• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern DotC High

Winsley smiled and laughed as she was spun around, clutching tightly to Sage. "I would never forget you, Boy Toy. You'll get half my earnings and we can live in a big house with a fancy butler!" Such a fantasy she had, but it was one that she knew was fake. Of course she knew none of that would happen, but it was good to dream at least. Although at the mention of lobster, she realized how she was doing financially and her excitement died down. "I like pizza better. I still got the munchies, Sleeze." It was a half-joke, but by her calming down she was sure he knew what she meant. "Still on me, though." She was defiant, and smirked at the thought. Even if Sage protested, she'd always find a way to beat him to things and win in her own way. "Well, what are we waiting for? Get your ass in the car, let's go!" Winsley finally let go of Sage, bumped her hip against his before dashing over to her rust-bucket of a car. It's bumper caved in from being hit in a wreck when she was a little too high to be coordinated, smacking the back end into a light pole. Of course she always refused help on getting it fixed, saying that money on this car was worth nothing. It was bound to die one day anyway, so she would use the old thing until that day happened. She hopped up and slid across the hood to reach the driver's side, immediately climbing in. When she turned the key, she had to turn it at least 3 times until it finally jumped to a roaring start. There was no muffler for it, so it was automatically loud. Winsley then flipped to a metal radio station and started to blast it, leaving the windows open. She looked out at the two of them, tilting her head up and down as a sort of acknowledgement that she was ready to go.

Korren backed up as they interacted, smiling thoughtfully at Winsley. Things really seemed to be going well for her so far, and she was happy for her. Soon though, Winsley had darted off to her car without allowing either of them to protest. The noise of her car made Korren jump, as did the blaring screamo music. It wasn't really her kind of music, but she respected it nonetheless. She then turned to Sage, shrugging and deciding just to go with the flow, ready to go to the car when he was.

@McMajestic

Sage glanced back at Korren as Winsley headed back to her car, nodding towards his own. "Come on, Harvard. You like pizza? You better, or I'll have to make you walk home," he chuckled and winked at her, before heading over to his Mustang and opening the door. He glanced back at Korren once, smiling to himself. She was good company for a prep. He, of course, had already accidentally admitted his intentions out loud without realizing it, and Winsley had already predicted Korren's. He wondered how bad Bucky would beat him if he knew of what was happening at this moment. Korren Cshlom, Bucky's girl, was about to get in Sage's car and hang out with him for the rest of the night surrounded by hormones and weed. It made him chuckle to himself to know that Bucky would most definitely not approve, but then he frowned. He didn't care what people thought about him, but a guy like Cypress could do more than spread a few rumors. He could ruin lives. It made Sage hesitate in the oddest way, before he finally sat down in his car. Hopefully, Bucky would leave him alone, and hopefully he'd get to hang out with Korren again.

"Harvard, what do you like on your pizza?" Sage asked, wanted her voice to fill the space. It was odd, Sage valued silence so much. He spent all his time chatting with Winsley so she didn't have to soak in it but once he was away from his friend he liked peace and quiet- yet for some reason with Korren the quiet was almost awkward. Maybe it was the sexual tension, but he wanted to feel the space anyways. If that kind of tension kept up he'd be all over her, and he certainly couldn't make out and drive. So her voice would have to do for now. @FlameintheRoses

Korren entered the car with a chuckle, looking over at Sage with a smile as she sat in the car. "I do like pepperoni or veggies." There weren't many casual pizzas she got, they usually were home made recipe so she really hasn't had pizza out by store bought. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing, but it felt unusual to her. Those two kinds were the most casual she could think of, but she did favor them out of all things. "My family never was one to go out and buy pizza. Usually they make it. My mom is a good cook, though." Part of her felt bad for telling him this, mainly because it felt rather snobbish compared to what he was going through financially. Her face reddened and she went quiet, though kept a kind smile as to divert her sudden awkward actions. "How about-"

There was a loud honk beside the Mustang from Winsley, and not long after it sounded, she backed her car off and began to zoom out on to the road, roaring as it shot speeding down the empty roadway. Now it was a challenge, since sometimes she did street race with a couple buddies of her, and whenever he could, Sage was no exception. As her priorities went, it was always fun first and law later. Her usual saying was "it's only illegal if you get caught", so it was typical of her to break the law. She was a free spirit, and never could be held down by anyone or told what to do, which was probably why her parents could never really discipline her. She was headed off to the nearest pizza joint, and while she was driving she turned off her music to call a few close friends. Winsley needed a favor, since she knew that the little date between Korren and Sage was going to get nowhere without a little shove in the right direction. The only thing she cared about was emotion, rather than consequences to her actions. It was all thoughtful, but there was no thought put into it. 

Rather than staying at the pizza joint for long, she would let the two hang out alone for a few before bringing them to a friend's house to play games, smoke, and possibly drink, the usual really. All she wanted to do was to see Sage happy, and since Korren made him smile, she wanted to help woo her over, even though at that point she felt like she didn't need to do much. She saw how Korren looked at him with her goo-goo eyes, and knew that she was practically drooling over him. The liking radar was off the charts with this one, and she wanted to push it a little further.

@McMajestic

Sage listened to her speak, smiling softly when she mentioned her mother cooking everything. When he was younger, his mom used to have a home cooked meal ready every night, and Sage would hungrily devour it while Rose would whine about never going out to eat. Now Rose ate hospital food and pills, and couldn't keep down half of what mom cooked. So their mom stopped cooking all together, so Rose wouldn't feel bad, but Sage thought it only made her feel worse. None of them were unaware of the financial problems medical bills caused. Rose and Sage had gotten into a fight a few months ago about whether or not mom stopped cooking for Rose's sake or because she couldn't afford it. Rose had won the fight once her blood pressure rose and she threw up. Sage hadn't raised his voice at his sister since. Although his memories were cut off by Winsley. "Oh you're fucking on," he laughed, pulling out of the parking lot and flooring it after his friend.

It was only after they were neck and neck though, that he remembered Korren. "Hey, sorry if I'm scaring you, I promise I'll let myself fly through the windshield before I let anything happen to you." He reached a hand over to pat her shoulder reassuringly before easily passing Winsley. Her beat up trash heap was no match for his Mustang, which may have or may have not had an illegal nitrous system in it for drag races. @FlameintheRoses

Korren buckled herself in as soon as he began to floor it, chuckling nervously. She had never been in a race before so this was... new. "It's alright." Her eyes averted to his hand, and then back up to him. She watched him as he drove, seeing that same focused look set in his eyes. People were scared of him just by his looks, and it was obvious as to why. He was rather intimidating, yet also inviting all in the same. The structure of his expressions interested her, and she couldn't help but look at him. It was when she zoned out that she noticed she was staring, and blinked her vision back to normal, turning her head to watch the road. She only hoped that he wouldn't have noticed, and was paying attention to the road like any good driver should. 

