• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered Difference between an Interest Check and Main Thread?

Callidex

Secretly Kaiser Wilhelm II
From what I can see, they’re both kind of the same thing. Maybe i’m just kind of ignorant. If anyone could answer my question, that would be awesome.

Think of Interest Checks like an advertisement. The main thread is where your RP takes place, but you need to reach out to people who would want to participate, so you make an Interest Check thread to try and catch those people's attention

Think of Interest Checks like an advertisement. The main thread is where your RP takes place, but you need to reach out to people who would want to participate, so you make an Interest Check thread to try and catch those people's attention
But do I need to put out an interest check before making a main thread? Because i’ve seen people essentially doing the same thing with interest checks with main rp threads.

But do I need to put out an interest check before making a main thread? Because i’ve seen people essentially doing the same thing with interest checks with main rp threads.
Nope. They're just there so people can look for others to participate in their RPs if they need to, which they often do. If you already have enough people or otherwise don't need to look for more, then you can just make the RP thread without an Interest Check

Nope. They're just there so people can look for others to participate in their RPs if they need to, which they often do. If you already have enough people or otherwise don't need to look for more, then you can just make the RP thread without an Interest Check
Huh. Alright then. Because recently I put out an interest check (which I wish that I could delete) and I found the whole process confusing as all hell. Thank you for the tips.

Huh. Alright then. Because recently I put out an interest check (which I wish that I could delete) and I found the whole process confusing as all hell. Thank you for the tips.
If you really want to delete it, you're welcome to ask the Staff to help you. They'd be more than happy to do it for you ^.^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back