• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Do tags still work?

JayTee

Eight Thousand Club
The last few times someone has @JayTee'd me, I didn't get the specific notification that someone had tagged me, instead it was just the normal notification that someone had posted in the thread that I was already in. Are they still active? Did they change in how they work? Or am I just doing it wrong?

Nope, the notification just says "Kagura replied to the thread", not "Kagura tagged you". Maybe the replied in thread notification overrides the tag?

Hm, I only get the reply too.

Something we'll have to look into I guess, I used to get both before too.

Try tagging me in a thread you know I'm not in? It might be that the notification overrides the tagging. (let me know here, too, just in case it doesn't work)

Yup, the thread notifications override the tag notification. I just got tagged in the New Years Resolution thread.

When I get tagged, I get notifications for both the thread and the tag. Maybe like Miz says, it's in the preferences somewhere?

@Miz I checked it and my alert preferences for tags is checked. In theory I should be getting an alert when someone tags me no matter what, but I don't seem to be getting one.

JayTee said:
@Miz I checked it and my alert preferences for tags is checked. In theory I should be getting an alert when someone tags me no matter what, but I don't seem to be getting one.
Its very unusual speaking your system is working opposite to what most people have been experiencing. We will have to look into it.

I wouldn't worry about it too much if I'm some bizarre exception. I get notifications that people have replied to threads I've already posted in, and their posts will include the tag they gave me, so I get a notification either way. Plus if I'm not in a thread and someone tags me, I get an actual alert that I was tagged. I just was curious if tags were disabled since I never got tagged anymore, and you could contact people with PMs if you really wanted to get ahold of them.

Pardon me if I'm a little late to this, but from my experiences, the general thread notification overrides the tag one. In my latest RP, I'd wake up to multiple posts tagged with my name. The first one wouldn't show up as a tag notification, but any later ones would. Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back