• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Dread Reckoning

Jagson

One Thousand Club
Captain Rin Carr looked into the mirror wondering if he could recognize something from who he use to be. He let out a breath and finished putting on his armored disguise. It was heavily modified Armored Infantry armor painted a ghostly white compares to the usual obsidian black.

"This is Salamander I want the ships crew to meet me on the bridge in five minutes." He said into his comm his voice modulated to sound harsh and uncaring.

He made it there with time to spare. "Dread bring up Galactic News Network let's see what's going on in the verse." One of the rooms walls transformed into a screen as a horse man was giving the news. He took his helm off and started a pot of Coffee for the others.

Dane 'Scratch' Reks
Interactions: Jagson Jagson
Mentions: ThAtGuY101 ThAtGuY101 Jaellagirl Jaellagirl Xevll Xevll

Yellow: Ari
Blue: Scratch

Like many other mornings, Scratch had started the day with soot all over her. Today, Scratch had been working on thruster and engine maintenance. At first, she planned to do a simple inspection, but one thing led to another, and here she is working on another "improvement." She was hoping that, with a little rewiring, she could slightly cut down the thruster's fuel consumption. It wasn't anything important or life-changing for the crew, but maybe it would save them a bit of coin, so long as Scratch didn't blow the ship to kingdom come...

"I do not detect the need for thruster maintenance. I advise you to allow me to perform a diagnostic." Ari the AI said for what may be the fiftieth time this morning.

"Sometimes Ari, humans just know better," Scratch said with an irritated hiss, still elbows deep in the panel below her. She was doing rather well this morning. Thus far, nothing had gone particularly wrong, besides an oil splash or electric shock here and there. It even seems like her improvement might work. By adjusting the ratio of air to fuel in the tank, she managed to find a way to make less fuel burn longer.
"I'll have to get Captain to test them out later," she muttered to herself.
"I do not detect the need for thruster maintenance. I advise-" "CAN IT ARI!...dumb bot..."

Scratch rolled her eyes, annoyed by the persistent
assistant. Now that her project was finally over, maybe she wouldn't have to worry about being harassed by the ship's AI. She carefully placed all of the wires back in their respective places, screwed back on the panel, and placed her tools back on her belt.

Just as she finished packing her things, she heard the captain's command to have everyone on the bridge in five.

"Perfect timing!" she said contently, brushing off her clothes and heading off to the bridge. Along the way, she gave a few knocks on the doors down the hall, making sure the rest of the crew heard the announcement.

Scratch arrived a few minutes after Rin's call, fully recovered from her irritating interaction with Ari, and back to her perky self. "Good Morning Captain," she said with a smile and a lazy salute. By the time she had made it there, the coffee was brewed, so she eagerly poured herself a cup, not bothering to ask whether or not Rin intended to share.

She made her way to the nearest unconventional surface for a seat. "Anything interesting on the news today?" she asked, just beginning to sip on her mug.

Last edited:
~Regalai...~

A rather short, pale and somewhat content looking man stood there in is room. He glanced around at all the outfits in his possession. Some were luxurious with gold trim, some had long flowing capes, others had fur, and some had both intricate and simple patterns to them. Outfits for different occasions. For speaking with nobility, for trading with common folk, for doing shady activity, for interacting with political discussions or legal situations. An outfit for many occasions. He picked the one he liked the most and wore the most, and began making his way from his room to the corridor.

He had heard the captain speak on the intercom, but the only place this silver tongued gentleman was going was the bathroom. As he walked out, he began having little conversations to himself. Hypothetical situations that required a more diplomatic approach. It may have looked silly, but he enjoyed coming up with solutions while also playing devil's advocate and countering his points. These little conversations would be pointless if he wasn't prepared to receive valid arguments. It helped that Regalai didn't care if anyone listened to him as he simply enjoyed hearing the sound of his own voice.

As Regalai was about to enter the bridge port, he paused and closed his eyes for a moment. Having took three breaths, he opened hid eyes. He walked in, waving with a friendly welcoming grin plastered across his face. His eyes painted a different picture. Cold and calculated. He was here to discuss business as usual.

