Durarara!! RP - Chapters // (Kagu, Tale, Ran)

Ranmyakki

The sun was rising, nearing the center of the sky. It was a lively Saturday, new conflicts arising, mysterious and paranormal happenings, and schemes being plotted. This was the average to be held in Ikebukuro. With the school year having started only a couple weeks ago, a new young generation has flocked to Ikebukuro hoping to find that ONE thing they are looking for. Something new and wondrous.

Konn Vainte being a very secluded person usually stayed inside his house. But when he woke up today he felt a great urge to start looking for the change he's longed for. He had no idea what he'd find, and doubted he would find it, but it was time to explore Ikebukuro. He got out of bed, made lunch and ate. He grabbed his cell phone after getting dressed in his loose white shirt, baggy black hoodie and dragging dark black jeans. Leaving his house he checked his cell phone. His one friend from school was supposed to be meeting him at the train station. "It seems out of character for me... but I'm -- excited!!"

It had been awhile since Konn had left home for more then just a grocery run, or a school outing.

Arriving at the waiting spot, Konn bought a can of pop and a magazine.

"Hmm, which street was my apartment on again?" Indie mumbled, lifting up her rose tinted sunglasses to get a better look. Stuffing the scrap of paper back into her jean pocket she hopped back on to her bike and started to ride off. The sun was shining down on her back and she felt hot underneath her wig, though she did her best not to show it. By the time she had biked uphill she was irritated and her smile looked like it was pasted on against her will. Her comfort in the end was that she had found her apartment, a small but quaint building with porches and windows and flower boxes.

As she stopped in front of the building she grinned and lit a cigarette. "Let it begin." she muttered, taking a puff.

No missed phone calls.

Risa was used to seeing the message by now, but it still ate away at her that her mother had not bothered to contact her yet. Or…was avoiding her, as she ignored all phone calls, letters and emails coming her way. Three years she had been stuck in Japan, staying inside, avoiding her parents, and all forms of a social life. At least, when she wasn’t going to school…

Closing her phone, a loud knock sounded at her door, and she sat up on her bed just as Kaede was coming in. The two met eyes, and Risa immediately looked away;

“Didn’t I tell you to get up an hour ago?” she questioned, throwing her pile of clothes at her bed.

Risa only nodded, and Kaede continued to eye her, she had already dressed for the day;

“Food’s on the table” she noted, the blonde only nodded again.

The women sighed, and just as she was begin another spiel on respect and beck and call; or whatever she could dream up today, Risa pushed past her. Wandering down the hall, she came upon her father’s room and knocked on the door.

“I’m going out” she noted,

“…yeah” he responded through the door,

Turning on her heel, she headed outside, Kaede having no complaints about her being outside the house. The venture was only to the backyard though, and she sat on the patio chair, staring up at the sky as she waited for something to happen.

Konn's friend was late, but that didn't matter... much. He looked to the side to see his friend sitting next to him with a smile. "So, you finally decided to show up." Konn spoke with a hint of entertainment. "Only because you finally accepted an outing." Konn's friend replied, the two of them laughed. Konn's friend wore a grey camo sweatshirt and black jeans, a white shirt poked out the top of the zipped up sweatshirt. "Shall we get moving then?? You said you had somethings you wanted to show me."

Konn's friend stood up "Then get up and lets find Russia Sushi to start things off. I've been wanting to show you around town for a week now." Konn raised his eyebrows and tilted his head, "You onle met me four days ago." a smile crossing his face. The two of them began walking the bright streets of Ikebukuro.

While Indie did not classify herself as a vagabond she certainly had the appearance to have earned the title. As she walked into the building, wheeling her bike beside her she earned curious glances from children as well as scorned looks from their mothers. She opened the door to her apartment with a light kick and leaned her bicycle against the wall. The movers had already arrived and she walked over to the small number of boxes and opened one, the first thing she pulled out being a crystal ball. Indie grinned and then set the crystal ball on the table. She took out a few more things such as incense, an old deck of tarot cards, a few charms and a sparkling handkerchief before putting the box aside.

As she stepped on to the balcony Indie resembled a heroine from a foreign film, the blonde strands of hair from her blonde wig blowing in the wind while she smoked a long cigarette. She was already scoping out the town, looking for a place to open shop. Indie had hardly been able to buy this apartment and paying for rent would become difficult if she didn't have even two pennies to rub together. Yawning she threw her cigarette to the ground and dug the heel of her boot into it, distinguishing the flame.

After She had finished unpacking her clothes she grabbed her leather purse from the couch, as well as her deck of tarot cards and some incense and went out, deciding that it was around that time when suckers roamed the street and she could make a buck or two.

