• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern DotC High

Jay grabbed his coffee, moving to sit across from Monty. He hadn't thought much of the nickname since everyone seemed to have one for him, though JayJay was a bit unique coming from Monty he didn't do much to respond to that but smile. That quickly faded though as they sat down and Monty asked Jay how he was. He was scared, and exhausted, and more than anything did he just want a break from it all, maybe a quick lay from Monty, but as he sat there looking at him, knowing he had been a part of it all and left in the dark, Jay couldn't not talk about it. "Bucky's my best friend." This was something he had told Monty before, but it hadn't held the sincerity it did in that moment. Which surprised Jay especially considering how much he hated that bitch now. "We've been through a lot of shit together and i always thought he was capable of really stupid shit, but I never thought he was capable of really fucked-up shit." He hardly realized he was talking. It was just starting to spill out. A conversation he couldn't have with anyone else because no one would listen or no one would want to relive it.

"And shooting Sage, taking Korren, that wasn't fucked up to me. That was stupid. That was Bucky being stupid." When had he started sweating, when had his breathing become so shallow? "Sage would heal, Korren would eventually get out of there, hell, even taking Winsley was just stupid to me. I've known him forever. This boy who always told me he was going to be a dad one day, and a damn good one too. He was never going to neglect his kids. He was going to love them. That was his goal. That's what he wanted- what he wants. He's just... he's just being stupid- or he was. But then... then he came over to see Winsley." His breath caught in his throat. He squeezed his eyes shut. He was going to cry- he couldn't cry. That wouldn't look well against his reputation. "God, he beat the shit out of here. And I just stood there and... and I just watched. I love her, I do, but I have this football game coming up and I put it over her because I need to go to college but... but God, that makes me worse than him doesn't it? I was so scared, though. I'd never seen him do something fucked-up before but then he started doing it. This wasn't like him shooting Sage, or kidnapping the girls. This wasn't like him fucking with Korren's emotions or screwing Chloe on the side. Monty, this wasn't even Bucky. This was some weird freak of nature I didn't know existed."

A sob shook his body, and it was in that moment Jay realized not only how important it was to lose contact with Bucky, but he also learned what a horrible person he himself really was. Just as bad. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Monty. I didn't come here to put all this shit on you. I'm sorry. I don't want you to think I'm so terrible person but I am. I am. I'm a disgusting excuse for a human being." He was crying, running his fingers through his hair, staring at the floor. His coffee was forgotten and all he could do was sit and cry and be mad at himself because this wasn't what he wanted but it was what he had turned the situation into.
-
Bucky finished his own cone and patiently waited for Korren to finish hers. Once she had finished though, he stood, keeping his hand in hers though he wasn't trying to drag her along. "Come on, Korren, let's head out," he said. "It'll probably start cooling down soon." Bucky led her to the car before getting in himself. Once he was inside he paused, part of him not wanting to take her to the hospital. He wanted to be with her. Maybe next week she could come to school, she could be with him. "Korren," he said suddenly, before he could stop himself, and suddenly is desire for her attention was on the table. He glanced towards her biting his lip, meaning to let her wait for a response but all too soon the question came to. "Do you wanna kiss me?" Silence for a moment, from Bucky's own shock. Then, "I mean, be honest. Don't lie I'm not gonna get upset or anything I just... I'd just like to know is all." This answer, this would define his next moves. He hoped she said yes, that she kissed him, that he didn't have to take her to the hospital, but somewhere deep down a scared little thought made him think he would.
-
Winnie frowned slightly, leaning her head on his shoulder. "I understand. Family is really important." She moved her hand to rub his back still, to give him some comfort because she was sure he still needed it. "But I'm part of your family too now, right?" she asked, glancing up at him. "And since I am I need to help you too just as much as you need to help your mom. Kilo, let me give you some money. I know I already did and you said not again but you can work it off at the house. Dalton loves your cooking. Make some dinner for us and that way you're earning it, you know. Let me give you something to help, though. You shouldn't have to stress about money and Sage and Korren and Winsley, and maybe I'm stressing you too, I don't know. I just wanna lighten that burden a bit, love. And I love you so much, I don't mind at all. this is what family does." She rested against him, her fingers still trailing simple patterns around his back, hoping he would listen to her, and allow her to help him.
-
Chloe stood in the elevator, her fingers tapping nervously as it opened. She was going to see Sage, to finally see him. To beg forgiveness, to tell her how scared she was, to ask for the help she needed. She was still preparing everything she needed to say, running it through her mind, when she looked up to walk out of the elevator. As she looked up, though, she saw him. He was standing there, on crutches, a hint of a glare on his face. He didn't say anything to her as they stood there. And she waited so long the elevator almost closed on them.

"Wait!" Chloe rapidly pressed the 'door open' button and Sage huffed, hopping into the elevator rather than allowing her to hop out. "If you don't have Winsley with you I'm not interested," he growled. The elevator door closed. They were locked in a small space together. One time they had been in an elevator when they were a couple. They had used the short ride from floor twelve to floor one for their own desires. Now, Chloe bit her lip, feeling nervous, feeling like she couldn't breathe. She didn't enjoy elevators. Sage had kissed her to calm her down but then it escalated into more. Now he did nothing. Now she was sure he wanted her to suffer.

"I still love you." A cold laugh fell out of Sage's mouth. Chloe finally turned to him, gulping as she took notice of his injuries, as she realized all the damage that had been done to her Sage. "Sage, I'm so sorry." He snorted. He found her comical, she supposed. "For what? Cheating on me with Bucky? Or Leaving me? Calling me a rat, maybe? Does this have something to do with Winsley, who you kidnapped. Or could it be for the way you've treated me since you took the better offer?" Chloe stayed quiet for a moment, trying to collect her thoughts, already feeling tears in her eyes though she tried to hold them at bay for Sage, who hated seeing anyone cry. "For all of it. For hurting you, for thinking he was the better option, for everything horrible I've done, for Winsley. Sage, I'm..." she squeaked, feeling tears fall though she tried to hide it. "I'm so terrified of him. I didn't know... I didn't know he was capable of that. You... you always protected me from that and I... I took it for granted. I'm so sorry."

Sage watched Chloe as she cried, feeling something stir within him though he held it back. "You fucked him a month after you told me you loved me. After I bet that expensive as fuck promise ring for you. You broke my heart, Chloe. And I've moved on but I'm not going to forgive you for you did to me, and I'm especially not going to forgive you for what you let happen to Winsley." The doors open and Sage walked out towards the cafeteria, but froze just inside as a hand wrapped around his arm. He looked back, seeing Chloe. She was shaking now, her tears flowing openingly as she reached into her pocket. "I still have it. I never forgot." The ring was in her free hand now. "Sage it was wrong. I thought I wanted to be popular, I thought I wanted everyone to love me, but I don't. I just want you to love me. And Winsley and Kilo and Lift and Patch and Rose. I just want my family back. My real one." Sage took a deep breath, carefully leaning himself back against the wall. He let his crutches rest next to him, watching Chloe cry and shake for a moment. She was being honest with him, something he didn't know she was capable of anymore. "You wouldn't be here if he hadn't scared you," he finally said. "But he did. Sage, he did. And he hits me all the time but I told myself it was okay but it's not okay, and after I saw what he did to Winsley..." She blew out a watery breath, and Sage sighed, nodding once. "Alright, come here." Even if she had done so many things wrong, he knew that video was damaging to him, and for her to witness it in person, to love a man who turned into a monster, he was sure it hurt her horribly.

When Sage finally let her in, Chloe collapsed against him, sobbing into his chest as he wrapped his arms around her waist, hugging her close. He rested his chin on her shoulder, noticing Winnie's bright blue hair and then Kilo. They were both facing his direction, both able to easily see what he was doing. He didn't care though. He had made his choice already to forgive her. If he didn't he was no better than the enemy.

Monty watched and listened to Jay, taking a sip from his coffee every now and again. For good measure he nodded occasionally, showing that he was engaged with listening. The poor boy had been suffering through so much stress, especially with the surprise of his own friend becoming a completely chaotic monster. Though he did not agree with the fact that most of Bucky's actions were just 'stupid', he understood that word had a different meaning when it came to Bucky Cypress. Anything that wasn't extreme was extremely out of place, soon to be put back in its 'rightful' place.

He was hesitant as he watched Jay break down unsure of what to do. Never had he seen this boy so broken, yet here he was, crying in front of him, breaking down in the coffee shop as he spoke of his supposed friend. "Hey," Monty spoke in a calm voice, reaching slowly for Jay's hand. "None of what he's done is your fault. You would have gotten hurt as well if you got in the crossfire, which wouldn't be useful to help Winsley." He smiled at Jay, trying to comfort him with his words. "Why don't we head out, we can sit in my car and talk about it, okay?" Slowly he stood up, taking both of their coffee cups, before moving to exit. In one arm he held the cups, while with the other he held on to Jay's hand, pulling him out of the coffee shop. Some people stared as they passed by, though he didn't mind at all. Instead he smiled at anyone that stared, making sure that they didn't continue to stare.

Soon he moved to his car, standing outside of it. Before he decided to move inside it, he turned to Jay, checking up on how he was. "Hey, look at me." He told the younger man, smiling lightly as a comfort. At that moment he had to brush aside his crush, helping Jay through hardships that he was suffering. "It's going to be okay. Winsley and all the others are going to be alright in the end." He didn't say anything about Bucky at that moment, since the boy didn't need to be brought up. Bucky was someone that deserve for jail time for his actions. No one could slip by the law forever, and this fact did not exclude Bucky.
From there he handed Jay his coffee, knowing that by now he would have wanted it back. He took a sip or two from his own, waiting to see how Jay would act or think. Anything they did was all up to him, all up to the one who needed the attention the most.
-
Korren followed him to the car, getting in as he did, sitting there quietly. She wanted to go back to the house, to keep distracting herself from her own thoughts. This however would have to wait. He popped a question that she didn't know how to answer all of the sudden, causing her to turn her head. Out of immediate surprise her cheeks flushed with red pigment, subtly doing so as she looked at him. It would have been easy to say no, to brush the question out of the way and avoid the mess that was Bucky, but that wouldn't have been completely the write answer. Over the past couple days she had been changing her thoughts about him, no matter whether she wanted to her not. Instead of complete hate for him, she had been thinking of the way he acted around her now, that perhaps he really was trying to put his own desires behind him. This she didn't completely believe, though in her heart she wanted to desperately. Still though the voice that whispered inside her told her not to care for him, to avoid anything he did for her, to love Sage. It was a soft whisper though, one that could be easily brushed aside. She turned to him, opening her mouth to speak, to give him an answer. Nothing came out. Korren didn't know what to say. "I..." She started, trying to think of what to say, especially when there was an internal battle in her head. "I don't..." Following that she swallowed hard, unsure of herself anymore. "..but... I-I...sort of...I don't know." She looked down, avoiding his eyes for the moment. Part of her wanted to kiss him, out of longing for comfort, out of wanting to feel loved again, though she held back. She held back for Sage at first, but now she was unsure whether or not she wanted to hold back for him anymore.

