• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dragon's Heart

This is a 1x1 RP between KarinKurayami (aka meself :3) and Protocol. Sorry folks! We are both open to RPs though! Just message us!

Kono ducked, Asil's foot nicking the side of his head. It hurt, but wasn't debilitating. He smirked reaching out for a kidney shot while Asil was still recovering. He took the other dragon shifter off guard and Asil hunched over with a growl. Kono skipped out of range.

While Asil had more muscle and years on Kono, Kono was faster. They sparred for a few more minutes, Kono letting the other wear himself out. He let Asil be on the offense while he dodged and spun out of the way. Asil's moves started to get sluggish, less precise. They were both dripping sweat onto the sun-baked courtyard. Kono flipped his sticky locks out of his face. "Ready to call quits?" he panted.

Asil growled spinning to keep Kono in his sight, slick muscles moving under tawny skin. He raised his fists into position again. Kono shrugged and moved into range, feinting left. His fist clipped the other jaw, before he followed up with a knee to the gut. Asil grunted and reached for Kono, his black eyes promising pain. Kono slipped out of reach and brought his foot down on the back of others knee. Asil fell and Elder Cora called out. "Match! Konogan Mevel is this years winner."

Kono blinked in the bright sun, brushing his dark sweat-slicked hair from his face. He'd won! He grinned and reached out a hand to Asil. He couldn't believe he'd won this year's tournament.

"You cheated," Asil grumbled, but he took Kono's hand anyway and let the other help him to his feet.

"Hey, I won fair and square, but only because you'd already fought five men before me. I wouldn't have beaten you if they hadn't worn you down first." Kono put a supporting arm around Asil's back and helped him over to Elder Cora, who was the healer among their clan.

"Well, I hope this year's bride is butt ugly." Asil groaned as he sat down on the bench by the tall elder. "Would serve you right."

Kono rolled his eyes. It didn't feel real, he'd won. By the end of the day he'd be married. He punched Asil's shoulder lightly. "You wish." Before he left to clean up and shift before the night's ceremony when he'd pick his bride up from the ruins on the edge of the human village.

Last edited by a moderator:
How did she end up in this situation? One second, she was working work on an enhanced fire spell, the next, the elder of the town, a chubby old man named Rollin, had come in to tell her she had been 'chosen by the Gods' to be the sacrifice.

Talia knew it wasn't the truth. She was training herself to be a sorceress and magic was a huge no-no in the town. Recently, someone had found out about it, despite how well she kept it hidden, and had told the elder. This went a one way trip a dragon's belly.

Now, she was tied to a pillar in the old castle ruins outside her town with the little stuff she could hide on her person. She didn't believe the dragons would eat her, but she wasn't going to be stupid and not take precautions.

Kono circled the castle ruins, his wings flickering amber gold in the sun. He drifted down, the wind cool on his scales as he neared crumbling stones and overgrown courtyards. Something moved on the northwest edge and he zeroed in. Hopefully, to find his new bride. He neared the courtyard, claws tapping on pine covered stones. He snorted, circling the maze of columns and thick underbrush. He could hear someone breathing nearby and edged closer to the sound.

She heard the dragon near and frowned slightly. I'm screwed... Talia maneuvered her hand to grab one of her crystals. Hopefully it wouldn't end badly. She heard the breathing of the dragon, taking a deep breath in and waiting

Kono edged closer, seeing movement out of the corner of his eye. He turned his muzzle in that direction, large golden eyes flickering across the abandoned ruins. His claws clicked as he moved closer to his prize. He could see the tip of a black dress fluttering on the other side of a column.

She watched in slight horror as she saw what she could only think to be a dragon's scaled claws come around the column. She didn't think that she would be necessarily scared when she say the dragon, and now she was getting a true taste of fear.

Talia looked in awe and shock as she watched the behemoth dragon turn the corner and look straight at her with golden eyes. No ice spell or incantation she had learned would help her right now. She watched as the scaled, muscular dragon stalked toward her and she surmised the dragon was younger, but that didn't mean he wasn't strong.

She clutched the crystals more and the crystal on her choker glowed bright. She put up the strongest barrier she could around herself and frowned. Talia thought back to her life, the people she had met, the things she had learned. Was this really the end of all of that?

Kono finally caught sight of a beautiful young woman bound to a column. Tendrils of black hair flew around a her face. He longed to slip fingers through the silky locks. Her brow was furrowed in concentration and his fingers tingled with the ache to smooth the lines out with a gentle caress. He wants to kiss the plush lips, currently flattened into a thin line and gaze into her intense blue eyes. His chest flooded with warmth and he smiled.

