• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Drawn/Digital art dump!

Moonshadow

Roaming The Universe and Stars
Hello! So, I have this dream that is literally a dream that is in the clouds. I can't possibly reach it now, but I'm hoping I can one day grab it. I hope to be somewhat of a animator, artistic, we comic designer. I can write well, but I lack in everything that is 'art'. 

I honestly tell everyone that my best drawings are stick figures (I draw pretty mean stick figures if I do say so myself), but I want to be able to draw anime guys and girls. Mostly girls since I like main character girls. In order to at least animate the way I want to, I need to get good at drawing. 

Right now I just have a pencil and a sketchbook, but I'm praying when my birthday comes around I'll acquire two things 1) Drawing tablet and 2) New computer so I can download flash, illustrator, Photoshop, etc.

But before then I need to get good at drawn'. So I decided to make a thread and post my 'art' somewhere so I can see how far I have progressed in my struggle for my dream. Also, I decided to put it on here because you never know what people I can find that can help me y'know? 

Anyways, I have a couple of drawings of girls, but I decided to do something different today. Draw a guy! It's the first time I ever drawn a guy and I followed a guide on Pinterest (really works guys, no joke.) Link: http://m.9gag.com/gag/agN4v5W

So this is what I ended with image.jpeg

His name is Blayd and he is a floating head of course! Well, I don't know how to draw bodies yet so I'm taking baby steps. But oh my goddddd he's not that bad! Like he looks like God compared to my other drawings. But I'm sure others are like 'I drew something like that when I saw 9!' Yeah, okay. I'm still in my training wheels. 

I don't know how often I'll post my art, whenever I have time I suppose. Though School takes up most of my time sadly. But I'll try my best and maybe add color. 

Okay LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!  

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! I finally finished another character. I tried to use the same format as I did for the guy (Ice cream cone trick), but made everything slimmer I guess. 

I had trouble on the hair and I never like the eyes, once you do one right you spend an hour trying to perfect the other one, but it's never alike. 

So so here she is image.jpeg

I needed to make the head smaller , but I tried to fix it with the hair. Her name is Carabell. I'm thinking of writing something perhaps a book with these two in it. 

Also, I was thinking my next draw should be Frisk from Undertale. Though I honestly feel like I'll do it no justice. Alright now I need to write or sleep (waiting to do homework at last minute of course.) 

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER! 

So, I ended up drawing the Undertale Frisk today... I'm so tired. 

Here it is and I know the body looks bad, but I tried my best. image.jpeg

Also, frisk has baby arms now. I maybe color it tommorow, but I wanted to post this version before I possibly mess up the entire thing. 

Another late night draw. I'm trying super hair to work on girls trying to nail them. But my troubles start with hair and eyes really. Hair mostly. I don't know how to do it! If anyone has tips, tricks, or anything please let me know! 

Anyways, here's the maiden of the forest image.jpeg

lighting is bad because of my shadow when I tried to take the gosh darn picture. The head is better than last time and I saw my reindeer stuffed animal so I drew reindeer antlers on her. I had no clue to do for the hair so I did werid combinations and all that. 

I may or may not color it. I just feel like coloring is ugly since it takes away from the effect. 

Anyways, LIVE LONG AND PROSPER 

It's been a while since I've drawn something. I've been really stressed with school, trying to do Nanowrimo, and family problems. So, I decided to relax by drawing. I kind of liked the style I was trying to go for. It was suppose to be a practice for hair of my character Posion. (I wrote an entire story about her. I might post it on here or not.) 

image.jpeg

theres probably several reasons it looks bad, because A) It's a small drawing, not meant to be a full face. B) I did a lot of erasing. C) Lighting was horrid. 

Good news is it's a month until my birthday! Being the youngn' I am, I'm going to ask my family to help by me a new computer (one that holds illustrator, adobe flash, Photoshop) and... A DRAWING TABLET! I wanted one ever so badly and I might get it! 

Anyways, LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

So this is a change in pace. For my sisters birthday, we just painted, so I just painted a eye. 

image.jpeg

at first it didn't have the eye shadow or wing tail, but I decided to add it. 

Now im going to hang it up on my wall. Pretty proud of it, but I wish i could always draw like that. 

Anyways, LIVE LONG AND PROSPER! 

Lol, I just realize I need to change the name now. 

Anyways, I just got a new laptop and my first drawing tablet! I downloaded a program called Fire Alpaca (free and easy to use. I mean I even used it.) and started to draw! 

I made my character Poison!

image.png

Shes suppose to be in a room, but I was too lazy so I just created the sort of look for it. 

I was also going to have her say: 

"My name is Poison." 

But it took me two days and I didn't want to do any more. 

However, it was super fun! 

Hopefully, some people like it. (Also, I've been thinking to do requests or I go look for people who want their oc's drawn.) 

Anyways, 

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER! 

HOLY WHALES! 

