• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Dungeon Seige : Honor of the Unsung Heroes

Ehb

Literal No One
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello everyone! Ehb here!
Here is an RP Idea that has sort of been mulling around in my mind.

This interest check was originally made as 2023's April Fool's joke. But, as it turned out there were some people who were sort of interested.
Feel free to read through. If the idea of a RP playing through a 2003 Action RPG 'remade' into a JRPG styled RP is appealing to you, do not hesitate to let your interest bet known. As it may spur a trial one shot of this RP to be run.

If you were familiar with the original game, the 'trial run/one-shot' would span the start of the game to the departure from Stonebridge.

Thank you very much!

Introduction:

intro.jpg
Credit: Carrots in the sky (youtube)

A long time ago, on the continent of Arrana.
The once magnificent Empire of Stars crumbled into ruin.
Paralyzed by it's power hungry Legions, and torn asunder by an ancient and merciless evil...

But the 10th Legion, the dying empire's most valient soldiers - and most trusted, withdrew far west to a land called: Ehb. Seeking to preserve what their dying empire had lost.

Here in the rugged mountains and rich valleys of their new home, they founded the Kingdom of Ehb. A kingdom which has enjoyed peace and freedom for three hundred years.

But, there was a price.

Few now remember the evil that once opposed them.
Fewer still remember the dark sorceries cast to save them.

But none could foretell that a humble group of farmers would be all that stood between a vengeance from the past, and the survival of the kingdom.

Forward:

DS1Map.jpg

Welcome to Dungeon Seige : Honor of the Unsung Heroes!
This is a group adventure RP, in which you and your party will travel through the Kingdom of Ehb - a kingdom in crisis, in order to stop an ancient evil responsible for this sudden upheaval.

You play the part of one of the various citizens of the Kingdom's ill-fated farmlands. Your peaceful life is shattered when the Krug, a stupid and normally elusive race if tribal creatures, suddenly descend upon your villages to pillage, slaughter, and burn with impunity. Barely escaping the onset of this slaughter, you make for the homstead of the village's Elder - Gyorn. But the Krug have already beat you to him. The elder's home is under siege. It's only remaining defender is the elder's younger daughter is fighting off a party of Krug seeking to finish off her and her father. She is hopelessly outnumbered by them.

At that moment, you as an individual have a choice. To run for your life - seek shelter elsewhere and hope the monsters devastating the farmlands do not find you. Or, to finally choose to make a stand. To fight and attempt to put this hopeless situation under control. Or perhaps, you seek retribution for what these Krug have done to your life, without any provocation?

One of those choices, will embark you upon an epic journey across the rich and now dangerous Kingdom of Ehb. The conclusion of which will put and end to a three hundred year old grudge, and save the kingdom from the malevolence that threatens to grind it into rubble!

Story1.jpg

This RP is based off of Gas Powered Games' 2002 game Dungeon Seige. An action RPG that the GM had played extensively through childhood. If you had played through that game, then you will know basically everything that will happen in this RP. But... it is in the GM's interest, and has always been in the GM's interest since childhood to give this RP a JRPG sort of twist. This RP is an attempt at finally doing that. The story is already written, the main focus of this RP is the journey and the growth of the characters who answer this call to action!

Additionally:

• Embark upon a grand Kingdom spanning journey. Taking you from your humble farmlands to vast dwarven mines, snowy hilltops, dangerous canyons, spooky crypts, and spider infested dungeons!
  • Work together with your party, defending and healing each other against the frightening array of monsters that inhabits the various locales you pass through!
  • Upgrade your character's array of skills and abilities automatically chapter to chapter based upon what the actually do through the course of each battle!
  • Encounter an array of characters in your journey and choose to partake in side quests that may help or hinder you and your party down the road!
  • Enjoy an RP that encourages developing the friendships between characters through 'Skits', exploring your character's character beyond the battlefield!
  • Enjoy a GM who can attest to generally having a reliable posting rate and dedication to see things through!
  • Use of Discord to ensure rapid OOC communication and organization!
  • Players who join the RP and perform all the 'Optional' character details will get a 3d model made of their character based on their FC and be included in the illustrations sprinkled into the RP here and there!
RPMCchan.jpg SkitEx.png

In Summary:

DSHUSHIcon.png

Characteristic RP Name:
"The RP Where Echoes of a Forgotten Past will be Rung With Unyielding Vigor"
RP Type: Group RP
Character Limit: 1 Per Player
Mandatory Secondary Communication: DIscord

Attachments

• returnplayercampaign.png
    returnplayercampaign.png
    621.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Aaaand that was April Fools! Ehehe!
Thank you everyone who looked anyway!

This is another chapter in weird RP ideas that I don't think I can ever run. In this case, while I've actually wanted to do this idea, my poor choice in username and lack of free time to run a second RP makes the prospect iffy.

Though what has surprised me is that there are actually more people who played and enjoyed the Original Dungeon Siege than I thought where around here.
In any case, if there is any genuine interest in running a Dungeon Seige turned-to-JRPG please do not hesitate to voice that opinion, as it may be considered for a One-Shot trial run later down the line.

On a final, random note, I wasn't the only one who, after finishing up the game, gathered EVERY SINGLE recruit-able character and hauled them ALLLL the way back to the farm at the start of the game so we could all live together have a victory party next to the still burning watermill, was I?

I suppose if I am not being SCAAAAAAAMMED out of an interesting RP idea this time around, I may be down for such a one-shot trial.

grumble grumble

I mean I remember nothing about the game’s story, but I’d still unironically join such a thing. Probably get bombarded with nostalgia along the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back