Other Do you get anxious when people look over your shoulder?

This is a huge problem for me. I cannot stand for anyone to see or read my writing except my RP partners. At work I have tons of free time so I like to RP there but the staff and my other coworkers are NOSY.

This is a huge problem for me. I cannot stand for anyone to see or read my writing except my RP partners. At work I have tons of free time so I like to RP there but the staff and my other coworkers are NOSY.
*Aggressively reads RP posts without joining the RP*

I get annoyed and respond with words that range from polite to swear. Often taking the lords name in vain.

I am on the opposite end of a lot of you guys... x)

Unless I am REALLY focused on a hard problem, I don't really mind/even enjoy to an extent. IRL I really don't mind PDA from friends, family, or my SO, and when people do that it's usually to ask me about my code, or because they are bored and want to chat. Either way, it's chill and I get human interaction. Maybe it's because most of my friends/classmates/family are huge nerds so I don't really mind them knowing about me doing RP/watching anime/whatever geeky stuff I'm obsessing with that week, maybe it's because I'm really comfortable with PDA, idk.

Heck, even if I'm not too close to that person, it would take a lot to annoy me/make me uncomfortable. (like real close breathing in your hair when we've only talked twice? please go away)

My sister does this to me literally all the time when I'm on my laptop or I'm drawing and I hate it so much. And its not like she doesn't understand why I hate it, because I do the same thing to her to prove a point and she gets all huffy with me.

That depends on what am I doing at that moment and who is the one doing it xD
Though most of the moments, I don't really care.

Virtual shoulder or real shoulder? For virtual, nope. It just means that someone likes me and my partner's writing, which makes me feel happy! For real, holy f*** yes. It feels like an invasion of privacy.

not really, going to art school u kinda get used to it lol. im more on the opposite side, i enjoy showing people how i work :^)

Not really anxious so much as annoyed. Like I have no problems with someone sitting next to me and watching what I am doing, but looking directly over my shoulder is just rude.

i work at a place where people can see what you're doing through the glass and honestly it makes me so uncomfortable, i'm always dropping things or slipping or doing something completely dumb LOL

Eh, I think for me it depends on WHO is looking over my shoulder.

If its my boyfriend or mom or best friend or brother looking over my shoulder while I'm derpin' on my phone I don't care. I try my best to be polite and cordial even online, so I've got nothing to hide or that I'm ashamed of them seeing. I trust them and (I hope!) they trust me.

If its some stranger, however, that's a different story.

I did NOT choose to include you in my business, therefore, I don't appreciate my shoulder being looked over by someone I haven't established trust with.

It's one thing if someone glances over my shoulder for a moment, but if I keep catching them doing it? It drives me nuts. I completely understand the temptation, but it's just polite not to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back