• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Dreddverse: 800 Million Stories in the Mega-City...

Characters
Here
"You got that right, the law is the foundation that holds this society together." Wolf said as he saw the wagons "Well looks like this scene is no longer our's Imma go talk to Dredd if you wanna come with and hopefully he will have an answer for us, Regarding this operation." He said as he went to retrieve his bike and pulled it into an upright position before backing it out and hopping on it.

"This one's all yours, Wolf," Thorn replied. "I'd just be extra weight. Besides, I can all but hear the city calling out for more justice--so I'll return to the streets to try and stem the tide of chaos from spreading further."

Having followed the other judge outside, Thorne slung a leg over his own bike and started it up. "'Til next time. Stay safe out there."

As Thorne drove off, he spoke into his comm unit. "Control, this is Thorne. Heading southbound toward Sector 41..."

"Rog. You too." Wolf said as he swung his leg over his lawmaster and started it back up, getting a stream of new data to his helmet.
"Control, Wolf, Heading West towards sector 13, available for assignment."
"Copy Wolf, return to the hall of justice immediately, report to Judge Dredd for a special assignment."
"Thorne, Control, return to the hall of justice immediately, report to Judge Dredd for a special assignment."
"Copy control, en-route to hall of justice now. Inform Dredd that I'm on my way, be there soon."
"Control to Dredd, come in."

Thorne chuckled softly to himself. "Guess I'll be seeing ol' Stoney Face after all," he muttered before speaking more audibly into his comm unit.

"Control, this is Thorne. Copy that. I'll be there shortly."

He downshifted his cycle to make an impromptu u-turn on the overzoom he was on and headed down a spiral to the closest ultra-thoroughfare leading toward the Hall.

"Control, Wolf, I have arrived at Hall of Justice."

Judge wolf, would then get off his bike and start walking inside making sure to keep his lawgiver in his holster as he passed up the stairs and through the front entrance going to find wherever the heck Dredd was at the moment. He wondered when Thorne would be getting here.

Not long after Wolf arrived, Thorne pulled up before the hall, his tires squealing as he skidded to a stop. The judge jogged into the hall. "Dredd's going to kill me if I'm late to this summons," he grumbled under his breath.

A cluster of cadets quickly moved out of the way as Thorne ran through the building's large reception area. "Emergency, sir?" one called.

"Nothing you're ready for, rookie!" Thorne shouted back. He frowned, turning a corner down one hallway. "Control," he spoke into his comm unit. "This is Thorne. Where does Dredd want me to meet him? Alternately: where's Judge Wolf?"

"Thorne, this is Wolf, third floor corridor, 5th room from the right as soon as you exit the stairwell."
Dredd then got on the radio "Thorne, this is Dredd where the hell are you boy?! Been waiting for you for nearly 5 minutes, that's five minutes too many!" He said and then got off the radio.

"Stomm!" Thorne growled before making his way up to the correct location.

"Sorry about that," the tardy judge said with a long exhalation. "Had some incomplete intel, but I'm here now."

Thorne looked from Dredd to Wolf and back, placing his fists on his hips. "What's the case, and how can I help? More body sharks or something different?"

Dredd: "All right you two, nothing you hear here today, goes outside this room, got it?! The chief judge wants this under the radar, hence why I'm here, I'll be managing the assignment(s) for you. Now the both of you will be working together for a while from now on until either the chief judge or myself says that you are to no longer be partners, this won't be a case of sorts more a team meeting, you two will be working together in a new taskforce the chief has put together herself. This task force is gonna comprise of many operational units that won't be seeing the other teams face to face, but rest assured, you will all know who each other are because you will be all told who is on each team in the larger task force." He said with his usual gruff.

Thorne frowned. "The chief's not worried about long-term partnerships potentially reducing individual judges' ability to cover as much territory as necessary?"

He paused and looked to Wolf. "No offense intended, partner. I'm on mission until it's over. Just felt the need to ask." He glanced to Dredd as well.

"Can't wait to see what we're sent after first. I know the options are piling up by the minute as we stand here," Thorne added with the hint of a smile appearing at the corners of his mouth.

Dredd: "Right now the chief is worried about more than just that with the referendum coming up where the people get to decide whether or not the judge system gets to stay in place or we return to a democracy-style society. But she told me that this needs to happen and she was gonna do it anyways so here we are, now stop complaining Thorne and get your mind focused on the mission!" Dredd told Thorne a bit pointedly as he went through all the available data that was being streamed to his helmet.

Wolf looked at Thorne "No worries, I know the chief has done this for a reason and I'm willing to go along with it, even if I can't respond as an individual, but that's the job. I trust you to make a good call Thorne and I expect you to watch my back just like you would for me, remember we're gonna be a team now so we have to make sure we do things as a team, not individuals." He said as he looked at Thorne and waited for Dredd to give them their first assignment.

"Fine, fine," Thorne said, holding up a hand in resignation. "Sorry to be a ... thorn in your side."

He paused and then cleared his throat. "Alright, that was the end of it. That pun may be even worse than the movement to return to Booth-era democratic insanity."

While he and Wolf waited for Dredd, Thorne leaned slightly toward his new partner. "For sure, Wolf. We'll show 'em all how it's done," he said confidently.

Dredd:"The Chief Judge shares almost the same opinion you do Thorne, though I wouldn't say the same for the criminal scum who fear us on a daily basis and murder and rape and kill and all sorts of drokking and despicable crimes. All right looks like we got a pretty serious one in sector 18, no doubt you two have been seeing the data on all the block wars and riots going on around sector 9 lately. Well, we just got a data-packet from one of our black ops division units that is observing the area and it looks like some of the big gang bosses are meeting up in the sector near where the black ops unit is hidden out. If their cover is blown, we will lose the tactical element of surprise we have around the city. Your mission is to make sure that doesn't happen got it?"

Wolf listened to the brief and nodded "Yeah, I got you Dredd, stop the black ops squaddies from being killed by discovery. Alright Thorne, let's roll, see yah Dredd!" He called as he turned around and walked out of the room and back down the way he came until he got to his law master and almost got run into by a cadet "S-Sorry sir! I wasn't looking where I was going, I'll be more careful in the future, sir!" The rookie stammered out as she stood there at attention waiting for the Senior judge to dismiss her, her friends looking at her with surprise that she could be so clumsy. "You had better be, because out there on the street! No one is gonna care whether your rookie or a girl! The streets will eat you alive if your not ready! So get ready rookie! Dismissed."

"Yeah, I got it," Thorne replied and followed his partner toward their cycles.

"Those crews in Sector 18 have really been stoking the flames of a full-on block war, haven't they?" he asked.

Just then, the cadet nearly ran into Wolf. Thorne remained quiet during their exchange, his arms folded across his chest as he stared at the junior judge.

When she left, Thorne cleared his throat and swung a leg over his Lawmaster. "We got a lock on the black ops' position?" He punched in a series of commands onto the cycle, its display cycling through several maps of Sector 18.

"Depending on where they are, it might be a real trick to get through whatever CitDef blockades have been commandeered by manic blockers. Like here, for instance," Thorne added, gesturing to one of the maps. "Jaden Smith block. Only a few real routes in or out, and it's getting most of its resources from facilities in the much more impressive James Darrell Edwards block. Must be living hell for its residents--at least any who like to travel."

"We should probably route through Jaden Smith and then around James Darrell block and we should get close to where they are at. I don't think we do, but you know how the black ops div likes to act, backstabbers, power hungry judges, wouldn't be surprised if there were a few bent black ops judges just running around the city and killing without anyone knowing or working for the gangs. I just hope we don't run into SJS. We're probably gonna have to call control and request law drone support on this one." He said as he got on his lawmaster with his partner and several rookies that were standing around the entrance watched the two plan before the lawmasters started up and both judges took off for sector 18.

"Sorry about that chewing out with the rookie back there, just when these rookie's aren't paying attention, it's a hassle and it gets on my nerves." He told Thorne as he added "yeah hopefully it doesn't turn into that, riot squads are already overworked as it is."

Thorne allowed himself a quiet chuckle and nodded as the two rode off toward their destination. "Stomm, Wolf--at this rate I'm almost inclined to requisition use of a judge from Psi-division just to make sure we don't get caught flat-footed. Some of those black ops types act like they're already taking the Long Walk."

Thorne maneuvered his cycle around a mobile hab unit. "Citizen," he said through his cycle's loudspeaker. "Either increase your speed to the lane's minimum or change to a slower lane. Failure to comply is two months in an iso-cube and a mandatory driver rehabilitation program."

The larger vehicle's driver looked around to spot the judge, his eyes wide, and then navigated traffic to shift several lanes over where everyone moved much more slowly along their route.

"So, Wolf, you respond to calls in this sector often?" Thorne asked his partner.

"Nice job, but I say you should've still given that citizen the two months and the mandatory rehabilitation, the driver of that hab unit looked like they would be a repeat offender, but that's just my take, you do whatever feels right to you." Wolf said as he talked to Thorne on the way down to the sector.

"Yeah, kind of one of my primary patrol areas, I'm usually with the QRT unit of the sector house, but honestly, this teamwork thing is much better than QRT. QRT sucks outright." He joked as he drove.

"I know what you mean, drokking black-ops, bunch of shady-drokking judges that are legally sanctioned to do shady drokking stomm to anyone they want." He growled as he drove.

"If we weren't en route to something more important, I would have," Thorne replied. "But we simply don't have the time to have that conversation with the driver."

He grinned. "Besides--the speaker was loud enough to free up the lane." Thorne nodded ahead, where most of the mobile habs and other vehicles were working hard to get out of the express lane.

As the judges drove onward, the Jaden Smith block became visible on the horizon. "So," Thorne asked, "what are the odds at least one of the black ops crew we're looking for sold out the rest of their unit? Think it's a coincidence we're getting called in as support?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back