As they passed by Winsley, she had put her phone down and was laughing and hollering out the window, trying not to over work her car in the process. Of course his car passed her, so she slowed down purposefully so that her car wouldn't break down. Even if she liked racing, she could only do it for so long before almost wearing out the only car she could afford for a long while. After a while she pulled off to the nearest pizza place, knowing that Sage would have beat her there or followed along, though she lost track of his beastly car.

@McMajestic

Sage glanced over in Korren's direction a few times. He's make it seem like he was just trying to get a good view out the side mirror, but she was his main focus. He did notice her staring, but instead of feeling a boost to his ego, he just felt self conscious. Sage used to have acne. He wondered if it was flaring up again. He wondered if his eyes were too dark or if his hair was messed up. Maybe he had nacho cheese on his face. He let a nervous breath fall out of his mouth and drifted slightly into the pizza parking lot, slowing to a safe speed before pulling into a front row parking spot. He took great care with putting the car in park and shutting it off, trying to kill time. He glanced in the rearview mirror, checking himself over. Nope. He still looked hot. Was she staring because she thought he looked good? He glanced over at Korren, at the goody two-shoes with a perfect attendance record and straight A's. "I don't get it," he finally said. 

"I'm high enough to ask the question so I'm going to, why does Miss Harvard like me? Answer before the clock strikes midnight or I'll turn you into a pumpkin." He added a joke, as if to calm her nerves that would undeniably shake at the question. He then got out of the car, a wave of sobriety hitting him as he quietly cussed himself out for what he just asked. He needed another joint. @FlameintheRoses

Korren smiled as they pulled to a stop, and looked up curiously as he started to question her. Her brow arched before he was able to ask, though before she knew it her face had been fired up. Was he joking? He had to be joking, right? Yet from what he had bluntly said aloud earlier, she figured he wasn't. She chuckled at his joke, but was stumped at the question. Why did she like him? He had gotten out of the car, and she shortly exited after him, though took her time to shut the door. "Well..." This was her first mistake, and she knew that by this she couldn't back down now. There was a short pause. She stood next to the car, keeping her eyes on the roof of the car. In the back of her mind she wanted to just go to him and hug him, so that she wouldn't have to think, but life wasn't as easy as that. At the moment she completely forgot about Winsley, since she had driven up but had not quite gotten out of her car just yet.
Her throat clamped up, and she didn't know what to say. Instead of telling the truth, she couldn't help but avoid the situation, even if it probably dug her deeper in to the hole. Korren lent a nervous chuckle as if to turn it into a joke. "You're cute I guess, Greaser." The words fell out of her mouth, and she walked ahead of Sage and into the pizza place as to avoid him seeing her face. At this point she was just trying to avoid embarrassment best she could. 
There was a waitress at the door in an apron, who smiled at Korren. 
"How many, sweetheart?" It was a middle aged woman, so she wasn't too bothered by the name. Korren smiled at her and decided to just get the table before the other two could walk in. "Three, please." From there the woman picked up a couple menus and led her to a table near a window, where they could see the road as cars passed by every now and then. She sat down calmly, holding her hands in front of her. Her heart had been beating erratically, so she was trying to calm her nerves with silence for once. 

Winsley watched the whole thing, leaning her arm silently against the door. It was irregular for her to be so quiet, but once Korren headed inside she piped up. There was a cheerful tone to her as she got out of her car. "Such a cute one, you found." She walked up to Sage, standing next to him and watching as Korren went inside to sit down. It was clear as day that she was nervous, so it wasn't something usual for this girl to be so boldly confronted. "Give her a minute." With a pat on the back, she returned to her car, trying to search through the tattered red seats, yanking open the glove box, opening every compartment there was in her car. As disheveled as she was in person, her car reflected such nature with trash littered in the back seat and on the flooring of the car. It was when she finally found a couple joints that she stopped wrecking her own car, pulling herself out from the mess and shaking the few joints she had left in her hand. "Last ones, make 'em count." Winsley walked over to Sage, handing him one before stuffing the other two in her back pocket. She then leaned against the brick walling of the small restaurant. There was a no-smoking policy, and since she didn't want to be kicked out from her favorite pizza place she strictly followed this and only this rule. She watched him like a hawk, though occasionally glanced over to check on Korren. Her face was red as could be, and certainly she must have needed some time alone. For a moment Winsley smirked, chuckling quietly at the humor of it all. If such a small thing as a blunt question made this girl jumpy, she truly didn't know what she was getting herself into. 

@McMajestic

Last edited by a moderator:
Sage smirked slightly as Korren called him cute. He couldn't help but snicker quietly as she scurried off inside, pausing to wait for Winsley. His smirk faded though as he thought of something. Maybe Korren said that because she couldn't think of anything else. He snorted to himself, shaking his head at his own stupidity. Of course Korren didn't like him- she just thought he was cute. Most girls thought he was cute. That wasn't some groundbreaking discovery for him. It wasn't that he was arrogant about, he just happened to get the compliment a lot. He leaned back against his car, letting out a heavy breath. Just a moment of physical attraction. What else could he expect? He was an outsider to the rest of the world, and Korren wouldn't be able to handle him anyways. He was a lawbreaker, a suicide waiting to happen- nothing a Harvard student would want. 

As Winsley walked up to him, making herc comment, he shrugged. "Yeah, cute, I guess, but that's it." He took the joint, lighting it without a second thought and taking a drag, ignoring the no smoking signs. "What's there to like about a goody two-shoes, anyways?" He took another hit, letting the smoke blow out as if to convince him he was right. That he didn't like Korren for her shy attitude, her smarts, or the way she tried to stand up to Bucky. Who was he kidding? Ever since Korren made it into the spotlight of popularity Sage had thought about her. She always seemed cool, especially when comparing her to the rest of the popular crowd that was a combination of brawn and bitch. "And what does Harvard have to like about me?" He glanced down at himself and took a slower drag than before, wondering if Korren hated the rips in his jeans, the worn leather jacket, the chain hanging against his thigh that connected to his wallet. "I have bitchin style, sure, but I'm not a good guy." He shrugged again, this time to his best friend.

