• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern DotC High

Winnie found herself melting into Kilo's comfort. His gentle kisses and the way he held her tighter made her fears slowly start to dissipate until he began to speak of all the alternatives. Although the amusing expressions he made caused her to momentarily forget. She giggled, kissing the tip of his nose and resting her forehead against hers, that soft shake that came with quiet laughter falling over her. Although she slowly say back, her smile fading by the moment as his words sunk in until all at once it was gone.

She thought of her video game class which was only third period. It was also her only class with Bucky. She looked towards the shelf full of games, glancing at the three or four of them that were actually hers, and sniffed quietly, staying quiet for a long moment to hold back her tears. "I don't want to see them. Any of them." There was a short pause, something that meant she had more to say but couldn't quite know how to say it. "But... I... I like my video game design class and I like my schedule and I don't want it all messed up because of some stupid boys." She sighed, thinking of Bucky's cheshire grin- the one that haunted her.

"I wish he would have done it. I wish he would have fucked me like the rest of them. But he didn't. He just watched and I was so drugged I could barely comprehend the rape or feel it anyways, but I saw his smile. I really saw it." She shivered slightly, burrowing into Kilo a bit more.
---
When they were finished in the bathroom, Jay led Winsley back out to their booth, smiling at Celeste who grinned back. She stood up and moved to hug Winsley. She knew the older girl needed it. Celeste actually was getting to know this friend of Jay's, and she liked her quite a bit already. "You're braid's a little messy," she said, reaching up on her tiptoes and slowly tucking a loose strand behind Winsley's ear. She did it slowly, giving her brother's friend plenty of time to understand what was going on, before moving to sit down. "So, do you know what you want, Elle?" Jay asked, moving to slide into the booth and grabbing Winsley's hand to pull her next to him. His arm would wrap around her shoulders and keep her close. He liked Winsley close. Celeste would only giggle. She'd never seen her brother be so affectionate before. It was cute, and she was glad he had found someone he wanted to show affection towards.

Kilo smiled as she giggled, loving to hear that beautiful laugh. It almost made him forget all the hurt that she was experiencing, until it was brought up to be discussed again. His brow furrowed as she denied wanting to switch her schedule around. It would be for the best if they did it, yet she didn't want to. Then she said something that quite surprised him. How on earth could she wish such a thing upon herself? It was understandable to a point, though no one should wish such a thing upon themselves.

He fell silent, holding on to her. Just for comfort he pulled her into a hug, moving his head to lean on her shoulder. He didn't know how to answer after what she said. How could he? It was a tough topic to even hint on. There was no way he could have flat out said what he was feeling, otherwise he would most likely regret it. "Winnie..." he started, though was hesitant to continue. After a moment his voice piped back up, sounding quiet and soothing, though he didn't know how to continue such a topic. "I love you, you know that?" There was a pause, seeming drawn out with the situation. "And whenever you think of things... things like what happened... just remember that I'm here, I've got you." He turned his head to kiss her cheek, all while holding on to her.

Over time, the oven timer sounded off with a beeping noise. Kilo looked to the kitchen and sighed. The movie wasn't over, though that was to be expected. He shifted Winnie so he held her in his arms, taking his time to stand up. Kilo smiled at her, hoping that they could spend that time relaxing, enjoying their time with finishing the cake. From there he walked over to the kitchen with her in his arms, setting her down so they could finish the cake. He pulled out the strawberries so they could put them on the cake, and started spreading the icing. When he was working on the cake, a sort of focus settled over him. Cooking was something he was best at doing, and was an activity that he lost himself in. With Winnie by his side though, he had partial focus on both the activity and the lovely girl near him.
---

Winsley smiled as they exited the bathroom, adjusting her shirt before they could reach the table. As they reached it she was created with a hug from Celeste. This calmed her completely down, settling a sort of peace she rarely ever experienced. She allowed Celeste to fix her hair, chuckling as she bent down to make sure her hair could be fixed. Again she had beautifully braided hair, something she had always wanted. In a way it made her feel like a Disney princess like Jasmine.
Finally they sat down again, with Winsley leaning against Jay all the while. At that moment she felt welcomed, special even. Who knew that a lunch date would be so rewarding in her life.

They chatted, they laughed, and ate together. Every bit of it was refreshing and fun. Winsley got to know Celeste, and Celeste got to know Winsley. It almost felt like a big family meeting. Finally, they had to return to their schools. Once they were back, Winsley rushed off to her art class, the only class that was important to her. Surely she was late, though she still got some work done.

The bell rang, ending her class. Slowly she trudged in the hallway with earbuds put in to drown out the student body of noisy teenagers. Her mood was brought down to her usual frustration in school, though amidst the crowd she noticed the familiar black hair and white highlights. Immediately she smiled and began to follow him, unbeknownst to him. She would have called out to him, but she knew that would have been futile. Her small frame was hidden in the crowd, though the one way she could track him down was by following the black and white hair above the crowd. She managed to push past a few couples making out in the middle of the hallway, aggravating them and random civilians. People dare not touch her or go anywhere near her hair, since they knew of the consequences.

After a few minutes she followed him and noticed him heading to the locker room, and quickly conjured up an idea. Once he was in, she would wait a minute before surprising him. Such an idea made her smirk deviously, unable to withstand patience in such a situation.

Winnie nodded as he reminded her of his love before the timer went off. She let him carry her in his arms, leaning into him as he carried her off to the kitchen. When they got there and he set her down, she watched as he pulled the cake out to ice it. A sudden shame fell over her as she watched him focus so hard on the icing. She was ruining their time together. She was taking all her bad thoughts on projecting them onto him. How horrible of her to do such a thing, to tell him she would have rather been raped. What did he think of her now? What did she think of herself? She sighed, shaking her head slightly. She couldn't live in this pit of despair- especially not if she wanted Kilo to stick around. She'd have to suck it up, to forget her pain, to remember his love.

Winnie stood up as she thought this, walking over to the bowl of icing and looking into it before turning to Kilo, watching him concentrate. A small smile crept onto her face as an idea came to mind and without much hesitation she slid two fingers into the bowl, getting a glob of icing on her fingers before smearing it across his cheek, giggling obnoxiously as she began to lick it off her fingers. "You gotta a little something on you," she cooed, unable to hold back her joy at such a simple little thing.
-
Jay strutted into the locker room, noticing most of the football team was already inside and changing for practice. He walked over towards his locker, just two down from Bucky, and opened it up, peeling off his shirt just in time to feel arms wrap around his stomach. Lana. One of the three girls in this school that had the guts to go into the boys' locker room. The other two were Chloe and her best friend, though Jay had never bothered to learn that girl's name. "Lana, I have to get dressed," he said quietly, pushing her arms away. The Sophomore moved to lean against the lockers, a pout to her lip. "Oh Jay come on, let's have a little fun. Bucky and Chloe always have time," she whined, and Jay rolled his eyes. "No, Darling, they don't. Bucky's always late and you will be too." He moved to unbuckle his belt, but her hands grabbed hold of his wrist, stopping him.

"Jay, you promised me you wouldn't leave me hanging." He sighed, glancing towards where Bucky and Chloe were coming back from. The showers. How ironic. "If I have to hear Donna's bitchy voice again I'll sick Chloe on her so you might as well give her what she wants," Bucky said, glaring at Lana. "Her name is Lana, Buckeroo, and her voice isn't Bitchy. You're getting her mistaken with your own slut," Jay growled. He was defensive but he couldn't help it. Lana hadn't made the dance team so she had been in a bad mood all week. It didn't help that Bucky always bitched her out. Especially since Lana was one of the good ones- albeit a little rebellious, but good all the same.

"Hey watch it, Jay, I'll have you know I only pick out the finest." Bucky moved to his locker, starting to change into his uniform. Jay followed suit, ignoring Lana's puppy dog eyes. "Right. I almost forget. Korren was real fine, wasn't she? What was your favorite part, how much she didn't want to be around you, or how much she cried when you even looked at her wrong?" He hadn't meant to insult Korren, just throw a few jabs at Bucky. His so-called friend didn't take the banter all that well. He glared at Jay, walking over to him and shoving him hard. "You're lucky we have a game Saturday or I'd fuck you up, Blaire." Jay snorted and grabbed his shoulder pads out of his locker, shrugging. "Yeah, whatever." He turned his attention back to Lana. "Why don't we go out this weekend? I promise I'll actually take you somewhere fun this time," he offered, and Lana smiled and nodded, her short, red locks flying back and forth in their high pony tail. He grinned and kissed her cheek, glad he was at least making her happy.

Kilo turned to her after the fact that she smeared icing on his face, smiling all the way. During his concentration a tired look slowly started to settle, though quickly dissipated. "Oh yea?" He looked her in the eye, dipped a finger into the icing, and smeared it across her cheek. "Oh, oops. Look at the mess you made. Goodness, Winnie. What am I gonna do with you?" He bent down to wrap his arms around her before picking her up, holding her tightly as he spun once. Quickly he set her down, wiping the rest of the icing on his finger on his pants. It may have dirtied them, though he didn't care. Moments passed by where he simply looked at her, tenderly smiling down at her with such content. This was someone he dearly needed in his life.