As she sat there, she looked back up at Bucky, at the boy she use to love a long time ago. In her heart she felt love for him, then remembered the way he had treated her after a while, of what he told her any time he hurt her. You did this to me, you know that? This is all because of you. The small memory hit her straight in the heart. No matter how much it hurt though, she felt it to be true. He was broken, so very broken. His mother never really loved him, and with being able to do whatever he wanted, he grew up confused. Because of their relationship he had gotten worse, and had been hurting her on purpose, wanting to hurt her. But now, now he was trying to act the way he did before all of that went down, before he hurt her. It was highly possible now that he was trying to fix himself for her.

She reached slowly for his hand, grabbing on to it. There was a beat before she moved closer, moving to hold him. There would be no kissing for now, though she did hold him, wanting to comfort him and herself as well. "I'm sorry." She apologized in general, this time really meaning it. It wasn't so he could stop from doing something to her this time. It was in order to apologize for what she had started, for not wanting to kiss him, for not being able to love him again.
-

Kilo smiled softly for a moment, dropping it soon after. There was no reason to smile, no reason to force it. Even if there was no reason, he'd avoid from playing pretend anyways. He shrugged to her words, unsure whether or not to call her family just yet. Her offer for him to work for money at her own house, doing something he enjoyed. It almost was too good to be true, though he couldn't refuse it. It still went against what he had said, wanting to refuse the offer. He didn't want to take his girlfriends money, though at this point he didn't have much of a choice. Even if he argued to keep his job, by now he doubted that they would let him work for them ever again. Skipping out on his job for so long would have terminated it, and he hadn't been home to get the call. Surely though by now, his mother would know. His mother would be stressed and worried the next time he saw her. Kilo sighed, holding Winnie closer as he thought about all the issues he had to take care of. "Alright." He spoke quietly, gently running his hand over her back. "But this won't be forever. I can't have you paying me to do things, Winnie. It's just not right." He kissed her cheek, pulling back after agreeing. Hopefully he would be able to keep his mother from worrying too much and hand her the money, allow her to pay off rent and get a good meal for a change. For once they could probably get dog food for Chica, rather than giving table scraps and swiping small cans of meat from grocery stores. Then, things could finally turn out to be better for them.

Kilo turned when he heard the elevator open, watching as Sage stepped out. There was someone else with him, however. He froze. Chloe was there with him, and they were... hugging? It was a strange sight, one that he immediately questioned in his mind. He squeezed Winnie's hand real quick, just before moving towards them. Silently he walked, looking at Sage with an arch in his brow. As he moved closer, he noticed that Chloe had been crying. Of course Sage would hold her, though Kilo still held his cool persona around her. He held no love or care for Chloe, not since the way she hurt all of them. Still he questioned as to why Chloe was here, why she was groveling in front of them. She had assisted in the kidnapping of Winsley. Then he thought of something. Perhaps she had Winsley with her, and came to bring her back. His hopes were high in that sense, though he wasn't sure whether or not to trust such an idea. He looked around, looking to see if perhaps Winsley was around anywhere. On a cart going to be fixed up, waiting in a waiting room, or perhaps... perhaps she was in the car. No, she wouldn't have been. Winsley would have been strong enough to pull through, to go in and to see her friends. The fact that he couldn't see her had aggravated him. "Chloe," He spoke in a low voice, trying to keep calm in the situation. His frustration displayed in his eyes, however. It was easy to see that he was not happy with her. "Where's Winsley, hm?" Kilo crossed his arms, expecting an answer from the girl.

As Monty took Jay's hand, he found himself tightening his grip, desiring this comfort more than anything. Jay nodded as Monty suggested they leave, though he didn't completely agree with his argument. Jay deserved to burn. He should have jumped straight into the fire if it meant saving Winsley and yet he hadn't. She could have died. He would have been responsible. His grip tightened on Monty's hand as they stood, a shaky breath falling out of his lungs. People looked at him weird. he wondered if some of them recognized him as Jay Blair, the son of a politician and the star wide receiver and Dawn High School. He wondered if someone was taking a picture of him, if the next time he went back to school he'd be made fun of for having feelings. Surely Bucky would crucify him. He tucked his head down, walking closer behind Monty, trying to hide behind him despite their similar heights and Jay's more muscular build. it was hard to hide behind anything anymore. Even the facade that had been working so well. It was all crumbling down.

Jay had been lost in his own self pity when he heard Monty ask him to look up, and he did. He met his eyes as he brushed his own tears away, taking the coffee cup into his own quaking hands. They didn't grasp the cup long before it slid away and fell to the ground, crashing against the concrete sidewalk and splattering all over the ground and his shoes. A sharp breath left his mouth, not from the heat, but rather from the shock. He looked down at the mess he made. Another mess he couldn't clean up. "I want her to be okay, Monty, but I know I'm just going to keep hurting her." He watched as the coffee slowly began to dry up for a moment, before looking up at him. The tear stains on his face were already fading as he slowly moved his hands up to Monty's shirt collar, glancing around once. He began to wonder if he cared anymore. He certainly did. His reputation was important to him. So important.

But there was no around he knew, and no one around who seemed familiar to him. "I need you," he mumbled, and while a large part of him insisted this was just a quick lay, something deeper prodded at him. He knew that wasn't trust. He needed Monty. He didn't love him and he never would. But he needed him. Maybe this was what friendship was supposed to feel like. Too bad he was about to ruin it by leading the poor guy on. Jay suddenly yanked Monty forward, pressing his lips against his, hoping everything would go according to plan.
-
Bucky waited for her answer. Her hesitation was something he had expected considering how sudden the question was, though her answer was little more than a stumbled excused. While she said I don't know, he knew what it meant. She didn't want to kiss him. If she did she would have just said yes. If there was no doubt then there would be no reason to come up with such a vague answer. It irritated him, and as he sat, holding the steering wheel, his knuckles turned white from how tight he was holding onto it. He didn't look at her, he didn't dare, because he knew if he saw her scared little face he'd smack some sense into her, tell her to stop avoiding the truth, to tell him 'no' so he could make her say yes.

But then she did something odd. She took his hand. Bucky was slightly taken aback by the comfort she gave him, and he stared down at their intertwined fingers, about to say something, when suddenly she was holding him. Then he did something odd. He felt all the fake smiles and the desire to manipulate her fall away. He felt everything wrong with him completely vanish. He wasn't the freak who ruled everyone by fear anymore, he was just a teenager. Just a boy who was confused like every boy was in high school. He was just trying to be loved like everyone in the world was. He didn't feel like Bucky Cypress anymore, and as he leaned against Korren, he hoped he never would again. He hated feeling like himself. He didn't want to be him. It was his most secret thoughts all dripping to the surface because of her gentle touch. And as he sat in the car he wrapped his arms around her, savoring her, hearing apology and knowing even then what it was for. She would never be able to say yes. He didn't want to make her anymore.
-
Sage glanced up at Kilo as he came over to them, tightening his grip around Chloe when he saw the obvious frustration in Kilo's eyes. He was not happy to see her. Sage shouldn't have been either, so then why were his fingers brushing through her hair, why was he hugging her so close? She needed him, and he needed to be the bigger person and protect her. No one deserved Bucky's wrath. Especially not someone who he used to love. When Kilo finally asked the question Sage hadn't even thought of, he looked down at Chloe, who turned her face to look at Kilo. She sniffed quietly, before slowly pushing away from Sage. He kept his hand on her arm as she walked forward, before finally she was too far away and standing directly in front of Kilo. She was trying so hard to be strong, Sage could tell, but he also knew that wasn't going to last. "Kilo, I've really missed you too. I... I don't have Winsley with me, but she's with Jay right now and he's taking care of her." To that, Sage snorted, and Chloe turned to face him. "He is. Sage, he's so good to her and I know she loves him. You gotta let them be."

"That little bitch watched Bucky beat the shit out of her," he hissed, and Chloe sent him a knowing look. So had she. "You're a girl, Chloe, it's different. Jay's on the football team. He could have taken him. You can't." She shook her head, looking back at Kilo. She moved to hold his hand, hoping he would let her, though Kilo had never been as emotional as Sage. He had never let past love or someone's tears shape his next move. "I'm so sorry, Kilo. You have to believe me. I know it took too long for me to realize my mistakes and I know there's a chance you'll never forgive me but I... I want you to at least believe how sorry I am, and how I wish I could take it back."

As Winnie watched Chloe move to talk to Kilo she stood up, walking over to the little reunion, something stirring as she saw Chloe take his hand. "Chlo, what are you doing?" Winnie asked, though she didn't sound angry just yet. She watched as her only friend turned to her, raising an eyebrow. "I was his friend way before you even knew him Winnie, I'm allowed to have some type of contact," her words held more bite than she meant for them too, and Winnie opened her mouth to argue but closed it once more, unable to say anything because Chloe had seen right through her, and she knew the blue-haired girl was far more jealous than she was letting on. Fortunately for her, Kilo wasn't the one she was in love with. Chloe glanced back at Sage, though he didn't seem to mind that she had snapped at Winnie. In fact, if Chloe remembered right, Sage hated Winnie. Of course, their drama didn't matter now. She only hoped she could convince Kilo to forgive her, because she knew that if Sage did and Kilo didn't, it didn't matter. Sage would choose Kilo over anyone, except maybe Winsley.

Monty eyed him with sympathy, watching as the poor young man broke down, dropping his cup onto the ground. It pained him to see Jay like this, to see him so broken now. Winsley seemed so very important to him, and surely she was very important to everyone else as well.

What surprised him was Jay's next move, grabbing hold of Monty's collar and pulling him closer. It was thrilling to think that his dreams would become true, though at a time like this it was rather odd. He figured that for now he would be there to comfort him, to be there for Jay at his time of need. At that moment though he could feel his face flush, hearing words he never thought he would hear, especially from Jay. And then the near impossible happened, with Monty being pulled in for an embrace he'd never expected. At first his eyes grew large, though they softened over time. This was finally happening. At that moment he forgot about Winsley, though surely she would be remembered... later.
He wrapped his arms around Jay, holding on to him as the loving interaction continued, deciding to lean against his car for support.
-
Korren leaned her head against his shoulder as he accepted the embrace, enjoying the comfort that she had longed for. The moment terrified her at first, hesitating because he might have taken advantage of the moment, but yet... he didn't. She held him tighter, not really wanting to let go at that moment. This embrace was okay, and surely Bucky could someday be a genuinely good guy to be with, and maybe that someday was today. Then again, she saw the way he gripped the wheel, the frustration in his eyes. That someday would be farther away from now. He was still frustrated with her, that same look showed hein his eyes when he use to hit her and correct her. It was terrifying to see in him now. Not much had changed, though she wanted and hoped that side of him would go away with her help.
She moved her head up in the middle of the embrace, hesitantly moving in closer. Not to kiss him directly, not right now. Instead she moved to kiss him on the cheek, giving a small but loving peck, before pulling back. It took a lot of her mental strength to manage that. Now she waited for his response, of how he would take it for the moment.
-
Kilo merely looked at her, raising a brow at Sage for holding the girl so close. Of course he'd never lay a hand on a girl, and even if he was frustrated he still wouldn't hurt her intentionally. He allowed her to take his hand, but didn't act upon anything. His gaze was cold as he looked at her, feeling no forgiveness in his heart for the girl. With Winnie by his side, seeming rather annoyed that Chloe was holding his hand, he pulled Winnie close so that he would settle the dispute, though he kept his eyes on Chloe. "Right, I should forgive you when it took you multiple times of harassment against all of us, as well as watching our best friend getting almost beat to death in order to realize what you were doing was wrong. I'll believe you once you help us get our Brit back, but don't expect me to forgive you for what you've allowed to happen to her." He pulled his hand away, stuffing it into his pocket for emphasis. Sage could forgive her all he liked for her crying and being blinded for so long, but he wouldn't until they got Winsley back. So much stress was put on his shoulders for that moment. He let go of Winnie and stepped away from the group. All he wanted was to get Winsley back, and help Sage get his girlfriend back. Still though, just like for everything else, they would have to fight for it.

