Dire Lances and Power Combat

Navander

Under the PG rules, how much damage does a Dire Lance do on a charge?  It says it does extra damage, but not how much.

Also, does anybody think the dire lances stats (esp. damage) are too high?

I think that the overal stats for the power combat dire lance are too high.

I think in a mounted charge you add 8 dice of damage or something like that (i believe this is in the corebook)

Well, looking at it's statistics it might look like a pretty impressive weapon...

But consider all the disadvantages. Just like a Grand daiklaive, it's still a huge weapon and cannot be wielded in close quarters. It's big, shiny, and definately shows you are exalted. Even wrapped in a blanket or something, nobody is gonna miss you with that huge weapon you're carrying around.

In addition, it's stats are indeed impressive, but the most impressive are it's stats while  charging. How often do you actually charge during a combat ? Especially when taken into account that some attacks just shouldn't count as a charge, the DM should avoid giving people who make only a short run the charge bonus. And how much "fun" do you actually think the Horse has when you're riding on it carrying your huge orichalcum dire lance? sure, it might not weigh anything for you, but it's definately weight for the animal that's carrying you, causing more handicap for the use of these kind of weapons.

All in all, I think it's a fine balanced weapon, when mixed in a game that has "actual" roleplaying.

I designed a compromise solution for my ST to review.  I cut the damage to 6L.  Thanks for the input guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back