Before he could say anything else, he heard his phone ring in his back pocket. Usually people didn't call him, so he had to take it. He pulled the phone out and looked down at it to see his mother's number. Immediately his face turned to be distraught. Why was she calling. He held up a finger, mouthed 'sorry' and held the phone up to his ear. "Hello? Mama?"

"Young man where have you been? I checked your work, you weren't there! Have you made any money this week? We need groceries! We need to feed Chica! Tyler Diaz, you know better!" The older woman spoke a mile a minute in her native tongue: Spanish. English was difficult enough for her to attempt speaking, though she did manage to understand it fairly well. Besides, her accent had been too thick for anyone around there to easily understand.

Kilo listened carefully, a tired expression falling over his face. He slowly moved to sit at the table, placing his knuckles against the hardwood. "Mama, I know, I know. I'll do what I can. I'll work twice as hard next week..." Before he knew it he remembered that he wasn't speaking in complete private, and continued the conversation on in Spanish. "I'm sorry, Mama. I've been taking care of a dear friend. Her father offered me money, perhaps we can use that for food and gas... Oh you must have found work somewhere? Maybe a Mexican restaurant... I know, Mama. I know. They don't know the full cultu- I'm sorry. Look, we'll discuss this later, okay? I love you. Goodbye, mother." And there he hung up. He sighed, stuffing his phone back into his pocket. Finally he turned back to Winnie with an apologetic expression. "Lo siento-" Quickly he caught himself, assuming that she must not have known what he said. He cleared his throat, and repeated himself in English. "I apologize for that, just a uhm... misunderstanding is all." Kilo lent a tired smile, standing up so they could return to having genuine fun, even though in the back of his mind he was thinking of home expenses and being able to afford dinner that week.
---
Winsley was giddy, waiting a minute before finally moving the door open slowly. It made a quite creak, one that was unheard to the group. There was chatter inside, though she figured it was from different people, not associated with Jay. Slowly she crept around the corner with a grin on her face, about to appear in front of the group. And just like that she moved in to the open, jumping out for all to see. "Boo, bitch!" She was just about to hug him, though just before she could move in further, her eyes trailed around to all the people that surrounded him. Immediately she regret her decision. She saw him leaning near the red headed girl, as if they had just kissed. Even if they hadn't she was furious at how he was looking at that girl. On another note, she was angry and horribly confused by the display in front of him. Perhaps she had missed all the warning signs from Patch and Sage, but now it was far to late. She took a step back, glaring angrily at the whole of them. "What the f... Blue, what the shit?" Winsley turned to Jay, giving him a death glare. Part of her was scared for her life, though she didn't know whether to run or stand her ground. She was frozen in disbelief in what she was seeing. Her fist clamped so tightly that it popped, with her knuckles as white as snow. It was fight or flight, and clearly flight was not the favored option.

Winnie smiled up at Kilo, lost in their moment of joy. She was happy in that moment, truly happy. Nothing was on her mind but the icing on his cheek and the icing on hers, and how if she reached up on her tiptoes she could lick it off and they could laugh and play until it was time for bed. But then his phone rang, and as he answered her plans were ruined. She attempted not to show any signs of hurt. Kilo had a life outside of her and he couldn't just drop everything to be with her all the time and so of course a phone call was expected.

What Winnie wasn't expecting was the muffled spanish yelling over the line. Kilo tried to reassure his mother, it seemed, mentioned something about working twice as hard next week. It was then Winnie realized he hadn't taken a shift at the car wash since her incident. No shifts meant no money. Winnie thought about Kilo's house. Small. Somewhere in the poor district. He's the reason they have food on the table. The realization hit her hard. I've been keeping him away from that.

As Kilo finished up the call Winnie walked over to the fridge, opening the freezer and digging down into the ice maker before pulling out a bag of cash. It was an emergency fund that her and Bronze knew about. They hadn't touched it in years and she doubted they ever would. She quietly counted out five thousand dollars, all in big bills, before re-sealing the bag and putting it back. Then she turned to Kilo. "If you don't take this money I will break up with you," she said simply, not wanting to fight with him. "It's a thank you, and if you really want to pull some sort of pride card on me you can pay it back over time. I don't care. I just don't want you to have to work twice as hard. You're already doing that dealing with me," she said gently, holding the money out for him to take.
---
The locker room went quiet as Winsley pounced through the door. Jay turned, his eyes looking over her. Shock followed by fear fell over him and he started for her, but stopped short at the sound of Bucky's snicker. "Oh look, a rat," he purred, his voice smooth as silk. "Blue? Who's Blue, I wonder." Bucky looked around the locker room, as if daring someone to own up. Nobody did. Not even Jay. He only peered around as well, looking for this 'Blue" that Winsley had spoke of.

"Um, Buckeroo, she obviously has the wrong locker room. Baseball's down the hall, rat, why don't you go try that one?" he growled, his voice an urgent warning for her to turn around and run. Even if Winsley had wanted to, though, Chloe was leaning against the exit by then. "Oh no, let her stay. Think we can have some fun with her, Bucky?" Chloe asked, and Bucky smirked and nodded. "Well, I do love having fun," he snickered, walking up to Winsley. A few other guys chuckled and walked up to her too. Jay hung back, and Lana moved next to him, her hand entangling in his. "Jay, you put your jersey on and let's leave her to the rest of the pack," she suggested, her words light and holding the same type of insult everyone else's had. Only Lana wasn't near as lethal as the rest. And if truth be told she wanted to get out of there before anything bad happened. "Lana, you go down to the bleachers, alright, Babe? I better stay," Jay whispered, and Lana looked up at him with those puppy dog eyes before scurrying off out of the locker room. He then walked up to the rest of the guys, that were shoving Winsley around. The poor girl was no match for five or six football players.

"This Bitch's hair is too damn long. It keeps getting caught on my class ring," one guy growled, and Chloe smirked, pulling a knife out of nowhere it seemed. "I think I can fix that," she cheered brightly. "No!" Jay yelled out of pure instinct. The room froze, everyone looked at him. He stuttered. "I mean uh... uh I-"

"Jay, you got something you want to tell us? Is this your rat?" Bucky asked, a smirk on his face. Something told Jay that Bucky already knew, that somehow he had found out Jay liked Winsley, and so he intended to put him on the spot like he was just then. "Are you fucking this disgusting excuse for a person?" Bucky clamped his hand around Winsley's neck, shoving her back against the wall so suddenly Jay could only stare in disgusted awe. "No but- man, fuck off! What are you trying to do, kill her?" Jay pushed Bucky's hands away from Winsley, glancing up at him with shame in his eyes. Bucky looked a bit astonished by the sudden defense. "Funny, you can rape girls but choking is where you draw the-"

"Shut up!" Jay hissed. "I'm not a bad guy and I have nothing to do with this rat either." Bucky rose an eyebrow. "Oh yeah? Prove it." For a long time they only stood there and stared each other down. "How?" Jay finally asked. "Give him the knife, Chloe. I was Jay to give her the hack job." Chloe didn't even hesitate. All at once the knife was in Jay's hand and Winsley had been roughy turned so her back faced him. "If you don't like this little whore then it shouldn't bother you, should it?" Bucky mocked. He definitely knew. He had to. But the rest of them didn't. Jay gulped, taking a strand of Winsley's green locks in his hand, staring at them. He thought of how he had ran his fingers through this hair just last night, how she had snapped at him. He thought about all the anxiety issues she talked about and knew in that moment he was only aggravating them all. "Man, you know how girls are with their hair-"

"Do it or I'll make sure coach benches you next game," Bucky snarled, and Jay looked back to Winsley. He bit his lip, unsure of what to do. He'd never even thought twice about putting a girl before football. Not until now. His hesitation was slow, but soon he took a strand of her green hair and readied the blade, pausing again for a moment before making the first cut. It was enough for Bucky though, because all at once he was shoved out of the way and he felt the knife's blade slice his arm. "Fucing bitch. What are you so afraid of? She's just a weak little rat. Cut more," Bucky growled, before grabbing a handful of her green locks and yanking them back before slicing a large chunk away. Everyone laughed, and Bucky continued to hack the green hair away. The laughter drowned out all of Jay's pain, and all that was left was a numb feeling as he watched then torture the one girl he had introduced to Celeste, refusing to defend her, to even acknowledge that he knew her. And he was sure after all this was over, she'd wish she didn't know him either.