"I'm better off with one of your friends. Hook me up with the stripper. I bet she's a good time," Sage joked. It was then he noticed an employee starting for the door and he dropped the joint, stomping it out. It was almost gone. He looked inside through the window, noticing Korren's dark locks. She was already seated at a table. "I normally don't talk myself out of hot girls, what's wrong with me, Lottie?" he asked quietly, trying to deal with the conflicting emotions inside him. He was sure he liked her, but then he was sure they weren't meant to be, but then he wanted to try anyways. It was so confusing that he felt frustration begin to bubble up inside him. He'd never felt frustrated about a girl before. Then again he'd never liked a nice girl before. Korren was someone he had to impress, maybe that was it. @FlameintheRoses

Winsley sighed as he started to become so glum. Her hands stuffed into her pockets as she looked down at the pavement. Her smile had contorted to a serious expression, meanwhile arching her brow. For a moment she held this position, and looked back up at Sage. Instead of addressing what was wrong with him, she jumped back to what he had first begun to ask. As she looked up at Sage, she held that serious and sympathetic expression, one she rarely ever held with anyone. "Don't kid yourself, Sage. I can see it in both y'alls eyes and the way you act." She took a few steps closer, standing in front of Sage at that point with her arms crossed. When she said someone's name instead of their nickname, Winsley wasn't playing around. "You right, you ain't no Gary Sue. But you know what you got that Bitchy don't?" Her hand reached out and placed over his heart, holding it there for a few beats. "You got this shit, no matter how messed up you think it is, you got it." From there she pulled her hand away, holding her ground, and reaching up to his chin and pulling his face to look at her directly in the eye. "Harvard don't know what heart is. You should be the one to show her, got it?" Her brow was raised, though she still held that serious tone. No matter how many times he would drag himself down, she'd always be the one to yank him up and tell him what was what. People always seemed to fear telling people the truth, but she had no problem with it, especially with Sage, the one person she's known all of her life. When she let go of him, she backed up and smiled, ending her little pep talk with an up beat reminder. "And don't think heart's the only thing you got, alright Siggy?" Winsley turned to the door, smiling back at Sage before entering the pizza shop. Wordlessly she raised her hand up to the waitress as a greeting and walked over to Korren, sitting across from her against the window. "Hey, again."

As the two talked outside, Korren had calmed herself down, her cheeks returning to normal and her heart beat slowing down. There was a bell that rang as the door to the shop opened, and she looked over to see Winsley finally entering inside. Kindly, she smiled at the green haired girl, moving her hands off the table and into her lap. "Hello." At that point Korren had already gotten a glass of water, and had taken small sips of the cold beverage. She slightly chuckled when greeting Winsley, which in return stuck her tongue out at Korren in a playful manner. 

"Ready for a party, Harvard?" Winsley leaned against the table, grinning from ear to ear. It was time for some pizza. She was extremely hungry at this point, mostly from having the munchies, but partially from just having a bottomless pit for a stomach anyway.

@McMajestic

Sage heard her words, but he wasn't truly listening until she grabbed his chin and made him look at her. From then on he caught every word. He knew he had heart, but wasn't that all he had? It didn't beat the new car Bucky could get Korren for every holiday, but then Winsley addressed that, as if she could read his mind- she probably could- he grew curious over what she could possibly be talking about, although when she didn't elaborate he didn't push for it. Sage wasn't one to drown in self-pity, but every now and then he indulged himself. It was like some weird dessert he just had to have every now and then. Maybe it was happening more recently since Rose's diagnosis, but he tried not to focus on that for now and instead headed inside, sitting next to Korren without a second thought so that way he could prop his feet up on the chair across from him next to Winsley. "For the record, I'm not just cute, I'm also sexy as fuck. Don't forget that, Harvard," Sage said to her, smirking brightly so as not to fall down inside his head, before glancing over the menu. 

"Alright, I think we go for a couple extra large supremes, then a hawaiian, and a veggie for Harvard," he said to Winsley, pulling out his wallet and flipping it open, searching for his debit card. He had gotten paid last Friday so he had a good chunk of money in his account for now and had already moved a fixed amount to savings so he was free to blow it all if he wished. "Oh, and you got any strong shit at your place? I need more than just the joints," he added to Winsley, but then a sudden thought came to mind. "Just give me the two you got, there's another one of those..." he glanced at Korren, then decided not to say exactly what it was. "Mouse concerts next month- he's a rapper," Sage lied easily to Korren before she could ask, not wanting to mouse was a reference to mickey mouse which meant yes, it was a Disney convention. He knew Winsley would get the picture though, so he didn't bother to elaborate. "But still, I'll need something else too." @FlameintheRoses

Korren smiled as he sat next to her, sticking in her spot as not to move away from him. She blushed when he spoke, unable to hold herself from chuckling. "I'll keep that in mind." Her eyes turned from him and then to Winsley, who was helplessly smirking. It was strange how she acted around them, and Korren didn't know exactly as to what she was trying to get at with those looks and comments, but she would figure it out later. 

Winsley smirked at the two, raising a brow at Sage as if the talk they just had didn't happen. It was easy to play things off with her. As soon as Sage pulled out his wallet, she stuck out her tongue in defense, pulling her wallet out of her pocket as well. It was a ratty old black leather wallet, but one she was proud of, since it was her fathers before she claimed it. She pulled out a twenty, holding it between her index and middle finger. As he talked, she leaned back, still holding the money. He gave Korren a shifty glance, and then he proceeded to mention her favorite pass time. Her face lit up at the mention, and her smile brightened. "Hell yea, anything for Mouse." Immediately she dug out the joints, displaying them across the table with an excited look in her eye. Every year she went to the Disney conventions, and each time would cosplay as her favorite characters or rendition of said characters. "I'll get the goods when I got time." She said slyly, winking at him. This only meant that she wouldn't be purchasing drugs any time soon, and he probably knew this well. Every time there was a convention she would only purchase items that applied to the costumes, and she was beginning to master the art. Each year she got better at crafting, and this time she had multiple ideas of which characters to go as, but in order to craft she always sobered herself up to completely focus on the task at hand. "As for pizza, we're splitting." She placed her twenty on the table, folding her arms as to show she didn't do take backs.

All the while, Korren sat there with a smile, interested in what they were talking about. "A concert? That sounds fun. Where would that be?" She was generally curious, and was met with a sly grin from Winsley. 

"Well, Harvard. It's one of those places where I'm sworn to secrecy, yah feel?" It was a lie, of course, but this was an event that only Sage and her would do together. She was one of the only people that knew his love for Disney. He was truly a softy at heart, but of course they both kept their fronts above all their childlike hobbies. 

