disbelief, her heart started to race as she smiled. Then the sound of Mother made her panic slightly. Mother wouldn't hurt the girl...would she? She supposed if she appeared to be a threat but the girl was weak, wounded. Surely Mother would take her in. "Wait, no!" Daughter squealed quietly as Son opened the door and pulled her with him. The air lock was forbidden, they were to never enter it! Especially with a foreign creature in it!

Once inside Daughter couldn't take her eyes off the girl. She looked different. She looked weak, fragile. Something that Mother said she did not like to see in humanity. Son and Daughter were made to be perfect and strong and agile. Daughter kept inching closer and closer to the girl to get a closer look. She had hair like they did, lashes like they did. She looked like a human. It was still so much to take in. How many years did they think Humanity was extinct for? If only they went outside, maybe they could have found more of them.

Maybe the girl would lead them to the others. They could bring them back to the vault and take care of them. Mother would surely be happy with more people!

They stayed silent for what seemed for like forever until the sound of Mother's wheels were gone. Daughter let out a long breath before looking at MiMi. "So let's get you to the infirmary." She stood to her feet, punched in the code to open the airlock and dragged the girl in with her. Her grip was strong and firm, quickly leading the pair through a few of the pristine halls to get to the infirmary.

Ariette

And they were off following a complete stranger. Awesome. As much as she didn't want to follow him they really were running low on options. If the Dozers friends came they'd be either sent back to the camp or killed, neither of which they would want. "I'm Ari, thanks for taking us with you." Soon they happened upon a rickety cabin that was deeply hidden in the dense forest. "Huh." The cellar looked like the lock had been broken. "The cellar is a good place to hide from these things, I'd feel a lot safer down there." Ari looked around at the group before she opened the cellar door and walking down the stairs. "Whoa, that's more supplies than I've ever seen." She took one of the cans down and tilted her head curiously. They all looked clean. No dust, no wear or tear.

"What's that?" One of the shelves were knocked over. Behind the shelf was a door with an odd number locked door. "What the hell..? Did your friend go in here?"

Axel

Why did this cabin seem eerily familiar? It was like he had seen this place. Maybe he had? The closer they got to the cabin the faster his heart went. As soon as they went into the cellar he grew even more uncomfortable. He had been here before. "I think I can open that." He walked to the number pad and focused on the numbers. His fingers moved number to number like he knew the code. But he didn't. How could he?

Beep beep.

The door opened wide and he swallowed a large lump in his throat. "Do we go in?" There was no way in hell he was going in by himself. Something told him that the strangers friend was down there. Something also told him that something dangerous was down there, something they didn't want to mess with.

Max

Clearly MiMi found the cabin he just didn't know where the hell she was. The cellar was open but she wasn't there. Her supplies were there but she wasn't. Where did she go? No way she would just leave her supplies. "Huh?" Max blinked in confusion as he approached the door with the others. A number pad? Max was a survivor, he didn't know shit about technology. "Whoa. How'd you do that man?" He looked at Axel as he opened the door. "Oh, my name is Max. Sorry, forgot to say that didn't I?"

He looked inside and furrowed his brows. "This looks like droid technology. Are you sure we should be entering a place like this?" Maybe MiMi was down there. Maybe she got trapped... "I've got to go down." He dropped his supplies and put them in the corner of the room, making sure he had the gun and spear on him before he stepped inside the brightly lit airlock.

Xyla

Xyla watched with wide eyes as Axel opened the door, how did he know? Something inside of Xyla felt off and then her arm twitched a few times. Her body had done things like that since she woke up, they told her it was a health condition from her injuries but it only acted up when she was in emotional distress. The boy finally gave them a name, he was Max, and then he was off into the strange tunnel. "Wait! Is that a good idea!"

The tall woman strained her neck to look inside, taking slow steps towards the hallway before she finally stopped short and turned to Axel, eyeing him up and down a few times. "How'd you know how to open this thing?" She walked over to the keypad and tilted her head as she looked at it and suddenly her vision went cloudy for a moment. Then it was back and crystal clear, better than before. Her eyes darted around the room and then down the hallway once again. Each piece of technology she saw had a sort of strange overlay of binary code information and Xyla took a few steps into the hall further. All the white... all the metal. This place wasn't one she knew but it was familiar.

Then her memories hit her like a train.

Oh no. There were pieces of information that stuck out and some that remained cloudy but Xyla suddenly remembered that she wasn't normal. Something made her different and dangerous and thats why she was beaten. Someone or something beat her to remove her memories then locked her in that camp. "Shit." She sighed. Max was already almost out of the hall, "This place is dangerous! I think..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back