Last edited:
Jay pulled away after a moment, the crying and the kissing all meshing together to make his breathing far more erratic than he should have been. "How far away is your place?" he asked, moving to trail kisses down Monty' neck. "Maybe we should just get in the back seat. I'm sure no one will notice," he mumbled, his words breathy and slurred as he kissed Monty, not thinking about actions or consequences at this point. He just wanted to live in this moment, away from everything wrong with him and his family and even everything wrong with Winsley. Except there was nothing wrong with her, and the thought made him slow, pausing for a moment, pretending to catch his breath as he rested his forehead against Monty's.

He was thinking, trying to figure out what could possibly be wrong with Winsley to help justify this. He came up empty. She was perfect. She was poor, and she was covered in bruises and she liked to hold onto Jay even when he'd rather turn away and go to sleep but those weren't problems. They just helped create Winsley, his perfect girl. He groaned, moving away from Monty. "Well, fuck," he muttered, looking his friend over. "Your place. Let's do this at your place." He moved to get into Monty's car, not waiting for a reply. He needed the drive to talk himself back into it, to tell himself this would be a good idea all over again. He wasn't going to take no for an answer he just needed a little mental pep talk to get himself up and ready to go.
-
Bucky stayed as close to Korren as possible in that car. He completely relaxed against her, at ease for once in his life. There was no stress to do something or be something for the moment, and then she kissed his cheek and his entire world exploded. Maybe she could love him again after all. His phone buzzed and he slowly untangled himself, checking the message. It was from the hospital. He bit his lip, thinking for a long moment. "Korren, I think I've screwed you up," he finally said, perhaps the most honest thing that had ever come out of his mouth. "And I think you need real help because of that and you deserve real help, you know? Your parents can't just keep saying you're fine and also taping suicide hotlines to your mirror. But that was my fault, wasn't it?" He sighed, running his fingers through his hair, right back in that manipulative mindset though he had hardly noticed the change. It was just far too natural for him.

"I'm taking you somewhere and I don't want you to get mad or scared because it's going to help you get better from me, and all the stupid shit I've done to you- all the horrible things that I- I can't believe I did some of it. I know I'm not a good person but... but you didn't deserve it all, and maybe that's why you can't love me or why you can't stand up to me and tell me how you really feel about things and that's... that's not right." He put the car in drive, starting off. "And I know, here I am doing it again, making decisions for you but this is going to be good for you. You'll get time completely away from me and Sage and everyone. It will just be you and the staff and I don't know, maybe a room mate. A new environment though, where you can work everything out and you don't even have to worry about the repercussions." He stopped talking now, letting that all sink in as he drove, afraid of her reaction. He had originally planned to wait until they got there before saying anything but after that moment he couldn't do that. He had to give her some warning.
-
Winnie watched as Kilo talked to Chloe, for once not feeling comforted as he pulled her against him. She didn't like this. Too much was happening. Chloe looked hurt beyond belief that Kilo would never forgive her, it seemed, and Sage looked annoyed. He opened his mouth, no doubt to argue, but Winnie shot him a glare and for the first time in quite a long time, it made her look terrifying. Sage shut his mouth the moment he saw it, and Winnie walked over to Kilo. "Let me take you home," she said, resting her hand on his back. "Winsley has Jay, and I know you don't trust him but we're not going to change anything today. You need rest, Ty, and a warm bed and some real food. And Chica, I'm sure Chica will give you all the cuddles you need right now."

She thought about smiling, but then changed her mind. It was not the time to smile. "And after you get settled at home I can... I'll leave if you want, so you can be alone and just rest." It hurt to say that, to offer him space. She didn't want to. She wanted to be right by his side the entire time and although she tried to make her voice sound steady when she said that she was sure it sounded a bit sad. But she wanted him to have his time to relax, and if that meant Winnie couldn't be around then so be it.
FlameintheRoses FlameintheRoses

Monty let out a few heavy breaths once Jay pulled away, holding him closer than ever. His suggestions seemed decent enough to act upon. Again they kissed, with him pressing a little more passion into the next kiss before taking a breather, looking into Jay's eyes. Only just a moment ago was he trying to comfort the boy. Never in his life did he think it would come to this, yet here they were. There was something off about Jay though, since his friends seemed to be on his mind. Monty nodded his head at the next suggestion, since Jay seemed to be slightly frustrated at the moment. "Alright." He pulled out the keys for his car and unlocked it just before moving in to the driver's seat. Perhaps it would have been a good thing to pause for a bit from doing such a thing, to take a small break. Monty drove off, taking his time on the road just as any other driver would. At times thoughts about Jay distracted him, forcing him to steel a glance every now and again in the rear view mirror.

It took twenty minutes before finally they arrived to a condo complex. Monty stepped out and opened the door for Jay before walking up to his home, unlocking the door for the both of them. He stepped inside, wanting to give Jay time before they tried something again, and waited for his next move.
-

Korren stayed in his arms, completely entangled in a mess she didn't want to fix for the first time. However, it was Bucky who ended it all. She moved to sit back in the passenger seat, looking down at her hands for a moment. Then she looked up, hearing words that surprised her. He was realizing all he had done to her, and how badly he had messed her up, but where was he going with it? The idea hit her. He was taking her to get help, the help that she didn't want nor need. She stumbled on her own words, choking up on what she wanted to say. Her eyes turned frantic, moving from the window, her lap, then Bucky. "I-I.." There was nothing she could do to fix her words. Had he been planning her trip to a mental hospital? Now she was going to be completely alone without anyone she knows in a strange environment, one she didn't feel like she should be in. "Bucky I'm not crazy. I-I'm fine, I am. Please, don't do it. Don't take me there. I don't belong there." Her words stumbled at a mile a minute, yet she knew that once he had set his mind to something, there was no stopping him. That fact didn't stop her from trying though. "W-what about school? I'm going to fail. I need to keep my grades up. Bucky, please, don't do this." At that point she was on the brink of tears, though she could not let herself to cry. Already she had cried too much, though at that time she could not help it. There was so much thrown upon her, the fact that she wouldn't be able to see anyone she knew or loved for a while.
-
Kilo brushed a hand through his hair, glancing to the side when Winnie approached him. He was just wanting to settle down, to be calm like he always was. At such a stressful time however there was no way he could do that. There was no arguing with Winnie about what he needed as well. She was right about all the things he needed, and surely Chica would have missed him for being gone for so long. "Alright, love." He spoke solemnly, sighing afterwards. The next part he noticed was her offering to leave. It was an offer he wanted to take, just to make sure they had a healthy amount of time away from each other, though at that moment he didn't voice that. "Sage, I'll see you soon." Kilo waved him goodbye, not once sharing eye contact with Chloe. From there he walked off, knowing that Winnie would follow to help take him home. Surely Sage would be able to figure out a ride out of the hospital, and Chloe seemed to be the best bet for him. It wasn't that Kilo was mad at him in any way, though it annoyed him how easily he managed to forgive Chloe, even after all she had done to them. Though of course he would have to understand his friend's decisions soon enough.

Jay moved to sit in the passenger seat, closing the door and waiting with a nervously tapping foot for the car to roar to life. Once it had, his fingers joined in on the tapping, bundles of nervous energy pouring out of him as he stared out at the horizon. Every second of the drive drove him wild, and without Monty's permission he would fidget with the air conditioner and the radio. The sensual music that seemed to play every other station didn't help Jay's mood, and it took all he had not to grab Monty and force him to stop the car, to stop the agonizing pause on their affair. Seconds, however, did manage to turn into minutes, and even though Jay thought they'd never arrive it didn't take but half a moment to park. Time was so strange to Jay. So slow in the breaks and so fast once the break was over.

He almost whimpered when Monty got out of the car. Jay was a young man, a tough football player, the best damn runner the track team had ever seen, and some other person- a guy- was driving him crazier than most girls ever could. He was usually the one driving his lovers slowly insane with lust, not the other way around. Jay slammed the car door on accident, paused his step to apologize, and then decided Monty was about to get all kinds of apologies in the form of Jay's long-awaited release from the world.

Still when they got to Monty's door thought of Winsley's dark, short hair invaded his mind. Her beautiful olive eyes, with their hints of green and grey dancing together, were looking at him. He stood very still, not yet entering Monty's condo. If he stepped inside there was no going back. He focused on those eyes, on her beauty, on the bruises on her body, and on the smile she shared with him through all the pain. Truly, she was so much stronger than Jay could ever dream of being. "Fuck it." he stepped inside and suddenly the image of Winsley disappeared. Jay knew he was a horrible person. He knew he didn't deserve Winsley. He knew he'd do something to screw it up sooner or later. At least sooner would save her the heartbreak- or maybe he was still trying to save himself.

Either way he shoved Monty against the wall, not even pretending to look around. "I need you," he said again, but it was in a much harsher tone than before. He wasn't mumbling or crying or distraught with his own pain anymore. No, he was completely submerged in Monty as he leaned forward to kiss the older boy, and that was perfectly fine with him.
-
Bucky listened. As she fumbled for words and stuttered over herself he found no other choice but to listen. Of course, it was all valid- all true. "I know you're not crazy," he said, his words quiet as he drove, making no attempt to turn around. "And I know you're a million times smarter than me so of course you know you don't need this but I..." his voice trailed off and he went silent, unsure of what to do or say until he could see the hospital. She probably didn't know that building had a room ready for her yet. She couldn't have done it was so close. He rolled up to a red light, pressing the brakes into a smooth stop and staring up at the bright red. Stop. Don't go. Don't do it. She doesn't deserve it.

"Okay." Silence again, directly after such a vague comment. He turned to Korren, a whirlwind of emotions coursing through him. "Just come in with me so they can see you're fine and we'll go home." That would be it. Bucky had more connections the circuit breaker of a home, and of course he could make this happen. He could take her home. They could fall in love. She could cook dinner and go to Harvard and he could play for the NFL. They could get married and have a couple kids. Bucky would be a good dad. He promised himself he'd be a good dad. A terrible person to everyone but his children. Children needed love. Korren needed love. But a different kind. A darker, more twisted kind.

