• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Dragons [Closed]

Characters
Here

Matreania

Expect the unexpected, it expects you

Dragons:

75282fb7485de1b0c14372aac0cb4cac.jpg

Human Dragon form:

b877ca3cbfb503b457fa58fd398e986c.jpg

Human:

male-and-female-fashion-3455.jpg

In the medieval ages, was the last Dragons were seen. They were hunted and killed one after the other, but appeared and vanished here and there; no one could find them or kill them after the last dragon confirmed to exist. People were told that it was their imagination, that they were crazy or that Dragons don't exist.

The Truth

At least 12 dragons were cursed by a witch, in order to keep the humans under control. Making the most powerful creatures in existence hidden from being killed but able to change back to their previous form.

Reasons

1. Keep humans afraid of attacking other magical creatures

2. Save some Dragons

3. Make allies with stubborn Dragons

Curse outline

1. Can not be in Dragon form too long

2. Has another Dragon form (human dragon)

3. Stay in human form most of the time.

4. Using power is exhausting (at first, in RP they would be used to it by now and can use their powers fine.)

5. Whatever form you carry is the form the child will have (almost always human)

6. Life is just as long, in human form (can not change appearance)

HISTORY OF DRAGONS

The first creatures on earth, Dragons started from an egg, not sure which was first the dragon on the egg, but the growth began with the egg. The first Dragon, Argon, watched creation begin, from water to mountains, to ice and land. Other Dragons started to hatch after nearly a hundred years of being watched by Argon. His death gave them life and the race of Dragons began. From the deaths f Dragons, came the life of Dragons, until slowly, their deaths started to affect other creatures like radiation. Helping to modify the DNA of a single based cell organism had to creatures that were nothing like Dragons. Magical creatures soon developed and non-magical creatures started to pop in. Dragons stopped dying and existed, watching over the creatures that now populated the world, being stubborn with their wars and using their power to try and stop them, sometimes making them worse. The oldest beings in existence, Dragons felt a responsibility of carrying for others, until they were seen as a threat to Humans. Insect creatures challenging Dragons, Humans grouped up and with the mercy of Dragons managed to kill one or two. Humans believing themselves so much more,owners of the world now, attacked Dragons first, then went after the population of magical creatures. Like children, Humans tried to destroy everything, but Dragons and magical creatures still walk the earth.

Last edited:
 Nero sighed when he got into his room, looking at Kyla, after an argument with Ripley. He didn’t know how to assure Ripley that it wasn’t her relationship with the wolf but because of the change in what people were questioning. He looked at Kyla, expecting her to agree with Ripley but they both knew that when people started to ask why their “foster” daughter was still at home and looked like she didn’t age since high school, that they would have to move on. But this had never happened before, he never had a problem with Ripley when they had to go. Out of every dragon he led, she was by his side with every decision he made, knowing it was always to protect them.  “Have you keep a place to start?” he sighed as he walked towards Kyla.

Ripley ran, she had never been so upset with Nero of all people, but she didn’t want to leave, she didn’t want to had to tell Sam that she was going and most importantly she wanted to stay with him. She just ran, to meet with Sam as planned, when she saw him, he didn’t had too much time to react before her arms were wrapped around him and her face buried in his chest, as she held him and hide at the same time, as if that would keep them together.

Kyla was sitting at a desk in the room, reviewing some documents, looking up only when Nero spoke to her. "Yes. I found a new town, small enough that it would be easy to start over." She says as she got to her feet and moved to him, she knew he was upset and she wanted to make him feel better. "I found a large home for us that might work. Plenty of rooms if any of the others need to stay with is until they get their own places. But I've been looking for places for them too. It's near the woods and mountains. It'll be a good place to start again." She says gently. She reached for his hands. "Give her a little time. She understands." She says about Ripley. They needed to speak with the others still but she hoped that might be easier.

Sam stumbled a step back to compensate for her running into him. He looked at her, unsure as he slowly wrapped his arms around her in the most comforting way he could. "Ripley what is wrong?" He asks softly after a little time had passed. 

Nero sighed, nodding, "Maybe. But this is the first connection she has had in the 500 years that we have been human and for the first time, she is acting like a child." he stated, then smirked at Kyla, "I know that she is young, but we were never so attached." he teased, trying to ease his mind a little. It was hard because when Kyla was gone, any outburst he had to deal with Ripley was there beside him. Being on odds with her made it hard for him. No matter how cold and heartless he seemed to the rest of them, Kyla knew how much he cared and that was what no dragon could see him, that was why she was his perfect half.

Ripley sighed deeply, still hiding in his chest, Nero says we are moving again." she blurted out and held him tighter. "He says they are asking too many questions about our ages and why I haven't aged."

Kyla smirked a little and looked down at their linked hands. "Speak for yourself, but I was...am...pretty attached." She teases back, though there was some truth to it. She smiled softly and looked back up to meet his gaze. "Let me try to talk to her. We'll give her the time she needs until we move. If she still won't come, then you and I will work it out. It's likely Remi and Tilley will get to the new town first. They can help the others and we can figure out what's up with Ripley." She offers gently. She raised one hand up to his cheek and gently rubbed her thumb over his cheek bone. 

