Chitchat Does any one speak japanese?

Saul

idk
Hi, does any one speak Japanese? If someone who does sees this it would be great to know how hard it is to learn from english and how much time would be needed each day, as well as where I could go to learn it (On the internet) because I'd love to. It's such a beautiful language and Japan is such a beautiful place, and I bet manga and anime are so much better if you know the actually context and essence of what the characters are saying instead of rough translations.

I love Japanese, mostly because it's a pun-joke paradise once you're familiar with the language. (And yours sincerely is a sucker for it.) Also, not having to wait for video game English releases ftw.

It's pretty difficult if you don't have a strong memory (to memorise how to read and write); relying on romaji is no good, since it cannot represent the character and thus you can come across a lot of awkward situations where it could mean something different but still applicable.

I suggest memorising the katakana chart to grasp the basics of basic Japanese characters. I myself am still working with hiragana (which I personally find tough). Since I have a Chinese background, I cheat my way into understanding some phrases with the kanji. If you've learned Chinese before, yay. Else, it'll be quite a climb - but worth it! I also heard there's furigana, from a friend who lives in Japan, when we were playing that word game Japanese seem to adore. But as a fellow learner, I highly suggest starting with katakana first. It's easier to write!

Check out this RPG game, "Slime Forest". Even the free edition helped me tremendously when I was learning katakana. It gives you a rough idea on how to translate English words into katakana/hiragana, or vice versa. It's like flash cards - only, a bit more interesting. (Hopefully you can get over the art, though.)

If you can, try speaking Japanese with someone who's fluent. There's a funny scene I came across ..

European: "Kee-mee wuh kuh-wah-ee." (Kimi wa kawaii = You are cute.)

Japanese Girl: "Atashi wa .. (sad) kowaii?" (Atashi wa kowaii = I am scary.)

So yeah, pronunciation is important unless you're just planning to read/understand.

Here are two charts I found really useful! (Credits to Kaoyux on DeviantArt.)

katakana_chart___video_by_ireal70-d4omtxh.png

hiragana_chart___video_by_ireal70-d4lb44d.png

Slime Forest non-practice mode:

2307.png

100 is the "money" your character has. Pretty much your points.

Project+LRNJ+Slime+Forest+4192010+61005+PM.bmp

The correct answer here is 'no' (you just have to press N and O on your keyboard).

Have fun!

Vengeance said:
I love Japanese, mostly because it's a pun-joke paradise once you're familiar with the language. (And yours sincerely is a sucker for it.) Also, not having to wait for video game English releases ftw.
It's pretty difficult if you don't have a strong memory (to memorise how to read and write); relying on romaji is no good, since it cannot represent the character and thus you can come across a lot of awkward situations where it could mean something different but still applicable.

I suggest memorising the katakana chart to grasp the basics of basic Japanese characters. I myself am still working with hiragana (which I personally find tough). Since I have a Chinese background, I cheat my way into understanding some phrases with the kanji. If you've learned Chinese before, yay. Else, it'll be quite a climb - but worth it! I also heard there's furigana, from a friend who lives in Japan, when we were playing that word game Japanese seem to adore. But as a fellow learner, I highly suggest starting with katakana first. It's easier to write!

Check out this RPG game, "Slime Forest". Even the free edition helped me tremendously when I was learning katakana. It gives you a rough idea on how to translate English words into katakana/hiragana, or vice versa. It's like flash cards - only, a bit more interesting. (Hopefully you can get over the art, though.)

If you can, try speaking Japanese with someone who's fluent. There's a funny scene I came across ..

European: "Kee-mee wuh kuh-wah-ee." (Kimi wa kawaii = You are cute.)

Japanese Girl: "Atashi wa .. (sad) kowaii?" (Atashi wa kowaii = I am scary.)

So yeah, pronunciation is important unless you're just planning to read/understand.

Here are two charts I found really useful! (Credits to Kaoyux on DeviantArt.)

katakana_chart___video_by_ireal70-d4omtxh.png

hiragana_chart___video_by_ireal70-d4lb44d.png

Slime Forest non-practice mode:

2307.png

100 is the "money" your character has. Pretty much your points.

Project+LRNJ+Slime+Forest+4192010+61005+PM.bmp

The correct answer here is 'no' (you just have to press N and O on your keyboard).

Have fun!
Wow! Thank you so much! This is all a massive help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back