"I don't know why I even did this. I like having you around again, sweet doe." He let out a heavy breath, the light turned green, and he drove on forward. "I like your cooking, and your smile, and your passion, and everything about you and I... I couldn't go without all that." He took a deep breath, turning into the parking lot, making a wide turn into a space. "I couldn't live without you, Korren. And I don't know what that sounds like to you but it's love to me and I shouldn't do this to you. I've done so many bad things to you and I don't wanna do them anymore. I just... I want us to go home and maybe tomorrow we can go to school together, and I'll help you do whatever you need to catch up, and I promise to make sure your grades don't suffer, and when you're studying I'll leave you alone," he was rambling now, trying to paint a picture of a good relationship. Something they both deserved in his mind. "And we can swim together and go on fun, goofy dates, and who cares what you wear? You're always beautiful. And no more parties. I did some fucking awful things at parties that made me do awful things to you. No more. No more of that guy you were afraid of, no more of that guy everyone was afraid of. I promise." He turned to her, reaching his hand out but then hesitating, insteading letting it rest on the console. No more meant he couldn't initiate things if he wasn't positive she'd have a happy reaction. And so he wouldn't do anything yet. He was waiting on her, on his sweet doe, as if it was a year ago and everything was normal.
-
Winnie drove Kilo home. He was in an exhausted state of mind and so she didn't trust him with the keys one bit. So much so she had swiped them yesterday in preparation for leaving. Of course, she had expected Sage to complain about her driving the entire way but no, he forgave and forgot much too quickly, and Winnie had a feeling it was going to hurt his friendship with Kilo. Maybe not in a friendship-threatening way, but Sage was so passionate about the things he cared about she doubted that there wouldn't be a blow up at some point.

When they got to Kilo's home, Winnie led the way into the house, first going to his room to straighten his bed out for him and make sure the covers were pulled back so he could easily slip in and go to sleep. Once that was done to her liking he turned to pet Chica, who wagged her tail before darting off, no doubt to go see Kilo. Winnie smiled gently, before heading into the kitchen, moving into the fridge to pull out some leftovers and make him a plate. She hadn't been over to this house but once, and yet she didn't ask Kilo where anything was. She'd search for hours if that's what it took but she wouldn't disturb Kilo. "You go lay down, I'll bring your food to you. And I'm not leaving till you eat something if that's any incentive for you," she added, her words a bit playful, though it was difficult. She was just as exhausted as Kilo, though not quite as hungry. They spent a few nights in the hospital, one at her place, one at Kilo's, and then separated.

She didn't like sleeping alone anymore, always scared someone would burst into her room and harm her the way half the football team had, and so she hugged a teddy bear close to her chest and cried and pretended that Kilo's scent meant he was in the room. She had kept one of his tee shirts, putting it on the moment he took it off so he couldn't take it with him. It one of the few moments she had tried to be fun and bring a smile to his face over the past week of turmoil.

The microwave dinged and she pulled the plate out, making sure everything was hot enough before finding an old tray, setting plate, some silverware, and a napkin on it before pouring him a glass of ice cold water to wash it all down. This was just what he needed, and since she hadn't actually cooked the meal it would most definitely be good. She turned, moving to carry it to him, just wanting to be there for him. To be good to him like he had been good to her. She hoped it was enough, even if deep down she knew it wasn't.

When Jay entered the room, he was rather surprised with his entrance. Not more than an hour ago he had been saddened by the troubles and pain of the present, and yet here he was, pressing to make them two into a reality. Not once did he think of how this might ruin any relationships, what with being caught up in a predicament. They both were in too deep in to turn back now. He sunk into the kiss, moving his arms around Jay to hold him close, initiating the start of something he never thought could happen in reality.

A kiss and a few hours later, the two laid down in bed, with an exhausted yet happy Monty. By lying there he kept hold of Jay's hand, wrapping an arm around him comfortably. He sighed, content with the situation, content with Jay. All the while his eyes were closed, while his breathing caused his chest to slowly rise and fill. Out of spite he moved to place a soft kiss on Jay's cheek, holding him close. Nothing could ruin their time together, not now anyways.
-

It made her nervous, the drive. Not the fact that Bucky was leading her to where she didn't want to go, but the thought of going in the first place. She kept her eyes trained on Bucky as they drove, as he tried to work things out in his head. A shaky breath sucked in and pressed out from her lungs and behind her lips. She tried to settle down, to calm herself after all the information given. His words of a perfect relationship afterwards.He still was lost, and surely he needed her help through a confusing time now more than ever. The mention of what they could do normally settled her down, made her blush by the fact of him complimenting her. There would be no more partying and no more harassment. It would just be the two of them living their life. A single thought of Sage popped into her mind, though was quickly smudged out by all he had done.

With Bucky reaching out for her hand, she reached out as well, taking her time in encircling his hand in hers, lightly intertwining her nimble fingers between his. "Okay." She said calmly, moving with her free hand to clear away any waterworks that tried to spring out. For a minute she held onto his hand, working up her nerves to go into the hospital.

When she was ready, she opened the passenger door and moved out of the car, standing by it. The sun was setting, and soon enough they would be on their way to his house again, or at least, that's what she had hoped. With scars marking her wrists and shoulders however, she didn't know what to expect. Subtly she pulled her sleeves down, making sure that her wrists wouldn't show. There would be no chance of leaving if they saw what was done to her in the past.
-

Kilo obliged, moving along to the car and sitting down in the passenger's seat as Winnie took the wheel. At their arrival he moved inside and sat down for a moment on the couch, sighing in relief of being home again. Clicking against the floor indicated Chica's presence, trotting into his room to where Winnie was, before moving back to the living room. The medium sized dog huffed out a breath in excitement and jumped up on the couch next to him, persistently squeezing in to lick his chin and cheek. "Yes, hello, Chica." He chuckled out, pulling the dog over his lap while she squirmed and wagged her tail, not wanting to sit still for a moment. "I missed you too, pup." With one hand he brushed over her fur, patting it down as she continued to display her affection.

It was when Winnie entered the room and told him to go rest did he stand up, though he took his time, carefully picking up Chica and cradling her in his arms. "Alright, love, but you make sure to give Chica some extra love before you do." He took careful steps, strolling over to his room and placing Chica down on the large bed, setting her next to where he would sleep. A small smile slipped onto his lips as he watched the dog, laying sprawled across the bed with no shame in taking up as much space as she good. "You're so spoiled, you know that?" He whispered to the pup, patting her stomach a few times before bending down to kiss her temple.

A few minutes passed before he saw Winnie walked over to him, carrying food and a glass of water. "Thank you, love. I don't know what I'd do without you." He slowly stood up, taking the tray and placing it down on his nightstand to relieve her of it, before turning back to her. It had to have been hard for her to witness his struggles like this, and to be there to see his frustrations. That was who he was, though, and he wouldn't change that fact, even for Winnie. Something was caught in her eyes though, something sad. He moved his hands to hold onto hers, looking down into the eyes that he fell in love with. "Hey," The first word came out soft, quiet even. "Whatever you're thinking about, it's gonna be okay, alright? You can call or text me whenever, and Dalton is always gonna be there for you as well." He moved to hold her in an embrace, to encircle her with the attention she most likely needed. Someday he hoped that it would be easier for them to separate and do their own thing, though that would take time and patience, as well as persistence.

Jay felt reality snap back into him when Monty kissed his cheek. It was a small sign of affection, but then, that was the problem. It was affectionate. And then he wrapped an arm around Jay, and the younger boy began to feel quite sweaty in the situation; nerves fumbled around his insides and made it hard to breathe. "Monty," Jay said gently. It was almost a warning, and yet still Jay didn't move out from his grasp. It was comforting, being held. He always held Winsley but for someone to just hold him... God, it was nice. He closed his eyes, trying to exhale deep enough to loosen the nerves that were threaten to break from tension.

"Monty, you know I love Winsley, right?" he said gently. "I... I don't want to move from this- from us- not right now. But eventually I'll have to." He squeezed eyes a little tighter shut, holding his breath once more, terrified that Monty would kick him off the bed and tell him to never come back. Jay was selfish. He always had been. He always put his own feelings above everyone else's. He had done it with Monty just now. His love for Winsley was much more important than Monty's fantasies in that moment, but it didn't mean Jay wanted to leave just yet.
-
Bucky led the way into the facility, stopping at the front desk and leaning against it slightly as a woman looked up at him, a bored expression on her face. "Can I help you?" she asked, obviously attempting to fake a smile. "I'm here about Korren Csholm. I checked her in but I've changed my mind." The woman looked at him, laughed, then turned back to her computer screen. "You can't just change you mind. Even Bucky Cypress has rules." She began typing, and Bucky rolled his eyes, pulling his wallet out of his back pocket. "Okay, how much?" he asked. "Excuse me?" Bucky pulled out five hundred dollars. "Take her name off the list." He dropped it on the woman's keyboard.

"You can't bribe me, Mr. Cypress. You checked her in for suicidal possibility and overall mental health damage from abuse. Unless you were lying to us- which is probably a federal offense- we can't uncheck her out." Bucky dropped another five hundred dollars down. "That's a grand. It's all the cash I got on me." The woman shook her head. "Take it back. I'm not-"

"Ten grand, then. Twenty, even. Just uncheck her out. I'll convince your boss to give you a raise." He sounded slightly desperate now, and the woman looked at him first, then behind him. Unbeknownst to Bucky, she had been typing a message to security as well as a doctor. The doctor showed up first, and she nodded towards Korren. Bucky watched him walk up to her, and scowled. "Hey! Give her space. You're not taking her-"

"Mr. Cypress, please do not yet yell in my lobby." The doctor grabbed Korren's arm, accidentally pulling her sleeve up as he attempted to drag her away. Bucky rushed over, shoving the doctor away from Korren, positively seething, but it was too late. The scars were quite noticeable to the doctor. "She's harmed herself. We can't let her leave." Bucky blinked once, confused, before looking down at her arm."Shit," he breathed out, knowing it was him who had done that to her. "No, no, she didn't do that it was..." me. And then once again he'd be in cuffs because hurting someone was illegal. He bit his lip, looking between Korren and the doctor. "Korren, let's go. Come on." He tried to rush her out of there, but security had shown up now, and they blocked the exit. "Get Mr. Cypress outside. I think he needs some fresh air," the woman said, and even as they grabbed at him, Bucky rushed to fight. He was nothing against three security guards but he certainly tried. "Do you know who I am? I'll have this place shut down! I'll have you all fired, let me go!" Bucky struggled roughly, looking towards Korren. "Just go, come on," he hissed, but a doctor had already grabbed her arm. He was holding on far too tight. That made Bucky furious, but before he could say much else, he had been dragged out the door by security. Korren was stuck on the other side. The three guards made a barrier he couldn't get through, but still he struggled to pass them. "Sir, if you don't leave we'll have to arrest you," one said, but still he struggled, knowing Korren could see him still, knowing she was right inside. He had to get to her. But he couldn't.
-
Winnie hugged Kilo close for a moment, happy to hear he would always be there for her. But she knew she couldn't take advantage of that right now. Winsley had been so brutally ripped out of Kilo's life that she couldn't ask to lean on him. She didn't even have a real reason to at that point. Carefully, she moved away, grinning up at him as she rested her hand on his cheek. "Don't worry about me, Ty. I'll be just fine." Winnie honestly didn't know if that that was true or not, and she doubted her eyes were as convincing as her smile. She kept it there, on her face, plaster to hide the frown. "You just promise me that you'll get some rest. I want you to sleep twelve hours straight, and I want you to take a bubble bath, and watch whatever you want to. You need the 'me-time' more than anyone. And if you want to talk to me you always can, but even I would rather talk to Chica than my girlfriend." She laughed lightly, turning to the dog and scratching behind her ear. "Aren't you a good girl? You keep Tyler safe for me, okay?" She kissed the top of Chica's head, before moving and patting Kilo's shoulder. "I'm gonna walk home. I left the keys on the counter, but no driving. You are not allowed to leave this house unless you're going to a spa."

