• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Dormant Hearts -- OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

_Line 213

| || || | __
Robot Rumble and Strained Interpersonal Relationships time.

Sound off here if you're planning on making a character so that I know who to expect! Also, how do people feel about having an OOC Discord server?

Thanks for signing on everyone. I'll have a thread with more lore / info up later on. Here's a little something below to whet your appetite.

unknown.png

Yes, I'm going to try and design custom mechas for everyone.

Hi hi! Entity On board here, Discord server would be pretty cool.

As for what's in the spoiler.... First off that's amazing. Secondly... that's absolutely amazing and i'm slightly speechless.

Hi hi! Entity On board here, Discord server would be pretty cool.

As for what's in the spoiler.... First off that's amazing. Secondly... that's absolutely amazing and i'm slightly speechless.

Thanks a lot! Depending on how many people we're going to have, it might be really hard, even if pairs are a factor. But, we'll see how things go, I think it'll be fun.

I'm in between commissions (so I'm suffering), so that means I've got a ton of free time. I'll be able to commit for sure.

Okay I'd like my mech to have nukes for shoulders and a gatling gun backpack so it can fly like in that game Jetpack Joyride.

Make it happen.

Actually on second thought I'd like warp drives for legs, I think that'd balance it a bit more.

Yeah, I'm sounding off.

My virus is spreading.
I have broken into your OOC room.
And I have Breached your defenses.

But most importantly, I should be able to commit- so long as I survive an operation in about a week. so... I'll be gone for a day- maybe two or three- but I'll be right back.

A good number of the people who were on the interest check, myself included, were part of a different Mech RP and joined this one.

We had a partner system n stuff, and some of us might pair up with one another again if you make it partner based, unless you decide to choose partners.

Also Discord would be nice

A good number of the people who were on the interest check, myself included, were part of a different Mech RP and joined this one.

We had a partner system n stuff, and some of us might pair up with one another again if you make it partner based, unless you decide to choose partners.

Also Discord would be nice

This is good to know actually; how do the other members of this group feel about that? Also, for the sake of my own curiosity, how did this previous partner system work?

Last edited:
_Line 213 _Line 213

I have a few questions;
1) How connected is the world? Is there global communication and do people travel much in this world to other cities.
2) Is the world geography based directly on Earths or are there minor or total differences?
3) What is the system of government like? Is it each individual city is responsible for itself?
4) How dangerous is the world beyond the city or do we not know?
5) Do other cities have different laws than our one does?
6) What is the general environment like? Is the world over grown and recovered from the war and overpopulation or is it just wasteland or is there a mix or something else?
7) How much do we know about what lies beyond the city?

_Line 213 _Line 213

I have a few questions;
1) How connected is the world? Is there global communication and do people travel much in this world to other cities.
2) Is the world geography based directly on Earths or are there minor or total differences?
3) What is the system of government like? Is it each individual city is responsible for itself?
4) How dangerous is the world beyond the city or do we not know?
5) Do other cities have different laws than our one does?
6) What is the general environment like? Is the world over grown and recovered from the war and overpopulation or is it just wasteland or is there a mix or something else?
7) How much do we know about what lies beyond the city?

1.) Travel is uncommon due to automobile restrictions. Some bike between nearby towns to facilitate what little trade is necessary, but most don't make any further efforts. The populations of most settlements are small enough to be self-sustainable, and though it generally isn't talked about, the philosophy behind this separation is that conflict is less likely if there's a wide buffer of resources between individual groups of people.

That said, global communication is still up and running, primarily in an internet-esque format. Since high-level automation is banned, computing technology is generally more valued than it is in our world, since everything has a labor component to it, even if a machine still does most of the work as far as casting parts goes.

2.) Geography is mostly the same, save for some large holes in the ground, partially destroyed mountain ranges, and minor coastal differences caused by sea level changes and coastal battles.

3.) Colony leaders frequently communicate between each other, but these communications are generally kept secret. The vast majority form regional alliances influenced by prior cultural similarities, resulting in similar dialects and laws. Even so, each city is ultimately responsible for itself. Regardless of location, however, Colonies abide by all, or most, of these simple rules:

-- No automation.
-- Health checkups every three months until age 18, at which point checkups become yearly.
-- No entering decommissioned automated factories.
-- No building near desertified zones.
-- No reverse-engineering of Husks or off-limits technology. This includes both biological and automated technologies at large.
-- Fellows should be treated reasonably, and conflicts should be resolved logically. Reason is paramount.

