• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

DiamondJack's Pokemon Shorts

DiamondJack

Most Call Me Jack
I've always loved pokemon as some of you know, and a while back I started writing some pokemon shorts... I figured I'd post 'em here for y'all to enjoy. I might even continue writing them.

Mind you, these are short. Like less than 800 words short. Don't complain about length. Here's the first two Desert Woes and Underground.

Desert Woes

Brendan clutched the shotgun that Wattson had given him before he had died. The world was a cruel place and Brendan had been thrust into it at just 17 after his mother had been kidnapped by Team Magma. Worse than that was the fact that Brendan's father was nowhere to be found.

Brendan trudged through the sand on Route 111. He had to get through the desert before nightfall. When people wandered into the Route 111 at night, they didn't come back. Why that was, Brendan wasn't so sure.

Brendan heard a cry.

"Oh no," said Brendan to himself as he shouldered his shotgun. Pokemon were dangerous creatures, only a select few had been domesticated by humans, the rest tended to avoid humans, save for a small group that outright attacked anything that moved. Flygon was one of those pokemon, and they were common in Hoenn's desert.

A Huge shadow crossed in front of Brendan. Brendan aimed down the sights of his shotgun. The six foot beast circled around and began diving straight for Brendan. Brendan fired weapon twice, hitting the Flygon in the left wing and head. Brendan then had to think fast, he still had almost two hundred pounds hurdling twords him.

Brendan jumped out of the way, but this ended being a mistake. Brendan hit his head on a rock and felt his consiousness fade.

Brendan woke to the sound of something being dragged. He quickly realized that he was the one being dragged. Brendan quickly broke free from the grip of the one who was dragging him. When Brendan got up he looked around to realize that there was no one around him, and that his shotgun was lying on the ground along with a canteen.

Brendan had been saved by someone, but he didn't know who. Brendan collected the gear on the ground and checked his shotgun ammo. Three more sheels had been used since he had shot down the Flygon. Either someone had been defending him and left him as soon as he awoke, or Brendan had blacked out and had been on auto-pilot.

Then it hit Brendan like a ton of bricks. The sky was black flecked with white. It was night time, Brendan didn't stand a chance. He began to panic, he was dead, deader than dead.

Then Brendan's Sanity took over. He just had to cross the desert and he was most of the way there as it was. Brendan took up his shotgun and began once agin trudging through the sand.

After a while Brendan noticed that the cacti in the desert were following him. Brendan had heard legends of the moving cacti in the Route 111 desert, but he had never actually believed it.

Brendan stopped to watch the cacti, but they were closing in. It was at that point that Brendan realized that these weren't plants at all, they were Pokemon. Brendan leveled his shotgun on the nearest one's head and blew the plant Pokemon's head apart. The others began to move more quickly

Shots rang out through the desert as Brendan dropped the cacti one by one. When there was only on cactus left Brendan set the shotgun's sights directly center in the moving plant's chest.

Click.

Brendan was out of ammo. The Cactus waded through the sand toward him. Brendan took off in the other direction. There was no way he could take down a cactus in a fist fight. Brendan ran until he heard a shot ring out. Brendan stopped and looked back, the cactus had been shot in the head. Brendan looked for the pokemon's assailant. All Brandon caught of the shooter was a flash of red.

Brendan limped into Lavaridge Town. He had made it, Flannery could help him find team Magma, or so he hoped. One of the town's gaurds approached Brendan.

"Where you comin' from son?" asked the gaurd.

"Mauville City," responded Brendan, "By way of Route 111's desert."

"At night?" gasped the gaurd.

"Yes sir, I would've come by the easier way, but it was blockaded by Team Aqua's goons," Brendan managed to say.

Brendan barely cought the next thing guard said as he passed out from exauhstion. From what Flannery later told him Brendan was carried to the town medical center by the gaurds. He slept for sixteen hours and apparently during that time he was visited by a boy of a similar age wearing a red hat.

Underground

Lucas stood among his fellow Oreburgh City militia men. A ship carrying a whole team of fugitives and a few captives had arrived from Hoenn. The fugitives had escaped into the Underground, specifically the section under Oreburgh, so the West Sinnoh Government had selected Oreburgh's milition to go into the dangerous caves.

Roark walked down the line of the militia. He stopped at Lucas, "Lucas, you are the youngest member of the militia, and while I apriciate your voulenteering, you don't have to come with us if you don't want to."

"With all do respect sir," responded Lucas, "I'm no coward and I'm coming with you."

"Alright then," Roark then turned to the rest of his men, "Let's get down there and clean these Team Magma scumbags out of West Sinnoh!"

"Ooh-Rah!"

The group of seven men moved silently down the dimly lit passages with their weapons drawn. Not only did they have to worry about the Team Magma goons, but they had to also worry about pokemon down in the tunnels.

The men came across a dead Magma Grunt. Roark examined the body and then turned to his men. "This grunt was killed by a pokemon with sharp teeth of some kind. Probably killed by a Gabite or Garchomp. Let's hope it's the former, a lot easier to kill."

Lucas remembered seeing the skeleton of a Garchomp once, and it wasn't a beast that Lucas wanted to see alive and in the flesh. Lucas checked his weapon to make sure it was off safety and ready to fire.

"They went this way," said Mason, one of the militia men, "One of 'em's bleedin' pretty bad. We might find another stiff."

"All right guys let's go this way," said Roark, "Get ready for a fight, we go to hand signals from here on out, not another word, got it?"

All of the militia men nodded and Roark smiled. Roark began walking down the tunnel with his weapon shouldered. Lucas watched him closely, so as to not miss any commands.

The group walked in silence for ten minutes before they heard voices in a side cave. Roark took up a position by the cave. The other six men formed up along the cave enterance. Three on the left side including Roark and four on the right side including Lucas. Lucas tried to hear what the voices were saying.

"...kid in the white hat is closing in," said one of the voices, "We should've left his mother in Hoenn."

"Are you kidding me?" said a second voice, this one clearly female, "She'll fetch enough on the Johto black market to set us up for life."

"Is it really worth ot Courtney?" asked the first voice.

It was then that Lucas leaned in to examine the side cave. It was a small cavern with an exit on the oppisite side. There was nine people dressed in strange red clothes and six hostages. It was then that Lucas met eyes with a boy about his age leaning for a look in the other enterance.

"Hey! It's the kid," said the female voice, Courtney apparently, "Light him up!" It was then that the other boy ducked into cover and the nine Magma goons unloaded their guns into the other enterance.

"Open fire!" yelled Roark.

Lucas ran into the room and started dispatching Magma goons. The gun fight was over in seconds. The Oreburgh guys had the element of surprise and dropped the Team Magmas without a single casualty.

Lucas then went over and untied the hostages. The hostages were greatful and hugged Lucas.

"Hey!" said Mason as he pointed his gun toward the second enterance. "Get out here kid, we're not gonna hurt you."

Lucas watched as the kid he had met eyes with earlier walked out with hands in the air. The kid was dressed in black athletic wear with green and orange accents. The kid was also wearing a white knit cap and he had a shotgun strapped to his back.

One of the female hostages ran over to the kid. She wrapped her arms around him, "Brendan!"

The kid, Brendan apparently, returned the hug and looked at Lucas and nodded. Lucas adjusted his barret and returned the nod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back