Korren nodded, shrugging to herself. She didn't really understand why it was such a secret, but thought it was probably some sort of under ground concert, one where they sold drugs or something. But then again, they already so obviously showed their love for smoking, so why would it matter to hide it then? She didn't press the issue, but she was still extremely curious.

@McMajestic

Sage glanced down at the twenty dollar bill and snatched it off the table, pocketing it. "I'll give this back to you when you shape up, young lady," he said, before gesturing for a waiter at the counter to come over to them. Sage made their order and quickly shoved his card in the guy's hand. "Go! Pay with this fast!" he shouted, and by raising his voice Sage effectively scared the guy into hurrying off. He chuckled and smirked, looking back at Winsley. "Okay, here's the deal. You break this twenty and give the guy a nice tip since I yelled at him." Sage finally slid the money back over to Winsley, grinning innocently. Sage knew that when coming him and Winsley, the only real difference with their situations is Sage's income was consistent. he had a steady job and was guaranteed a paycheck every two weeks. Winsley wasn't. So if he could pay, even if she insisted, he would find a way to do so. 

He casually wrapped his arm around Korren as they sat so close together, and turned to her as he opened his mouth to talk to her. He knew he could easily have a conversation with Winsley but he wanted to include Korren. "So, Harvard, I've been racking my brain for boring questions since it's obvious you don't have a record, so how about this, what's your favorite subject in school? Careful now, if you say math I'll have to abandon you," he joked, intrigued to hear her response, especially since Korren was surprising him so much today. He wondered if this would surprise him as well, or is she would end up picking math, as much as that option disturbed him. @FlameintheRoses

Winsley immediately regret putting her money on the table, and leaned across just as he pocketed the bill. She rolled her eyes when he made the waiter run off, chuckling a bit at how scared the poor dude looked. "Fine." She yanked the dollar back, looking through her wallet for extra dollars. There were coins in her wallet, and a 5 dollar bill. She shrugged, pulling the 5 with some change, placing it on the table. There was nothing much she could do about paying now, which didn't bother her too much but still annoyed her that she lost another challenge. There was nothing worse than losing, other than being utterly alone. She leaned back in her seat, fake-sulking with a small grin on her face. All the while her eyes were on the two, noticing how close they seemed to be getting. They needed to eat fast, because she had something else other than pizza in mind for them.

Korren smiled as she watched their whole argument, holding back from laughing as the waiter scurried off. Since when did she want to laugh at people's panic? It was so strange for her to switch from a sweet caring girl to a less awkwar- Well, more awkward now that Sage had wrapped his arm around her. Again, red crept on to her cheeks by such a gesture, glancing up at Sage as he spoke. She chuckled, and closed her eyes, looking at the table as she thought of it. Many of the subjects in her school interested her, but she supposed that the most interesting one to her was literature, AP English Literature to be precise. While she spoke, her eyes brightened up, her hands making small motions in front of her as if to emphasize the importance of what she was talking about. "I prefer mostly AP Lit. It's interesting, we review older texts and get to interpret and evaluate them. I don't know, I just like the thought of processing text into modern day  interpretation. Oh, I also like U.S History, specifically the civil war. Well, this wasn't a part of my course but I did do a great amount of research. Goodness, it's so strange how 153 years ago we were brother against brother in such stressful battles such as the Battle of Gettysburg, fought from July first to third with stupendous victory from the union..."

She could have gone on and on for days over her studies, but of course that probably wasn't really that interesting, was it? Not many people found what she did as interesting, especially her "friends". They usually spaced her out or just nodded their heads and went on their phones, or continued with whatever they were doing. Not even Bucky cared all too much about her studies, only about bringing her to parties and coming on to her. She paused from speaking, shrugging and probably boring them. "Sorry, this probably isn't interesting at all." Korren glanced up, sharing a faded smile before looking down at the table. She wasn't use to being asked about what she liked, what she wanted to do, or even if she was okay with something. Her feelings didn't matter to anyone, so instead she bottled them up for later, even though eventually when it got to be too much she would end up crying alone in her room, only to repeat the process again.

Her hair fell over her face as a dulled look glossed over her eyes, seeming to shut herself down before she could ramble about herself. After a beat though she dragged herself out of it, forcing a smile. "What about you guys? What do you like to do?" Her voice was quiet, not as much filled with excitement as it was when she was explaining her interests.

@McMajestic

Sage listened, nodding once as she mentioned AP Lit. Sage had tried to get into that class when he heard they were going to read Shakespeare, something he had always been interested in, but his grades were too low and his school counselor wouldn't allow it. He wondered if he had pushed to take the class if things would be different. Maybe he would have met Korren a lot time ago, maybe they'd have a study group, maybe they'd already be a couple. He shook his head a bit, ignoring the thought for now and instead focusing his attention back on Korren, who also mentioned history. Sage didn't like history. In fact- it was his least favorite class, but he did enjoy learning about war and tactics and all that fun stuff, so when she mentioned the civil war he began to listen intently until she cut herself. "Hmm, what do I like? Well I was on the elite choir but then I got kicked off when I started failing everything my junior year. That was my favorite class." He glanced over at Winsley, humming gently to himself. "I got lots of solos too. I'm pretty fucking good, especially when I rap," he added, smirking towards his friend who knew his talents. "But since they dropped me I'd say I don't mind English all that much. The required books aren't that bad and the teacher likes me so I'm actually passing."

"But Damn, you sounded into that history shit. You'll have to tell me more about it some time," he added, wanting to turn it back on Korren for a moment. He knew the only reason she stopped herself was because she was scared she was boring them, and who could blame her? Sage had physically watched people Korren was talking to purposefully get on their phones or walk away so they wouldn't have to listen to her, but her voice was so pretty he'd allow her to give him a math lecture if that's what she wanted to talk about. He wondered why she wanted to be popular, or if she even wanted to be. Maybe that was just the price to pay for dating Bucky Cypress. @FlameintheRoses

Korren listened intently when he mentioned choir, remembering going to a concert one time. He had been one of the leading voices, and from what he had done then, she had to agree with him. Indeed he was good, but he could be better now. After all, the concert was almost two years ago, so he could have greatly improved. She nodded with a smile, though it faded when he mentioned being dropped from the class. When he looked over at Winsley, her gaze followed to see Winsley nodding in agreement. Yes, he was good, but more than just good when it came to singing. "Oh yea, Sleeze is a god when it comes to singing. He hits a note, and panties fly." There was hearty laughter from Winsley, since it was all good fun for her to joke like this, even if Korren's face had turned pink again. Again, such a cute one that he found.