"Salutations. A fine day to work, yes." Regalai said as he took his seat. Regalai noticed Dane aka Scratch and the Captain as he looked around.

Last edited:
Rin looked at Scratch and nodded before taking a sip of his coffee. "Well if you have invested in Q'uali industries you might want to pull out. Looks like the Wrai... Wrathens are going hard against them." He said not using the Alliance term for the Lizard warriors. "But UG stocks are going up. Guess our superior overlords doing good for not "being involved." He said sarcastically.

He raised his glass as the ambassador came in. "Ari bring up Akron Station." He said as the screen changes to a needle like space station above a planet.

He looked at his ambassador. "Any of your contacts have any intel on this station."

Arrannah Marine - The Bloody Sparrow
She looked in the silvery mirror surface at the deformed face on this head of hers. The scars were running down on one side of the face from that sorrowful day - the day her crew, her family, died. It was still painful: both the scar and the memory. Arrannah opened that small metal tin from a shelf near her and ran a finger over its cold, smooth, familiar surface before twisting off the lid. A pure white creamy paste was now in full vision of her. Arra scooped a dollop of the substance with her finger to rub it in the scars. The moment it contacted the damaged tissue its relief was almost instant. She sighed in relief. At least some pain can be taken. She wondered how many others even on this ship performed their own small daily routines like that standing in front of a mirror and contemplating some aspect of life or history. It didn't matter much now

She had made her hair and set out to the med-bay to in a way hide away from the rest of the crew here but also when it comes to medicine the cleaner one can be the better and thus she had some equipment to set out under the UV lamps as she had forgot to do so yesterday. The room's door had merely shut when an announcement echoed over the room. It called for everyone to join on the bridge.
"Oh, I just had hoped to get it all done," she mumbled to herself as a few knocks echoed from the door followed by some footsteps. It had to be that tinker fellow from where was it again.........oh yes the Balore-9. Arrannah tried her best to remember as much about the rest of the crew as she could but she wasn't the best at it. Unfortunately, medics don't treat only the body but also the mind and a key to it is knowing the patients is key.

She strolled over to the bridge scanning the room and the people in it. "Greetings and good tidings!" she spoke with honey-like inflexions. Arrannah took her seat in utter calmness and set herself straight. The air in the room felt sickening and sweet but none of those parts were too overwhelming just there as a note in the back of the nose. It was better not to think about it right now so she took a small book from her pocket and started to read it while waiting for others to pour in.

Regalai adjusted his self in his seat ever so slightly scooching around. He passively listened to the others talk before the captain asked if there was anything he knew about their soon to be next destination. Regalai hadn't played much attention to the screen until he had been asked. With a quick glance, his mind began to think before having a realization.

"Akron Station... Yeah. I know a few people. I know a security officer that can discreetly get us in a hangar bay. If you're interested in some. Less that legal firearms. I know a lady. Lin... If there's any other information you need, you can probably speak to Lin. Knows a lotta useful information around the station. Good at hiding things or people, for a price" Regalai now leaned slightly against the table. Glancing around the room again, he looked over at Arrannah. Giving a slight nod before turning his gaze towards the window.

He took a sip of his coffee and thought. "Get in contact with Lady Lin. See what she can easily depart with Also there is some information I need from Akron's main computers." He took another sip. "We should be arriving in a day." He downed the last of his coffee amd poured another. "Scratch check to see if there are any parts that need to be replaced." He than looked at Bloody Sparrow.

"Sparrow get an account of medical supplies we need. Don't know the next time we'll be at a station."

Happen Space

Vice Admiral Reginald Vickers of United Galaxy Navy looked on in disgust as his sensors showed the Mulich fleet being pushed back by the smaller Happen force. And these people were who the UG were unofficially backing in this war. He shook his head. What did he expect from a punch of fuzzies who couldn't take a planet gift wrapped for them. He shook his head. "Judicator and Liberator give them a hand." He said as his sensors showed them change from UG Battle cruisers to Mulich dreadnoughts.

"Sir you have a message from command." His communication officer said. "Forwarding it to your counsel.