Sam sighed and held her a little closer. "He's right you know. If the humans begin to question too much it could be dangerous for you Ripley." He says, stating fact more than anything. He didn't want her to leave either. 

Nero smirked at her comment, of course, they were attached, to each other, but they could be together. Sama nd Ripley was not even the same race, the could never hope to stay together. He had his pack that he couldn't leave and she was a dragon that moved everywhere. They had no future and Ripley had to know that, but he wasn't so sure she did. "Of course we will," he said kissing the corner of her lips, I will take care of telling everyone and you should go in the morning. Make sure everything is good for us and that we will be safe. I don't want another teacher or scientist figuring out we aren't normal humans like in '68" he teased her.

Ripley pulled away and looked up at Sam, "But then we won't see each other anymore. Once we leave a place, we never come back, I will never come back here. Is that what you want?" she asked him a little hurt.

She smiled and nodded. "That would certainly make things harder. I did learn my lesson, but I will go to make everything final." She says. She smiled more and lightly kissed his lips. "Until then we get the evening right?" She asks. She hated leaving so much. It helped that when they first moved she could stick around for a while at least. 

Sam frowned. "No, it's not. But I can leave. I can come visit if you tell me where you're going." He says gently, brushing some of her hair off her face and behind her ear. 

Nero smiled at her kissing her lips back, "We have all night and I would be more than happy to spend it any way that you would like to." he assured her, "At least until we have the time again."

Ripley frowned, "I don't want you to visit, I don't want to go. We've been here for only 26 years, there are placed we start for almost 40 before people ask questions. We shouldn't have to leave."

Kyla smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck. She would be perfectly happy just sitting in the same room as him. Just as long as she was near him. She smirked a little to herself as a thought came to mind, but then pushed it away. She often had random and insignificant thoughts but she couldn't help herself. Like now for instance, they - or at least Nero - had practically been parents to 8 grown dragons. What would it be like if they ever had their own?

Sam sighed. "You said your leader said it was time. Ripley he's doing it for your safety, what if something happens?" He asks. Of course he didn't want her to leave. But he didn't want her in danger either. 

Nero smiled at her, he could feel her thought wondering and bouncing around as she smiled at him, "What is in the mind of yours?" he asked curiously.

Ripley looked ta him, "We are dragons. The most powerful creatures in existence, we could stop running any time we want to." she protested, taking a deep breath, "I have done what he asked of me, my whole life because he is older than all of us. But he is wrong this time, we shouldn't have to leave."

She smiled even more and bit her lip. "I was just thinking that we both, though you most of all, have been parents to the surviving dragons, but...I don't know, I guess I was wondering what it'd be like if we had a child of our own." She says slowly. They had talked about it a few times, but given how long they'd been together, it wasn't much. There was always so much going on. 

Sam sighed, he didn't know what to say. "I wish you could just join our pack." He muttered. He knew though, that a few wolves would not be pleased with a dragon being in their pack. 

Nero frowned a little, "We can't. Not now, not ever." he said. They had talked about it, but he never felt serious about that talk. He could never be serious about that talk. He had seen the others with their children, the ones that left them after their children passed. Their children always came out human, they always died as humans, leaving their dragon parents to pick up the pieces of their broken hearts, the pain of not being there to bury their children, from vanishing from their lives, their grandchildren. From knowing that whole generations of families came from them and they could never be with them. He didn't want to go through that or allow her to go through that. He sighed, kissing her cheek, "The curse is a curse for a reason. I helped us to survive but that is all, that is all it gave us, our lives."

Ripley sighed, "Why can't I? I can stay in the woods and no one would even know I'm alive." she looked at him,"I know you can't leave your pack, but dragons had left us before."

Kyla looked down, the sadness at being reminded hitting her hard. She had always wanted a family with him, had always wanted that life. Then they were cursed and it wasn't an option, but sometimes she entertained the idea, as hard as it was when she was reminded of the reality of things. She kept her comment to herself though, she knew he was right and there was no use being upset about it. "I know, you're right, I'm sorry." She says, giving him a small smile.

Sam sighed and gave her a soft smile. "They are your family Ripley." He says gently. "And what kind of life would that be? I don't know if I could get my pack to accept us being together, we would be meeting like this for the rest of whatever time we have."

Nero sighed, looking at her before he wrapped his arms around her, "I'm sorry, Kyla. For doing this to us, for making this decision for us. I know you want to have Hatchlings and this made it hard, now impossible. But I couldn't lose you, I couldn't face losing you or you losing me."

Ripley looked at him, "I could always go back to them, to my family. But you won't always be here, you can't always visit." she looked at him saddened, "your life is longer than a humans but so much shorter than mine. It's not fair that I can't be apart of it anymore."

She hugged him tightly and sighed a little, resting her head against his chest. "You don't need to be sorry, you made the right choice Nero, don't ever think otherwise." She says gently. "I'm sorry for bringing it up, sometimes I just...I don't always think ahead like that. You know that." She says, she tilted her head to look up at him and smiled a little. "But that's why I have you and you have me." She says with even more of a smile.