So she was to be his wife? The gods were smiling down on him. He was so engrossed by the woman's beauty that he completely over looked the glowing crystal at her neck. Eyes only for her, he rushed forward knocking a pillar over with his hip. It was easy at times to forget how large and powerful he was in his dragon form. "Are you the sacrifice?" His voice low as he moved closer for a better look. He stopped when he was several yards away and stretched his neck out until he was eye level with the human.

She smelled strange. Pleasant, but different from most of the humans he'd scented. There was a lingering touch of herbs, flowers, and spices, but that wasn't what made his eyebrow raise in confusion. Underneath the scent of human and herbs was another faint essence. It was like mist gleaming in the morning rays or the kiss of moonlight on a night baring flower.

Kono exhaled, steam rising from his nostrils and narrowed gold eyes on his bride. "What are you?" It was then that he noticed the crystal glowing at her neck and the weird barrier around her.

Talia watched as the dragon came toward her, his movements very much animalistic like he was ready to devour her, but... Something wasn't completely right. She couldn't tell what it was until he was eye level. He wasn't hiding it at all. There was a fire in his eyes, a hunger that she hadn't quite seen before. The animalistic movements, she realized, were more of excitement and forgetting just how large he was. And he was enormous. He was easily ten times her size, if not more.

Getting over her fear in the moment she realized that this hunger was different from any animals who wanted food. Her elders had been wrong, of course, but this also meant that the fear of dying was no longer a thought in her mind and it made her barrier that much stronger. She didn't know how it would fair against a dragon, but it would do for now.

She also noticed the confusion, although she wasn't quite sure why he would be confused. Was it the barrier? Surely he had seen a barrier come from other sorceresses before. Had he just never encountered a sorceress before? She didn't know, but Talia would oblige by give him some answers.

"I suppose I am the sacrifice, given my current predicament... Which means you must be the dragon. And I am a sorceress. Not a good one, or rather still learning, but yeah..." She watched his reaction, hoping that her straight foreward attitude wouldn't turn her fate in another direction. It had gotten her in quite a lot of trouble in the past, and that was with humans. Now, here a dragon was and she was sure the response she gave would either amuse him or irritate him.

Sorceress? Interesting. Kono tapped the barrier with a claw, feeling the air solidify and press against him. He pushed harder, without any results and grimaced. The red dragon snorted and curled around his new bride impatiently until he surrounded her on all sides. He hadn't expected to have to 'unwrap' his prize. "I assume you didn't coming willingly?"

It was supposed to be an honor to be the sacrifice. Not many humans got to marry a legendary creature after all. They should have all been clamoring for the position. Though considering her 'predicament,' the bindings keeping her in place and the barrier she'd erected to keep him out, he didn't think that was the case. "Yes I'm the 'dragon' and your future husband, Konogan Mevel. Would you kindly undo this enchantment? I'd like to free you and take you home as soon as possible. If you would." He pressed against the barrier again, this time his shoulder pushing against it.

Last edited by a moderator:
She looked at him with apparent confusion. Future husband...? When did they become brides? That's not something they were told. Actually, most of the girls from her village went away crying. Yes, marrying a legendary being like a dragon was considered a huge honor.

"You apparently don't understand what's like for us in the village.. The girls of our village are terrified of this event because we are told that dragons kill us." She frowned and looked at the red circle of scales around her barrier. Her barrier that was separating them.

Kono shifted. Red scales shimmered in the pink light of dusk as the sun set behind snow tipped mountains. They rained down like petals, hiding his form as he transformed, and disappearing as soon as they hit the ground. As the last few scales fell a handsome man appeared in front of the woman, clothed in simple garments. Kono smirked holding out a hand. "I'm not going to kill you." It was such an absurd statement, at least to someone like him who couldn't understand the way humans feared his kind. If he wanted to kill someone why would he go through all the trouble of asking for a sacrifice. The sacrifice was in exchange for not burning the village down. "Please let the barrier down."

She watched as the dragon essentially disappeared before her eyes and all that was left was a man. They weren't just dragons, they were dragon shifters. This made her feel slightly more at ease, rather than have an enormous dragon looming over her.

Once she thought about it, all the lore around the dragons really didn't make sense. They wanted a sacrifice to keep the village safe, by killing their villagers. That didn't make sense at all. Everything about the dragons seemed to be fictitious according to what she was experiencing now. Talia sighed slightly before removing the barrier, watching the shifter. "Konogan, was it..? My name is Talia Kerwin..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back