• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Help Disgusting songs? Idk lol

xpstitch

Loser
Hi. I had this idea about a thread or two I wanted to do. But first I kind of want to know if it would cause trouble in terms of rules. I was bored recently and looked up a song I once heard. It was one of those REALLY dirty songs. Like it legit had a reference to a certain unamed...substance. I thought about making a thread here asking people for suggestions on ridiculously nasty songs. The kind that make you spit out your soda and laugh.

But I was wondering if I or somebody else might get in trouble. Can somebody please answer some questions about it? Like, can we get in trouble for posting a YouTube link to a very explicit song?

I'm just bored and very curious for laughs what kind of crazy stuff is out there. What about lyrics? Just out of curiosity, can we post dirty lyrics? How bad can they be? Where would that go? Are there words that can't be heard or used on here?

I just don't want to get in trouble with the whole explicit content rules and whatnot. Plus the whole censorship when it comes to say, a minor finding the thread and their parents throwing a hissy fit and sueing because their kid found an uncensored song on the website. Or the lyrics.

It isn't a roleplay so it isn't encouraging erotic content but perhaps there are rules I forgot about when it comes to posting explicit words in terms of lyrics? Would it be deemed explicit content?

If you can’t roleplay about it or say it (such as words that are censored by our filter) then you can’t link it in an image, video, or any other form of media. So this type of thread would not be a good idea as it could potentially have users breaking site rules.

Explicit content includes actual sex and description of genitalia. If a song includes that, you're not encouraging erotic content, you're posting it. Beyond that, we only censor slurs (you can figure out which ones in your private workshop) that are considered unacceptable in America, so if a song contains those it's a no-go.

Ultimately you are allowed to make a decision (within the rules) based on whether or not you wish to make such a thread - but be prepared to have several stipulations with a high possibility of it being locked if inappropriate content is shared.

What about a thread posting the titles of songs or band names, so long as the names aren't explicit? (Assuming the song or artist name isn't dirty in itself)

Same rules apply because you're directing people to content.
So far as slurs - if a user has any user has doubts about a word, they can always check in their private workshop! Words like shit, fuck, hell, etc are all fine in 'polite' society here... but derogatory terms aren't.

If something contains content that's against our rules, it can't be promoted - at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back