Kilo looked up at her in shock by the surprise of money and sudden mood change. He just glanced between the cash and her expression on her face. Indeed it astonished him the offer of money she was giving him. It seemed there was no choice other than to take it, though he still couldn't help but have a questioning expression on his face, as if to ask why. Only he knew why already. Her words engrained into his mind, sinking in as the seconds passed. He nodded slowly and took the cash, though quickly wrapped his arms around her. Never in his life had he seen such amount of money before. It baffled him how much was put before him. He hung his head over hers, rocking back in forth during the embrace. "Thank you very much, Winnie. I'll pay you back however I can." Still after he accepted the money though, he couldn't help but feel horrible about it. He couldn't provide for her, and now it was clear as day. Why else would she hand him such an amount of money. "I don't want any more from you, okay? I've gotta learn my fair share of responsibility, besides, taking your money isn't something I should do." He kissed her forehead and continued to slowly rock, holding on to her dearly. His emotions were confused and jumbled. Part of him filled with regret for receiving such a large gift, while another part of him was majorly thankful. There was no way he could pay her back in the same way, though surely he would try.
---

Winsley looked at Jay with such shock. How could he? He denied he even knew her. He had the audacity to ignore the fact that they knew each other. Soon she turned to leave, since clearly she was not welcome here. Her nerves left her heart to pound in her chest. Before she could exit the door, she spotted Chloe blocking it. "You little whore..." If not for Bucky approaching her she would have already pounced on Chloe, though she was stopped. Him and his whole team circled her, all except Jay, who hung back with his little pet, a prissy younger girl. She attempted to swing a punch at Bucky, though it was averted. The group shoved her, hit her, and above all disoriented her. She growled as they continued to push her, one's ring getting tangled on her hair and yanked her to the side. Not once did she plan on crying or yelping in pain, and not yet had she done such things. At one point she was shoved once more over against one of the guys. The sound of a knife caught her attention from the hair comment, and she began scrambling to compose herself. Her breathing was labored and rough, though she managed to hold herself together. The guy that last held on her arms to hold her back let go of her squirming form, and she quickly fell down.

Two guys brought her to her feet, holding her back while Bucky and Jay spoke. She glared at the two, struggling to compose herself from the constant physical abuse. For the moment her struggling slowed, as she wanted to hear what Jay had to say. It all hit her to the core, jabbing her in the heart. The one guy she attempted to care for had betrayed her to protect himself. Winsley whispered in defense after Bucky asked the first question."I'm not his-" All the sudden the other guys let go, and her back slammed against the wall. Her throats was tight and could not receive any oxygen, causing her to choke. She weakly grabbed his hands in attempt to pry them off, yet to no avail. They consumed her neck, not moving until they were pushed away. She gasped for air, using the wall as support. Her vision blurred, noticing blotchy stars in view that popped up erratically. Everything spun. She couldn't think or breath. What was going on now? Surely she was down for the count. Everything seemed to slow down, though she still heard their voices. Completely she had forgotten about the knife. It was only when she was spun around that she realized what was going on. "No, fuck no, fuck.." Winsley mumbled defiantly against the cold concrete wall. A strand of her hair was grabbed. She writhed and wiggled, struggling to move away. Her perfect little braid was a rat's nest at that point, tangled in certain places and falling apart. She yelled curses at the top of her lungs to replace the fact that she was on the brink of tears. Her vision was clouded, though she still caught. "Fuck you!" She repeated, and over time it sounded more broken than before. The first cut was made, which caused her to loose some of her fight. Bucky's voice ehoed in the her head just before her hair and head was yanked back. She yelped in pain, squirming to get away. Her hair was being chopped off. It was all too much. Just like Sage, her favorite possession was being stripped away from her all because of the pompous brats that ran the school. The more he chopped off, the more aggravated she got. She couldn't take it anymore. Jay wouldn't help her, and she knew that. When the time was right and her strength was mostly regained, she used the time when he was distracted to take her chance. In swift movements she squirmed out of being pinned and immediately swung. As she moved the knife scraped from her cheek to her jaw, far to close for comfort to her neck. The swing smacked Bucky in the head, managing to at least stop him from cutting her hair. Finally she had taken action, though it was surely too late.

Last edited:
"It's fine, Tyler," she said, hugging him tight. "If we're going to be together then sometimes we gotta share money. I know this is kind of sad for you to hear but that's pocket change to me, Darling." She kissed him gently. "I want to help because you've helped me so much. This is me repaying you, and the only reason I'm letting you pay me back at all is because I know you wouldn't take it any other way." She gave him another light kiss, resting the tip of her nose against his. "I love you, Tyler," she whispered, slowly reaching over to the icing and dipping her fingers in it again before quickly swiping it over his forehead, giggling as she jumped back. "Now play with me so we can forget all the dumb serious stuff," she insisted, grabbing his hands in her own sticky ones and pulling him out onto the more empty spaces of the kitchen, moving his hand up to spend herself around. The movement hurt a bit, but she tried not to let it bother her, only smiling at Kilo, trying to make the moment lighter for the both of them, to make up for all her sadness and stupid thoughts.
-
Bucky stumbled back slightly from the hit, a bit shocked that the little rat had gained such momentum. He scowled as he realized the pain in his jaw, and almost dropped the knife. It took a moment for him to gain his composure, but once he had, he turned on Winsley and grabbed her short hair, yanking her head back and shoving the knife against her neck though he didn't cut quite yet. "You little bitch. You're at the bottom and you'll always be at the bottom. You're the fucking trash everyone walks on and you'll never get a happy ending. Especially not with that ugly scar on your face," he sneered, his finger tracing roughly over the cut, well aware of the pain he would cause by pressing against it so hard.

He finally moved the blade away from her neck, slow and steady, before stabbing it into her side so suddenly even Chloe shrieked. "Bucky! You can't kill her!" she cried out, although she was the only one who seemed to have any objections. Even Jay could only stand away, staring in terror as Bucky threw her to the ground. "Get her out of my sight. And clean up her fucking blood," he snarled, throwing the knife down and walking back towards his locker. Everything was still for a fraction of a moment, and then it all bustled into full speed.

Two people grabbed Winsley's arms to haul her up and it was then, as two others touched his girl, that Jay rushed into action. "Hey I got the perfect place to dump this bitch, hand her over," Jay said quickly, and despite how Bucky had mocked Jay earlier none of them hesitated in handing her over. No one liked touching the rats. Jay almost picked her up, but knew it might look too sympathetic, so instead he grabbed her arm and quickly yanked her out of the locker room and down the hall, rounding a corner before he finally let her go. "Wins, Babe, let me see where he got you," he said, breathing heavily. He didn't know why he was out of breath or why he was sweating. Maybe it was the fear. Yeah, that was it. That was the first time he had truly been terrified of losing someone, and he never wanted to go through that again.

Kilo couldn't help but smile as she held on to him, listening to her talk. With the comment about her being rich he couldn't help but chuckle. It tickled his thoughts the fact that he was dirt poor compared to her. Such an idea felt wrong, though he understood that was just the way things were. He listened to her carefully, holding on to her and sharing gentle kisses and special moments in between. He put down the money on the table so they could share the moment without interruptions. The eyes that first captured him held on to him, keeping his gaze up until she placed icing on his face. He genuinely laughed, following her into the open area of the kitchen. "Alright, little birdy." And there he went along with spinning her. In turn he spun her, picked her up by the waist and continued to spin her around the room. Chuckling filled the room, something they both needed to hear. When he put her down, he wiped the icing off of his face and spread it across her forehead before lightly tickling her sides. "Messy little birdy." He spoke out, chuckling just a little more. It was good to get lost with each other, to have fun and mess around in the most innocent way imaginable. After all, Winnie deserved to have a good time since the tragedy she suffered through.
---
Winsley leaned her hand against the wall, chuckling darkly as Bucky reeled back from getting it. Such a hit was something she wanted to do for a long time, and now had been the time. She had been broken to the point of no return at that very moment. Not once did she think of the consequences, not until he turned back on her. Her laughter turned quickly into a pained yet whispered animal-like cry. Quickly she silenced herself as she felt the knife against her neck. She didn't dare smile in that moment or further antagonize him, since truly her life was on the line. Winsley sucked in a sharp breath as the gash across her cheek was scraped against. Before she could further say anything she bit her lip. Relief fell over her as he pulled the knife back, and just before she knew what was going on she felt a sharp pain in her side. Her jaw fell open, with her eyes wide her breath shook in fear. The moment was slow motion, and yet it was so quick. All too soon she was shoved to the ground, landing on the very side that she was stabbed. She let out a pained sound, quiet yet filled with anguish. No one did anything to stop him from inflicting such an injury, and even the very "friend" that betrayed her friends, including her, had spoken out against it. The only thing anyone did was what Bucky told them.

She clamped her hand on her side that was seeping blood, stinging in pain. Before long her arms were ripped away from her side and she was pulled up to stand, causing her to cry out. Jay quickly rushed over to take her off somewhere and ditch her like the rest, or at least that was what she figured. Why wouldn't he? It was what everyone wanted, after all. She yelped as she was yanked out of the locker room and in to the hallway. They stopped around the corner, with her leaning heavily against the wall. As soon as she could she clamped her hand over her side in hopes to stop the blood. Winsley looked up at Jay with a glare, mixed with pain and hatred. "Don't call me that, you piece of shit." Her words resembled a viper's bite, precisely meant for harming the other person. Blood began to stain her shirt, pouring down half of her face as well. It caked on her skin and made her feel like the trash that everyone thought she was. "Just toss me in the fucking dump. That'd make you and your asshole friends much happier, wouldn't it? To finally see a rat in its habitat: dead on a trash heap. You'd like that, I know you would." She then shoved him with her free hand, scooting away from him so he wouldn't touch her. Even though she didn't want their words to affect her, they did. They plunged into her heart like the knife that plunged into her side. She laughed coldly after speaking, though kept her gaze away from him. There was no point in associating herself with him any more, since clearly she meant nothing to him then.