The majority of people accept these rules as simply the way things are or must be.

Column has a mayor and a small council; the latter mostly serve an advisory role, but are capable of overruling the mayor with a majority vote. They, along with the rest of Column and the cities that surround it, value calm, detached mentalities that place reason over emotion.

4.) [At the beginning of the RP] the world isn't all that dangerous. Wildlife is no more threatening or vicious than it is in our world, and the scariest thing someone straying from Column will find is a bear.

However, the distances between cities, as well as their clustered natures, makes it very easy to get lost without help, should someone be incapable of making contact with their settlement.

5.) As stated in 3, cities that are close to each other are likely to share similar laws, though there are exceptions. Laws and culture will gradually change the the further one goes from any given settlement.

6.) The land surrounding Column is densely wooded, lightly mountainous, and overgrown. History dictates that desertification was an issue before and during the war, but the majority of these affected areas are now on the path to recovery, potentially bolstered by the lack of human activity in many of those regions.

7.) The majority of the Column region is devoid of human activity. Mountains, rivers, lakes, and pine forests stretch for miles, and though it's common to teach settlers the lay of the land, there's not all that much going on. Ruined military bases and wartime remnants can be found throughout the region, along with, of course, Husks standing among the hills and valleys.

Last edited:
Okay I know it's unlikely to be available but if there's a role even somewhat like zero two from darling in the franxx I'd be so down for that, those characters are my absolute speciality ya see lool, if not it's fine though!! Just curious. Also at any point would something like the monsters from the prior mentioned series emerge?? :3 _Line 213 _Line 213

Thanks _Line 213 _Line 213 love how you gave detailed answers to each.

Unfortunately forgot to ask one last question. What is the country of origin that our city is in?

I was thinking of leaving this vague / unspecified, at least at the outset, but if everyone would rather have a definite location, I can decide on one or we can all talk it over together.

Okay I know it's unlikely to be available but if there's a role even somewhat like zero two from darling in the franxx I'd be so down for that, those characters are my absolute speciality ya see lool, if not it's fine though!! Just curious. Also at any point would something like the monsters from the prior mentioned series emerge?? :3 _Line 213 _Line 213

Don't worry, there will be monsters. No spoilers though.

As for Zero-Two esque things, there are Some Things in the plot that might scratch that itch (but again no spoilers). What aspects of the character are you interested in specifically / what particular kind of concept do you have in mind? Feel free to send me a PM if you want to talk things over.

I was thinking of leaving this vague / unspecified, at least at the outset, but if everyone would rather have a definite location, I can decide on one or we can all talk it over together.

Don't worry, there will be monsters. No spoilers though.

As for Zero-Two esque things, there are Some Things in the plot that might scratch that itch (but again no spoilers). What aspects of the character are you interested in specifically / what particular kind of concept do you have in mind? Feel free to send me a PM if you want to talk things over.
Oh~~ Intriguing!!

As for the particular aspects, the whole 'monster' aspect to a degree along with certain features of the personality an such, more like how she was treated in the show, high ranking and yet frowned upon for what she was at the same time, being somewhat inhuman I suppose is what I'm getting at "^w^

Oh~~ Intriguing!!

As for the particular aspects, the whole 'monster' aspect to a degree along with certain features of the personality an such, more like how she was treated in the show, high ranking and yet frowned upon for what she was at the same time, being somewhat inhuman I suppose is what I'm getting at "^w^

Things like that will be in here actually, yep! I can't say too much without spouting spoilers, but rest assured that is something I fully plan on implementing as part of the plot, and as a surprise.

That said, everyone should make human characters for now. Juuuuust keep in mind what I said up there for the future. However, if anyone has any specific questions in regards to that, or is super, super keen on thoroughly exploring it, send me a PM, and we can talk.

I'm imagining some sort of scavenger character or something now
A tinkerer perhaps
Perhaps secretly because he's interested in all the shit he shouldn't be. Or she...hmmm...thinking, thinking, thinking.

_Line 213 _Line 213
What are some of the important laws?
Specifically do people get exiled or arrested or executed?

Arrest seems to be the most common, though the outcomes of criminal cases generally go unpublished. Though all three methods are used to some extent, which one is used seems to vary based on person, and not by crime committed. The reason why seems to be something that only adults are aware of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back