Winnie stood on her tip-toes and gave Kilo a quick peck, lingering in that moment before finally letting her heels thud against the floor. "And you're not going to school tomorrow either. Don't even think about it. I'll go get our makeup work in the morning and you better sleep in." Winnie turned towards the door, starting to leave, but she paused in the doorframe. "I love you, Tyler. I'll see you later."

Monty relaxed there for a moment before hearing Jay's voice pipe up, sounding calm, yet, there was a hint of warning in them. There was a beat of silence that filled the room, and not the good kind. It made him slightly worry, and the words that followed after... well, they didn't help either. They reminded him of Winsley, of the fact that those two were a thing. His heart sank low in his chest. "Oh... right." He spoke softly, holding a hint of disappointment. Slowly he pulled himself away from the boy, To think that Jay would ever truly love him was a bit of a stretch. Especially when he loved Winsley... A thought hit him rather hard, forcing him to lose his breath. Did he just...? He assisted in Jay cheating on Winsley.

Monty didn't directly kick the boy off, though subtly he distanced himself from him. Realization of the horrible thing that he had been a part of only further set in. Poor Winsley would someday find out, and it would be all his fault for accepting an offer from Jay so selfishly. The feeling in his gut only sunk down further. Since the realization, he didn't say a word, and refused to look in Jay's direction. Instead he settled down on his side of the bed, pulling the covers around himself to completely cover his body. He would need some time to think, especially after what they had done.
Moments later he spoke softly, nerves clear in his voice. "You should go check on her." There was nothing else on his mind than of that seemingly wonderful young woman and the infidelity he commit with Jay. Guilt would hang over his head for many days or weeks, surely.
-
Korren followed inside with a tinge of nerves to her, her heart sunken close to her stomach already. As they entered, she took slow, unsure steps behind Bucky towards the desk. The exchange started of rocky, and only seemed to get worse. Her throat was dry at that point, disabling her from speaking. At that moment she wanted to say something, to move and convince Bucky to stop trying to bribe the lady, to just leave and they could run from this place. There was an issue with that plan- well, more than one, though in the end that didn't matter anyways. She flinched when the doctor grabbed her arm, quickly pulled her sleeve down, and glanced to Bucky quickly after the doctor was shoved off. Out of fright of staying in the hospital she followed behind Bucky. They were stopped. Korren felt trapped, terrified. They knew of the scarring, but they didn't know the story. Surely they believed what Bucky had told them as well, that she was mentally unstable.

Before long the fighting solved nothing, only digging them deeper into a pit. Her breathing was starting to pick up, and the fact that the doctor was latching on to arm rather tightly didn't help one bit. Restraint wasn't good. "No, no." She whispered out, her voice quiet and her vision becoming hazy. Everything around her spun in circles. Voices blurred together, becoming practically unintelligible as she was being dragged off. Her whole body fell weak, leaving her to stumble while being pulled along. "L-let go. Stop it, I-I don't- I'm not- I'm not..." Balance was being lost, as well as all of her control. The entry way to the hospital started becoming smaller and smaller, until finally they disappeared behind two large doors that closed behind her and the doctor. Her worst nightmare had come true, since she would now be completely alone with people she didn't know or trust. Still her breathing kept frantic, while her eyes tracked the walls, turning from left to right. Panic made it difficult to see and difficult to breath. Anything that the doctor told or asked her was a blur and went unanswered. She didn't know what was going to happen, and was scared of the endless possibilities of what would happen.

-

Kilo let go when she moved away, looking into her eyes with such love. He could tell in her eyes that she wasn't completely okay, though right then he just wanted her to go home and be with Dalton and at least have some family time there. Perhaps it would be better if he left them alone for a little bit, just before he came back again to see them. Besides, he needed to be with his family right then as well.

He listened to her the whole time, nodding his head, including a soft smile in the mix. "I love you too, doll." By the end there was a quick pack, before she moved away, saying she was... walking? "Woah, woah. I don't think you should be walking, especially around this neighborhood. It's dangerous. Call Dalton and ask him to pick you up." He stated this out front as a general warning, not wanting such a pretty girl like her to be walking around in such a dangerous atmosphere. Anything could happen in his side of the neighborhood. "Just stick with me until Dalton gets here, alright?" He moved to place his food on the coffee table, then moved back to grab Chica as well. After setting her down on the couch, he moved over to Winnie, grabbing hold of her hand and pulling her along to the couch. Kilo settled down on the couch space next to Chica, who was lying down already, squished up on that side of the couch. However, as soon as Kilo sat down, she moved her front paws and head onto his lap, wagging her tail all the while. "Good girl," He whispered to the pup, running a hand over her head and neck all the while. Slowly the dog crawled across his lap and over to Winnie, that way she laid on the both of them. Kilo managed a chuckle, before reaching for his food. "She likes to be all over people. Hope you don't mind a hundred pound lap dog." With that he took a bite, leaning back with plate in hand to make sure he ate. Even if his stomach wasn't up for it he would still eat if it meant to stay healthy for his friends and his own wellbeing.

Last edited:
Jay laid there for a long time, feeling Monty pull away. It was a slow tug, moving inch by inch until Jay's fingertips barely brushed against his flesh. And then the older boy was cocooned on the other side of the bed, and Jay looked over to him, frowning slightly. "Monty," he said, his voice gentle as his friend tried to get rid of him. He understood in that moment- the guilt, because Jay felt it too.

He turned, moving closer to the man who obviously wanted to put as much distance between them as possible, resting his forehead against Monty's as he hovered above him. "This isn't your fault. Please, please, promise me you'll listen to me right now. You are a great guy, and you've done nothing wrong. This was my decision, my choice, my own stupid problem. And you know what? If not with you, it would have been someone else. But I'm glad it was you, Monty. I'm so glad I have this with you, but It's not your fault," Jay repeated, before moving to sit up. "And... and I can't go to her anyways because I have football practice. But I don't wanna go. I just wanna be here with you, away from- from everything. Because it's easier here." He took a deep breath, closing his eyes, trying to relax. "Monty, I need to go to practice, but I'm not leaving until you promise me you won't feel bad for my mistakes." He took Monty's hand in both of his, squeezing gently, looking over the older boy in hopes he could let this go. Jay was selfish and he always had been and he always would be, but it didn't mean he liked to hurt the people he cared about, and so he'd try and fix this moment with Monty, and maybe one day, he could fix this moment with Winsley too.
-
Bucky waited until Korren was out of eyesight before he stopped struggling. When he was sure she wasn't breaking out in a any form he took a few steps back, letting the rage he had mustered up begin to dissipate. A dark chuckle left his lips and he looked at the two security guards with a beautiful smirk on his face. "I think we fooled her with our little show," he said, brushing the sleeves of his jacket off. "Now she thinks I'm fighting for her to get out of here, right boys?" Both security guards laughed, and Bucky turned, starting for his car. He sat in the driver's seat, his smirk faltering only slightly when he thought of how she had held him in the car. Even then it had all been planned out. Somehow, he would tell her early, somehow she would convince him to keep her from it, and somehow he would do everything in his power to keep her away from the asylum and fail. It was all one big show- except for that moment in the car. The moment he thought everything could fall away and they could truly be together. The moment she held him and he was no longer Bucky Cypress, the boy with a reputation, but just her strong buck. That moment had been one of the best in eighteen years of life. How pitiful, but how true.

He finally turned away from the passenger seat he had been staring at, before backing out. Tomorrow he would come back to visit her, and hopefully by then she'd be somewhat more brainwashed, so he could stop asking her if she loved him. He was sick of maybe's and I don't know's. He just wanted yes. And after a few days in her own personal hell, he knew he would get it.
-
Even as they moved to sit down together, Winnie frowned slightly. "Tyler, you need rest in your own bed. Just go lay down and eat, I'll wait out here for Dalton." She sent him a quickly text to come get her, before setting her phone down for now and smiling as Chica rested on both their laps. Despite what she had said, Winnie moved to cuddle up next to Kilo, laying against his side with her fingers playing with the hem of his shirt. She squeezed it gently, before finally letting go, closing her eyes and relaxing against him. "Good girl," she mumbled, her hand running over Chica's soft coat. For a moment she pictured herself staying for a few days, living with Kilo as they practically had been for the last week. she wanted to stay so bad, but she knew Kilo needed to be alone and rest. "Can you promise me something?" Winnie went quiet for a long time, trying to formulate the right words for her question. She wanted to ask him to promise her that they would always be together. But it didn't seem right anymore. It didn't seem like the time. She couldn't ask that of him when he was so low. "Promise me you'll eat right," she finally said, changing her tactic entirely, hoping the hesitation wasn't too obvious. "I know you haven't been, and so does Sage. If you don't do it for me, then do it for him. Three square meals. Pinky promise." She held up her pinky, looking up at him expectantly with a soft smile. Nothing that was truly joyful, but something that was hopeful at least, that one day everything would be okay again.

Monty almost flinched to move away, to avoid Jay entirely for that moment in order to let reality, along with his guilt, sink in. It was enough that he had commit such a thing, and the last thing he wanted was to be the reason that Winsley felt unhappy in any way. Yet still he felt Jay's presence, with their foreheads connecting as he spoke, trying to settle him down. A knot caught in jus throat, not wanting to allow himself to feel okay with any of this, because it wasn't okay. Even if Jay tried to make it sound special that Monty had been the one wih him, it still wasn't right.
Before he knew it his hand was in between Jay's, with his own eyes turning up to the dark green eyes that he had always admired. Of course he couldn't refuse to promise such a thing, though that didn't mean his promise would be kept. He let out a shaky sigh, slowly nodding his head. "I'll try my best." Monty moved to sit up, his legs dangling off the side of the bed. For a moment he sat there looking down at his feet, contemplating his decisions. In front of Jay he had to keep strong, to pretend that things were fine and that this wasn't his own fault, even if it partially was. After that small moment he took a breath and stood up, moving to get dressed. That day he would have a day off, and surely he would want to spend it alone once Jay left.
-
After being practically dragged, Korren finally was left off inside of a room, being moved over to the bed and set down. The doctor told her to relax, yet there was no way she could. Many questions zipped through her mind, wondering if Bucky would come back as soon as he could. If he would protect her from this place, but it didn't seem like he could. Once the doctor left the room and locked the door, she held her knees close to her chest. In the corner of the room there was a camera, hidden from her view so that security could watch over her. The doctors had set a list of what she could and could not do by the bed side. She turned to the note and picked it up, reading over the contents on the page.