"Winsley, Winsley just listen to me, just for a minute," he pleaded. He had stumbled back from the push but now he moved closer to her again, not wanting to give up. "Please, please hear me out. Wins, you don't know how hard it is." He was begging, something he never did. He dropped to his knees next to her, moving her hands out of the way. "Fuck, fucking hell, I can't believe he did this," Jay mumbled, glancing once at Winsley. "Let me help you- actually no, that's not an option. I'm going to help you," he growled, suddenly determined. Jay took the hem of Winsley's shirt and ripped it before she could argue, moving to wrap it around her waist, tying it tight around the wound. It wasn't fatal by any means, but it'd need a few stitches. Though after he had patched her up with her own shirt he sighed in relief, sitting back. The bleeding would stop for now at least.

"And now you're going to listen, because you're too weak to go anywhere on your own anyways." He took a short breath, running a hand through his hair in frustration. His white locks stained with a muddy red color- her blood. It was all over him. He was going to be sick. He couldn't be sick. Not yet. "I like you. I really do, but Bucky's lethal- he just stabbed you for fuck's sake! You think it's hard being in the outskirts, being the rat? Try being his sidekick." Jay ran his fingers through his hair again. More blood stained the white locks. The copper scent infiltrated his senses. "Fuck, Winsley, fuck, I know this sounds whiny and superficial and you've been stabbed and you're poor and you're life's a mess and I'm the rich kid so there can't be anything wrong with me but- but there is. There's so much fucking wrong. Winsley football is all I have. It's all I have." He was speaking so fast now, stumbling over his own words, trying to get it all out before she lost interest. he barely had time to breathe in between sentences. he wouldn't allow her any time to cut him off. She had to hear this. He had to make her understand.

"Bucky would take that away from me in an instant if he knew that I love you, Babe. If he knew I actually cared about you then it'd all be over. It's all I got. Wins, you gotta know that feeling. You gotta have something you'd do anything to keep close, right? That football is my something. You have to understand. I want you in my life, I really do, I like you and you're fiery attitude and all your band shirts, and the sex, and the Disney movie we watched, and even your friend that hates me- I like her too! But..." Jay took a shaky breath. "But Bucky can't know I like all those things. He'll take football away from me, and if I don't have that then I don't... I don't have anything. And I can't really explain why it's so important to me right now but I can later if you just come with me. Let me stitch you up. No hospitals, I promise, no bitchy doctors or expensive bills. And then we'll go to a hair salon and we'll get your hair all evened out, I promise. I promise, Winsley, God please, please, tell me you're listening, please tell me you'll come with me, that even if you don't forgive me now maybe someday you can," he pleaded, his eyes just as desperate as the words he had spoken in a horrible flurry. This was certainly a side no one had seen from him, that no one would expect from Jayden Blair.
-
Winnie chirped as he called her little birdy, giggling as he smeared the icing back on her face and began tickling her. She squeaked and jumped away, reaching for the bag of flour and snatching a handful up to toss at him. The powdery substance flew through the air and rained down on him, and Winnie laughed as it did so. She walked back over to him, kissing him again, wrapping her arms around his neck as she pressed herself against Kilo. "Well now we're both messy," she snickered, before chirping again quietly.

She hugged him close, cuddling up against him as they stood there, before looking over at the cake. "Ty, can we have some cake now?" Her eyes turned up to meet his. "Or maybe..." She stood on her tiptoes and kissed his cheek, licking the icing that stuck to her lips when she did. "i could just eat you up since you taste so sweet." She winked at him, her voice falling into a flirtatious tone. At surface level, she wasn't sure why she was bothering to add that sultry tone to her voice, but after a moment of thought she knew. She just wanted him to confirm that she was beautiful and worth it by playing along. She just wanted some assurance that she wasn't too... broken for him.

Winsley refused to look at him as he tried to explain himself, rolling her eyes at his statement of not knowing how hard things were. It was an understatement to even say such a thing, and insulting to flaunt the idea. "Better believe he did it." She mumbled under her breath, looking off down the hallway. Thankfully people would still be in class, though she couldn't help but want there to be people, that way she could prove that the popular kids were dangerous. Instead, she listened just barely to Jay. When he pushed her hands away, she wanted to moved her hands back, though at the same time she was happy that he at least attempted to help. Her hands were coated in blood, so all she could really do was wipe it on the rest of her shirt. She winced when he tied the makeshift bandage around her wound, making sure the blood could slow down. The copper smell filled the air around her until it was all she could smell, since it poured from her cheek and recently dressed wound.

Slowly she moved to sit down on the floor to rest, since her head was starting to swirl. She sat in silence as she listened to what he had to say, though did not completely pay attention. The thought still rooted in her mind that he could care less about her, and yet he begged her not to think such things. He spoke of the things he loved doing with her, which she wasn't even sure if they were true or not. Even if it was sweet to hear the things he had to say, she wasn't quite convinced. When he was done spouting his speech and pleading, she sat there in silence. She thought to herself the outcome of all this, of how meeting this one guy and letting him in to her house caused her life to so drastically drop into bullying like it was middle school all over again, except this was full on abuse. She closed her eyes and sighed, contemplating the offer. There was nowhere else she could have gone. All her friends were off doing god-knows-what without her, and here she was dealing with being the labelled rat.

Instead of answering him right away, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She had no snarky remarks, no clever comebacks, no attitude to give. There was just silence, which wasn't good for her. The more she allowed herself to think, the longer she held her silence. Her eyes drained of any fight that it held just minutes ago. "I don't fuckin' know anymore." She replied in a quiet tone, one she rarely used with words she didn't want to hear from her own mouth. "I don't. I just.. I don't." One hand moved up to run through her hair, only to remember the length of it. She let her hand course through what was left, tugging on the tips to make sure if it was real or not, but it was real. There was a prolonged period of silence before her voice finally broke through again. "Do you know what it's like to be stripped of your pride and joy? Probably not, I mean hey what decent person does that happen to." Her words twisted into a chuckle, though it was saddened. "Maybe I deserved that. Maybe they're all right about me, the clingy psycho rat chick." Winsley wore a fake expression, almost shouting out to the hallways. "Look at this bitch! Fuckin' nutty rat, go back to your trailer you unwanted piece of shit." She laughed out loud in a mocking way as she voiced what people have told her, ending off by mumbling about herself. "They're fuckin right about the selfish worthless ass I am." Her tone lowered almost to a whisper. "Sorry, this is all useless banter anyway." For once in her life she used such an apologetic word filled with sadness. There was silence again for a whole minute before she could actually answer his question.
"Take me if you want, do what you want. I don't care. Go screw girls and be with who you want to be with, don't let some dumb bitch hold you back." She turned away from him, leaning her bleeding body against the wall. Surely everything in her mind made sense, though she didn't realize how she avoided much of what he was telling her.
---

Kilo closed his eyes as the powdery baking substance fell on to his head, chuckling all the while. He held on to her as she moved in closer, smiling all the while. They embraced before she finally popped the question that he thought she'd never ask. Before he could answer though, she continued on with another sultry vibe given. His face turned slightly red, though he held her close to make sure he didn't see it. It was unexpected for her to act that way so quickly again, so he wasn't fully prepared. "Whatever you like, little birdy." He purred, placing kisses along her cheek and to her lips with a trace of icing left. Kilo wasn't exactly sure what he was thinking, but it had been in the moment, a sudden response. The kiss held until he slowly moved away, keeping his arm around her.

"I think you'll want to try our delicious cake first, though." As he spoke he picked up left over strawberries and placed some on the cake, dropping them at random on the top of the cake. Then, he moved to grab plates and forks, before getting two generous slices for the both of them. For his he made sure to have extra strawberries to keep a somewhat healthy diet amidst the consumption of sweets. He carried the plates over on the coffee table in front of the couch, before moving back over to the kitchen to clean off the both of them. Kilo had her wash her hands, which he joined her, and helped clean off the icing off each other's faces with a towel. The flour mostly stayed in his hair, though he didn't mind. Any flour left would have to be washed out later.
He moved her over to the couch and sit down, placing her on his lap so they could be together. "You get to take the first bite, love. Tell me what you think of it."