It was when Sage spoke up again that she turned her focus back to him, looking up at him with a softened look to her eye. She smiled, shrugging her shoulders. It was not something she was use to, so she didn't really know exactly what to say. This was one thing that she liked about these two, they actually cared about her, and cared for what she liked even if they met that day. It felt like she had known them for a long time, and in her mind she imagined a life without all the popularity crap, being around these two and just having fun and focusing on the future, rather than the meaningless drama of the present. "Maybe." 

The pizza arrived shortly to their table, and Winsley was stoked. In fact, she even helped the employee put the pizzas on the tables. Before he could leave she handed him the five dollar bill and change, taking Sage's debit card from his hand and patting his back to send him off. She sat down again, taking out her lip ring before stuffing her face with pizza. The relief of finally eating the cheesy meal made her smile. It felt strange to have her lip ring out, but she didn't mind it. Before she could forget she handed Sage his card before returning to eating.

Korren looked up to see the boy come over, watching as Winsley hurried the boy along to get started on eating. The overwhelming smell of the food hit the area, and it was rather good. She took a slice of veggie pizza and began to eat, not necessarily stuffing her face but she did eat nonetheless. While Winsley had already been working on her second pizza, Korren was almost done with her first. After a while she ate three pieces and was feeling full, while Winsley had been working on her seventh slice. She picked up a napkin and dabbed her lips, cleaning off any extra crumbs or sauce from her skin.

@McMajestic

Sage chuckled as Winsley stroked his ego, before the food was brought to their table. He immediately started on the hawaiian pizza. It had always been his favorite. The combination of flavors just worked for him, and although a lot of people made fun of him for the choice he ate it savagely anyways. Halfway through his fourth slice, though, he realized that Korren would prefer a guy with table manners, and slowed down. He ended up eating ten of the twelve slices before taking a breath, smiling lazily. "God, I love this pizza," he said, readjusting his arm around Korren's shoulders once more. He was getting more and more comfortable with the position as the night went on and so he it was starting to become second nature to him.

As he sat there relaxing, letting the pizza digest as he debated eating the last two slices, he couldn't help but feel a bit of joy when Korren said maybe. Did that mean they were going to hang out again, spend more time together? Or was it just an empty answer? He hoped it was the former. He liked Korren a lot and he wanted to be able to hang out with her more. The pin suddenly weighed against his jacket, and he glanced down at it. He wondered if he got his grades off if they could date, and go to Harvard together, and live so fantasy together- but that was only wishful thinking, so he reached for a ninth slice and took a bite. "Do you like it, love?" he asked, glancing down at Korren who had finished her third slice. @FlameintheRoses

Easily Korren nodded to his question, smiling all the while. "I think I found a new favorite." She subtly leaned against him, though not fully. To have his arm around her was nice, and she was getting use to it, and loved it. It was comforting to have him beside her, talking casually without making any moves, taking it slower than she was use to. At this point she was feeling full, even though she didn't eat much. For each piece that Korren didn't eat, Winsley and Sage would chow down. They ate even without a care as to how they looked, and it made her happy in a strange way. Appearance clearly didn't matter, and she was jealous of the kind of confidence they had on an everyday basis, something she had to conjure up over time on her own. "Maybe we can come here again." Even if it was a tacky looking pizza place, with beach paintings on the walls and exaggerated colors, it was such a cute place. It was homey, something she wasn't use to. She looked around with a smile, soaking up every aspect of it. It was all better when she was with these two, since they seemed to be the start of a change in her life.

"Maybe sometime later, Harvard." Winsley smiled, and then raised her hand up in the air to call an employee over. There were few pieces left, but still there was pizza left, and she couldn't bare to waste any of it. The boy walked over and eyed Winsley with a question in his eye. Clearly he was on edge slightly by this group by appearance, since they were rather intimidating besides the preppy girl. "Boxes, hun." Winsley snapped her fingers, winking at the boy before he walked off. Quickly he came back with the boxes, and Winsley began to stuff the rest of the pizzas in them. "Leggo, the squad's waitin'." From there she walked off, twirling her keys in one hand, and holding the boxes in the other. When she was on her own, she smirked to herself. Lift, Kilo, and Sour Patch were all waiting at the house, hanging out and preparing Winsley's house for the guests. She hopped in her car and started it up, blasting her music and waiting till Sage and Korren came out. Once they were ready, she would drive off and head to her house, where her friends were waiting.

Lift was the thief of the group, and always thought he was so slick. He usually got away from the police last minute, occasionally getting thrown into jail, only to be found "innocent" because they could never find evidence against his crimes, thus having to release him. His hair fell down in long curly strands down to his shoulder, and he was taller and lanky, though he could surely run. Usually he keeps his greasy hair up in a man-bun, since it's easier to deal with.

Kilo, one of the normal ones. Why Kilo, you ask? When he first met the group he was rather... overweight. As he became a part of the family, he was forced to go to the gym and slim out. Now he was ripped, and went to the gym every day. In order to hold on to his past and remind him what he did, he wears dog tags with the nickname imprinted in it, along with the date he started training to lose weight, and the date that he had truly held a healthy life style. Although even if he is "normal", he can be rather playful in a brotherly way. Dating is something he generally avoids, since the only commitment he sticks to is working out.

Sour Patch, a rather sassy girl in the group. She is rude, judgmental and aggravating, though once you get close with her she is the sweetest girl in the world. Also, she loves sour patch kids. The one problem with her is that she is dealing with hard drugs, selling them occasionally, and was always in and out of rehab. Whenever she is out, she deals drugs with Winsley and a few other customers, though keeps it on the down-low as not to go back to that retched place again.

@McMajestic

Sage watched as Winsley called the waiter over, asking for a box. He felt Korren shift and turned back to her, noticing she had moved a bit closer. For the first time since his day with Korren started, Sage blushed. It wasn't just a small, simple embarrassment though, it was a full on tomato-red experience. He couldn't help it. The way she moved closer to him, the way she seemed to really like him, it made his heart leap in a dreamy sort of way- and the joints weren't helping. Winsley started off with the leftover pizza but Sage just sat there for a moment, looking down at Korren with his bright red embarrassment. "Tell you what, Harvard," he said, his voice cracking. He cleared his throat, managing to regain his control after a moment, his face going back to its normal color. "After today, if you still like me, I'll take you on a real date, alright? But only after today. Cause there are some things you need to know about me before you decide if you really like me or not." He leaned down and kissed her cheek before getting to his feet, starting for his car, giving her time to process his words and actions.

