• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Don't faulter now love

Carmen had been waiting for weeks to get her husband home, longer than she was meant to because of stupid partners and family posting information on the facebook group for the base and she was just ready to have him home for a while. She stood on her tiptoes to try and spot him in the crowds at the airport, eventually catching a glimpse of the whole group and she made her way over, grinning the moment she spotted him and rushed towards him, throwing herself into his arms "Oh you're home." She cried quietly, tearing up the way she akways had when he got back from a long triip.

Ivar had been exhausted from the stress of work lately so for once had taken a quiet night to himself to get into the city to go see the ballet like he used to do with his mother and thorughly enjoyed it. In fact he'd been mesmerised by one of the dancers in particular and now that he was at the bar after the show he couldn't help but sit there watching the door, waiting for them to come in for their post-show wind down, waiting for an opportunity to speak to the gorgeous woman

Max smiled and laughed happily as she walked in with her few friends that she had made with the ballet. They always had drinks after a good show and tonight had been particularly great. She had been traveling the world making a name for herself in the ballet world, finally making a solid lead position there in Sweden. Everything was going great in her life at this point, especially since the past 5 years had been hell for her. She sat down withher friends and ordered her drink smiling softly seeing the guy from across the bar looking her way.

Ewan looked around in anticipation to see his wife for the first time in months. This last deployment had been particularly rough for him, the things he saw in those missions were things no human should have seen. Now all he wanted was to be home with his wife and away from the world. A giant smile broke out on his face when he saw her finally appear through the crowd. Her short having made it hard to see her at all. He dropped his duffel as she ran to him and immediately let his arms wrap around her "I'm home love, I'm home." He said quietly before kissing her lovingly.

She smiled and nodded quickly, picking up his bag for him and letting him say bye to the others before heading towards their car, “the dogs have missed you, your sister wants us round for dinner tomorrow night but I told her it was up to you.” She told him happily, a little all over the place in her excitement that he was home.

He sat quietly for a long while, occasionally doing a work email until he finished his drink and he got up, heading over to where she was. “Good evening…. Ivar Lothbrok.” He told her, flashing her a smile.

Ewan wrapped his arm around her shoulders and said his goodbyes to a few friends before leaving with her. He frowned some at the thought of being around all of his family at this point and shook his head some."No...no I'd rather stay home with you. Maybe we can schedule something next week." He murmured to her

Max sat there with her friends for one drink before they left her alone. She wasn't going to be there much longer, but she wanted to be alone to decompress as well for just a moment. She gave a soft smile seeing the man from before make his way towards her. She made a small note of his crutches, but it wasn't a negative thing. "Good evening. Maxine Blom, I was wondering if you would come speak with me Mr. Lothbrock." She said sweetly before sipping at her drink.

She nodded and smiled a little "That's fine by me too. I got loads of blankets ready, it's been really cold and the boiler's broken down." She explained, driving them the half hour home in peaceful quiet, pulling up outside their little bungalow and got out, heading inside, just setting his bag down when she felt him grab her by the waist and hoist her over his shoulder "Ewan!" She laughed, "What are you doing?"

He nodded and smiled at her "You're a wonderful dancer Ms Blom... Though I'm sure you're already aware of that." He told her, "Can I buy you a drink?" He asked, leaning against the bar a little

Ewan sighed heavily when she mentioned the boiler being down and gave a small nod. Their money situation wasn't the best, but they got by. He smiled happily as they got inside immediately going to throw her over his shoulder "I have been cooped up in a plane and a car for nearly 10 hours. I want to lay in bed with my wife." He said in a matter of fact tone before taking her to their room and plopping her onto their bed.

Max felt a light blush creep onto her cheeks at his compliment "Why thank you." She said softly before giving him a small nod to his drink offer "Would you like to sit at a booth or table?" She asked noticing him starting to lean heavily on his crutch.