Jay felt his heart drop. It seemed Winsley hadn't heard a word he said, or perhaps she had and none of it mattered. "Hey, you're not some dumb bitch," he began, gently resting his hand on her cheek. "I like you, Wins, I really do. You're not a rat you're a queen, you know that? I want you in my life. It's just... complicated. It's not as easy as you might think to be part of the rich kid club." He stood, scooping her up in his arms but pausing for a moment, trying to decide where to go and what to do with his precious cargo. "You're not clingy or psycho either, by the way," he added, walking towards the side entrance of the school so he wouldn't pass the front office. "I've screwed both types and I have the scars and tear-stained notes to prove it." He kicked the door open, walking out and turning towards the parking lot. For a while he walked quietly, but when he got to his car he carefully set her on her own two feet.

"And worthless you say? Well I've never met a girl so fucking cool in my life. You can't be worthless, babe, you're the shining star on my smog-filled night. I know that probably doesn't sound like much after what I just let happen, but I won't let it happen again. I promise you that. Bucky's not going to hurt you again or I'll fuck him up." He opened the car door, gently pushing her inside and buckling her seatbelt. He paused for a moment, and still stood there for a longer one before leaning down and kissing her cheek- the one that wasn't slashed open. "I fucked up real bad today, Winsley, and I'll spend the rest of my life making it up to you." There was one more thing on his mind, and as he shut her door and a had a few moments alone to think about it, he couldn't help but debate saying something.

He slowly slid into his car, closing the door and putting the key in the ignition, yet he didn't turn it quite yet. "Oh and for the record Winsley, I've had my pride and joy stripped away from me." It was the last thing he said before he turned the key and the car roared to life as he began to drove off, forgetting about practice for now as he drove towards Winsley's home, the best place he could think of to take care of her.
-
Winnie smiled as he kissed her, her arms wrapping around his neck, unable to contain her excitement that he had fallen into her so easily. All too soon, though, it was cut short. He pulled away to remind them of the cake and she frowned slightly but looked over it, and nodded once. As he dropped strawberries on it she snuck one off, popping it in her mouth but leaving the leaves out and tossing them in the trash as she was led over to the couch.

When she curled up in his lap she broke a piece of the cake off and stabbed it with her fork, breathing in the fresh strawberry scent. She smiled, looking to Kilo and kissing him gently. "hmm, smells really good." She took the bite, chewing thoughtfully and swallowing before grinning from ear to ear. "Oh it's amazing, Tyler! I love it!" She took another bite, and then another, obviously excited by how good the cake was. "Be my cook, please, I could eat anything you make," she insisted, kissing him quickly before going back to her cake.

Last edited:
Winsley looked at him with her saddened eyes as he held her cheek, denying every accusation she made about herself. Her expression was vacant of any positive emotions left in her bones. Soon as he talked, her eyes wondered off so she wouldn't have to look him in the eye and confront him. Even with positive words she could only listen to the voices of the people. Everyone else spoke differently, so that was what she believed in. How could she be a queen? Queens didn't sneak around to steal for food or desperately wait for someone to call for a commission. They certainly didn't act as rambunctious as she did, or have anxieties and needless fears.

She listened to the voice that spoke to her, though did not truly hear the words. Anything that didn't put her on a pedestal she paid close attention to. Winsley didn't fight when he picked her up, laying limply with her hands over her stomach. Her head instinctively laid against his chest, wanting to hear a calming heart beat. The hum of his voice vibrated through his chest, which soothed her, even if she didn't want it to. She stood when she was put down, placing a hand instinctively over her wounded torso. Looking up at him, she scanned his face while he was speaking, trying to reassure her with a promise that she wasn't so sure he could keep. She shrugged her shoulders as an answer before moving in to the car. At first she shifted her legs to swing in to the car, leaning back in to the seat. She moved her seat back, looking down at the dial that maneuvered the seat. Then she froze. There was a soft peck on her cheek, something that wasn't meant to ask for anything more than forgiveness. It made her feel guilty for how she was treating him then, yet all in the same she had good reason to. She clamped her mouth shut, refusing to say another word. Somehow she knew that if she spoke than she would mess everything up again. There was silence in the car before a final statement that hit her hard. She bit her lip.
Instead of messing things up, of saying something she would regret, she sat there in silence. It was something she wasn't comfortable with, but it was the only way she could keep herself in check. In the silence she leaned against the chair, shifting that she would sit comfortably in the seat. During the drive she slowly closed her eyes, resting and listening to the wheels roll on the pavement and the engine remind them that it was a functioning asset to the car. Out of exhaustion she was beginning to fall asleep, yet she forced herself to stay awake. For whatever reason she wanted to be awake, to be alert and knowledgeable of the happenings of life around her. As they neared her house, she was leaning her head back against the seat, on the brink of dozing off. Her eyes opened and shut repeatedly, attempting to keep consciousness all the while.
---
Kilo watched as she dug in to the cake, smiling brightly. It was good that she appreciated his cooking, and in fact seemed to love it. He chuckled when she said he should be her cook, quite satisfied with the idea as well. With a quick kiss he answered in a calming voice. "Sure thing. If you like it that much, I would love to." However serious she was about it, he idolized the idea. To be able to cook for her was a treat in life, since cooking was the one thing he was good at.

He scooped up a piece of cake with his fork and took a bite, savoring the mix of light fluffy cake and textured strawberries. With a few more bites he managed to eat the rest of his cake, chewing on lonesome strawberries and leaving the stems on the plate. Instead of moving right away to clean the dish, he sat there with Winnie in his arms. His chin laid on her shoulder while she ate, sneaking pecks on her cheek every now and then. It was addicting to be in such innocent moments, sneaking loving gestures while she ate a sugary treat. In every way did she deserved to have a perfect desert and peaceful night, and that's exaclty what he planned on giving her.

Last edited:
Jay had turned the radio on low to drown out the silence. He knew how much Winsley hated it and he didn't want her to suffer more than she already was. As he pulled into her driveway, however, he shut the car off and silence hit them hard once more. He got out, walking over to her side and picking her up in his arms before carrying her into the house, feeling a sort of guilt pour over him as her blood painted his skin. To think he had just stood and watched. And accessory to the unspeakable crime Bucky committed. It made him wonder why he had stayed in such a crowd for so long but of course he knew. Football. He had something going for him and he couldn't let anyone take that away. Not even Winsley.

Yet here he was. Missing practice to take care of her. It was the final practice before tomorrow's game, which meant he would have to sit it out. There were two scouts coming, and he'd miss that opportunity. He almost thought about just putting a gauze pad on her and booking it back to the school, but he couldn't do that. He couldn't leave her... could he? He could. He glanced towards the door before setting her down in the kitchen and going to her bathroom for a first aid kit. When he found one he came back, untying the weak patchwork and lifting her shirt up a bit further to check it out. There was still blood, yet it wasn't trailing out as fast. "If you feel lightheaded let me know, I know how to make a sort of homemade blood transfusion. It's painful but I don't know how much you've lost," he muttered, thinking about why he even knew how to do such a thing in the first place.

He walked over to a stray hand towel and wet it in the sink before coming back to clean the wound, and then looking through the kit for a needle and some stitching thread. "Bite this," he muttered, handing her the bloody towel. It had a few clean patches on it at least. He didn't bother to wait for her to bite down before he started stitching though. She only needed five and he worked fast. They looked sloppy but they certainly did the job. When he was done he rubbed some sav on it and put a gauze pad over the whole thing, taping it off. He'd be twenty minutes late if he left right at that moment. He'd be running laps for half of the practice, but at least he'd get to play. All he had to do was say bye and leave, and yet he couldn't quite bring himself to do it. So instead he stood there, an awkward mess refusing to look at the girl he had allowed pain she didn't deserve.
-
Winnie giggled as they sat together. It was nice to have Kilo sneaking his cute gestures around and in between bites of cake she would sneak in some herself. Once she was finished, though, she set her plate down on the table and grabbed a blanket, letting it settle over the both of them as she rested her cheek against his chest. "Tyler Diaz, the extraordinary chef," she said quietly, smiling at the thought. "You should have your own cookbook, and a restaurant, maybe? And a cute hostess, too," she added, grinning up at him knowingly before kissing him gently.

"What would you call it, Ty? You're very own restaurant? What would you serve? What would the color scheme be?" she asked, her words growing slightly more excited by the moment. "Oh, do we want a modern feel or something more rustic? What about windows? What style? Can I design some?" she asked suddenly, and it was quite obvious from her tone Winnie had plenty of very real plans bouncing around in her mind. In truth, she was just trying to keep her mind occupied, and designing a whole restaurant certainly did the trick. It kept the bad thoughts out if nothing else.

Winsley glanced to the drivers seat when the car finally stopped, filled with daunting silence. Soon it was replaced with the car doors opening and slamming shut. She felt her limp body being picked up and carried in to her house. To think that he would obviously think to bring them to her house, such a convenient place to drop her. They moved inside, settling down in the kitchen. She sat in the kitchen chair, leaning her weight into it in attempt to relieve any stress on her body. Her eyes trailed along slowly to the directions he was heading, coming back with first aid and a towel. It almost made her chuckle in a way. A rich kid dealing with first aid. This'll be life threatening. Winsley thought to herself, holding in her annoyances at him. As he worked on her stitches she bit down hard on the towel, screaming into it. Tears welled up in her eyes and fell down her cheeks. The stitching job was sloppy, though at least it decreased the blood flow. She leaned back in the chair, pulling the bloody towel away from her mouth to throw it across the room. It smelled rancid and had no reason to be used again. She knew she would have to clean it all up later, though she didn't care about that at the moment.