As soon as Korren would catch up to him, he'd follow after Winsley, turning the music up to ensure a silent drive. It wasn't awkward in his mind, though perhaps that was because he was the one behind the wheel, focusing on the road. The entire way he could only think about Winsley's house, and all the moments it would entail. Sage had been dying for a fix and he knew Sour Patch would hook him up with the good stuff, but it also meant Korren was going to see him higher than a kite. He wondered how she would take it, what she would do with it, if she would run away or stay. He wanted her to know, and he didn't want to just tell her, either, because sometimes people needed to see the real you, not just hear about it. She needed to see him as the failure and the druggie that he was, and that was why he said after today.

As he pulled into Winsley's driveway, he stopped the car, taking a deep breath and glancing over at Korren. The key came out, the music turned off, and silence overwhelmed them. "We have three really good friends. Lift, Kilo, and Sour Patch. They're all a little wild, and if you have anything valuable I suggest you leave it in the car. Lift loves to screw with people." Sage looked down at his jacket, and carefully took the pin off it, before moving to stick it on his tee shirt, where his leather jacket could hide it well but also where he could always feel it on him. "And just remember, you're probably going to see a lot of illegal shit going down, but unlike the popular kids who have their fru fru weed and posh coke, we have the gritty shit that's real good. You stay away from it, alright, Harvard? Can't have a smart, pretty girl like you getting addicted to something stupid." He offered her a halfhearted smile, hoping his wording came across right, before getting out of the car and opening her door for her. @FlameintheRoses

Korren smiled up at him, noticing his reddened cheeks. They weren't like that before, but it was cute. Before she could respond to him, she froze in a sort of elated shock. Immediately her face went completely red, feeling hotter than before. Did he just? She reached up to her cheek, placing her hand on her cheek. He did. For a minute she just sat there smiling to herself before following after him to his car. Her face cooled down after that short minute, and she climbed into the car with a smile. She wasn't sure exactly what he meant by things that she needed to know, but she was sure she could handle them. He smoked, he's aggressive, and yet the most respectful guy to a girl imaginable. Flaws like drugs and brawling didn't bother her as much, since he fought at least for the right cause. She sat back in her seat, listening to the music happily as they drove along, watching the road in front of them.

It didn't take long for them to arrive at the house, driving down a run down, rural neighborhood with smaller houses and metal gates surrounding tiny yards. They pulled into a smaller driveway, which was overgrown with weeds in the cracks of it. The house was a one story with a mess of a background. Just by a glance you could already see over grown grass, mixed in with graffiti painted on large wood planks that laid across the side of the fence, leaning there until Winsley moved them before rain hit, which rarely happened anyway. Korren smiled at Sage as he spoke, nodding in understanding. They seemed like rather interesting people, though the mention of drugs put her a little on edge. When people smoked cigarettes, she could handle that, but when they took hard drugs there was a different effect. Because of drugs and alcohol people acted irrational, especially behind the wheel. Of course though, such substances made people feel invincible, though she would never understand that. He warned her to stay away from it, and she would gladly do so. "Alright." She climbed out of the car, looking up at him all the while. The short moment was cut off by that same old Brit herself. 

Winsley climbed out of her and started walking up the steps, though looked back at Sage and Korren as they stood there. "Come on in, they don't bite! Well, most of them." She chuckled, hearing Sour Patch call out in the background. "Hey!" With that she entered her home, flinging the door open and hopping in to see her friends sitting in the living room. Sour Patch sat on the couch, holding her usual joint, while the boys were rough housing and beating on each other on the floor, the usual. Of course, Kilo won every little wrestling match they had, while Lift would usually just give up then end up stealing Kilo's dog tags, repeating the rough housing over again. Winsley ran over to the boys, yanking Kilo off of Lift while laughing the whole time, though when she spoke it was in a whisper. For now the two love birds hadn't come in to the house yet, so she used this time to talk. "C'mon, pretend to be good for like 2 seconds. Don't wanna scare her off just yet."

With that she grabbed them both by the hair and knocked their heads together. They simply chuckled, but still stopped fighting, though that didn't stop them from dragging Winsley down. Lift tugged her down and pinned her arm behind her, chuckling. "Say Uncle, Brit." Even against pressure, she only held there with a smirk, even if it hurt like hell. Eventually though Lift tightened his grip and she gave up. "Okay okay. Smelly ass creep uncle." Lift let go, but since he had started the rough housing with her, she couldn't help herself. Guest or no guest, she wanted to get him back. She turned around and grabbed Lift by the collar, yanking him forward to pull him in to a noogie. He hated his bun being messed with, but not as badly as Winsley would have. Her grip tightened when he tried to fight free, though he merely leaned back and knocked the wind out of her.

They both laughed and laid on the floor, while Sour Patch had been sitting on the couch casually watching them as if they were children in preschool, though eventually held a smile. Kilo had been sitting on the floor, leaning against the couch and shaking his head, knowing that neither of them would win a fight. He smiled in his own way, which was more of a half smirk with a serious look set in his eyes. He wasn't a talker and didn't do as many crazy things or eat as much as the others, since he strictly stuck himself to a diet. Half the time he was at the gym, and the other half probably running, sleeping, going to work at the car wash, and going to school for at least half the day before bailing out.

@McMajestic

Sage nodded once, looking down at Korren for a moment. Part of him was scared for what was about to happen. He didn't want her to see his friends, mostly for fear of how obnoxious they could be. He thought about going into more detail about his warning, describing all their filthy little habits, but finally let the thought go, leading Korren to the door and pausing for a moment. He felt something odd building up inside of him with her next to him, with a whole different life of people through that door. He couldn't quite explain it, but it felt like something gnawing at his stomach- Oh fuck. He was nervous. For the first time since his sister got her results, his stomach was tied in knots and a slight sweat was breaking out on his forehead. Korren Csholm, the pretty popular girl who had once been dating the richest guy in town, was about to walk into a trash heap compiled of broke druggies who had nothing but their criminal records going for them. What if she stepped inside, looked around, and decided she was too good for them? Then good riddance, right? Only it wasn't that easy. Sage would love to pretend he didn't care but it was too late at this point. He had thrown out the first card in his hand, and so by now she'd already have a good idea of him liking her. He had to go through with this, with everything, with his promises. "Harvard," he began, but then his words fell flat and he stayed quiet. What was he supposed to say? I like so please like me even after I snort cocaine. The real world was cruel, and he was sure Korren would hate him after tonight, but it was better that way, he supposed. Girls like Korren didn't belong with guys like Sage.

