Differences don't matter, do they? (TheSakuraBreeze & Tigress)

Tigress

Feline Overlord
It's the year 2013 and the world is great for most people. Lives are fun and relationships are great, children are doing well in school and people's jobs have been successful throughout the year so far. The year has been great.

Except for the mysterious string of murders.

Over the past few weeks there have been countless inexplicable murders, and when interviewed, all the witnesses were able to say was that there was always a young girl there with skin as pale as death and hair as white as snow and a dress as black as coal. The only wounds the victims suffered were two small holes at the base of their necks.

News of these murders reached the head of the Sorcerer clan, a clan that dedicated their lives to protecting the human race no matter what the cost was, and this killer was something that all Sorcerers have hated for many years: A Vampire.

A Sorcerer has been sent out to capture and kill this Vampire, and to do so she needs to blend in to the society of the human world. The choice place to hide? Rosewood High. This is apparently where the Vampire was last seen.

Will she be able to kill this creature and fulfill her duties as a sorcerer? Or is there a chance that she could actually enjoy the company of her rival and victim?

---------------------------------

My character:

sample_59f8a7043230c3da4b0280a6e8dc95bdd85223e7.jpg

Name: Raven Phantom Blair

Species: Vampire

(I would give more details about her, but I always end up straying away from the set details, sooo.......)

Last edited by a moderator:
Kasumi was always a natural at magic, even from a very early age, and she loved the power of it. A genius is what she was, earning her endless pride from her family and a prestigious position in the Sorcerer's clan from a young age. She had good pay, challenging, but fun, jobs, and a very, very nice life. It was all simple. Black and white. Kill vampires, preside secretly over ordinary humans, keep other creatures in check and relax on off-days. That was, until her assignment to Rosewood High.

There had been news of a mysterious deaths there and all signs pointed to one thing: a vampire. It was to be exterminated immediately.

So, she started by becoming an attendee at Rosewood High. As she sat near the back of her new classroom, next to the window, before class, she eyed her classmates carefully. None of them seemed to be suspicious. Yet. She decided that she would start questioning them after class, during their first break. Playing the shy new girl would probably keep her as under the radar as possible. Sitting there, she began to take notes on her classmates, their behavioral patterns, their names, their appearances, disguising it as a story, and continued to watch silently.

------------------------------

Character:

ll2t.jpg

Name: Kasumi Hirako

Species: human/sorcerer

Obviously, Kasumi doesn't wear a kimono at school :P

(danm she should wear the kimono at school :P just for fun. Raven always wears gothic style clothes to school *shrugs*)

Raven sauntered into school, the light blue contact lenses over her blood red eyes feeling a little uncomfortable. She smiled at one of the boys as he ran over to her. "Hey! Raven! Can I ask you a question?" he asked, panting slightly as he came to a halt next to her. The pale skinned girl waved a hand. "Sure, you can walk with me to my first class and we can talk along the way" she told his with a smile, her small fangs easily hidden.

As they walked, the boy shifted uncomfortably. When they reached the door of her classroom he finally mustered up the courage to ask his question. "Raven, would you like to go to lunch with me this weekend?" he asked quickly before beginning to blush. Raven blinked with slight surprise. "Lunch? This weekend...? Well I don't see why not" she said with a shrug before turning away and walking to her desk. He seemed happy with her answer. "Cool! I'll see you after school then to talk about details!" he called over his shoulder before c=racing over to his classroom.

Raven slumped down on her chair, the one in front of Kasumi, and let her head fall to the desk. She was exhausted, even for a Vampire.

(yeah but she wouldn't be able to earn the trust of her classmate like that :P )

Just as she was finishing up her preliminary notes on the other members of her class, she saw another girl walk in through the corner of her eye. Something about her presence bothered Kasumi, causing her to look up. She watched her, with eyes like a hawk, as she entered the classroom and sat in front of her. Just who was this girl? She began scribbling more notes, about this new arrival, when she realized that she did not know her name. The other students were not talking to her, nor were they saying anything about her. She supposed she could wait until she picked up her name from someone else.

No, she needed to know now. There was definitely something off about her. She leaned forward and tapped the girl's back, putting on her best 'friendly' look, utilizing a kind smile to top if off.

"Hey, you alright?" Kasumi asked in a gentle tone. She briefly considered casting a small spell in order to learn more about this girl, but then decided against it. If, by some freakish coincidence, she indeed turned out to be the vampire, that would be a very, very bad move on her part. It would probably send her running and she would have to start all over again or even cause a fight. Hiding the existence of vampires was top priority.

She pushed those thoughts out of her mind and concentrated on the task at hand; gathering knowledge.