Winsley looked up at Jay, secretly hoping for any sort of proof that he would stay with her and love her. He wasn't even daring to look at her. There was no way she didn't notice the way he looked towards the door earlier. It was too obvious to miss. Of course he didn't want to stay. He doesn't care about me as much as he says he does, does he? Such a thought discouraged her from any hopes of him truly caring enough to even go through on his words. She turned her head to look away from him, allowing her brows to arch again. If he wouldn't open up to her and let her in, she was going to guard herself from him. "Leave." She said quietly, turning to face away from him, covering one hand over her cheek. "It's fine, I can take care of myself. I know you don't want to stay, and don't even try lying to me saying you do. Just go." Her voice rose slightly to a normal volume, although she sounded irritated all the while. From there she waited a beat before she spoke again, this time swinging her hand at him to slap him. "The hell are you waiting for? Leave!" Winsley yelled at him in agitation, glaring at him with eyes burning like raging fires. Once more she slapped him as hard as she could, just before reeling back to keep herself from falling over. One hand cupped over the slash only her face, while the other grasped on the seat she stayed in. Moving around hurt like hell, though she could not vocalize this in front of him. She didn't want to show any more pain and weakness to him anymore, since he could take that and run with it. He already saw enough shame and pain enflicted on her. She felt at that point as if she was stripped her identity and any sense of pride she had left. Any sort of self loathing increase for over time, since her face was going to be scarred for the rest of her life. She clutched her cheek tight, no matter how painful it was. All because of his lack of action she would be scarred for the rest of her life, and all because she decided to step up for herself. What was she thinking then? That perhaps he would jump in at the end of it all and come to the rescue? Of course he wouldn't. There was no such things as happy endings, because those were only in fairy tales.
---
Kilo couldn't help but smile, relaxing into the couch as she placed the blanket over them. If she hadn't been there he would have dozed off right then and there, though he stayed awake just for her. He couldn't help but to chuckle as she spewed such fantastic ideas, ones that he thought he could never amount to in this world. Each idea grew more and more exciting, leaving him to smile brighter by the minute. There was a certain sparkle to her eye as her head was filled with ideas. Every single one of them sounded like a fantasy, though an amazing one to live in. When she was done speaking, he gently smiled at her. "Know what? I'll let you design the place, my adorable hostess. I will make the best Mexican food the world has ever seen, of course though there is room for any other types of dishes." His eyes danced around as he spoke, truly enveloping himself in the idea. It was a fun fantasy, one he definitely wanted to be a part of. "We can name it together. Kilo and Winnie's place. We'd make a great team, I'm sure of it." Kilo sank into the couch, wrapping his arms around her waist. Once, a gentle kiss on the lips. Then another, and another. With one last kiss he placed one on her forehead to top it off. A satisfied sigh fell from his lips as he looked down at her. Surely they could build such a world together.

Jay had been about to argue, to insist he stay despite how bad he truly wanted to leave when her hand came crashing down against his face. The shock of the sting made him freeze up. He didn't even hear what she said next, but he certainly felt the second smack. He stumbled, his vision blurred, his mind blanked and all he could picture was his father standing over him. "Get out! I want you out! And don't come back till you've fixed your mess!" He had hit Jay too. Only it didn't just cause a sting back then, it left bruising and blood behind as Jay had left, had waked out of his home. That had been the first time he had been kicked out.

He blinked once, looking over at Winsley, his hand moving slowly to rest on his cheek, irritating the sensitive flesh as he stared at her. How could she do that? How could she hit him when he had done nothing wrong? Or maybe he had but he was trying to make up for it. Friends weren't supposed to hit each other, but then was she even his friend? He hardly realized the tears welling in his eyes. He was normally so immune to the pain, to being hit and punched and kicked and whipped. But Winsley was different. He had never thought he'd have to worry about something like this with a girl he liked, and so the fact that it happened had shocked him into feeling a weak kind of agony.

"Fine," he spat out, that single word full of anger because if he didn't get angry he'd get sad, and he couldn't allow himself to do that. "But don't ever expect me to come back," he growled out, before storming off. Still, as he got to the front door he hesitated, glancing once back at the kitchen. She hit me. He thought. And she'll do it again. They always do. And he was so sick of everyone hitting him, so he didn't go back to her like he knew he should have. Instead he made it all about himself, and he walked out that door and didn't look back again.
-
Winnie snuggled up, closing her eyes as she rested against Kilo. "Tyler and Winnie's place," she corrected gently. "You're name is amazing, Ty. It suits you so well. My Tyler Diaz," she cooed, taking his hand in hers and intertwining their fingers together. She kissed his knuckles and looked up at him, smiling. She couldn't stop when she looked into his icy blue eyes. It made her day to see them, to see such beautiful colors against his beautiful complexion.

She leaned up and kissed him suddenly, wrapping her arms around his neck as she did so. She pulled herself up a bit, changing her position so she straddled his waist before finally relenting and instead just resting her forehead against his. "You and me and forever. Has a nice ring to it," she cooed, rubbing her nose against his and giggling. She supposed she sounded a bit obsessed but she didn't really care. If she was thinking about Ty and the future then she couldn't think about the past, and she never wanted to look back again.

Winsley watched him as he reeled back, examining the expression on his face that made her stomach turn upside down. It almost seemed as though such a thing had happened to him before, though it surprised him. Could it have happened? It was a possibility, though that wasn't the fact that mattered most. He seemed almost appalled, disgusted at the choice she made to hit him. There were tears threatening to shed, and she felt immediate regret. His voice seemed over powering, drowning out anything Bucky and his lot ever said to her. The selected words hit her like a blow to the stomach, causing her to hold her breath. Her vision blurred from tears daring to shed, yet she didn't allow them to. What could she say? She wanted to apologize, to beg him to come back, but it was too late. He was gone. Any chance with him dissipated, as well as seeing his little sister again. She was ripped out of his life before she could even be in it.

When the dust settled and the door slammed shut, tears began to spill down her cheeks. She turned around in her seat, facing the table. What had she just done? Winsley set her head down on the table, covering her hands over her head. The shortened locks left on her head were jagged, laying slightly over her arms. She wept, sucking in breaths from time to time. It hurt to weep, physically and emotionally, yet she couldn't stop. This was all her fault. She was hideous, broken, and alone all because she decided to make one dumb move. Nothing made her wish for any reason to disappear more than that very moment.
---

Kilo smiled as she spoke, not minding the correction. The comfort was all he ever needed, as well as the love shared. The kiss was unexpected, yet all at once it felt it was to be expected. He sat up during the kiss, though altogether relaxed into the couch. "Any name you come up with sounds good with me, little birdy. I'm just the cook, after all." He chuckled, pecking once on the tip of her nose. Since they sat on the couch, this had been the most relaxed he had ever been. There was a tired look in his eye, one that was content with where he was in life. He could help but to kiss her back, sinking in to the kiss. It was prolonged, though not rough, but rather it was loving and expressed all the care in the world. As it continued, his hands settled on her hips, just before wrapping completely around her and pulling her just a bit more into the embrace.

Sage had planned to take Korren straight the ice skating rink after school. She was having a stressful day whether she wanted to tell him about it or not, and so he figured starting their date off quickly would be the best option. That is until he pulled out his wallet to check for cash and found none. His first thought was to stop at a gas station and head to the ATM, but that trip proved to be a waste of his and Korren's time. His debit card was missing too. He had left for Winsley's house next, a bit irritated with himself for leaving something so important behind. Although as soon as he saw his friend he was glad he had made the mistake.

"I'll be right back, love, just wait here," Sage said, figuring his card was in the kitchen or the guest bedroom somewhere. He walked up to the door, pulling it open and heading inside. "Hey Whore! You home? I need- oh my fuck," Sage said gently, turning into the kitchen and stopping dead in his tracks. He blinked, stared, stood frozen in place. "Winsley?" he asked, stepping cautiously at first, and then running over to her. "Oh my God, who did this? Who fucked with you, Winsley?" he demanded, first checking for the wound on her side. It was already patched up though, and so he immediately went for the first aid kit and a wet cloth to fix her cheek up. He tried to ignore the hair for now. It wasn't her biggest problem. "Babe, how did this happen?" he asked again, this time a little less panicked than before as he carefully started to clean her face up, his fears turning into a stoney type of concentration as he worked on taking care of his friend who had obviously been through a lot in the last few hours.
-
Winnie pulled away after a few minutes, laying back down against him. "You're not just the cook Ty. You're so much more. You gotta believe that too, okay? You're so amazing and you've done more for me in a handful of days then most people have in years." She glanced back at the television screen once before closing her eyes. "I'm glad I found you, my guardian angel." Winnie pulled the blanket up a bit more around herself, shivering slightly from the cold. She supposed it wasn't truly that cool, but she couldn't help but feel the small breeze through her house as if it was a snowy wind. Maybe it was just fear of being separated. Kilo was warm, and everything else was cold.