He finally opened the door, watching Winsley and Lift play around while Kilo and Sour Patch watched idly. Sage smiled at his friends, even though he felt absolute despair since Winsley was already starting off on a rocky side. "Hey guys, this is Korren. Korren, manbun over there is Lift, the fit guy- I'm his personal trainer- is Kilo, and the chick on the sofa is Sour Patch. My concubine," he explained jokingly, walking over to the couch and plopping down on it, wrapping his arm around Sour Patch's shoulders for a moment. "Beautiful wife number two do you have my fix for today?" he cooed sarcastically, his finger tapping against her nose cutely. @FlameintheRoses

Korren followed after him inside, taking notice to the long pause before doing so at the door. She didn't really understand what he could have possibly been nervous about, since he seemed to be the most confident guy in school. After all, he stood up for her against Bucky, something no one would ever do, especially when Korren broke up with him, or attempted to it seems. 

The two were greeted with laughter and rough housing, which made Korren smile. By the mention of Korren's presence, everyone's eyes were on her. Lift and Kilo nodded their heads in her direction, while Sour Patch rose a brow. When they were told Sage was having a shy little guest, they didn't expect it to be Korren. The guys merely were fixed to seeing the girl. while Sour Patch seemed not amused in the least bit. There was clear envy towards Korren by her sheer status and economical success in the world. No words were said, and she glanced over to Sage when he sat next to her. "In the kitchen." She blew smoke into his face and smirked, showing slight amusement towards Sage though not to Korren. 

While Sage and Sour interacted, Lift stood up and walked over to Korren, extending his hand for her to shake. She took it gingerly and looked up at him with a shy smile. He was intimidating in his own sense, mainly because of his reputation as explained by Sage to be a thief. Once he was done with that, he moved back over to Winsley and placed his arm on her shoulder.

Kilo stood up and sauntered over, looking her over with his hands stuffed in his pockets. "Pleasure meetin' you." He nodded his head with a slight smirk clothing his lips before walking back over to his original spot on the floor. 

There was brief silence, though it was only brief. Korren crossed over and sat down on the far end of the couch, though eyes still seemed to follow her. They weren't trying to be rude, but they've just never had one of the popular kids (with the exception of Rose) over at one of their houses before.

Before long though Winsley and Lift were chatting up a storm over tactics to run from the police, all in good fun, leaving the rest to talk. Kilo of course would not be breaking the ice anytime soon, so Sour Patch decided she would be the first. "So, what's a girl like you coming here?" 

It was a strange word, sounding a bit judgmental, but it's what everyone was thinking without a doubt. 

"Ah, well, I just thought perhaps I could try speaking to some other people." She spoke with a smile, but still Sour rose a brow. A prep not enjoying prep company? That was interesting, especially when preps had all the money in the world so they could do anything they wanted. Sour Patch sat up, crossing her legs in a more sophisticated and thoughtful position. "Well, welcome to the sewer, where us rats are rather comfortable." She joked, scoffing at her own words. Korren didn't know how to respond to this, so she just smiled. 

@McMajestic

Sage felt the hostility fluttering over Sour Patch. He didn't know why she seemed to have a bit of an attitude towards Korren but it unsettled him. Rose came over all the time and she just as popular as Bucky back before she had to stop going to school. No one had a problem with her, so what was wrong with Korren. Sage moved a bit closer to her, wrapping his arm around her shoulders, more so to comfort himself than Korren. "Harvard over here was getting a beating from Bitchy so I fucked him up a bit and showed her the good life of poor druggies," he explained, deciding they needed to know what was really going on. Korren wasn't just a tag along, she was someone Sage felt obligated to protect. Probably because he could actually protect Korren. She didn't have her own cells eating her from the inside out. She didn't have an incurable disease. She was just facing her demons and Sage could certainly help with that. He felt useful after punching Bucky and so Korren made him feel useful- like he was making a difference.

"Lift, no theft. You still from my girl and I'll beat your ass since Winsley obviously can't," he added jokingly. He had seen Lift go in for a handshake- which was a classic way to get bracelets or distract and go for something else. He got to his feet, patting Korren's head as if she was a cute puppy, before walking over to the kitchen. "Patch, come on, love, can't find the smack all by myself, can I?" he asked, although in reality he just wanted a moment alone with his friend, just to make sure she was okay with Korren being in their presence. His friends- the ones that had been with him through hell and back- always came first, and if Sour Patch had a problem with it he'd take Korren home a bit early and make up a much better excuse than 'my friends don't like you'. Of course, if Patch didn't approve then there was no way he could date her, which again only added to his previous thoughts. Of course he couldn't date her, what was he thinking? He needed to stop humoring the idea of it. @FlameintheRoses

Korren smiled at him, leaning slightly against him again when he wrapped his arm around her, her shield to any hate or crap in the world. To confirm his statement, she shrugged, brushing some hair out of her face, though was subconscious as to where she was hurt.Clumps of hair clothed her neck, and she tried her best to keep it that way. When her head was pat, she stuck her tongue out, though giggled still. Her eyes followed him as he walked off, gazing in his direction for a moment before looking away, watching Lift and Winsley, while Kilo took his place in Sour's spot on the couch, leaning back into the cushion. He didn't sit close to Korren as to make sure he didn't rub off the wrong idea towards her. With Korren there he didn't mind her presence, but steered clear of being physically close. Even if he wasn't one for relationships, it was never okay to mess with Sage's obviously claimed girl, though another part of him was anxious to be around the prep. Even if she may have been a sweet girl, preps always screwed over street rats no matter who the rat was, which was why they all stuck together in groups. As soon as someone is ever set apart from their group, they'd pay the price for it. There were a couple main rules of being a street rat that were common sense:

1. Always stick together.

2. Fend for your friends before yourself, else you'll be counted as a traitor.

3. Share what you have with those you love.

At the mention of Bucky beating on Korren, Sour Patch immediately began to reel back her reigns on Korren. An abusive relationship was the last thing she could ever wish upon anyone, and so she'd let up on this girl. Usually she didn't care to notice things that went on around her, nor was she there half the time to see it. "Hangin' with the crew's what we value over mula, though greens is nice to have." This was a lesson to Korren, and she better have been listening because Sour wouldn't repeat it again. She leaned back in to the couch until Sage called for her "help" in the kitchen, though she took her time walking over. Both hands were placed over her hips as she stood in the kitchen, eyeing Sage. There was less of a blank expression on her face, as it turned into a small smirk. "Baby child need Patch to hold 'is hand, eh?" She knew he didn't need any help, she was just playing along though.