Dear Korren Csholm,

Here are the list of many rules you must abide by. Any actions performed against this list will hold its own individual consequence.

-Patients must not obstruct any property in the room. Anything destroyed will be added to the bill of said patient.
-Each patient will be watched at all times, checked on at occassion by the doctors. Bathroom time must be one minute or less, as not to cause any disturbances, or lead to any suspicions of unusual behavior.
-All patients are not allowed to possess technology to contact those outside of the hospital, though patients may request a call at least once a week.

-Visiting hours are decided by guardians and doctors out of the protection of the patient.
-Certain metal objects such as knives, forks, pens, or anything that may be used to harm another or oneself is not allowed in the patients' possession.

Any questions may be answered by the staff and faculty. Counseling is held for individuals at a scheduled time of day for two hours. Enjoy your stay of rejuvenation and healing!

An unintelligible signature was printed at the bottom, presumably the owner of the hospital. Korren set the paper down, wrapping her arms around her legs. There were so many restrictions in this place, and without contact she was all alone. Quietly she sobbed, not moving from that single spot. In that moment she actually missed Bucky. In fact, she missed holding him, talking to him, helping him cook, and being around him. She missed the boy she use to love, and contemplated in trying to love him again. Surely he could get her out of there, and then she wouldn't have to be alone again. For now however, her room filled with sobs. Sounds of clicking shoes in the hallway were the only thing that interrupted, however they did not approach her. If only they would. No wonder they thought her to be depressed, to be suicidal. On occasion the latter was true, especially now.

-
Once done with his meal, he set his plate down on the coffee table, taking slow movements as not to disturb Chica. The moments with her and Winnie on the couch were relaxing. With the weight of his companion and Winnie leaning against him, his heart settled down. For the longest moment he listened to Winnie, to her ask something of him and pause to think about it. Something was on her mind, yet instead she traded her words to promise over eating properly. He smiled at her, deciding to blow it off. With a small chuckle he wrapped his pinkie with hers, locking them together. "I promise." He moved to peck her cheek, locking their hands together, leaving an open hand to pet Chica, who had calmed down after a bit. "And soon we'll get our Brit back, and everything will be okay. I just hope Sage can get-" He stopped himself, already starting to feel stressed out again. A sigh escaped his lips, while his eyes slowly closed. "That's gonna have to wait though, I guess." Kilo leaned his head against the back of the couch, sinking into the cushions. He moved his arm to be around Winnie, hoping that she would be a helpful comfort. Exhaustion fell over him, yet it would take some time to fall asleep. At least for now though he shut his eyes and tried i his hardest to just rest.

Jay watched Monty's mannerisms as he spoke, though he didn't like what he was seeing. Monty seemed upset still, or unwilling to move the guilt away from himself. Jay let out his own sigh, watching Monty stand up and leave him, before staring down at the bed. "I'm sorry," he mumbled, holding the blankets tighter to him. He could see Monty trying to be strong but the way he had breathed out... so shaky. Jay knew. He felt tears in his eyes all over again. He was ruining everything. He couldn't save Winsley. He couldn't be good to Monty. He really was a horrible person, and that thought was so embedded in his mind, he doubted anyone could dig it out.

He blinked his tears back, moving off the bed to pull on his jean, grabbing his shirt and staring at it for a moment. He didn't want to go to practice anymore. He didn't want to be away from Winsley, to hurt her like this. Quickly, Jay yanked his shirt back on, before walking towards the door. He didn't say goodbye. His throat was all choked up anyways, and he doubted he could get the words out. He left quickly though, walking back to Winsley's.

It took all of the time it would have originally taken him to get to practice, but he made it. He panted slightly as he slipped inside Chloe's house, walking up to the guest bedroom. "Winsley," he called, letting her know he was home before pulling the door open. "Hey, babe." He smiled at her, his guilt fluttering away into relief. He was back with her. He was safe from all his sins, from all his horrible traits, as long as he was with her. "I figured they could stand to live without me for a practice or two. Besides, I'd much rather be here." He walked over to the bed, crawling over Winsley and kissing her sweetly before moving to flop down next to her, moving to hold her hand, glad to have his anchor next to him. If only he had never left.

"Wins, I want to get you out of here today." He knew it'd look bad, but he couldn't bare the idea of Bucky coming over again, of him hurting her again, and with Korren leaving it was only a matter of time now. He squeezed her hand. "Just tell me yes and I'll take you to my home," he said, his voice quieter now as he looked over at her, waiting for her answer.
-
Winnie rested against Kilo as he wrapped his arm around her, kissing his chin and relaxing completely against him. "Don't worry, Ty. Everything's going to be okay. Sage is one of the craziest people I know, including myself," she laughed lightly, resting her hand back against Kilo's chest. "If anyone can do it, he can." She closed her eyes, feeling her body begin to shut down in a gentle wave, feeling her mind grow fuzzy with sleep. She was drifting off easily since she had Kilo's embrace to keep her warm, and chica's smooth fur to comfort her. It was all so dreamlike. She could see them, as she drifted off, her and Kilo in a house of their own, living together, being with one another every day, with a big yard for Chica too. It was all painting into a beautiful picture when A knock at the door startled her awake.

She sat up, her hand on Kilo's chest tightening into his shirt fabric as she looked over the couch. "Oh," she muttered, her voice quiet and sad. "Dalton's here." She stretched, moving to push herself up off the couch. 'You go sleep in your bed, okay, love? Get real comfy." She leaned down and kissed him softly, before heading over to the door. She didn't want Dalton to take her away from Kilo. She needed Kilo, and he needed her- didn't he? Her breathing altered slightly as she reached for the front door. It wasn't a panic attack though, just fear. A terrible fear that Kilo didn't need her. That he'd be perfectly fine without her. What if she left today and didn't come back? He'd be able to move on much faster than Winnie could ever dream for herself. She bit her lip, opening the door. Dalton grinned down at her, though faltered at her expression. "Hey Winnie. Hope she didn't give you too much trouble, Kilo," he called, trying to lighten the mood, to make a joke. Winnie blinked, huffing once and shoving past him, moving to wait in the car. Dalton rose an eyebrow but didn't go after her, instead walking inside to go check on Kilo. "Hey son, you need anything before I go? Winnie's been on about how you haven't been keeping up with yourself lately. Normally, I'm convinced she's overreacting but you do look tired."

Monty moved only when Jay had left the house, moving to prepare food himself and himself alone. A shaky breath fell from his lips as he thought of the consequences of what they had done. There was no fixing what was broken. Both of them had acted selfishly in the moment, and it was because of Monty that it was allowed to happen. All he wanted to do was help Jay, and in the long run he only selfishly hurt Winsley. Coffee broiled in the coffeemaker, the drink that would keep him alert and hopefully distracted, especially with all that happened.
-
Winsley perked up at the sound of a door being opened, frightened by it. Without knowing who it might have been, she laid there completely still, almost silent with the exception of her breathing. Thankfully she didn't have to hold this for long after hearing a familiar voice: Jay. A smile spread across her face as she watched him enter the room, accepting and appreciating his comforting presence. It was odd of him to come back to her instead of go to practice, but she didn't question it. Being alone had taken a toll on her, what with being alone and listening to each unfamiliar creak in the house, keeping an anxious eye and ear out for any unfamiliar people. Now she didn't have to worry though, not with Jay there.

She returned the kiss, holding on to his hand when he flopped next to her to lay with her, smiling all the while. "I missed you, Blue. Glad you could come back." Winsley scooted closer to him, taking her movements slow and steady as she curled up next to him. It was then that she heard what he had proposed, her eyes widening in surprise. They could leave now. "Yes.. yes!" She spoke out, a wide grin on her face. They were going to get out of there. She was finally going to be safe again. Tears struck her eyes in pure joy of the thought. Her mother must have been worried sick of her being gone for this long. Surely her friends would be too, and with Sage knowing of the hits she took he must have been worried the most. One hand moved to clear away any tears, a watery smile sticking like glue to her lips. "Thank you, thank you, Jay."

As much as it hurt, she moved to hug him, to press herself against him, just before moving for a kiss. It was gentle and filled with so much joy, leaving a permanent smile on her lips. Now she could be happy, and now she could see her family again without worry of death in her wake.
-
Kilo listened in silence, his eyes staying closed in order to keep trying to drift off. Once he nodded his head to agree with her, relaxing into the couch. There were a few minutes of silence, with them both drifting off together. A loud knock interrupted the moment however, leaving Kilo to lift his head up. It must have been Dalton, since who else would it have been. He turned to Winnie, softly smiling at her with her last request, allowing one last kiss. "Alright, in a minute, doll." He yawned out, slowly standing up to stretch. Bones popped in his body, though it left a refreshing feeling over him. Kilo let out a sigh, turning to see Dalton at the door. By now Chica had gotten up to greet the man, jumping up once or twice, her tail wagging back and forth. He shook his head with a smile at the joke Dalton made, even if Winnie seemed bothered by it. Kilo didn't ever fully understand why she was acting that way, yet wasn't in a hurry to find out. He crossed his arms as he stood there, watching Chica wiggle about trying to kiss the man.

The question that broke through sounded from concern, a fatherly one that he's never experienced. "Oh, yeah no, I'll be fine, sir. Just gotta get some rest, might go to the gym later. Nothing a good workout can't fix." He kept his smile, moving to pet Chica whenever she ran back to Kilo to check up on him after trying to smother Dalton. The interaction felt normal, something he enjoyed to experience after every time something crazy happened at Winnie's house, especially with her brother. That boy surely had issues, ones that he wished he could help with, though sadly without willingness to get help, there would be nothing Kilo could do.

Jay grinned as Winsley lit up at the idea of them leaving together. He kissed her once more, before sitting up. "We gotta make it look like you ran out on your own though, so give me a second." Jay stood, heading into the connecting bathroom and grabbing the blowdryer, taking a moment to think about what he was doing, about if this was really a smart idea, before smashing it against the locked window. It shattered instantly. Jay didn't think this time, only pressed his arm against some of the jagged glass and yanking it back, effectively cutting his arm and leaving a little bit of blood on the floor and window. It was convincing enough to him and at least if Bucky questioned it Jay could always make the point that he wouldn't have bothered to go out the window if it was him ushering her out.

He swiped the extra blood off his arm, pulling his jacket sleeve down to mask it for now, before heading back over to Winsley. He scooped her up in his arms, trying to be careful yet quick. By now Bucky would notice Jay wasn't going to be at practice, and he might have half the sense to come looking for him too. "Alright, babe, I'm sorry if I'm hurting you." Jay started for the front door, haphazardly reaching to yank it open before carrying Winsley out to his car. "I have to go to practice though for this to work. Bucky can't think I did this. Celeste is home, though, and she'll keep you company," he explained, realizing that he had to have some sort of alibi during her escape. "You guys can stay in my room and she'll probably want to do your hair again." He carefully set Winsley in the passenger seat, buckling her up before closing the door and heading over to his side. He sat down, starting the engine. "My parents will be home before I get there, but don't worry, Celeste will keep you hidden. She's super great at covering for me."

