Idea Diluvium, the Flooded City

Stormyface

CADIA STANDS
DiluviumFull.gif For a quest I'm running elsewhere. If you have any cool ideas, please share. I don't really have anything for the shipyards or Merchant's Quarter yet.

Diluvium was the patron city of the storm god Bor. Upon his death, the eternal maelstrom he kept there went out of control, flooding the city and killing thousands. The city currently lies dormant, waiting to be reclaimed by Krystal Tassoni, champion of Alagos, and her paladin followers.
The city lies underground, in the cliffs by the West Sea. A wall built to prevent flooding and pirate attacks allows light into the Upper Quarter, and a crevasse allows for ships to enter and unload their wares. A tram system is in place, powered in part by standard wind propulsion, but will be unusable until the stations are re-powered (both ends must be powered, the energy was shut off when the flooding began).
Two bosses are planned, perhaps a third in the Arcane Sanctum if I think of something cool. First is a spidery fiend thing. Take the most awful, horrible bug you can imagine, and multiply it by Chaos Aragog infected with AIDS.
Second is the city's Duke, whose name I haven't come up with yet. He's the final boss, residing in Castle Diluvium. He'll probably use magic and a rapier.

The plan is to separate Krystal (quest's main character) from her followers. An earthquake or excessive probing causes her to fall down a gravel slope behind the entrance tunnel's wall. She then continues down the escape tunnel the city's prisoners attempted to finish, fights the spider, gets her reward (the final piece of some armor that'll let her dash) and gets captured by daemonettes who send her into gladiatorial combat.
These series of events will depend on a roll. Should the roll succeed, and no tunnel incident occurs, the journey will proceed as normal. The random roll should also make the questers paranoid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back