• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Suggestion Discord Chat Groups?

AlbaGuBrath

"Scotland Forever"
So, with a number of users using Discord even long after the update, I thought of something that might be interesting. What if users could make Discord groups based on something they were interested in, or as a group of friends, or whatever else, and they could invite others to join them? I'm sure this already happens to some degree, such as for roleplay OOC chats, but maybe there could be a place to browse avalible groups to find one that interests you rather than just stumbling on them by chance. Do you think that might be something that would work well?

So, with a number of users using Discord even long after the update, I thought of something that might be interesting. What if users could make Discord groups based on something they were interested in, or as a group of friends, or whatever else, and they could invite others to join them? I'm sure this already happens to some degree, such as for roleplay OOC chats, but maybe there could be a place to browse avalible groups to find one that interests you rather than just stumbling on them by chance. Do you think that might be something that would work well?
So, you are asking for a directory of all discord servers members have made then?

You're already free to create your own groups with other members and friends based upon interests, but we will most likely never advertise/make a listing for them considering they aren't an official part of RpN and can't be monitored as such.

So, you are asking for a directory of all discord servers members have made then?
Yeah, basically. But I see what StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 means about monitoring, that might be an issue... Anyway, I was just wondering.

I would assume that members couldn't officially advertise their own, then, beyond inviting specific members?

You can post one on your profile or whatever, if you don't mind that random people may show up. Sharing a Discord server isn't against the rules. Just bear in mind that we probably won't be making an official list, as StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 said, or endorsing an unofficial list, nor can we enforce RpN rules on non-RpN servers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back