When Jay got to his house he picked Winsley up out of the car, carrying her inside. It was just at the stairs that Celeste popped up, a grin on her face. "Jay bird! You brought Winsley!" she cheered, until she noticed bruises. "Jay..." her voice trailed off weakly. "Did you do that?" Her voice was small, frightened, and all too familiar with the idea of someone being beat. Jay quickly shook his head. "I'd never hit anyone, Celeste, you know that," he said, and she all but deflated with relief. "Well okay, what happened Winsley? Are you okay?"
-
Bucky was in the locker room getting dressed when he realized Jay still hadn't arrived. Being the coach's favorite, Bucky tended to run a little late sometimes, and being Bucky's best friend, Jay would too. But Jay had never been this late before, and it started to make the quarterback suspicious. He checked his phone, only to find no messages, and narrowed his eyes at it. Jay always told him when he wasn't going to make it so Bucky could sweet talk the coach into not caring. What was going on?

Bucky got onto the field, not bothering to put his padding on just yet. "Hey coach, something's wrong with Jay's car. Mind if I go pick him up?" he asked, thinking the excuse sounded good enough. The coach turned to Bucky, pausing in thought, before nodding once. "You both have to stay an extra thirty minutes though," he said, and Bucky nodded. "Alright, I'll be back as soon as I can." And with that Bucky jogged over to the parking lot. It was time to find out where Jay really was.
-
Dalton listened to Kilo, not fully believing him though he didn't want to push the young man too much. Winnie hadn't given him all the details, he was sure, but he knew Sage was in the hospital and another friend was hurt. Though anything more specific became a blur of fumbles and random details about Kilo. Winnie had never been a good liar but Dalton had never pushed her when he knew she was lying. She had enough stress on her shoulders without worrying about talking herself into trouble all the time. "Well, alright, Son, just don't push yourself too hard. And if you need anything, you just give me a call, okay?" Dalton patted Kilo's shoulder, offering him a small smile before turning to leave. It was then he caught a glance into their kitchen. A small kitchen. He frowned slightly, suddenly realizing the house was not just small on the outside, but also the inside. Too small, maybe, for a family.

Dalton turned to lean against the wall casually. "Hey, Kilo, you know, I've been looking for a personal chef lately. Winnie can't cook- as we all know," he chuckled. "And I happened to taste some of the things you've made before. It's 50 bucks and hour with a guaranteed 8 hour day even if it doesn't take 3 hours to cook a meal." Dalton had never truly been looking for a chef, but it certainly was a better option than Winnie's cooking or microwave dinners. And besides, he was growing his client basis. He could afford it. "That's about a hundred grand annual salary, and of course if you cook on weekends I'll add those in."

He took a breath, standing a bit straighter. "You won't start till you get yourself some rest and you're not worrying about your friends anymore, though. I don't want you worrying about work and whatever shit's going on right now that Winnie won't tell me about. Just say yes, and we'll consider this week "training" so I can still pay you." Dalton smiled, offering his hand for Kilo to shake. Of course there was a chance he wouldn't take the deal, but Dalton figured he would. Car washers didn't make 50 dollars an hour, after all.

Winsley watched with each movement he made, disappearing into the bathroom to set something up. Glass crashed in there, causing her to jolt. A few moments later Jay exited the bathroom, moving to quickly pick her up. Aches in her body disagreed with the movements, but she couldn't argue with escaping. She bit her lip, making sure any painful sound was kept in, replaced with a hiss of air.

For the trip to the house she laid back in the seat, keeping her hand over her stomach, where most of the bruises were. She nodded to what Jay said, leaning back with a smile on her face. They were going to be safe and sound in his home, with his sister staying to protect her. Winsley closed her eyes for the rest of the ride, relaxing for the first time in a few hours.

When they arrived, she laid back in Jay's arms as he carried her inside, meeting at the stairs with Celeste. Her smile only brightened, seeing the excitement on the little girl's face. All the sudden it turned into fear after seeing the bruises. Worry fell over her, for this little girl seeing such wounds and questioning if Jay did it. Her question left her smile to falter, though she managed to cut in with an answer before Jay could answer her. "Ain't it obvious? I fought a bear! It almost won, but dang did I fight it. Scared it off just by my good looks and muscles." Winsley spoke as clearly as she could, moving to flex no matter how much at hurt. For the sake of Celeste she hid how much pain she truly was in. After "flexing", she moved to hold out her hand for Celeste to grab, to comfort the little girl. "Nothing a little pixie dust can't fix, hun."
-
Kilo smiled and nodded to Dalton, waiting a moment to watch him leave before moving on to his room himself. Only moments later though he heard the man speaking again, and stopped to listen, turning around to face him and walked closer. He nodded as the man spoke, listening carefully to what he was offering. It completely surprised him with such an offer, and immediately he wished to take the offer. Granted, it would have been selfish of him on one note in his mind, though on another note he was earning pay for cooking. He would be payed triple the salary of an average job for doing the thing he loved most. At that moment he was breathless, wordless. It was only that he went to say something that he realized he was actually holding his breathing. He looked down at Dalton's hand, sharing a wide smile. It would be awkward if he took the job, but that didn't matter if he could afford to keep the house and properly feed his dog and mother. He took the man's hand and shook it once, keeping a firm grip. "Thank you for the opportunity, sir. I won't let you down. No need for paying me if I don't work, though. I intend to work hard for what I earn." Kilo spoke calmly, wanting to sound professional at the moment. In his mind he was practically dancing around like a school girl who was told her crush liked her, yet only in his mind. Slowly he let go of Dalton's hand, standing straight and nodding to him. "I'll get to work when I come to my senses. Thank you." With one last nod, he moved away to go to his bedroom. Clicking of claws against the floor allowed him to hear Chica following close behind him, swishing her tail carelessly. Kilo could rest better than before that day, though still the thoughts of Winsley and Korren popped up his mind, along with how Sage was taking all this, and with Chloe popping up it seemed to feel like it was getting worse. He couldn't worry about that however, not now, for Winnie's and his own sake.

Last edited:
Celeste grinned at Winsley's wild explanation, rushing over to grab her hand. "You fought off a bear? Jay you really found yourself a princess! The best kind, too! Does that mean you're going to be a prince? I've never seen Jay in nice clothes before. He's always in a jersey or his muscle tees. Oh, please let me do your hair, Jay! Wait, first I have to do Winsley's, come on, bring Princess WInsley upstairs!" Celeste pulled at Winsley's hand just a little, not enough to ignite too much pain, she hoped, but enough to get Jay moving, and he did. He took her up to his room and set Winsley on the bed. Celeste rushed to her own room for a moment before coming back with fake flowers, hair pins, and hair ties. She had a cute smile on her face as she hopped on Jay's bed, smiling at Winsley. "I have all kinds of things to give your princess hair. It's short now but that's nothing my extensions can't fix!" she cheered, a glowing ball of excitement.

"Celeste, Winsley is going to be staying with us for a bit. But Mom and dad can't know. Can you help me out with that?" He asked, and his little sister looked up at him, a more serious expression on her face. "Daddy always finds out when you do something wrong, Jay." He didn't respond, merely turned to straighten out his bookshelf. "Jay, Daddy's so mean when you-"

"Celeste, Darling, dad isn't going to find out." He walked over to his baby sister, kissing the top of her head before ruffling up her pretty, blonde locks. "And even if he does, I've been grounded plenty of times before." He emphasized this perhaps a little too much, just to let Celeste know that Winsley didn't know about what their dad was really like. They stared at each other for a moment before she subtly nodded. "I know, but you never get to do anything fun with me when you're grounded." Another play on the truth. Jay couldn't walk half the time after he was beaten, let alone play with his little sister. "I won't get caught this time, I promise." He patted her head before turning to Winsley. "Love, I have to go to practice now. If I'm not there the same time you escape it looks suspicious, you know? But Celeste is going to take good care of you. And I'll keep my phone on me." He leaned down, kissing Winsley deeply, before turning to leave, knowing he had a show to put on and hoping Bucky would believe he had nothing to do with this problematic situation.
-

Winsley chuckled at the surprise that lit up Celeste's face, moving to grab on to Winsley's hand as she babbled on in excitement. She held slackly on to the little girl's hand as she rushed on about doing their hair, helplessly smiling at the little girl. Celeste, the little sister she had always wanted, and thankfully she could see her again. Tears started to bubble up in her eyes, yet she quickly blinked them away. There would be no room for grief here.

They travelled up the stairs, moving to what she figured to be his room. After settling down on the bed, she watched Celeste as she ran out of the room, listening to the excited foot steps rushing from her room and back. The bed bounced to signal that she was on there, sending shocks of pain through Winsley. Quickly she bit her lip, making sure no sounds could be heard from her, especially in front of his cute little sister.

Soon enough she watched the exchange between the two, how uncomfortable and secretive it was. It felt like they were hiding something, but she didn't want to bother them about it. If they felt the need to go out of their way in keeping a secret from her, it must not have been something good. That thought worried her, however. What happened when he got grounded? Did they just take everything he loved away and sent him to his room, or did they do something unthinkable?
Before she could press further into thinking about this, Jay returned to her side and spoke to her. Slightly she gave a warm smile, peering out from under her worried expression. He had to leave again, but she at least understood why. She accepted the deep kiss, placing her hand on his cheek for that short period of bliss. Once over, she looked over him again before he turned to leave. As he turned, she couldn't help but to let these words fall from her lips. "I love you so much, Blue. Be safe." Softly she smiled, before turning her head to Celeste. "Alright girly, time to fix me up, make me look like a beautiful princess just like you." Winsley reached out a hand for the girl, wanting to hold on to someone or something during this painful time. Things were going to get better, she understood this now.

Jay paused for a moment when Winsley told him she loved him. It felt good to hear her say it in that moment, but also thickened the guilt he felt. He had sabotaged himself by sleeping with Monty and even as he walked out of his own house he knew it. One day Winsley would find out, and when she did his entire relationship would be ruined, but what did that matter? Jay wasn't good enough for Winsley, or at least that's what he told himself. It made easier to allow him to sabotage the relationship, to ruin the first good thing that had happened to him in a long time.

He got into his car and drove to practice, knowing he was late but already having a few excuses in mind. Thankfully, Bucky wasn't waiting for him in the locker room and so changing wasn't as terrifying as Jay had expected, but when he got on the field and there was still no sign of Bucky, Jay's nerves began to twist. It wasn't until ten minutes later, after Jay had been yelled at and told to run five laps that Bucky pulled into the parking lot and walked on the field. Then fury in his eyes practically lit Jay on fire as he stood to the side, the water he had been drinking suddenly dry in his throat. Bucky was already in his jersey. he had already been here. He had left. There was only one place he could have gone.

"She's gone," he hissed, as he shoved Jay down, not even caring about the spectacle he was creating. "Do you happen to know anything about that Jayden?" Jay only stared in horror as Bucky's foot stomped down on his stomach. Bucky never lashed out like this, and the whole team rushed over. Two people grabbed Bucky and pulled him back, though he struggled against them, and two more tried to help Jay, who was too busy groaning in pain and struggling to catch his breath to accept it. "What the fuck is going on?" Jay's vision blurred slightly as somebody asked.

