• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Help Discord??

ctm

Can someone explain discord to me and maybe the differences between this and that? Thank you ?

ctm ctm -- discord is a chatroom service that among other things, can be used as an enhancement for some of the stuff we do on RPN. For example, I have a nation building RP on RPN for years now, and posts come in day in and day out give or take, sometimes slower -- but on the discord chatroom it's a lot easier to talk about the game in real time and discuss plans for the story and game in general.

If you want an introduction to discord, let me know and I'll show you my RP's discord so you can see how it can augment a regular RP on RPN. <3

It's a voice chat like Mumble or Teamspeak, but also a text chat, and you can be in multiple servers at the same time (unlike other voice/text chat programs that I've tried). I find it very convenient now that RpN and all of my MMO guilds are all using it -- I only have to log in once and I'm in with all of them! There's an app that you can use on phone or desktop, or if you don't want an app, you can run it in your browser of choice.

ctm ctm -- discord is a chatroom service that among other things, can be used as an enhancement for some of the stuff we do on RPN. For example, I have a nation building RP on RPN for years now, and posts come in day in and day out give or take, sometimes slower -- but on the discord chatroom it's a lot easier to talk about the game in real time and discuss plans for the story and game in general.

If you want an introduction to discord, let me know and I'll show you my RP's discord so you can see how it can augment a regular RP on RPN. <3

That’d be great! Thanks!

Discord is cool for gaming. It's simply convenient to use, so sometimes it's easier to do there. There's also a nifty voice chat. ^u^

I dunno, this is old and you've gotten a lot of answers. >.> I just need one more post. Sorry.

I've heard Discord a lot while searching today (new to me), and it made me wonder... Are there still any Ancients out there who use AIM?

I've heard Discord a lot while searching today (new to me), and it made me wonder... Are there still any Ancients out there who use AIM?
AIM was shut down Dec 2017.

I use a site to download old versions of certain programs, so I just use the last version I enjoyed, typically.

I don't think it will work even if you find somewhere to download it from, really. AOL didn't just stop supporting it, they literally shut it down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back