• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Discussion threads

HK Fifty

Jedi Historian
I notice we have a Video Game discussion Forum , a Current events one , obviously a role playing one , doubly obvious general discussion , and a Creativity one (for again obvious reasons) but not one for Fandom discussion. I know this may seem to 'niche' but I see very many threads in general discussion relating to fandoms , and if Video Games warrants one , I see no reason to not give fandoms it's own specific forum/thread. Just a thought.

@HK 50 09

Within the general discussion forum, we have a prefixes available for TV & Film as well as Anime & Manga. That plus Video Games should cover all fandom bases, correct? Or is there other fandom material that we're missing out on? o:

Pine said:
@HK 50 09
Within the general discussion forum, we have a prefixes available for TV & Film as well as Anime & Manga. That plus Video Games should cover all fandom bases, correct? Or is there other fandom material that we're missing out on? o:
Yes , but GD also has prefixes for gaming too. And gaming should be gaming specific only. We should have a separate forum for fandom things , so we don't clutter the gaming and general with it. IMO general should be for more-random or non-specific things , with a forum for fandom added to have a full array of specific ones. And no , gaming doesn't cover all fandoms , either.

[QUOTE="HK 50 09]Yes , but GD also has prefixes for gaming too. And gaming should be gaming specific only. We should have a separate forum for fandom things , so we don't clutter the gaming and general with it. IMO general should be for more-random or non-specific things , with a forum for fandom added to have a full array of specific ones. And no , gaming doesn't cover all fandoms , either.

[/QUOTE]
I think the general philosophy that informs what topics get dedicated forums, as I recall, is....if people are using it a lot, it get's its own forum. Video games were recently receiving a lot of activity so the staff pulled it out to reduce the clutter in General. I presume that at which point Fandom (or any other topic) gets enough hype, it will probably receive a similar treatment. I hope that helps. :)

Tronethiel said:
I think the general philosophy that informs what topics get dedicated forums, as I recall, is....if people are using it a lot, it get's its own forum. Video games were recently receiving a lot of activity so the staff pulled it out to reduce the clutter in General. I presume that at which point Fandom (or any other topic) gets enough hype, it will probably receive a similar treatment. I hope that helps. :)
This :3

[QUOTE="HK 50 09]Ah , that makes sense. Well , I sure will be using 'TV and film' a lot (Star Wars is that category no?).

[/QUOTE]
That's somewhat tricky since Star Wars bleeds into film, books, and video games. I wouldn't stress over it too much though. If you want to talk about one of those categories specifically then use the relevant tag. If you end up talking about all of them, I'm sure no one is going to make a fuss about it. 'TV and film' would probably be a good place to start though, since the franchise began as a film. :)

Tronethiel said:
That's somewhat tricky since Star Wars bleeds into film, books, and video games. I wouldn't stress over it too much though. If you want to talk about one of those categories specifically then use the relevant tag. If you end up talking about all of them, I'm sure no one is going to make a fuss about it. 'TV and film' would probably be a good place to start though, since the franchise began as a film. :)
There's a point in favor of a fandom tag/forum , then. I know of quite a few like that indeed , but I'll use the relevant tags for each type. (EG : I, Jedi discussion would be books , but Flaws In ESB no one points out would be TV & film , BUT republic commando should get a sequel here's why is gaming.)

If you're going for that, I'd honestly just tag it with 'Star Wars' as well as 'fandom'. There's not really a reason to make a separate forum for fandom discussion when it's not yet needed. However, I'd imagine if you had a thread, you wouldn't just be talking about Star Wars in general - that's not really conversation fuel, you'd probably have to talk about the about something specific like the films or games.

Personally, I'd just put a Star Wars thread under the TV and Films prefix and tag it, at least at this point. You could also just use the 'other' prefix, if you wanted.

A fandom tag is a cool idea, though!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back