Dispensary

Lady Warlock

Anime RN
DWMA: Dispensary

latest

The dispensary serves as the nurse’s office of the DWMA and can be converted into a miniature hospital when needed. Students at the DWMA have a bad habit of getting hurt, after all. The current school nurse - Nadia - also uses it as an office space for herself when she doesn’t have any patients. She much prefers an empty dispensary to a full dispensary because that means students are healthy.

Last edited:
Jessyka Volontari
Ever since the mission earlier in the week, Jessyka had been suffering from a pounding headache that wouldn’t go away and she’d been struggling to sleep as well because one of the people who’d come to help at the end had picked her up. Things only got more complicated from there. She’d woken up while being carried which certainly hadn’t ended well. An anxiety attack had kicked in, Jessyka started hyperventilating and when they finally got her back to the DWMA, Nadia had needed to sedate her in order to get her respiratory rate back on track and prevent any alkalosis from getting too severe. Then, two hours later, she’d woken up yet again.

Being forced to unconsciousness twice in one day didn’t generally do good things to the body. She’d spent the night in the dispensary under the school nurse’s care and even though she’d been cleared to sleep at her own home finally, there were still lingering problems and Nadia - being the wise school nurse that she was - hadn’t actually sent Jessyka home with any medications. Instead, she expected Jessyka to come back the following morning if she needed anything.

It was a culmination of all of that that led Jessyka to be back at the DWMA bright and early that morning. She hadn’t slept much so there didn’t seem to be any point in staying at home any longer than she absolutely had to.

After reading the note on the door, Jessyka found herself hoping that maybe Nadia could give her an excuse to get out of attending a seminar. She didn’t really think that she personally needed any of the three lessons and neither did she think she would be able to focus on any of them at all. That hope remained on her mind as she walked through the hallways towards the dispensary. There weren’t many students wandering around just yet because it was early, but that was probably a good thing for her. It meant that she wouldn’t have to try and carry out a conversation with anyone and that probably saved her some pain in the long-term.

However, the fact that it was early resulted in another problem. When Jessyka arrived at the dispensary, the door was closed and locked. Nadia - the school nurse - wasn’t even in yet. “Well, fuck,” Jessyka cursed, turning to lean back against the wall and sliding down until she was sitting. Her head fell into her lap and her hands cradled it tenderly because it really was throbbing and there wasn’t anything she could do about it without the nurse.

Jessyka was simply stuck waiting until Nadia arrived. And for all she knew, that wouldn’t be until noon...

Dispensary: Friday of Week 1

Last edited:
Magna Carter
It was relatively early in the morning, and Carter was strolling through the halls of DWMA. His hands swung loosely in his jacket pockets, a pair of noise cancelling earbuds hung from his ears -- not being plugged into anything, and he was chewing on a stick of peppermint gum. He was still trying to get used to the layout of the school now that he was actually enrolled as a student there. Up until that point he had only had to go to a few places, but now he needed to make sense of the rows of classrooms as well as figuring out where the transformation seminar he was going to be attending was.

He was beginning to make a habit of getting up early anyway. It was at that time that pretty much everyone was still asleep, even most of the night owls. The few that were up were usually diligent people who didn't waste too much time on electronics, and there weren't that many people to send texts to or anything like that anyway. It was the best time for him to clear his mind and prepare for another day of headaches.

As he meandered down the hall with the dispensary -- a place he had been to on multiple occasions -- something caught his eye. A student was waiting on the bench outside the dispensary door, presumably waiting for the nurse. Carter could tell it was because of a headache, something he knew all too well.

Walking up to the dispensary door, he jiggled the handle and let out a sigh, "She's late."

Slipping the backpack off his back and setting it on the floor, he reached into one of the front pockets and pulled out a box of breakfast bars, saying, "It's no substitute for a meal, but eating something might help." Reaching into the backpack again, he added, "I've got some aspirin too, if you need. But that's about all I can do. You probably wanna drink some water, when you get a chance."