She smiled and waited til he got in, moving to get his boots off for him and his uniform, leaving him in his T-shirt and boxers, finally laying with him and just held onto him tightly. “I missed you.” She told him quietly, just staring into his eyes.

He smiled a little. “A booth would be better. Bit more private.” He smiled at her, heading over there to take a seat, watching her sit opposite and soon began talking with her for a long while until he had to go use the restroom.

The barman had finally seen the guy walk off and went to the table to clear the empty glasses. “Careful with that one… runs the city with his family. All under the table though if you catch my drift.” He warned her.

Ewan let her help him undress and smiled widely as he pulled her in close "I missed you too, more than you'll ever know." He said softly before giving a heavy sigh "I don't...I can't go back Carmen." He admits quietly while pressing his forehead to hers and closing his eyes tight.

Max gave him a nod and followed him towards a booth to sit and talk. She sat there with him for a while just chatting and having a nice time. It had been a while since she had gotten along so well with someone. Though when the barman came over and told her about him running the city her mood soon shifted. She was scared and wanted this to end quickly. She couldn't get involved again with a mob.

She frowned and pecked his lips before moving so that he was laying against her, their dogs finding their way onto the bed as well, excited that dad was finally home. “Ewan if you’re done then that’s okay… we will find somewhere else to go and we will make it work.” She promised him. “You’re home now… you’re safe.” She murmured. He’d been her saving Grace when her family had moved to the country when she was a kid and ever since primary school they’d been joined at the hip, not getting together though until the end of their last year of school.

“If you want help then I can have you hang out in the back and I’ll call you a cab. I’ll tell him you had an emergency.” He told her seeing the fear in her eyes

Ewan started to relax further as their dog came up and immediately started to cuddle him. "I'm sorry love but...the things I saw...I can't do it again." He told her just listening to her heartbeat and reassurance that it was alright. Just like he had been for her, she was his saving grace. The angel on his shoulder that kept him out of deep trouble in school, though she couldn't keep him out of all of it.

Max shook her head some and gave him a small smile "No thats fine, thank you though for the offer. I'll be okay." She said sweetly before he left her to it. She looked at Ivar when she saw him emerge from the restroom area and gave a soft smile trying her best to keep her nerves down.

She smiled and ran her fingers over his buzzed hair gently, "I don't expect you to... If it's time to move on then it;s time... Get some sleep for now Ewan, you need the rest." She murmured, holding onto him tightly as well and started drifting off to sleep with him, relieved to have him home finally.

Ivar smiled and took a seat, glancing over his phone "Hey listen, I should probably head home... Early start and all but it was lovely to meet you." He told her, taking her hand and kissing her knuckles gently "I hope we can do this again some time." He told her, getting up to head out

Ewan hummed a response before he soon drifted off the sleep as well with her. He woke up panting and in a cold sweat though maybe an hour later. He ran a hand over his face and stared at the ceiling giving a small groaned before he got up and went to use the restroom.

Max smiled softly at him and gave a nod "I understand, it was nice to meet you as well Ivar." She said softly before getting up and leaving with him as well. She hailed a cab and gave him one final wave goodbye before getting inside.

Carmen had gone to make some tea, bundled up in her hooded blanket and smiled when she felt arms go around her "Hey you want a cuppa?" She asked him, leaning back against him a little and chewed on her lip "There's something you should know by the way." She told him quietly.

Ivar frowned a little when she never asked for his number, not used to women doing that but it only made him more curious as he got his driver to take him home for the night

Aemond shuffled out to the living room after placing his night pants and a hoodie on. He wrapped his arms around Carmen and sighed softly "Yeah a cup sounds good. Remind me tomorrow and I'll fix the boiler." He muttered nuzzling his face in her neck.

Max gave a heavy sigh before pulling out her phone and scrolling through photos. She let a few tears fall as she fell on a few photos of herself with her sister. She missed her dearly and would give anything to have her back.

She nodded tiredly and just swayed gently with him. “Ewan they cut my benefits… my latest assessment they decided i was fit to work.” She told him quickly

It was a couple weeks before he showed up again to see her, walking into the bar and smiling as he spotted her in the same corner of the bar as before, making his way over. “Hey there again.” He smiled.

Ewan tensed and frowned deeply when he heard her "Shit...what made them think you're good to go?" He asked softly as he rubbed at her hips. Carmen's health had always been on the low side, but when they left school it really had started to take a turn for the worse.

Max frowned softly when she heard the familiar thud of Ivar's crutch come up behind her. She turned herself in her stool and gave him a soft smile "Hello Ivar." She said softly

She frowned and sighed a little, turning to face him and wrapped her arms around his neck. “The fact that I haven’t had to be hospitalised for a seizure or heart problems since I stopped working.” She muttered, “they decided that means I’m better not that working was making me worse.” She explained.

He smiled and took a seat next to her. “I wanted to come by tonight and ask if you would have dinner with me tomorrow night? I can pick you up from somewhere at 7. Dinner would be on me of course.” He told her smiling. “I enjoyed your company a lot last time.”

Ewan shook his head and frowned deeply "Fucking hell." he muttered before kissing her forehead gently "Maybe we can get a part-time job? Nothing to stressful on you, so retail is definitely out of the question." he mumbled taking a deep breath trying to calm his nerves but he was starting to get even more worked up.

Max took a deep breath and felt her heart grow tight. She wanted to say yes, if she hadn't known his lifestyle she would have. Though, even though her heart wanted it, her brain was winning out. She gave him a very faint smile and placed a hand on his upper arm "Ivar....I enjoyed your company as well, but I'm afraid I cannot accept a date with you. I'd like to know you more." she said softly hoping he wouldn't get mad at her.

She frowned and shook her head. “I’m appealing it already but I don’t wanna get worse again…. I swear I’m not trying to avoid working but it makes everything so much worse.” She mumbled, their tea completely forgotten now.

Ivar frowned and watched her for a minute. “That doesn’t make any sense.” He muttered, a bit shocked she’d rejected him like that

Max gave another small smile and sighed gently "Well I'm not like other women Ivar, I'd like to fully get to know you before I even look to try and start a relationship. It may seem silly to you but um...I um have had some bad luck with men and I like to take precautions." she explained gently to him "Would you like to sit down? Share another drink?"

Ewan shook his head gently "Love I've been there at the worst of it. I know you aren't making this shit up." he said softly and kissing her gently "Now come on, we'll figure it out, we always do." he murmured before giving her a small smile. He grabbed their teas and went to take them towards the microwave.

She just nodded and sat with him on the couch once they had their drinks, letting him pick whatever tv he wanted and soon fell asleep with her head in his lap.

He frowned and watched her. “I do think that’s very silly. I’m asking for a date not your hand in marriage.” He muttered but took a seat and ordered a drink anyway.

Ewan started to feel odd when she fell asleep with him. Even with her news earlier this felt too right. He was scared to fall asleep now, worried that when he woke up he would be in his bunk again and going out to war.

Max gave a small nod and sipped at her drink "I know, but I just would like to see how we do as possible friends." she said softly watching him a bit "Were you at the show tonight?" she asked softly

He shook his head and sighed a little “I only go once a month. My mother used to take me.” He told her.

Carmen groaned when she was woken up later on to the dog licking at her face and noticed the couch was empty, getting up to find him sat out on the front doorstep with a cigarette, sitting next to him. “Talk to me…. You’re shaking like a leaf.”

Max gave a small nod and smiled softly "My mother used to take me and my sister all the time when we were kids." she said softly as she watched him a bit "You don't see many men who actually enjoy the ballet, unless they're dancers themselves." she said with a small laugh.

Ewan jumped slightly when he heard her voice later that evening. He glanced back at her and gave a small nod "Uh yeah...yeah I'm fine." he muttered before taking another shaky drag from his cigarette.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back