Dice Question

Dugym

One Thousand Club
<p>

I know how you do this, as I have done this in real life, but I just have some questions about the terms you are using. The ones that I don't know exactly what you mean by are below. "Throwing a die for..." "Target" "Difficulty (Optional)" "Use Willpower?" "Damage" "Modifier" I am guessing this means, for example, if a character has a +5 on a skill, you add +5, but I just want to be certain.

</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
'Throwing a die for' is basically meant to mean 'rolling dice for', so you just type in the action or the roll (ex. Strength, Wits + Composure, Going Aggro, depending on the system).

I think Target is meant to be the number you need, but I can't recall if it's number of successes (because White Wolf games have the longest history on this site) or the number on the die.

Difficulty is almost certainly for the target number of the roll - you know, like in D&D when you want to roll 16 or over or whathaveyou?

Use Willpower is an Exalted/World of Darkness thing. You spend a point of willpower to add 3 bonus dice.

Damage is also tied to Exalted - if it's an attack roll, you tick that so it'll change the display and calculation a bit.

Modifier is as you suspected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back