Risa was jolted out of her stupor by the sounds of a horse, mixed in with an engine; it was a sound she knew well, the black bike. Her patio chair remained forgotten, along with her hat and glasses, as she ran to her front gate. She came around the house just in time to see the bike zoom past, hearing a few distinct cheers afterward.

It was a legend, after all, the bike with no headlights…or any sort of light whatsoever; even Risa was interested in both rider and bike. After she couldn’t see the ride anymore, she froze on spot, feeling a presence behind her. She clenched the gate in preparation to face her and did so, noting that she had both hat and glasses in her hand.

“It’s about time you took these off” Kaede complained,

“Give them back” she spoke to her, for what seemed like the first time that day.

“Good morning to you too” she greeted,

So it was.

“Kaede-san-” Risa began

“Mother” she corrected,

“I need them to see” she finished, offering her hand and looking away again;

A loud rip sounded and Risa looked up to see Kaede finish the tear by folding it again, preparing to do it another time.

“So you do” she commented, as another rip begun

“But you don’t need this” she finished, as she balled up the shreds and placed Risa’s glasses in her open palm.

Clenching her fist, she was out the gate in a moment, the lock hindering her fast escape as she walked down the street. Only half aware of where she was going, she bumped into a few people on the way, not a care in the world.

Around 5:00PM/17:00 Konn and his friend both stop at a hotdog vender, buying some food. He had learned quite a bit of his friend, most likely his friend the same of him. Konn smiled and laughed as his friend dropped some ketchup on his shirt. They moved onto another Ikebukuro attraction. The site of the Dollars meeting. The fountain sprayed and the lights shone, despite the sunlight. "So this is where it happened, huh." Konn spoke though no seriousness floated around him for once "Yeah, so much has happened in the past few years. This was one of the most shocking. Especially with the Headless Rider, I mean have you seen those pictures!!" His friend showed him a picture of the headless rider driving down one of the buildings "I keep hearing 'You should stay away from them!' or 'They're dangerous people' but that's all crap."

The two of them left the area, beginning to walk in the basic directions of their homes. Konn's friend lived on the opposite side of school so he decided to walk to the school with him.

(Note, you two do not have to follow my timeskip. I'm just pushing forward for the introduction on my character since I have nothing much else to do until this point here)

"Oh, yes! I am Lady Indie and I see great things in your future! It is all in my crystal ball!" Indie crooned, the hair on her head bouncing a bit. She was making quite a show out of telling one adolescent's fortune (although all of the young teens seemed to be eating it up.) It was just as she was going on about a beginning to an adventure in the girl's life that she caught site of a rider on a motorcycle. Her breath caught in her throat and she lowered her crystal ball, her eyes never leaving the bright yellow helmet with comical cat ears.

When her attention was brought back to the girls she coughed uncomfortably and went back on with the reading, though her heart wasn't as in it as it had been before. She was still given a fair price of $10 and bid the girls a farewell before picking up her things and leaving for another spot. What had she just seen then? It was just a motorcycle rider, although something seemed off. Shaking her head Indie chided herself for letting the so called "paranormal activity" in Ikebukuro get to her.

The walk to the market was rather uneventful except for the curses that were thrown in Risa’s direction when she bumped into specific people. There was also a rather annoying sushi sales man that tried to catch her attention on the way past. Risa was only planning on buying one thing while she was out though, and that was a new hat that Kaede couldn’t easily rip up.

Entering the all-too-familiar store, she browsed the shelves in the winter section, carrying her wallet in hand. The hangs were looked through at least three times and she forced herself to move along, not finding anything that looked good. The store was the same though, the only other thing promoting coverage were the bandanas.

Pursing her lips, she grabbed a black one and quickly made her way to the counter, where the cashier greeted her with a smile. After the exchange, she tore the tag off and tied it around her head, tucking the rest of her hair into her sweater. The bandana would have to do for now…

"See ya Han." Konn then climbed over the school fence and proceeded through the yard towards the other end until he saw a light flash from inside the gym. Curiosity struck and compelled him to deviate from his path. "The hell??" as he peered through the window he saw nearly complete darkness despite the swirling green and blue lights. Suddenly a flash of red sprang from the floor.

A screeching sound came from right next to Konn, alerting him of a bird sitting on the iron bars holding the plastic roof up. He looked back seeing the figure surrounded by light looking towards him. Without thought he bolted towards the other end of the school and hoped the fence quickly, running towards his home.

All local News networks on TV and the Internet begin broadcasting.

"-and in other news, another group of local delinquents have been found beaten and stabbed. The teens were pronounced DOA."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back