As Winnie laid there against him, she felt a heavy sleep drift over her, and though she didn't want to actually fall asleep, she found herself falling deeper and deeper into the idea of it. "Ty, you stay with me okay?" she mumbled, her hand resting over his chest before she finally let herself fall asleep.

Winsley hadn't noticed when Sage came in, hiding her face in her arms with tears streaming down her face. She truly couldn't stop, even if she desperately wanted to. What was she thinking? How could she get mixed in with such a crowd? Clearly things that were too good in this world weren't truly good in the long run. She turned when she heard Sage's voice call her name, though desperately tried to wipe the tears from her face, smudging blood on her hands in the process. Everything stung and hurt, both physically and emotionally. A weight was lifted when Sage was there though. Finally she wasn't alone with her thoughts, the most dangerous thing for her to be alone with.

She moved so he could help her, gripping on to his shirt with one hand so she wouldn't fall over. Words were trying to be formed, though they were quite difficult to create. How could she possibly protect Jay? Even after all of what happen, she wanted to protect him from being hurt."I... they-they-they pulled me in the locker room and-and," She sobbed, trying to hold herself together enough to slip the story through a slight lie. "They beat me, Bucky cut-" Winsley placed a hand over her mouth, trying to contain herself. "He cut my hair, I- I tried to fight back. I made him mad." A nervous laugh fell from her mouth, covered with a shaky sob. "I hit him, he stabbed m-me." Finally her story was out, though she didn't quite explain the rest. She couldn't. How could she?
As Sage was helping to clean her up, she leaned forward slightly and wrapped her arms around his waist. All she needed was some sort of comfort, something to indicate that everything was going to be okay, even if it wasn't going to be. She dug herself into his arms, shuttering and shaking with occasional sobs as she tried to calm herself down. Her cheek still stung and her side hurt when she moved, though she didn't care about that as much.
---
Korren waited in the car as Sage went inside, lost in her mind with thoughts of Bucky at that moment. Goodness, she just couldn't stop. The end was coming and she was dreading it. She took a deep breath, trying to dispel her thoughts for now. Instead of staying in the car, she stepped out on the driveway, leaning against the car. Curiosity got the best of her when she heard Sage raise his voice. Something was wrong. She closed the car door and walked briskly inside. The door to Winsley's home was left wide open. She walked to the kitchen, noticing the bloody towel on the ground, as well as a bloodied Winsley with her hair chopped short. Her eyes widened with shock. What had happened? Both her and Sage wondered the same thing, and soon their questions were answered. The shock hit her when she realized how Bucky could easily kill or severely injure someone without a care in the world.

While Sage was tending to Winsley's wound, she decided to help by silently moving to clean the house for her. She started by cleaning up any excess blood in the home, taking the towel covered in the iron scented liquid to the washer, placing it in to clean it out. Then, she moved around the living room to freshen it up. Every bottle and used joint she picked up and tossed in the trash, cleaning everything up to the best of her ability in silence.
---
Kilo smiled as she pulled back, helplessly looking at her as she explained what she saw in him. It warmed his heart to hear her speak, to know that she loved him just as much as he did for her. He brushed a hand through her hair, sighing in content. "And I'm glad I found you, my beautiful angel." He made sure they were both under the blanket, drifting off as they laid there. With one last saying, Kilo began to drift off slowly. The built up exhaustion finally was getting to him. "I will stay." He spoke quietly, holding her close as his eyes fell shut. Finally he had the chance to sleep soundly, and so he did. Unconsciously he held her closer, nuzzling his head into her shoulder. It would take a lot to wake him up then, with the exception of Winnie being in his arms. If she ever decided to move and do something, he would wake with her.

As Winsley hugged him Sage paused from his work to pull her close, being as gentle as he could with her. "Shh, Sweetie, I'm sorry I asked. It doesn't matter. What matters is that I took good care of you, yeah? I got you, Winsley," he promised, kissing her forehead and holding her for a moment longer before picking her up and walking over to the couch. He set her down gently and turned on whatever movie was in the player before pulling his phone out. He quickly texted Korren to come inside because this would be a while, and then went back to work cleaning Winsley up. "Look at you, you fucking slugger," he muttered, trying to joke, to smile, to give Winsley the laugh she deserved. "My wifey was in the locker room with a bunch of bitches and she still came out looking better than they will when I'm through with'em," he said, winking at her as he finished up cleaning it. The wound wasn't deep enough to need stitches so he bandaged it for now. "I'll fuck them up with the weapon of your choice, though, Wins," he added, running his fingers through her cut her gently.

"You know, babe, I think short looks good on you. Sure, we'll even it out but once that's done you'll be the hottest kid on the block- I'm not exaggerating either," he added, resting his hand on the cheek that wasn't cut. "You're gonna be okay, Winsley. I'm going to make sure of it," he promised. In truth Sage was furious at that moment, but he dampened that anger with worry for his best friend, who was in need of a hug. "Now I'll be right back," he promised before heading into the kitchen. he made three grilled cheese sandwiches and grabbed a bottle of wine- the good kind- before heading back to her. he set the food and drinks on the coffee table and pulled Winsley into his lap, holding her close as he grabbed the wine bottle, popping the cork off and offering her a drink.

Winsley nuzzled her head into his shirt as he held her, trying to slow the shaking. She listened to him, nodding when he spoke. None of it mattered now, though it still clawed at her brain as a horrifying memory. From there she held on to Sage as he carried her over to the couch, holding on to him as tightly as possible before being placed down on the cushions. All the bottles and joint butts were gone from earlier, which she was thankful for. It helped to know that she wasn't completely a rat sitting in a heap of trash, which was what she felt like. Metaphorically, that heap of trash was her life. Yet there were good things about it as well, though those good things didn't involve didn't include getting stabbed and having a nasty gash on her face.

She chuckled as he joked about the fight, though it was broken down, not quite filled with the same joy as before. There was something on her mind, though she had difficulty and fear of sharing it. She pondered on what weapon he could choose, running her fingers delicately over the bandaging while she thought. "Hm... Oh, a dull knife. Fuck 'em up just like they did to me, and start with the I'm uncultured, then Bitchy. Cut 'em deep." A slight grin spread on her face as they discussed such a plan of revenge. It felt good to release frustration in that way, though there was still something on her mind. There was a certain thoughtful look to her eye, one that not many noticed. Sage wasn't like many people though. They've known each other since the beginning, so there was no way to hide things from him.

She weakly smiled though as he brushed his fingers through what little hair she had left. He was one of the only people allowed to do so. A faint chuckle escaped her when he complimented her. Of course she didn't believe it right then, but she would learn to flaunt that idea until she did. "Darn right, Sleeze. I'm the queen and no one can stop me, not even Bitchy." She spoke just before he moved away to the kitchen. The look in his eye obviously showed worry to her, though hidden in there she knew he was angry. There was no way he wasn't. Sage would get his revenge one way or another, and she knew that very well, though didn't announce it.

When he came back, she grinned. She absolutely loved grilled cheese, and wine was a plus. Winsley curled up the best she could and latched on to her best friend, comfortable to be in his arms. On one hand she reached out for the wine bottle, taking a large swig from it, while on the other she held on to him.

Meanwhile, Korren finished cleaning up for Winsley. She smiled as the two settled down on the couch, deciding to grab an extra fleece blanket from a closet, and sat next to them. It didn't bother her to see Winsley curled up with him, since she knew they had an inseparable bond with each other, almost like siblings. She made sure to curl part of the blanket around the two of them, all while curling the rest around her legs. It was comfortable, something she enjoyed. There really were no words that she could express, though she didn't feel the need to. All she wanted to do was live in the moment and appreciate it, and so she did.
She picked up her sandwich and took a bite out of it, taking small bites every now and again.

Sage smiled as Winsley spoke, though he had taken note of the thoughts that swarmed in her eyes. They didn't quite escape her mouth though he did keep it in mind to ask about in a moment. For now though he nodded along to her idea. "A dull knife, yeah, I'll cut'em real slow, fuck them up good. I'll make them cry, doesn't that sound nice? Break a few bones, give'em the Joker look, huh? Every last one of them. Those damn football players are all going to burn." His grin in that moment was odd, one that came from someone who loved hurting others just a little too much. It was only the others that hurt his family though, and Winsley was family.

He let a beat pass by after he spoke, looking over Winsley once more, spotting minor bruises before he met her eyes, then glanced at Korren. The love of his life was just sitting there enjoying her sandwich, not caring that Sage was doting on Winsley. He loved her for it- for understanding that Winsley needed him in that moment. For one secret bitter second, he even thought At least Winsley will tell me what's wrong, before he let the thought fade away. Korren had told him it was feelings from the past that were bubbling over, though he wasn't sure if he believed it.

