Other Does anyone else have this problem?

Kohote

I always want to start a new roleplay but whenever I find one that I think I will like I chicken out of contacting them. ( -_- ")

Am I the only one to do this or am I not alone? lol

Nope, not alone! I've come to accept that I may have some form of RP anxiety ^^'

I'll see group threads I think look cool, but if there are a lot of character sign-ups already or a ton of people on the interest check I tend to chicken out. And I always see threads in the 1x1 recruitment and I'm like "hey, maybe I'd like to RP with that person," and then I don't respond or message—I just stalk the thread until I've forgotten about it.

Honestly, I was wondering if I was like the only one, so I'm glad you said something haha
:P

MidnightAnew said:
Nope, not alone! I've come to accept that I may have some form of RP anxiety ^^'
I'll see group threads I think look cool, but if there are a lot of character sign-ups already or a ton of people on the interest check I tend to chicken out. And I always see threads in the 1x1 recruitment and I'm like "hey, maybe I'd like to RP with that person," and then I don't respond or message—I just stalk the thread until I've forgotten about it.

Honestly, I was wondering if I was like the only one, so I'm glad you said something haha
:P
Oh good! I'm not the only one. lol I am new here too so I don't think that helps.

I guess I am either going to have to get over it or make more things for others to reply to!

Kohote said:
Oh good! I'm not the only one. lol I am new here too so I don't think that helps.
I guess I am either going to have to get over it or make more things for others to reply to!
Oh...I've been here 2 years and clearly not over it whoops lol

Well welcome to the site! And don't feel bad, I legit lurked around for basically an entire month before I worked up the nerve to join any groups. Private messaging was also intimidating for me, but I found a couple people who I thought looked nice and just sent a message saying hello and asking if they had any tips about RPN. The conversations didn't necessarily last long, but everyone was super nice about it and it got me to recognize a few names/faces :)

But yes—making things for others to reply to is a pretty solid way to start making friends. I'm actually still not good at that either x.x

But hey, starting discussions is clearly a good method if it brought me here, haha! Also, I'd totally recommend posting in the 1x1 recruitment section because people are always looking for partners there :)

MidnightAnew said:
Oh...I've been here 2 years and clearly not over it whoops lol
Well welcome to the site! And don't feel bad, I legit lurked around for basically an entire month before I worked up the nerve to join any groups. Private messaging was also intimidating for me, but I found a couple people who I thought looked nice and just sent a message saying hello and asking if they had any tips about RPN. The conversations didn't necessarily last long, but everyone was super nice about it and it got me to recognize a few names/faces :)

But yes—making things for others to reply to is a pretty solid way to start making friends. I'm actually still not good at that either x.x

But hey, starting discussions is clearly a good method if it brought me here, haha! Also, I'd totally recommend posting in the 1x1 recruitment section because people are always looking for partners there :)
Oh I already have, lol I have one up now. I have gotten a couple of rpers from it. :D

Kohote said:
Oh I already have, lol I have one up now. I have gotten a couple of rpers from it. :D
Awesome, then it sounds like you're off to a great start! I hope you enjoy your time here :D

MidnightAnew said:
Awesome, then it sounds like you're off to a great start! I hope you enjoy your time here :D
I am. It has only been a few days and I seem to have two people who have replied more then once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back