The girl rolled her head to the side to look at the girl behind her, her icy blue eyes taking in every detail about her. Slightly tanned skin, chocolatey brown hair and eyes, slender figure that was shaped by the school uniform... A perfect victim. For a later time though. "Mhm, I'm fine. Just exhausted" she mumbled, keeping her small fangs hidden. She didn't want the new kid knowing that she was a vampire now, did she?

The teacher turned around and spotted Raven, who had been late for the class. "Raven. You are late again" he stated, folding his arms over his chest. Raven sat up slowly before smiling sweetly. "Sorry sir, I over slept again. I was up late last night preparing for the student I am tutoring this afternoon" she explained in a gentle, almost angelic voice. The teacher sighed and nodded. "Alright. You'll be excused for today."

Kasumi felt a little uncomfortable at the way the girl looked at her, but she did not let any discomfort show on her face or in her body language. She kept a warm, sweet, gentle expression and a somewhat relaxed, but not lazy-looking, posture. She was very meticulous in how she presented herself to others, especially when on an investigation. It grew tiresome sometimes, but it proved rewarding most of the time.

She listened carefully as the teacher spoke. Raven, eh? Discretely, she jotted down her name next to the notes she had made about her. It also seemed that this student was a diligent worker. Either that, or excellent at manipulating people. She briefly wondered which it was - she couldn't afford to make assumptions about anyone. "Wow, you work so hard. You must get really good grades," She said quietly, feigning a tone of awe.

The vampire girl smiled politely. "Why yes I do. Although, not many people seem to care about it" she said with a sllight shrug, turning to face the front of the class again and listening to the teacher, taking down a few notes every now and then. It's not like she needed to, she had been wandering around on earth for almost 200 years after all.

The bell rang loudly, making Raven wince. The sound hurt her ears. Muttering about the frequency and pitch of the bell as she packed her over the shoulder bag quickly before walking out of the classroom. The same boy who had walked with her to class was standing there with a smile. It was the lunch break now, so Raven had nothing to do. She also knew that this boy sat with his group of friends in a rather sunny section of the school yard. "Hey Raven, would you like to sit with us at lunch?" he asked her, directing towards the group of guys waiting behind them.

Raven smiled slightly. "I'd love to. But I'm afraid I need to continue planning for my tutoring session this afternoon" she said with a smile, ruffling his hair. He pulled a face and sighed. "Alright. Just come sit with us if you want to take a break, alright?" Raven nodded before walking off and sitting in the shade of a large oak tree

She gave Raven a warm smile as a reply, which quickly disappeared when she turned away. No use keeping up an act when no one was watching, right? She pretended to take notes on what the teacher was talking about - whatever it was, she was already an expert on it - while she really took note of Raven's movements. She couldn't help but feel a little suspicious of her and her instincts were usually pretty good.

She made absolutely sure to take note of Raven's wincing at the sound of the bell. Most people didn't do that. She packed away her things and hesitated for a moment. What would be her best course of action now? She could go sit with Raven, but she may appear too... Incessant. She made her way out of the classroom slowly, keeping her actions true to the persona she was projecting.

Instead of sitting next to her straight away, she decided that she should come off as a little shy, and she sat on a nearby bench. She looked around for a moment, appearing unsure of herself, then took out a book and began reading while she ate from a packet of crisps.

Raven sat under the tree in silence, as she said she would, and worked on the english and maths work that she would be working on with a student later that day. However, when she looked up, she noticed the new girl sitting alone. She gave a heavy sigh. Even though she was a vampire, she was still a relatively nice person.

She got up and walked through the sun to the girl, squinting slightly as she looked at the new girl. "Why don't you come join me in the shade?" she asked, directing towards the tree where her back and work was lying scattered on the ground. She was trying to be polite as usual.

Kasumi looked up from her book, genuinely surprised. She hadn't expected that to work so quickly. Vampires generally weren't so polite. Perhaps she wasn't the one? No, she couldn't rule anything off yet, but it did seem a little less likely. She was unsure of how to respond. "Oh, thank you," She said after a moment's internal deliberation, then plastered a bright smile on her face.

She stood up happily and walked with Raven to her spot under the tree, sitting beside her. She kept the book open in her lap and continued to read, but glanced up when she spoke. "Are you working on more tutoring stuff?" She asked sweetly, looking over at all the papers scattered about. It looked perfectly mundane.

Jinx huffed and stepped into the shadows quickly, stopping herself from muttering curses at the sunlight. She gracefully plopped herself down in front of the work she was busy with, giving a small, curt nod when the new girl spoke. "Mhm. It is rather boring at times, but I get paid for it and I guess I enjoy it, so I don't mind" she said with a yawn, covering her mouth with her slender fingers so that her small fangs remained hidden.

She packed some of the work away after a while, her conttact lenses beginning to hurt her eyes. She closed her eyes before lightly rubbing them, glancing away from the girl when she opened them just in case the lenses slipped out of place for a few seconds when she opened her eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back