"Brit, what's on your mind?" he finally asked, looking back into Winsley's eyes. "I can see the gears turning under all that pretty hair of yours. Tell me, what are you thinking about?" They never lied to each other, and so he expected nothing more than the truth in that moment. The world always moved on, but Winsley and him- they never did. They always stuck together wherever they were, and even if drama had kept them from doing much together these last few days it certainly didn't change anything.
-
Dalton had had a long day at the firm. He dragged himself inside his house, exhausted and yawning as he fumbled to hang his keys up before setting his jacket down on the table. He was so tired he almost didn't notice the cake, and even as he grabbed a fork and started eating straight from it, it wasn't until his second bite that he realized what he was tasting. "Fucking hell that's good," he mumbled, before hungrily eating two slices worth and tossing the fork in the sink for the time being.

He then made his way to the living room, noticing Kilo and Winnie sleeping curled up next to each other. He smiled gently, walking over and tucking them in a bit better, smoothing his daughter's hair down and kissing her temple. "Sleep well, Winnie," he whispered. At least she was out of her room, getting some new scenery. Winnie's eyes fluttered open as he did this though, and she smiled softly, wrapping her arms around Dalton to hug him. "Night, dad," she whispered, and Dalton's eyes widened in shock. "Winnie?" he asked quietly, before a sudden burst of energy came over him and he pulled her up into his arms in a much tighter hug. "Winnie, Darling, you're back!" he spoke brightly, and Winnie laughed. "Yea, Dalton, I'm back. You're... crushing... me," she joked, and he let her down onto her own too feet. "Oh baby girl, I'm so happy you're doing better," he said brightly, his exhaustion gone for the moment. "Yeah, I am. But we're going to wake Tyler up, go to bed, we'll talk more when you're up," she added, shooing him off. Dalton chuckled and nodded, hugging her one last time and ruffling up her hair. "I'm glad to hear your voice, Darling," he said, and Winnie smiled. "me too," she said, watching as he waved once before heading upstairs. She cuddled back down into Kilo's lap and tossed the blanket around them once more, closing her eyes as she relaxed back against him.

Winsley smiled as he went on in description of how they would get revenge, though it bothered her when he said every single football player. Jay was one of them. She didn't want anything to happen to him, though she didn't announce it. Instead she nodded and chuckled, going on with the fact that the rest of the bratty crew would at least be screwed over.
Her attention was kept on Sage when he started questioning her, though she didn't immediately answer. She brushed a hand through her hair, tangling in what was left of her green hair, sighing in between. "It's just..." Winsley paused, trying to articulate her words. It wasn't easy, though she would have to tell him sooner or later. With everyone else it was easy to lie, but with Sage it was the most difficult thing for her to do. "Jay was... well, he brought me home and helped me, but... I hit him. I hit him twice." Again, a long pause fell over her as she reflected on what happened. "I drove him away. I thought maybe we'd be... I don't know... a thing? I guess. It's all stupid but a good stupid at the wrong time." She tried her best to explain herself with how she felt about him, though it was difficult. Not once had she truly cared about a guy she interacted with like this, and her guilt was a bonus to the strangeness of it all. "I'm mad at him, but I feel so bad... Please don't kill him, Sleeze, but.. he- he was in the locker room with me. He didn't do anything. God, why did I expect that he would? I thought maybe he would care. I want him to." She was talking a mile a minute, spilling out everything. Tears began to spring in her eyes, though she quickly wiped them away. "Look at me, I'm actually crying over him. Why do I care so much? God, I'm stupid."
---
Korren finished up her sandwich, making sure to wipe any excess crumbs off. All the while, she listened to them speak. It hit her as to how vengeful Sage really was, and slightly frightened her. Although, she wasn't frightened because of that fact, but because of the situations it could bring him in. Breaking up wouldn't be easy, not in the slightest. She was terrified, slightly shaking. Quickly she stopped herself though, and held a brave face. After a minute the shaking stopped, and she snuggled into the couch, not wanting to bother Winsley and Sage's moment. Everything seemed to be a confusing time for Winsley, especially when she had been through so much. It made her wonder if Bucky's rage in that moment was all because of her. What if he was lashing out because he didn't have what he wanted? No. Stop. Not everything should be based around what happened. It couldn't be, could it? He's just horrible... but all the horribleness will end for them soon enough. I brought this upon them. Her eyes had a tired look to them, though she still held a smile and softness to her. She wrapped herself in the blanket, curling up near the two. All she wanted to do was forget, and so she will try to do so.

Sage had listened as she spoke, and the first thing that came to mind was frustration. Jay. As in Jayden Blair? Bucky's best friend? It didn't sit well with him at all, and he almost started to lecture her on the jocks when he saw something that stunned him to silence. Tears. She was crying. Over a boy. It made his next words melt in his mouth and he swallowed hard, trying to think of what else he could say. He'd never seen Winsley cry over another guy before and it was rather unsettling for him. "Winsley," he finally began, hoping what he said didn't come out wrong. "They don't care about you. Babe, I know you like him a lot, I do, but... but those jocks, they don't..." He couldn't finish his sentence. He was too scared to hurt her. Winsley was his best friend and she had been nothing but supportive of his relationship with Korren.

"Maybe he just needs a little push," he decided, changing the direction of his conversation. "They all rub off on each other, forget that we're all real people. He just needs some perspective, I think." As much as Sage didn't truly believe the words he was saying, he thought they might help her. If Winsley was already so attached then perhaps more had happened than just a one night stand. He'd have to ask her about it later, but for now he had to make her feel better, get those tears to stop flowing.

Although as he sat there he couldn't help but notice Korren, and he felt a slight guilt fall over him, He didn't want to ignore her, and so he took her hand in his own and squeezed gently. "That's all I needed, you know, a little perspective." He leaned over and kissed Korren's cheek so she knew he hadn't forgotten about her. "If it can work for me I'm sure it can work for him." He rested his head on Korren's shoulder, keeping his hand in hers and his other arm wrapped around Winsley to hold her in place.

Winsley listened to him, wiping away any tears that decided to fall from her eyes. She didn't want to cry anymore, yet she couldn't help herself. Instead of speaking again, she bit her tongue and nodded instead, though she didn't agree with him. Surely Jay must have cared, right? It was just that he was scare of Bucky. Yeah, that's it. Bucky was the problem. If he was gone then everyone else would be free.

She nodded as he brought up the idea that perhaps Jay needed to understand their lives. Even so, she knew that Sage wasn't fully thrilled about the idea. Perhaps they could turn things around though and figure things out. "Yeah... I just want things to be okay." Winsley held on to Sage, nuzzling her head into his chest. No matter what happened, she'd still have Sage to protect her through and through. Even if everything went wrong and the world toppled on top of them. In the end, they would be the winners. They would have the last laugh. She turned to look at Korren as he spoke to her, smiling all the while. They truly were cute together. It made her slightly jealous of what they had, though she blew off such a feeling as just feeling guilty about Jay. "You guys are a match made in heaven, I swear. I should take some notes." Winsley chuckled to herself, smiling all the while.

Korren turned after her hand was held, feeling a peck on her cheek. Her worries dissipated for now, and she smiled brightly. "I suppose so." She scooted closer, placing a hand on his cheek as his head settled on her shoulder. Out of instinct she moved her hand to his hair, brushing through it once. Immediately she pulled away from his hair though, and instead placed her hand under his chin to cup it. She turned fully and gave a light kiss, steady and gentle. It was comforting for her, at least until she remembered that Winsley was sitting right there. Her cheeks turned slightly red. Kissing in front of other people she was use to, though not voluntarily.

Winsley slightly chuckled as she saw the poor red headed girl blush, embarrassed from a simple peck. "It's okay, you guys can make out in front of me for all I care. Do what you want. After all, I know you two quite well." She gave a wink to Sage, as if to subtly nod to the conversation they had the night before. Only he would notice it, for sure, since Korren didn't really know what they discussed. The only expression Korren shared was one of confusion, before shrugging it off in ignorance.

Sage smiled as Korren kissed him, and his smile only grew as she blushed. Winsley's little comment made him chuckle a bit, but then his smile faltered. Last night had been what had ruined everything. It wasn't worth grinning about anymore. Still, for now he tried to ignore it even though he was sure Winsley would see the falter. He moved his hand out of Korren's, wrapping his arm around her instead to keep her close against him, kissing her temple. "Love, you look so cute when you blush like that," he told her, kissing her again before resting their temples together and looking towards Winsley.

"And you, listen to me, Wifey, everything will be okay. We've been through hell and back, and this stupid boy is nothing compared to it. You're irresistible Winsley, I mean totally not my type, but still irresistible," he added, hoping not to hurt Korren's feelings. "I'll set this boy straight if you care that much about him. Hey, Korren, did you ever meet Jayden Blair? Know what kind of guy he is?" he asked, turning to Korren with curiosity dancing in his eyes.

He knew Korren didn't like to remember much about that crowd, but he figured it'd be nice to get some insight on who Jay was. They all knew about Bucky, but Jay had always been a background sort of kid. He stood behind Bucky like a shadow as far as Sage was concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back