News Do you think you could be hit by a nuke?

Hall Kervean

Two Thousand Club
Basically, do you think where you live or the surrounding area is important enough to be tactically worth being nuked?
i.e. if you live in Washington D.C. the answer is yes.
If you live in England, Arkansas, the answer is probably no. (England is a city, guys)

My answer is yes. I live within about a half hour from a major nuclear development facility that is very high up. The city I actually live in has over 100K people in it, a major university, and hosted a big event, so... yeet.

Basically, do you think where you live or the surrounding area is important enough to be tactically worth being nuked?
If you live in England, Arkansas, the answer is probably no. (England is a city, guys)

My answer is yes. I live within about a half hour from a major nuclear development facility that is very high up. The city I actually live in has over 100K people in it, a major university, and hosted a big event, so... yeet.

I live in Minnesota and there are two major nuclear power plants centered in my area, from a military standpoint, it'd be perfect to nuke since it's in the middle of the US and the power plants would be additional firepower. Although it's close to the borders of Canada so you'd also be starting a war with a country that barely has an army.

Unbeknownst to the general public, every McDonald's is equipped with a bomb shelter, and the walls are laced with Minecraft obsidian, so that in the event of a nuclear holocaust, we can survive longer than Wendy's and serve food to the people of the post-apocalypse.

New Zealand isn't worth wasting a nuke on. Might be one of the best places to live post-apocalyptic ww3.
Also we have the worst island defenses with a military designed for supporting others countries (America's) wars, so if someone wanted to they could just invade and take over instead.

Only if they used a Tsar Bomb. I'm not sure if anyone intended to nuke Warsaw for any reason, but if they did, I'm easily in range of the radiation. I'd be a fried, radioactive chicken.

My area would take small amounts of fallout, nothing long-sleeve shirts, pants and face masks coudn't fix

Yes I live near Salt Lake City right next to a major air force base. I would be pretty screwed.

I live in MD ("Is that.. a city???") so if the capitol got bombed we might get fucked by radiation (if not by the bomb itself)

Probably. Tampa is a major city in Florida, and I live pretty close to there. So I may not get nuked directly, but I'll probably die of radiation poisoning.

Virginia a state that would be wiped off the map due to all the Military Bases we have here, and how close we are to D.C

Its very unlikely to survive unless you're protected by bomb shelters, assuming majority of the world is prepared for that. Also there's gas that's lethal enough to kill you, if they ever provide suits to prevent the gas from affecting you.

Its very unlikely to survive unless you're protected by bomb shelters, assuming majority of the world is prepared for that. Also there's gas that's lethal enough to kill you, if they ever provide suits to prevent the gas from affecting you.
I meant as a target, not as a result of radiation or nuclear winter.
Like, would you be within the blast radius or close enough that if that nuclear strike was the only one, you would be severely affected, and probably with a high risk of death?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back