• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Other DovahBeat's Art Dump 2.0 -- Crochet, Plushies, and More

DovahBeat

The Flame of Kamura
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
20200703_145407.jpg

About Myself

Hello! I am a mixed media fiber artist going to college for a creative writing degree. Here I'll post some of my art and W.I.P.'s. You can call me Dovah, or Beat, or both. He/Him, 24 yrs.

F.A.Q.
Q: Do you make your own patterns?
A: Yes! I make all the patterns I use unless explicitly stated otherwise.

Q: Do you use wire inside the plushies/tails?
A: I can and have, depending on the function of the plushie or tail. Most commonly I use wire in wings and as spines for necks/tails.

Q: Do you sell/take commissions?
A: I do! I sell in person on most First Thursdays during the academic school year at my college, PNCA. I also have an Etsy but I am migrating to a new custom online store since Etsy is kinda being a little POS. I also take commissions when I have enough free time. Check out my insta to keep up with when I open commission slots! (Insta: @ dovahbeat )

Q: What do you charge for commissions?
A: That varies depending on complexity and size. Ask me for a quote in DMs when slots are open.

Last edited:
20200629_195547.jpeg
Sunflower dragon WIP. Base pattern by Crafty Intentions on Ravelry

plushie wip line up.jpeg

My current WIP line-up. From left to right, Sylveon (complete), Umbreon's head, Espeon (WIP), Vaporeon (WIP), Jolteon (WIP), Shiny Eevee (WIP), Shiny Litten (WIP)
I have been trying to update my old patterns to reflect my current skill since most were made when I was still learning.

20210810_153513.jpg

Umbreon, complete.
Eyes didn't turn out the way I wanted but oh well.

Wow, I'm so impressed honestly! I once tried to crochet a cactus way back in middle school and it did not end well X'3
Love how you made Flareon's fluffy mane and tail! ^-^

Wow, I'm so impressed honestly! I once tried to crochet a cactus way back in middle school and it did not end well X'3
Love how you made Flareon's fluffy mane and tail! ^-^
Thank you! I started almost, wow, 5 years ago now. It definitely takes a lot of practice!
The mane and tail were fun to make, they're also made from yarn!

So uh. Long time no post. Almost 2 years in fact.
In that time I've taught myself micro crochet! Been working on a base pattern for a doll on/off over the past year. A sneak peak, if you will
20230314_110720.jpg20230314_110753.jpg20230314_110812.jpg

Yes, that's a 0.75 mm crochet hook. It's the smallest I own now. And it's what I've been using to make this doll!
The fingers also have tiny wires in them to make them posable. Because I'm extra like that.

I've been Hella distracted and can't seem to finish any projects, so here's me working on a project I started like 3 years ago and finally picked back up!
20230712_104151.jpg

20230711_124100.jpg

20230711_124214.jpg

His name is Meatless.

Wow, this looks amazing! Wonderful work. What are the bones made of?
Thank you!
The bulk of it is made from PLA filament with a 3D pen. The rest of it is stuff like wire, fishing line, magnets, etc.

Thank you!
The bulk of it is made from PLA filament with a 3D pen. The rest of it is stuff like wire, fishing line, magnets, etc.
Incredible! The skull looks so smooth and realistic. I didn't know one could do such things with a 3D pen. You're really talented! I hope you get the chance to finish this project.

Incredible! The skull looks so smooth and realistic. I didn't know one could do such things with a 3D pen. You're really talented! I hope you get the chance to finish this project.
Thanks! I hope I can finish him too. It took a lot of smoothing with a pyrography tool and sanding after that to get it that smooth hahaha
He's also going to be much bigger than what I originally intended. So I'll definitely need all the luck I can get lmao

DOVAHBEAT'S SMAUGUST 2023 CHALLENGE

So, I am determined to participate in Smaugust this year, but considering I don't draw much, I decided to change the 31-day prompt list into 7 prompts that I can crochet. I'm not sure I'll be able to finish all of them in time (and I'm a week late in posting this oops), but I will try to finish all of them even if it takes me beyond August 31st. Anyway, feel free to use these prompts, too, for whatever medium you desire!
  1. Lightning Coatyl
  2. Earth Drake
  3. Verdure (Nature) Fae
  4. Fire Grand (Your typical western dragon)
  5. Water Eastern Dragon
  6. Metal Wyrm
  7. Toxin Wyvern
Definitions of these dragons are based on William O'Connor's Dracopedia Field Guide book, but just have fun with it! Hopefully, I'll have finished the first prompt soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back