Lift left Korren alone with a smirk after Sage made the little comment, shrugging to himself in denial of his obvious little tactics. There was clear sarcasm in his voice. "Me? Steal? Noo waayyyyy! I'm a good boy." Just after that, Winsley pet his head, scratching his neck all the while. To play along, he panted like a dog and tapped his foot against the floor until she stopped scratching, chuckling all the while. "Ay, I may be a dog, but I ain't no bitch." In saying this he looked Winsley in the eye, raising his brows for the taunt. She laughed and punched him in the side, but didn't disagree with him but in fact went along with it. "I'm Queen fuckin' B to you, mate." From there she played with his hair again, deciding to buy some time before they started any games. It was clear that Sour was unsettled by Korren's presence, as any street rat would be if they had an unknown prep waltz up into their life unexpectedly. In order to keep that upbeat mood she was hoping for, she kept on messing with Lift, glancing up at Korren every now and then with a wide grin on her face. She would have invited her to rough house, though she wasn't sure if she would be okay with that, or really know the politics behind competition. Also when it came to rough housing, the guys only let up when you said what they told you to say or if you won against them. Everything was competition to them, though in the end if someone walked away unhappy, than no one deserved to win. For instance, if you were to challenge someone for a race or to do something better than the other person, both have to walk away content with the situation. If one or both people are discontent, they have to do something to make up for it, whatever that may be.

@McMajestic

@McMajestic

Sage chuckled weakly at her jab, grabbing for the little packet in the kitchen and pouring it on the counter, setting it up with a knife as he thought about how to say this to Patch. "I know she's a prep, and they're all a fuckin' ratrap, but I don't think Korren is. She's different, you know? I can feel it. You gonna be okay with her around?" He looked up at Sour Patch, momentarily leaving the coke alone as his palms rested on the counter, his fingers tapping methodically to a beat he had in his head, something he had been wanting to mix together for awhile now, but hadn't had the money for the time to do it. "Because I know how uncomfortable preps can make us, and I don't want anyone feeling like I'm choosing the other side or any of that other dramatic shit." Sage leaned and pressed his finger against his nose. "Jesus Christ, though, I can't have this conversation with this much coke in front of me." He sniffed obnoxiously, taking some in, and sighing with relief as he wiped the excess powder off his nose. The high didn't take very long and it always hit him like a tidal wave. He couldn't wait. He needed something to take the edge of this situation and the rest of his life. Although it was probably a bad idea, Sage finished off what was left of the packet, knowing he'd regret it but not caring much.

He looked back up at Patch, hoping she'd approve, hoping she'd be okay with everything. He knew he didn't have an honest chance with Korren but if he could at least have today that'd be good enough for him. At the same time he didn't want to seem too desperate to have a prep in his life so he tried not to stare so wistfully towards Sour Patch, though he was sure she could see it- how bad he wanted Korren around. He hoped Patch wouldn't take it the wrong way. @FlameintheRoses 

Sour Patch took a seat at the kitchen table, turning her chair so that her arms leaned against the back of the seat while facing Sage. She nodded her head as he spoke, taking a hit in the middle of him speaking, blowing out the smoke with a sigh. Slightly she chuckled at him, waiting for him to finish the packet. "I get ya', I get ya'." Sour stood up, crossing over to lean against the counter next to him. Her voice was low, since this was only between her and him. The rest of the crew knew how she was feeling, but knew that Sage could handle her moody personality better than anyone. "I'll be a'ight, but if she turns on us, she's out." She made a slicing motion across her neck, emphasizing her point. Sage needed to find new people to hang with, she understand this, but she didn't take being around preps lightly. If Korren shows that she could be trusted, she would open up to her, but not until then. For now she would act quieter, colder, though she'd still have fun with her friends. There would be no single person that would stop her from being who she was, so she wouldn't change for this girl. "Be yourself, man. If she can't handle it, she ain't worth your time." She pat him on the back and walked back into the living room, coming back to see the others still messing around, and Korren was still in the same spot, though she was talking to Lift. 

When Sage and Sour walked out of the room, the rough housing had been dying down. There was silence for a moment, before Lift scooted Kilo off of the couch. Winsley immediately claimed Kilo to be around and started talking to him and messing around. Litch sat down and leaned back into the couch, facing towards Korren. He smiled and chuckled to himself. For once, Sage brought home a sweet, shy little girl. She wasn't like any of them, which was interesting to him. It was too bad that she was there, though, because any innocence she may have had would definitely be thrown out the window. He decided to talk with her like she were any other friend, ignoring the fact that she was this smart little rich girl. "So, Korren, KorKor, Korster. The Korre. What's up witchu girl?" Lift had a goofy smile to him. He leaned back in his seat, laying one arm over the back of the couch and the other on his stomach. All the while his legs were pulled up on to the couch. He tapped his boot once against her arm, trying to be careful when doing so. If they were a friend to Sage, they had to be a friend to him, or at least get to know him and vice versa.

Korren looked up at Lift with a soft smile, glancing down at her arm when it was tapped with his boot. For a moment she chuckled to what he said, and began to answer back. All she really needed was that push to be social, and she could definitely grow accustom to others and be rather friendly. "Oh uh, not much. I did have a rather eventful day." 

This made Lift raise his brow, and lean up in interest. "Hm? What was so interesting, other than that brave lil' move ya did with Bitchy, brushin' that ass off like you did." He winked at her. 

She paused for a moment, blushing slightly. Everyone heard about their break up and fight this morning? Word went around fast, didn't it? "Well, I skipped school today. That was... adventurous. I'm glad I did, though, truly... Uhm... how did you.. know about that..?" Just by this statement, Lift reached across and bumped her arm lightly with a fist, being encouraging towards her. "Word spreads, doll. Hate to say that, but here's some good news. Rats like us, we heard what you did and I'll admit, we were surprised. Girl like you breakin' it with Bitchy, that was gutsy." He meant well by what he said, though it probably rubbed off the wrong way. "But skippin' out? My, my, good apple turnin' sour, eh?" Lift laughed, patting her back when doing so. She blushed, shrugging a little bit. It wasn't true that she necessarily liked being out of school, but it was refreshing for her to relax for once. Just by this thought though she knew that as soon as she got home she would have to work twice as hard. It was a bit of a compliment to her hearing about what they thought of her, knowing that at least some of them were rooting for her without really being there for her. After all, she was a popular girl, one who floated above any type of torment of other students, at least until Bucky beat her, and until now. She turned her head to look at Winsley for a moment to, in a way, gain her approval. At that point though Winsley was on the ground, huffing and laughing as Kilo was casually sitting on her back, crossing his arms and pretending to yawn. 

Korren shrugged to herself, looking back to Lift with a stoic expression. "I suppose."

@McMajestic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back