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

DWMA Dispensary: Friday of Week 1

Jessyka Volontari
Even with a headache that pounded, Jessyka still wasn’t out of it enough to fail to notice someone approaching her. She didn’t really react to it much because then she thought that maybe they would just walk right by her, but she still noticed it even if none of her actions truly showed that. Her head didn’t really turn or look up until Carter got close enough to actually jiggle the door and she was shocked that he honestly seemed to have expected her to be there. ‘If the door was open, why does he think I would be sitting out here?’ she wondered silently to herself.

Though she was irritated, Jessyka somehow managed not to bark. It was doubtful that much of her irritation was truly honest irritation; her headache was just throwing everything else about the morning off, and that was most likely to blame.

Jessyka meant to put her head back into her lap and down against her knees again, but Carter didn’t seem done with his comments and she looked at him when she realized there was no one else around except for her. That meant he had to be talking to her. Slowly and cautiously, she took the breakfast bar and mumbled, “Thank you.” She wasn’t sure she intended to eat it then and there, but it would be something for later. She was afraid that any sort of movement would only make the throbbing that much worse.

Then she shook her head. “I don’t think aspirin would help right now. I think I’m just… just gonna wait for Nadia to get here.” Her eyes glanced towards the bubbler briefly and she considered trying to get up for some water. Her head started spinning again, though, and she grimaced rather unpleasantly. Getting up wasn’t a good idea right now.

“Are you waiting for the nurse for something too?”

It was surprising to her that talking didn’t hurt too much, but it didn’t, so she might as well try to distract herself. Maybe that would make the pain just a bit less and anything that helped was worth it.

CelticHero37 CelticHero37

DWMA Dispensary: Friday of Week 1

Magna Carter
Carter let out a sigh, almost imitating the sound of hydraulics as he slid down the wall to sit on the floor next to the bench Jessyka was on. With a shrug, he responded, "Well, I can't say it was part of my plan this morning, but now that I'm here... well, I'm supposed to show up at least once a week for a checkup, so I might as well get it out of the way."

He spun a pen between his fingers for a moment before he added, "I keep saying she should just give me a key. I'm practically here enough to be an employee. But, of course, she can't take the chance because I might end up taking some of the drugs and sellin' them or somethin' like that. Which is total BS, though. No matter how you look at it, doin' drugs ain't cool."

While saying all this, Carter was making sure not to talk to loud. He was also making an attempt to move his electromagnetic field to a more relaxing frequency. The science behind the concept was pretty cool, he just hadn't had much practice with that sort of thing, but as long as he wasn't making the situation worse, it was worth a shot.

"Heh, yo. I probably got you thinkin' I got some sort of disability now, don't I? Well, I guess that's one way you could put it, but I don't see it that way. It's just that... I'm an experimental weapon. Not even Lord Death really understands me yet, so they gotta keep monitoring me for a while. Headaches are also a common side effect of my weapon type. So... yeah."

Last edited:
Jessyka Volontari
The girl with long pink hair narrowed her eyes at the student who was sharing this morning of waiting with her when he mentioned that he had to have weekly check-ups. “Weekly check-ups? Isn’t that a bit much?” She’d been in and out of various forms of care when she’d been younger because no one could figure out what was wrong with her before they’d written up her problems to a pathological fear, but even she had needed a break from all the fussing. Once a week could quickly get overwhelming if her memory served her right.

However, she wasn’t one to argue with doctors… or with nurses for that matter. That wasn’t her place unless it was something specific to her own care.

“I don’t think Nadia would ever accuse you of selling drugs or anything like that. You might forget to lock up at one point or another, though, and then someone else could.” Jessyka was one to consider all the possibilities behind the decisions that were made. “Although I do think that the school might benefit from having another nurse around, or someone to help out. There was a student who worked with Nadia a lot over the summer term, but he doesn’t seem to be back for the fall term.” It seemed rather unfortunate.

She chuckled when Carter mentioned that she might think he had a disability now and then she shrugged and added, “You’d be surprised by what is considered a disability right now. I could probably be labeled disabled for a pathological fear if I really wanted to let them do that.” She really hated it, but she didn’t doubt that it was the case.