Sam sighed, gently kissing ehr forehead. "I know. I wish I had an answer for you." He whispers. "We will figure this out," He promises. "But please, at least think about moving. Know I will always be able to come visit and it wouldn't take me long to get to wherever you are." He says, offering a gentle smile.

Nero smiled, the yen to his yang, but like Sam was to Ripley. He sighed pulling away from her, "I think I understand her now. Just like us, he isn't a dragon but he means so much to her to lose."

Ripley frowned but she nodded as she looked at him, "Stay with me? I don't have to go just yet, couldn't we stay together until I do?" she asked him, hoping that he would stay with her.

Kyla couldn't help smiling a little more, though she tried to bite it back. "We will figure it out for them. Compared to the long lives we live, their time together is short. I know it'll work out." She says gently, kissing his cheek. "I'm going to change for bed, listings for the house I was looking at are on the desk if you want to see before I put in the offer." She says gently.

Sam gave her a faint smile and nodded. "I think I can manage that." He says, hugging her close again, his smile falling only when he knew she couldn't see. He didn't want to lose her, he was so afraid of it and yet he didn't know how to stop it.

Nero nodded, "I'll look at them." he stated to her before they were both on their feet. He wasn't sure what he was going to d about Ripley, but he knew that he had to see where they would be going.

Ripley gave him a half-hearted smile as she hugged him tightly, "I never wanted to miss you, to be away from you." she said then she smirked, "On the bright side, Roman won't have to hate me so much." she teased trying to feel a little better about it.

Kyla nodded and then sighed as she entered the attached bathroom to get ready for bed. She knew she should be able to remember that they couldn't have hatchlings, but sometimes she couldn't help bringing it up, and she always felt bad after. She let out a deep sigh and shook the thoughts away. She wanted to enjoy the night with Nero before she would be away from him again. It wasn't long before she was leaving the bathroom, dressed in shorts and a tank top, her hair pulled back in a bun. It always amazed her how different the styles were every decade and every century for that matter. She had a place where they first started where she always kept a sample of some of one of her favorite outfits from each century. It was silly, but it reminded her of everything that happened in that century. She came up behind Nero and wrapped her ar,s around his waist, resting her head on his shoulder. "What do you think of the place so far?"

Sam chuckled a little. "Roman is a tough nut to crack. You two are very similar." He teases. He ran his fingers through her hair and smiled a little more. "I think he will secretly miss you." He adds.

Nero was looking down at the information when she came in and he nodded at her question, "It's big enough for most of us, no surprise that it is a good place." he sighed, before looking at her with a smile, "You always know where to go to make them all feel comfortable. Just another reason you are so perfect, you know how to make them comfortable, I still can't keep them from thinking I'm ice." he teased.

Ripley chuckled, "i don't know about that. But I know that I will miss you a lot sooner than I want to." she sighed, looking up at him, "How long will you visit me?"

She smiled and lovingly kissed his cheek. "Hmm, a good dose of ice is good now and then. You keep us all safe, and you keep the feeling safe." She says with another smile. She sighed a little as she rested her chin on his shoulder again and leaned her head against his, looking at the listings. "I'll put in the offer for the house tomorrow when I go then, it'll be a start to our new lives there."

He smirked a little and pretended to think. "As long as I can I think. Do you think that sounds okay?" He asks her with a smile.

Nero smirked, as he turned to wrap his arms around her, "That sounds like a really good plan. I like that plan, mostly because it has to do with actually waiting until tomorrow." he teased, kissing her lips, "I love you, Kyla, more than anything."

Ripley smirked a little, "Maybe, but I wouldn't know, because that is not an answer she teased, before pulling away, as walked backways a few steps, then crossed her arms. "I want an answer. I can't look forward to our time together if I don't know when you will come nad how long I will have you."

She smiled and kissed him again. "I love you too Nero, and I always will." She says. She knew she was privileged to get to see this side of him. A side that she wasn't so sure anyone but her got to see. She smiled more and kissed him once more and then grinned as she pulled back, pulling him towards their bed. 

Sam smirked as he watched her. He pretended to think, taking a few steps closer to her. "Hmm, well I suppose I'd have to come within a day or two of you moving, get a feel of the place and make sure it's safe." He starts, smiling a little more as he stepped closer still. "Then I would have to stay a week in the very least to continue to make sure it's safe enough for you." He adds with a smirk. 

Nero smiled as he followed her to the bed, kissing her when she got to the edge before his arm wrapped around her and they both landed on the bed, as he kissed her deeper. It was a feeling he liked, one as a dragon he could never feel, but as he had already reminded them all, all the ups of the curses have downsides.

Ripley couldn't help as she smirked a little, watching him before she shrugged, "You could always help me move." she suggested, looking at him curiously, "Unpack and explore." she shrugged, "I mean, if I get into any danger before your visit, wouldn't that kind of mean you left me unprotective." she teased with a sly smile. 

Sam smirked a little and moved closer to her, pretending to be deep in thought as he placed his hands on either side of her, against a tree that was just behind her. "You're very right. It's settled then, I have to help you move, there's simply no other way to make sure you'll be safe." He says with an amused grin. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back