• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Dormant Hearts -- OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
W

I'll keep em hella fine

I can't decide, A or B?

yejide_by_rinrindaishi-da77xzl.png
wallhaven-95043.jpg

Loredump ACTIVATED. More will be added as we go along and more things are discovered.

Are books available easily?

Yes. Many are post-war, though pre-war books aren't entirely uncommon either, due to electronic preservation. Mid-war books and archives are very, very rare, and generally kept by leadership bodies and institutions.

This is good to know actually; how do the other members of this group feel about that? Also, for the sake of my own curiosity, how did this previous partner system work?

Here's what I had written up for my roleplay, mainly took things from Darling in the Franxx to set it up though we developed more details within the OOC on discord
If you have more questions let me or Entity.Eclypse Entity.Eclypse know

+Project EDEN:
Project EDEN, established in 2132, is a militaristic union of the world's greatest forces with the prime focus on combating and defeating the monster menace. They accomplish this with the creation of a new form of weaponry, an armored suit that rivals the monsters in size called mechs. These mechs were controlled through a neurological link between the machine's systems and the natural bio-system of the pilots, a link that had only become possible due to research on the advanced technology. However, the machines were expensive, and construction of each new set of armor required a a large amount of time and effort that was not always available. Thus, the SEED program was born; an institution where individuals with a predetermined potential for piloting the machines were trained, and eventually weeded out to leave only the prime candidates.

+SEED Program
A branch of Project EDEN dedicated to the growth and training of mech candidates to observe which of them will become the most compatible as pilots. The SEED program gathers these candidates from a young age, exposing them to the experience and weeding them out as they grow until only the most capable of the candidates are left. While participating in this program, the candidates are exposed to a variety of stresses that stretch the limits of their body and their mind, to mimic the side effects of undergoing the neural link with the machines.

+ Pilots and Navigators
The pilots and navigators are those who have met the expectations set by SEED, and have been assigned as partners to control the mechs used to combat the monster threat. Since the neural link system is only compatible with individuals between the age of 16-18, most pilots and navigators dedicate their lives to accomplish as much as they can within that two year gap before "expiring" and being unable to control the machines.

- Pilots
Pilots represent the "body" of the machine, and control most if not all of the mech's motor skills. They control the primary physical aspects of the mech, and thus are held responsible for the safety of themselves and their navigators. Due to the neural link, they take the brunt of the damage the mechs sustain in combat, without any of the physical damage done to their actual body. This often leads to something akin to "phantom limb" pain in retired pilots, where the pilot will sometimes feel pain in areas where the mech was often damaged. In most schematics of mechs, the pilot's cockpit can be found in the rear section of the mech's skull, where a brainstem would usually be found in most humanoids. Their placement is essential in maintaining control of the mech, and damage to the area can possibly sever the pilot with his ability to control movement.

- Navigators
Navigators represent the "mind" of each machine, and are responsible of the spatial awareness aspect of each machine. They have little control of the machine's movement, however they do maintain control of each mech's ranged arsenal. Navigators are in charge of understanding the mech's surroundings and determining the best course of action, as well as communicating with the other navigators and orders from central command. The Navigator's seat is found in the center of the skull, and is diagonally above the pilot's.

Loredump ACTIVATED. More will be added as we go along and more things are discovered.

Yes. Many are post-war, though pre-war books aren't entirely uncommon either, due to electronic preservation. Mid-war books and archives are very, very rare, and generally kept by leadership bodies and institutions.

I see. Perhaps a strange question but would books be 'altered'? And I assume there's not a list of CEAT jobs we need to pick from, we just sorta decide ourselves?

I see. Perhaps a strange question but would books be 'altered'? And I assume there's not a list of CEAT jobs we need to pick from, we just sorta decide ourselves?

The CEAT covers all necessary colony roles, so just about any job that would be needed can be given as an Employment role, yes.

When possible, most books are simply hidden away from the young and impressionable, particularly books that deal with fictional acts of violence and strong emotional themes. They're still kept in order to sustain humanity's knowledge pool, but they're kept out of reach.

Books that are essential to the development of children, such as history and sociological textbooks, are generally written in such a way as to gloss over emotion and violence, unless war in particular becomes a point of discussion.

A select few fictional works have been partially or entirely rewritten to comply with these needs. Unedited copies are still present in restricted / adult-only library sections.

The CEAT covers all necessary colony roles, so just about any job that would be needed can be given as an Employment role, yes.

When possible, most books are simply hidden away from the young and impressionable, particularly books that deal with fictional acts of violence and strong emotional themes. They're still kept in order to sustain humanity's knowledge pool, but they're kept out of reach.

Books that are essential to the development of children, such as history and sociological textbooks, are generally written in such a way as to gloss over emotion and violence, unless war in particular becomes a point of discussion.

A select few fictional works have been partially or entirely rewritten to comply with these needs. Unedited copies are still present in restricted / adult-only library sections.

I see, very interesting.

It's a good thing I asked.

Is alcohol still common? Bartenders and such?

I had trouble with the code so I just dumped it all for now, ahaha sorry. I'll try to fix it later.

I'd be willing to take on four more players at the moment. A new Discord link can be found here. After that, I'll probably close things up for now, since at this point we've got quite a few people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back