Opinion Discouraged

Lovelace

Don't you hate it when you get so excited about a story and your writer just poofs into thin air? Especially after they show you how good they are and after the 40th page you kind of get VERY excited about it?

Yeah. I'm f*ing tired of it.

It's becoming so frustrating I don't even know why I'm caring for writing so much. Is it SO wrong to expect some consistency? -.- It's seriously off-putting and it discourages me from playing even the characters that have been with me for years.

~ Rant over. ~

Yeah, it's a sad truth that so many writers lose interest or motivation to finish their stuff.

That said, 40 pages is still pretty impressive! Back at my home forum, we hardly ever got to ten pages, most of the time.

I got to over five hundred pages on one of my group RPs before. Sad to see that one go. I just pick myself up and move on - heck, if you want an RP partner I'm always open and I never ditch, lol. I feel your pain though.

Is it SO wrong to expect some consistency?
Getting to 40 pages is one hell of a feat. You can't get there without consistency. What you want is a blood pact and the ability to reel this person in when he or she decides to prioritize something else in their life.

I could see me on the other end, though not as a good writer.
I would be putting out my best and then thinking my posts were getting worse and worse
and feel like I was not doing the other person justice
so I would leave, and feel like they would pick up why
they would feel like I abandoned them
I would feel like I was doing them a favor and letting them move on with a better rper.

It's the most disappointing when we're well into the plot, and all of a sudden they vanish without a trace. Some previous partners on other sites last logged in years ago, and I can't help but wonder if they're ok. I try not to do this to my partners, but I know it has happened at least once.

Getting to 40 pages is one hell of a feat. You can't get there without consistency. What you want is a blood pact and the ability to reel this person in when he or she decides to prioritize something else in their life.

Usually I reach 40 pages in about 5 days. With 3-5 paragraph replies you'd be surprised how fast they add up.

I would be putting out my best and then thinking my posts were getting worse and worse
I would feel like I was doing them a favor and letting them move on with a better rper.
Sure. But at least let them know so they don't wonder why they weren't good enough for you. xD

If you don't want to continue an RP, that's fine. Just explain it to the person. Don't go quiet on them - going quiet on them and never speaking again is hands down one of the most dickish things you can do and it makes the person on the receiving end feel pretty shitty. I've been on the receiving end and I can tell you it feels a lot worse than having someone tell you they don't want to continue. Good luck, bro :)

Usually I reach 40 pages in about 5 days. With 3-5 paragraph replies you'd be surprised how fast they add up.
Are we talking forty pages on microsoft word or forum pages? I'm just curious. It doesn't change my stance as I've never been able to write 40 pages alone,but have written 75k words for an rp in the past.

Are we talking forty pages on microsoft word or forum pages? I'm just curious. It doesn't change my stance as I've never been able to write 40 pages alone,but have written 75k words for an rp in the past.

We're talking google docs. That's where I usually write. As a comparison 77488 words is 154 pages.

If you don't want to continue an RP, that's fine. Just explain it to the person. Don't go quiet on them - going quiet on them and never speaking again is hands down one of the most dickish things you can do and it makes the person on the receiving end feel pretty shitty. I've been on the receiving end and I can tell you it feels a lot worse than having someone tell you they don't want to continue. Good luck, bro :)

Right? Trust me to be an adult and take rejection. I'd likely ask why, but I'd accept it within 2 minutes. It's really a lot nicer than letting me wonder for weeks. -.-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back