“Anyway, thanks for the granola. Are you gonna sit around and wait for her or will you just stop by later?” Jessyka didn’t want to hold him up if he had better things to do and Carter really didn’t seem to be in any debilitating condition that prevented him from doing other things while he was waiting for the nurse. However, now that she thought about it, Jessyka’s headache was starting to feel just a little bit better. Perhaps breakfast helped or perhaps their conversation was simply distracting enough to take her attention off of the pain. After realizing that, continuing the conversation didn’t seem like a terrible idea.

“If you don’t mind my asking, what kind of weapon are you?”

[Font=Lightnin']Magna Carter[/Font]
Carter sighed when Jessyka asked about the weekly checkups and responded with a shrug, "Well, you kinda get used to it, I guess. It's not as much for me as it is for the people around me, though. 'Cause my electric fields can get all sorts a wacked, and if that happens, it could seriously mess with electronics, throw off people's balance, their internal clocks. Nothing serious, but enough to seriously screw with people's days."

After that he sat back and listened until the girl mentioned having a pathological fear. Then a quizzical look grew on his face. He was hesitant to ask any questions about it, though, because he knew things like that could be sensitive topics for some people. Thus he waited until she asked if he was going to stay and about his weapon type.

With another shrug, he said, "Well, I'm already here, and I'm feelin' too lazy to get up right now. So I think I'll stay if that's alright. As for the type of weapon I am... well... ever heard of a railgun? They're like these big weapons that use electromagnetic coils to propel objects at super high speeds like mach 7 or something. It's pretty cool. As for me, though? Well, I'm an experimental weapon. One of the latest. My classification is the Electro-Magnetic Accelerator Cannon... E.M.A.C. Which basically means I'm a prototype Railgun. A Railrifle, to be exact. First of its kind. It'd be pretty cool if it weren't for all the glitches and side effects. Heh, I'd give you a demonstration if it weren't for the fact that I'd likely demolish half the school in the process."

The explanation was followed by a short pause before Carter added, "H-hey, do you mind if I ask about that fear of yours? Or is that not cool?"

Jessyka Volontari
Usually it was hard to find someone to talk with who could actually hold her attention when she had this bothersome of a headache; the last time she’d found herself some reasonable conversation had been back when she had a steady partner. Unfortunately Skyler hadn’t returned after the summer interim and Jessyka still wasn’t sure why. She’d kinda been bouncing around partners ever since. Listening to what Carter had to share, though, the pink haired meister couldn’t help but wonder if maybe there was some good to come out of this terrible morning migraine. At the very least, maybe she could make a friend.

While she hadn’t heard of a railgun, she certainly knew how to use the gun part of it. When it came to weapons, whatever else went with it didn’t tend to matter for her because if she could shoot it, she could usually use it to at least some of its potential. Rifle was even more specific and her eyes widened at it. “So your shape would be something like Professor Mitsaki’s form, right?” Their professor was a rifle, after all.

“Working through glitches and the like is probably a good way to get used to working with a partner, though, right? If you’ve got things to work through, it gives you a good reason to work together whenever you can.” When she’d had a partner, Jessyka’s favorite activities had been some of the drills they devised together. She imagined those sorts of drills could be easier and more fun to devise when there were actually things that they needed to work on.

Unfortunately, it didn’t seem like life wanted to just let the conversation stay on Carter; it was bound and determined to come back to her eventually and it wasn’t something she found very exciting. Asking about her fear wasn’t the worst thing that could’ve happened, though. He could’ve touched her. That definitely would’ve been worse. “Well, almost everyone else knows about it so it doesn’t seem really fair to keep it from you,” she sighed in a defeated sort of tone. “It’s called haphephobia. I have a pathological fear of being touched.”

That being said, Jessyka knew it was probably right to offer a few more details. “Nothing caused it, either. There’s no story behind it like most people think there should be at all; its just something I’ve always had. Even when I was just a baby, the doctors couldn’t find any other reason why I would scream whenever someone held me.” She’d always wished she had a better explanation for it.