Bucky finally got away from the people holding him back, and leaned down to grab Jay's collar. "Yeah, what the fuck is going on?" he hissed, and Jay finally gasped in a breath.

"I don't know, Buck, I swear I don't. I was running late because of Celeste. You know how she gets when she doesn't take her meds. All wild. Bouncing off the fucking walls. I was trying to find her medicine, I swear. It was Celeste. You can ask her if you want. I can call her and you can ask her." Bucky continued to glare at Jay for a long time, as if sizing up his words, trying to weigh them against truth and lie. Finally, he must have decided he had no other choice but to believe Jay, because he let him go. "Celeste is a cute kid. She doesn't need that stupid medication anyways." Jay could have cried with relief. He bought it.

"Alright gossip girls, practice is still going on. Let's play some football!" Bucky snapped at everyone and they all scurried off into position. For now, the storm has passed, and Jay could only hope it would stay that way.
-
Celeste giggled at the compliment, reaching up and running her fingers through Winsley's short hair. "If I'm a princess then you must be a queen." She stood off the bed, walking over to Jay's nightstand and opening a drawer. She listened for Jay to leave before looking back at her. "And Jay's your king isn't he?" She pulled some fake flowers out of the drawer and a string. Jay always stored some of Celeste's crafty things in his room since she spent a lot of time in there with her older brother, listening to music with him and getting help with homework. She liked to stay in there on nights Jay got hit by their father, too. She was always worried he'd do something stupid if she wasn't around to stop him. "I'm glad he has you. He's happier now. I'm not as worried about him anymore." She moved back on the bed, stringing the flowers together before resting the flower crown on Winsley's head and smiling. "Plus I get to have a big sister and I've always wanted one." Celeste grinned, before moving to prop the pillows up for the both of them. "We should watch some movies. I don't want you to strain yourself too much."

Winsley smiled at the small giggle that came from Celeste, feeling a contagious joy from this young girl. A princess she was no longer, and according to Jay’s little sister she was a queen. Watching the little girl move about helped her focus on other things than the thoughts in her brain, the bad thoughts that invaded every part of her being. These thoughts were temporarily pushed back by what was in the present. She messed with her lip ring as a nervous tick meanwhile she was waiting for Celeste. “I guess Jay is my king, sweetheart.” A soft grin glowed from cheek to cheek as she looked at the younger sister. Pure joy and nothing else could she bring to her life, almost like a blessing. She continued to speak, mentioning worry over her brother. Whatever struck her the need to worry felt alarming, though it probably would have been a bit much to ask about it. “I’m glad too, and love having you as a little sister.” She almost whispered to Celeste, moving her hand up to tap the flower crown that now sat upon her head. It was pretty, even if it wasn’t exactly made of real flowers, it was a cute craft. It made her feel better about herself, about the whole situation, no matter how messed up it was.

Carefully she propped herself up against a pillow, preparing to watch a movie. “Okay, okay. I won’t move too much.” A soft chuckle fell from her mouth, her eyes turned to the little one. They were going to be okay. “Alright, princess, your choice for the movie. Show me what you got.”

Chloe had offered Sage a ride home, and as much as he would have preferred a walk to clear his head after the fiasco at the hospital, he wasn’t in any kind of walking shape. Besides, the tear stains on Chloe’s face made him feel like she needed this ride more than he did. So they both piled into his car and began the drive over to the South side. “I miss you,” Chloe said, one hand dropping off the wheel and reaching for Sage’s. He hesitated for a moment before deciding to take it, squeezing gently as the rhythmic sound of a car engine played as their radio.

“I know you do, Chlo, you already told me.” And yet this time it had felt different. They both knew it. Chloe glanced at Sage and took her hand back, resting it on the wheel once more as she turned into his driveway. Neither of them moved. Instead they looked away from each other and sat with the radio of the engine playing in the background until finally they caught eyes and Chloe’s filled with tears at the sight of Sage’s.

“You didn’t miss me.” And then she was sobbing again, and Sage wanted more than anything to roll his eyes at her dramatics but in the same token he knew how bad it must hurt. If Korren ended up choosing Bucky over himself perhaps Sage would have had the same reaction. If she never missed their relationship then he supposed he’d be just as beat up.

He reached his hands out, resting them on her cheeks and wiping the tears away with his thumbs. “Chloe, I did miss you. I missed you more than I’ve ever missed anyone in my life. But I don’t anymore. I love Korren and you… you love Bucky.” It was strange to say, because Sage knew it wasn’t true. She didn’t love Bucky. She loved money, and being pampered, and expensive dinners. Chloe shook her head because she knew it wasn’t true just as much as Sage did, and turned away from him, getting out of the car. They both headed up to Sage’s room. Chloe helped him every step of the way since his foot was out of commision for the moment, and when they got into it Sage laid down flat on his back, letting out a deep sigh that summed out his entire day. Chloe collapsed next to him, letting out her own watered-down breath. “Chloe…” Sage glanced at her hesitantly, wary from the distance that was no longer between them.

She only moved closer, resting her head on his chest. “Sage, I can’t go home. Please don’t make me go home. I’m so… scared. You always made me feel safe. Even with your foot all messed up I still feel so safe with you. I don’t wanna feel like Bucky makes me feel- like I can’t even go back to my own house, like I’m going to be his next punching bag. I just… I wanna be safe.” Her fingers curled into his shirt and she closed her eyes tight. Sage looked down at her, thinking. If Korren hadn’t been taken from him he would have never allowed this, so why was the fact that she was gone making this any different? It shouldn’t have. And yet he still wrapped his arm around her, he still ran his fingers through her hair, and he still let her fall asleep against him.

And for one terrifying moment he fell into the ease of being with Chloe. She wasn’t scared of his touch, or of sex, or of telling him her deepest, darkest fears. She wasn’t afraid of him being like Bucky. She just knew he wasn’t. She was so different than Korren. Simpler, almost. Yet Chloe hadn’t loved Sage loyally, and Korren had. And so Sage would be just as loyal. No more cheating thoughts. Just comfort for one night, and then she’d be gone. Or at least, that was what he told himself.
--
Practice had been a nightmare. Drill after drill with little breaks in between. Coach was punishing all of them for Bucky and Jay’s poor behavior, but the team wasn’t mad at Bucky. No, they were mad at Jay. They’d trip him, shove into him, snap words in his ear. And when it was all over with it was all Jay could do to take a quick shower and go home. Even that had been a risk with the frustration the team held for him, but thankfully he had gotten through it. And he was even more grateful for making it to his car without Bucky yelling after him. So he got home okay.

But not five minutes after he got in the house, before he could take all the snacks he had gathered up to Winsley, his father came home too. “Why are you taking half the pantry to your room?” Jay hesitated halfway up the steps, looking down at his father. “Are you fucking high right now, Jayden?” His father sounded angry, and his voice echoed off the walls. He was sure Celeste had heard that.

“What? No. I’m just hungry,” Jay tried to brush it off, but his father walked up the steps, glaring at his son. He looked him up and down, as if sizing up if he was telling the truth, and when he found nothing wrong that only seemed to frustrate him more. “Go put that food back. You’ll spoil your dinner,” he huffed, and Jay groaned, rolling his eyes as his father turned to head back downstairs. He didn’t think he could see him anymore, but he obviously had.

The smack echoed moreso than his father’s voice, and Jay dropped the chip bag. It spilled open over the stairs as he grabbed the railing to stay upright. “Don’t disrespect me. I had a bad day and I can’t deal with your attitude right now.” Now he headed down the stairs, and Jay could only stare at the mess his father had made. “Well… clean it up!”

It was Jay’s turn to huff, though he did it quietly, before going to find the vacuum and cleaning up his mess. When it was vacuumed he went into the kitchen and put most of the food up, but managed to stuff a few things in his backpack. It’s what he should have done from the start, but he hadn’t thought his dad would be home for another few hours.

Jay headed upstairs, hoping the red mark on his face was gone as he stepped inside, seeing that Celeste was sitting on the end of the bed with a worried look on her face. “I’m okay, Munchkin.” He grinned, walking over to ruffle her hair before looking over at Winsley. “Hope she wasn’t too much of a handful for you,” he joked, trying to keep the mood light.

Korren had been stuck with multiple therapists, each of them asking the same questions over and over about her life, about her relationship with Bucky and then with Sage. When they didn’t believe her, they’d ask it again until she gave an answer they wanted, something they would believe. Once a doctor gave her a pill, telling her it would calm her nerves, before asking questions. It truly did calm her down, however it made the doctor’s words more convincing than her own memory. She started to doubt herself, to think that maybe, just maybe she had been making up a fantasy about Sage, the bad boy that she wished to be sweet. The boy that punched Bucky in the face and humiliated him, before taking her in the bathroom and locking them both in. The Sage that manipulated her to do things she didn’t want to do, the one she was too scared of to say no to. The doctor aided her in remembering these things, clearing her mind of what was right and was was wrong, of fantasies that could never be real.

At lunch times they gave her fatty foods, told her to eat it and watched her until she did. By eating these foods she felt altogether worthless. They didn’t give her anything healthy. No salads, nothing. Only foods that would put fat on her, and she didn’t want that. She cried when she got to her room, feeling broken and scared. A camera in the corner watched her every move, which only scared her more. She couldn’t be alone, and wouldn’t be alone in this place. They took away her very own clothing as well. They took her Harvard pin, and replaced her clothing with a baggy shirt and sweatpants. She felt like a prisoner, and there was nothing she could do to fix this. All she wanted was for Bucky to come back, to take her home. She missed him...so much.

Winsley smiled as she and Celeste watched the movie together, her hair braided with flowers in it. They were having a good time, at least until she heard footsteps. Then shouting. Jay was home, but so was his dad. His shouting scared her, caused her face to go ghostly white with fear.

Then a smack sounded in the House. Winsley gasped, wanting to go to Jay’s side. This was probably why he was so upset when she smacked him like that, and immediately she felt horrible. This is what he had to live through in day to day life, wasn’t it?

Without knowing it, Winsley had started to shake, to grip onto her shirt tightly and ring it in her hands. She bit at her lip, messing with her piercing as a tick. Minutes after the smack, she heard footsteps come up the stairs until Jay revealed himself in the doorway. There was a faint red mark on his cheek, showing where he had been smacked. He spoke nothing of it, however, only to console his sister that things were fine. Winsley knew that to be a lie. It had to be a lie. This was not okay, and it wasn’t normal for a parent to be hitting their child. She almost didn’t hear him when he spoke to her, trying to keep things lighthearted. Quickly she focused, taking a moment to process what he had said. “Oh, no, no, she... yeah, she’s been good.” Winsley moved to grab his hands, holding onto them tightly. “We watched a cute movie, called.. uhm..” Her mins blanked, only thinking about the smack she had heard not too long ago. The name couldn’t come to her head, and so she quickly switched the subject. “But anyway, we’ve missed you.” Winsley gave a light smile, though it was clear that she knew something was wrong. There was no doubt about it, especially with her ghostly white face and nervous speech. She just wished it didn’t happen, that it was all just a bad nightmare, but it wasn’t. It was real.

McMajestic McMajestic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back