Other Drawing Tablet Tips?

·̇·̣̇̇·̣̣̇·̣̇̇·̇ •❣•୨୧ Make sure that if you use a stylus that it's meant to be used for that art tablet! If you don't use a stylus that matches your art tablet then it'll mess up your artwork and can glitch out. If you need any suggestions on styluses or art apps to use ask I'm an expert :p ୨୧•❣• ·̇·̣̇̇·̣̣̇·̣̇̇·̇

Thanks! That's helpful to know. I have to ask, do you know of any good free art apps? Right now I'm using Firealpaca, and It's taking me awhile to get used to it. Before that I had Ibispaint X on my phone and just recently switched so I'm all messed up.

Thanks! That's helpful to know. I have to ask, do you know of any good free art apps? Right now I'm using Firealpaca, and It's taking me awhile to get used to it. Before that I had Ibispaint X on my phone and just recently switched so I'm all messed up.
Ibispaintx and Sketchbook are my personal favorites! Sketchbook is good for beginners and novices as well and it's easier to plan out rough sketches on.​

Cool! I've worked with Sketchbook a bit in the past so I'd definitely be more familiar with it. Thanks so much!
You're welcome! Something I do is rough draft on Sketchbook then import it to Ibispaintx to finalize and make the actual art of it!​

There's probably a lot of videos/articles out there you can find with a quick google search! The main thing is just to practice. It's going to take you awhile to get used to looking at a screen while drawing on a tablet. Just keep at it. Look at where your line is going to be, not at the cursor where it is, and making fast strokes will make your lineart smoother.

As for free programs gimp, inkscape, medibang, and krita are ones I can think of off the top of my head but what you'll prefer is up to individual taste. Inkscape is a vector program, though, so it's a little different. Occasionally paid art programs will have promotions where you can get an old version free. Photoshop/Adobe did this! You might still be able to get them but I'm not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back