I did it! I had a image in my head and it came it pretty good! I'm really not upset with this one, and it's way better than Posion (sorry, it wasn't my best work) 

without delay, here's my masterpiece (jk I'll probably make something better than this someday), EMBER GOLD! 

image.jpeg

I love how this came out (if you couldn't tell by how I changed my profile picture to her) and it took two days! 

Actually two days isn't that long, but it was for me. 

More about Ember Gold (if you are curious), she's one of my four battle characters that I'm going to try animating (not like how I drew her, it's going to be a stick figure with hair like her). Her ability is to control fire (if it wasn't obvious enough) and can deal a lot of damage by her speed. Also, she can create wings of fire therefore her nickname is The Phoenix.

She's probably my favorite since her personality is usually angry, but she also reflects on why she has these powers. It's why I didn't draw her with angry eyes since she's just reflecting on her past (which is a pretty dark one). 

I'm not sure what I'm going to draw next, I was thinking about tackling a guy character (and fail at it XD). 

Anyways, 

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER! 

Hey man this is a really nice start you've got going for yourself, omg! Looks really cute, and your colored pieces are definitely my favorite of the bunch. You've got a very solid grasp on color and palettes, which screams potential.

You mentioned animating, and while I personally haven't dabbled too much in the craft, if you want a simple battle sprite, perhaps consider pixel art? It's definitely one of the easiest ways to animate a character, and can be so cute!

Also I know that feel of taking five separate ages on a piece, but trust me, have patience with yourself and focus on your art. Your effort will show (and it did) and as you get more and more practice under your belt, the faster the process will be! ^^

(Also of the traditional pieces I see up there, your first post, with the boy courtesy of pinterest has my favorite face! Apparently the tutorial works for you, so keep it close for your next piece, but don't be afraid to experiment. Breaking your boundaries will help you grow, and if you don't like it, nothing says you cant give it another try, haha.)

Good luck, and don't give up! I'm rooting for you!

Hey man this is a really nice start you've got going for yourself, omg! Looks really cute, and your colored pieces are definitely my favorite of the bunch. You've got a very solid grasp on color and palettes, which screams potential.

You mentioned animating, and while I personally haven't dabbled too much in the craft, if you want a simple battle sprite, perhaps consider pixel art? It's definitely one of the easiest ways to animate a character, and can be so cute!

Also I know that feel of taking five separate ages on a piece, but trust me, have patience with yourself and focus on your art. Your effort will show (and it did) and as you get more and more practice under your belt, the faster the process will be! ^^

(Also of the traditional pieces I see up there, your first post, with the boy courtesy of pinterest has my favorite face! Apparently the tutorial works for you, so keep it close for your next piece, but don't be afraid to experiment. Breaking your boundaries will help you grow, and if you don't like it, nothing says you cant give it another try, haha.)

Good luck, and don't give up! I'm rooting for you!

Thank you for the advice, and I've seen pixel art and sprite animation, but I can't quite wrap my head around it XD perhaps I may try it. 

Neat OCs.

Thanks, I try my best ^^

Woahhhh I haven't really come back to this in a while. I don't know why, but lately I've been getting back into drawing. If I had to pinpoint the root, I would have to say my anxiety is getting worse. Not to say my anxiety isn't heightened when I draw things, but depending on what I'm doing, drawing and doing art can calm me down.

I've mostly experimented with digital art and different ideas. A whole lot of them being either horrible or incomplete. However, I'm pretty satisfied with this one I've done recently. There's two versions of this one with words which explain the art and another without:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Also upon looking at it, I forgot to sign it. Also erase a few things. Granted I would do this normally, but it's 4 am of my time posting it so I honestly don't care.

Another thing I did was painting! I just saw the flower on the box and painted it:
image.jpeg
The picture quality isn't that good, but you know... 4 am. This was intresting because during my not-so-fun time at this place called Painting With A Twist, I had learned a great way to blend colors in which I did for the leaves and petals of the flower. They said to paint with white and then use whatever color your using on top of it. I think this technique worked the best with the leaves! The background was cool too because I didn't have watercolors so I coaxed my acrylic with water until it was a watercolor. Woot woot!

So yeah, maybe I'll post more stuff on here. I can't fix the images above on the thread (at least for my mobile phone they are tiny af) because I hadn't saved all the pictures. The only ones I probably can fix is Ember Rose and the eyeshadow eye. Rip me. I am doing more artsy stuff so whatever I feel like is pretty snazzy I'll post on here I guess.

(Also don't @ me, but I maybe willing to do request soon. Of things you want me to draw. Not people however, not until I've perfected it.)

And one last thing! If anyone has any tips on drawing hair, bodies, and clothes PLEASE COMMENT! I really wanna absorb how to draw people and it not suck! Thank you to everyone who gave their time to read all of this and look at my art! You're rad.

Anyways, LIVE LONG AND PRO

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    141.2 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    230.8 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    919.4 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread