Other Does anyone ever feel... overwhelmed by roleplay?

Rainy Afternoon

King of Sleaze, God of Rainy Days
Hi. Yes, I know, a generic greeting, but I just want to hear if others have gone through this while joining the forum. My main RP site closed yesterday, so I've been searching frantically for a new one. All I've come across are dead forums and overwhelming sites (you know the ones, with tabs and different things everywhere on the home page.) and I've looked at some of the roleplay thingies... You see, I came from a chatroom RP site, so I'm not used to seeing such huge RP posts. Where do I go if I want to just ease into the forums? I'm really amazed by the detail in these roleplays, but I really don't know if I can even think up that much stuff. I just feel.. you know, like I don't really fit in.

Has anyone else felt like this, and if so, what are some strats to get settled in?

I have felt this way before, don't worr it happens to other people(including me) as well. One srat to get settled is to find one thread that doesn't have as many people, start there. And feel free to contact me

I was sort of in the same place you were when I first joined RPN five years ago (still feels like yesterday I discovered this wonderful place!).

My main RP site had closed recently too and I had never done any detailed roleplays; I only did what’s known as “one liners” which is similar to chat. Very simple and fast paced type of writing. So I was out of my element, lol. The great thing about RPN, however, is that there are a lot of folks with different writing styles that may be open to chat style and most people here are very patient and welcoming to newbies who don’t have experience in detailed roleplaying but want to learn.

Most of the group roleplays here are detailed (though I have seen some that aren’t), but what advice I’d suggest to you is to head on over to the 1x1 interest checks, post your own thread and try to find some roleplay partners whose style matches more of yours. It’s not as intimidating and you may even find that detailed writing is not at all as hard as it seems. It worked for me. (:

Happy roleplaying!

I was sort of in the same place you were when I first joined RPN five years ago (still feels like yesterday I discovered this wonderful place!).

My main RP site had closed recently too and I had never done any detailed roleplays; I only did what’s known as “one liners” which is similar to chat. Very simple and fast paced type of writing. So I was out of my element, lol. The great thing about RPN, however, is that there are a lot of folks with different writing styles that may be open to chat style and most people here are very patient and welcoming to newbies who don’t have experience in detailed roleplaying but want to learn.

Most of the group roleplays here are detailed (though I have seen some that aren’t), but what advice I’d suggest to you is to head on over to the 1x1 interest checks, post your own thread and try to find some roleplay partners whose style matches more of yours. It’s not as intimidating and you may even find that detailed writing is not at all as hard as it seems. It worked for me. (:

Happy roleplaying!
Disneygirl, where can I find some that haven't been mobbed? All I see are ones from only minutes ago, assaulted by hundreds of replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back