“I got knocked out on a mission a few days ago. Someone obviously had to carry me back to the academy and when I woke up in their arms… well, the nurse sedated me when we finally got back.”

Magna Carter
"Like Professor Mitsaki? Well... I suppose you could say that. Generally, the principle for the shooter wouldn't change. Holding form, aiming, and pulling the trigger are all essentially the same. Not so much in terms of looks and function, though. I'm designed to disperse recoil through multiple discharge points. Otherwise I'd be just as dangerous to the shooter as I am to the target. Add to that a state of the art targeting system that's more than just a scope and you've got a weapon sporting a whole new look," explained Carter.

"As for the glitches... I wouldn't really know," he continued -- scratching the back of his head, "I can see how that might strengthen a partnership. Only problem is, I don't have one yet. See, I was only allowed to actually enroll in the DWMA this year, and most of the people who don't have partners are other new kids who are too timid or scared to take on the walking lab rat. Not the coolest thing ever, but eh. It is what it is."

Carter could tell almost as soon as he asked about Jessyka's fear that it was something she wasn't too fond of discussing. Despite that, she still answered his question. Carter winced when she mentioned being sedated, "Ooh, that doesn't sound fun. I could think of plenty of reasons why you wouldn't want to be touched by someone, though. People can be disgusting. So if your natural instinct is to be afraid of that, I'd say it's understandable. I'm not trying to say that it's normal, because it isn't. You'd probably just think I'm a suck up if that were the case. The thing is, though... nobody's perfect. Everybody's got problems they have to live with, like my glitches. But at the end of the day, that's what makes you who you are. And I'd say that's pretty cool."

Last edited:
Jessyka Volontari
Although he didn’t seem to consider it to be too big of a deal or really an element at all in the conversation, at least from Jessyka’s interpretation, Jessyka was well aware that the fact that the principles of his weapon form wouldn’t change much for the shooter was an important factor in any weapon form at all. After all, there were plenty of odd and unique weapon forms in the world and plenty of them managed just fine; the problems brewed for the weapons that no one knew how to use, though, because they simply ended up being stuck on their own. It was a factor she remembered from a theory lecture she’d listened to a professor teach quite a while ago actually. She didn’t remember how long ago it had been, but apparently it had been a good lecture because it stuck with her.

“You know, I wouldn’t have any issues taking on a weapon like you,” she found herself commenting without really thinking about the implications of what she was saying. Jessyka needed a partner, after all, so surely there was nothing wrong with the offer she was making… in a way. “I’m a marksman meister. The only weapons I’ve ever used were firing arms; a lot of them get nervous at first because we’re basically screwed if anyone gets close, but I’ve never gotten anyone hurt because of my own failures.” By her failures, she was referring to her inability to tolerate being touched.

The more she thought about it, the more she realized that pairing up might be a good idea for them. They were both in and out of the nurse's office and it would be an opportunity to stick together. She was a marksman; he was a firearm. She was curious about his glitches and he seemed to be willing to put up with her own inadequacies. It was starting to sound like a good idea, actually. “Would you like to try working together sometime? We could see what happens and see if it works out.”

Jessyka Volontari, Magna Carter, Kassana Silverstream, Honey Mitskuni, and Igor
”You know, I wouldn’t have any issues taking on a weapon like you,”

Carter blinked when he heard what Jessyka said next. He couldn’t tell at first what she meant by that. Was she just speaking figuratively, or was this what he’d been waiting for? He looked up from the floor slightly as she continued to give justifications to the idea. He hadn’t said this before, but the truth was, most meisters he’d encountered had been too scared to take on the task of using an experimental weapon. He had hardly expected to find the person willing to take on that challenge this early in the morning, let alone in front of the Dispensary. He wasn’t even sure if Lord Death would allow him to partner with a meister or not. However, now was when he had to make the decision. This was possibly the only chance he’d get. Was he willing to put his faith in this meister? Then, the question came.

”Would you like to try working together sometime?”

Looking up to the girl sitting on the bench, a little smile came onto his face as he answered, “Yeah, if you think you’re up to it. I think that’d be cool.”

Jessyka smiled and meant to reply; however, with what came next, she didn't’ get a chance.

Being dragged through the DWMA wasn’t exactly something that Kassana could say she’d planned on for this particular day. She’d planned on training and she’d planned on possibly meeting some new people - which had already happened - but she hadn’t really planned on getting actually physically dragged anywhere at all, let alone with Honey at the helm of it all. Honey being the one doing the dragging actually seemed… well, highly uncharacteristic. However, Kassana wasn’t really in a position to question it or to stop it; she was quite literally the last link in the train being pulled along, actually, so all she could do was follow along.

Following along at least managed to bring them to the exact place they were supposed to be. That was one positive about it all. Their train of people finally came to a stop right outside the dispensary where they encountered two other students and a closed door.

In too much of a mission to help, her friend Honey didn’t even pay attention to the two people sitting outside the dispensary. Letting go of both Igor and Demetri’s hands she rushed over and tried the door but alas, it was locked. “No! Its locked?! Why is it locked?!” Honey questioned to no one.

“Because the nurse isn’t here yet,” Jessyka commented as though it was obvious. It was clear by her tone that the arrival of the long train wasn’t something that excited her in the slightest.

Puffing out her cheeks in frustration, Honey glared at the door. She thought about the situation for only a moment before smiling and whipping her head around to Igor. “Igor! We need to get in there!” She pointed at the locked door.

Igor watched his little meister point at the door in front of him. He chuckled from behind his mask and leaped at the door. With one hand he grabbed onto the handle and yanked, the whole handle was ripped off. He threw the useless item behind him and pushed the door open with his other hand. As usual he used too much force and the door just seemed to topple right over as if the hinges were not even attached. With the door newly opened, Honey ran inside to search for a band-aid for her friend.

Carter watched as the circus of newcomers approached. He got to his feet and straightened out his coat, planning on getting out of there. The only problem was, he didn’t know how to get in contact with the person who’d just offered to give him a shot as a partner. On top of that, he felt sort of obligated to make sure she was taken care of before he shoved off. Leaning back against the wall with a sigh, he was about to ask Jessyka another question when Igor knocked down the door.

He backed away from the scene in surprise, almost tripping over the bench, catching himself just in time so as not to topple over onto Jessyka. Then he shot a glare back at the group, “Yo! Not cool. What do you think you’re doing?”

Igor turned to look at the person who just yelled at him. The look of anger upon his face simply made Igor laugh.

Meanwhile, Jessyka was rolling her eyes before she waved to Carter in a gesture and said, “They probably didn’t think about what they were doing. That is part of the problem. Let’s go. This just became the worst place to be when you have a headache.” Although she didn’t extend a hand, because that would’ve been terrifying for her, it was her way of achieving the same thing.

Carter looked back to Jessyka, a little concerned about the situation. His first instinct would be to step in and have them take responsibility for what had just happened. However, he also took the hint Jessyka was trying to get across. He also knew, that if he got involved with whatever was going on, his electromagnetic field would start to get more sporadic and become a detriment, rather than a calming agent for Jessyka. With a labored sigh, he said, “Sure, I’ll come back and fix the door later.” Shoving his hands in his pockets, he turned as if to leave, but waited for Jessyka to come with. Jessyka followed along without hesitation.

Honey ran out of the dispensary about as quickly as she had run in. She held nothing more than a couple band-aids in her hand. She skidded to a stop right before Kassana holding them out to her, panting to try to catch her breath. “Here! Band-aids! Stop! The bleeding!” She shouted her words between breaths.

By the time Honey made it out of the dispensary with a band-aid in hand, Kassana was glancing at the injury on her arm and she came to realize that it was no longer bleeding. Suddenly, she felt awful for not noticing it sooner because noticing it sooner could’ve saved them a lot of effort along the way. “Uhm… actually the bleeding seems to have stopped. I’m… sorry I didn’t notice it sooner.” As usual, Kassana was rather soft spoken about the situation although she clearly was disappointed in herself for failing to notice important information she could’ve shared with a friend.