He skimmed the message. "Helms man plot a course to Akron Station."

Last edited:
Arrannah looked up every once in a while when people came in or talked. She listened to Regalai talk about Arkon station with the captain and all the other smaller things people discussed. Every time she looked around she got small nods or greetings one of those being from Regalai. It was a calm day in ways but we all know that there is calm before the storm.
"Yes captain I will take a look at the supplies but one thing I can say there are never too much of pain medication or gauze so we can stock up on those as well as some aids for digestion. I will provide you with the list before we make contact with any station."
She delved back into her book as she finished talking and Arrannah did hope they would end soon enough so she could set things up as she was earlier. The woman started to think over all the interactions she had had today to take account of the apparent mental state they were having. Most of them were good as usual but something behind the ambassador's eyes seemed fake.
Arrannah turned to the man: "Oh ambassador how are you feeling today? I haven't checked in with you in a while and as you know we are only as strong as the weakest link. If someone is not feeling their best then it needs to be looked at."

~Regalai...~

He nodded again in response to the captain's request. With his data pad, he began to send messages in Sogaar, a rare and complex language mainly spoken on the planet of Shugura and occasional smuggler. As he awaited a response from Lin, he heard Arrannah. He gently sat his computer down so that he could turn and give Arrannah his full attention. With a bewildered grin, he gave a hearty chuckle.

"As long as work continues to come in, productivity continues to rise, business partners are satisfied and contracts are upheld, I'm a VERY! Happy. Man" His hands clasped together, he gave her a nod. Scratching his chin, he tilted his head back.

"Indeed! A clock will not work unless all of its gears are properly functioning. As far as weak the link is concerned, if you can find them, perhaps we can improve their mood and work performance" In an meager attempt to puff up his chest, he gave another chuckle. A few moments later, he finally got a response.

"I'll forward the information to you in a second annnnd... There! I went ahead and made sure it a translated version" Regalai said. He was now checking in on galactic news as well as casual messages with a couple random contacts. Regalai was nothing if not well informed about the political changes or marketing strategies across the stars.

Last edited:
Dane "Scratch" Reks
Interactions: Jagson Jagson

"Aye Captain!" She said as she quickly gulped down her coffee to answer. "I thought you'd ask, so I went ahead and did a few touch-ups this morning as well as a full body assessment to see how the ole ship is managing." Scratch got up and approached the captain with a small tablet-like pad that displayed a scan of the ship.

"As far as I can tell, we're doing ok. We do need to stock up on coolant for the thrusters," she said as she tapped the screen, highlighting the thrusters on the tablet's map. "Ari will tell you otherwise but don't listen to her. Get the coolant. Secondly, I'm sure you were already planning to, but we should definitely refuel at the station."

Scratch moved the focus on the tablet to the primary engine and held it up to the captain. "The last thing on my agenda is upgrades. Today I tweaked the thrusters to see if I could help it consume less fuel. Now that I've got that wrapped up, I'm free to make new adjustments and improvements. If you can think of anything you'd like done, let me know so I can get what I need at the station."

He nods as he grabs his helmet. Everyone knows their job. Scratch do what you think is right if Ari advises against it than do it anyway until she flat out tells you to stop.

He check his tablet and saw the message. He nodded as he glanced through it. "We should reach Akron in a little under four hours if Stryx is right on his calculations. Regalai you'll be accompanying me. Sparrow and Scratch you both stick together while obtaining the supplies."

The man gave her a hearty chuckle as he spoke. Maybe she had been wrong but she knew what she saw and the next meager attempt to buff his chess more than confirm it. "Well don't overwork yourself! Even in this day and age burnout is a very probable outcome so don't overwork anyone else either," she mused as she looked back into the book. Arrannah had much to process now not only to make a decent assessment on Regalai but to also figure out what supplies she needed because even in a great age like this medicine is still in parts very primitive but one does not change something that works well to things that might work well.

The captain finished up the meeting as assigned her and Scratch together on the Arkon station. Well that's not too bad if there are any female-only areas in there she wouldn't have to go alone but all that is to be determined as she had not been in that station before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back