“O-ohh…” Honey trailed off, dropping the hand that held onto the band-aid. Then, as if a ton of bricks had hit her right in the chest, Honey remembered that she had Igor break down the door for this. Her hands flew to her head, dropping the band-aids in the process. “THE DOOR!” She squeaked loudly. “W-we broke the door for this! Oh no no no no!” Honey seemed to be in a panic as she began pacing the floor. “I-I-I don’t even know what to do! I mean, I know Igor breaks doors all the time but I TOLD him too! ME! What if I get in trouble?!?! I-I don’t want to get in trouble!!” Honey continued to panic.

His laughing fit basically over Igor watched his meister panic, pacing the floor back and forth. Back and forth and back and forth and back and forth, Igor was starting to get a it dizzy. He placed a hand on the wall to better steady himself as he continued to watch the situation.

Seeing Honey panic was slowly leading Kassana into an internal panic of her own. After all, if she had noticed that the bleeding stopped sooner, then Honey wouldn’t have felt the need to ask Igor to break the door in the first place. All in all, the blame led back to her own failure in her own mind. Reaching out, she put her hands on Honey’s shoulders, slipping her hand out of Demetri’s in the process, and tried to stop the small girl’s pacing. “It’s not your fault, Honey. I’ll let the nurse know when I see her. Its my fault I didn’t notice the bleeding stopped in time. I… I’m a horrible friend. I’m sorry, Honey.” Her head hanging now, she was fully prepared to take the whole blame.

Honey looked up at Kassana a bit shocked. “It's not your fault. YOU didn’t tell Igor to break school property. And your not a horrible friend either! You’re a great friend! You’re so nice and you don't slap me around like Igor!” Honey tried to comfort her friend, moving closer and arching her neck to look at Kassana’s face and smile.

As much as she wanted to believe Honey, Kassana wasn’t quite sold on the situation. However, she managed not to argue, which was a positive thing, and she merely nodded along. Glancing at Igor somewhow managed to bring training back into her memory. “Maybe we should just go get ready for training for now,” she suggested. She had a feeling that would get this somber feeling cleared from her system.

“Sounds great! Ummm…” Honey trailed off looking around. “I think it’s this way!” She grabbed Kassana’s hand and walked over to grab Igor’s hand. She began to walk down the hallway but stopped herself. She released the hand of the psycho in exchange for Demetri as he was still with them before continuing down the hallway with Igor trailing behind.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock CelticHero37 CelticHero37 thatonespacytallgirl thatonespacytallgirl

Demetri Voclain

Demetri could do nothing but sigh as he was dragged through the hallways of the DWMA by Igor and Honey. Demetri had lost all the fucks he had to give a long time ago so he didn't care that his friends were making such a massive scene. As they approached the dispensary he noticed the souls of two people waiting outside. One of them he recognized as the meister Jessyka and the other one he vaguely remembered being at the incident at the cafeteria the other day. Regardless, Demetri was too much of a social recluse to strike up a conversation so he ignored them as he turned his attention to Igor ripping the door off and tossing it. He sighed and rolled his eyes as Honey burst into the dispensary. Why were all his friends like this? Demetri decided he wanted nothing to do with the chaos as he leaned against the wall outside and shoved his hands in his pockets. He listened ideally as they argued how they were going to explain the broken door to the nurse and sighed again.

“Just tell them the truth,” he grumbled.. “Between Ivy and Igor the staff is already used to broken shit around here.” Demetri’s quiet voice didn’t reach his friends though, as Kassana went on about how she was a horrible friend. Demetri frowned at that. While he was the king of thinking negative thoughts about himself, he still didn't like hearing his friends talk themselves down like that. Before he could jump in though Honey was already reassuring Kassana of her worthiness. Demetri’s expression softened at Honey’s words and let her take the lead in reassuring Kassana. He was never very good at cheering people up anyway.

As Kassana suggested they get ready for training, Demetri pushed himself off the wall. He felt Honey’s hand reach back for him, brushing past his elbow before reaching down and grasping his hand. He let himself be dragged along by his smaller friend and wondered ideally if he should mention that he thought they were going the wrong way.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back