• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Digital Dezmodian's Arts - Hope it helps inspire you! (mostly digital, some ink)

Dezmodian

Wow-there is so much talent in this forum! Made my week :) Hopefully these will help inspire you, as the other talented artists here have helped inspire/motivate me (exactly what I was hoping to find here!!). My wife does chainmail, art and music stuff. I do mostly digital art (Photoshop) and a little bit of Blender 3D (still quite a noob).

So yeah! Hope ya enjoy!

Dezsheir the Void Valkyrie - first digital piece, 2013
This piece was originally a gift for someone, but they abandoned the work and I used it for my own stuff. Still one of my better pieces, I think-certainly one of the few with a full background heh. This one was sketched out on pencil and paper first, scanned, and then completed line, color, and detail in Photoshop. Worked with a tablet for the first time, and it was very strange getting used to translating hand movement from the tablet to the screen to get it done. I enjoyed it quite a lot then, and have come to rely on my backlit tablets for everything now (even for my job).
2013 Digital - Dezrinshei the Void Valkyrie.jpg

Webcomics that are one of the recent projects I'm starting. These are a LOT of fun, and soon as some unrelated things are settled, I'll be getting back to doing a lot more of them! I have plans to illustrate a very long story I've been working on for the last two decades, and these are just 'warm-ups' really, but turned into a fun side project!

Comic 0001 - Humans are hard to draw
Drawing "us" in our home heh. Me (red dragon), wife (serval cat), friend "Q" on the headphones (since he's in another state), kid (angel/demon/succubi hybrid).
View attachment 2020s Side Comic 0000 - Drawing Humans Is Hard.jpg

Webcomic- Stellaris, Saving the Prikkiki-Ti
Starting the fun by moving the webcomics to game situations, I wanted to add this hilarious moment! Sometimes, your good deeds will very much be punished hehe.
View attachment 2020s Side Comic 0001 - Saving the Prikkiki-Ti.jpg

Webcomic - Terraria and my OC: Dez the Lamia
First comic of my Terreria series! For this one, as these first comics are 'warm-ups' for the main story that has yet to start, I wanted to try another aspect: sadness. In this game, you progress out of the "pre-hardmode" by throwing a voodoo doll of "The Guide" NPC into lava, which is the first person you meet in the game. That act summons the last boss of this mode, the Wall of Flesh. I thought this could be a profoundly sad situation, if this was something where the player's character developed feelings for that first helping friend. Currently working on a 2nd part of this one! (maybe three parts later too).
2020s Side Comic 0002 - Horrible Choices.jpg

Commission for the Deputy Delvers D&D group on Twitch! (no longer active sadly)
This was a very fun D&D group, a secondary splinter group from the main Delvers Twitch group that were assembled after successful Patreon subscriptions. They were set in the same world, slightly before the primary group's timeline, and were eventually going to meet up together with that main group at some point. I was commissioned by the DM "uncommon_Gaming" to do these (after having religiously watched the main channel stream and had been an active supporter for so long), and it was a delightful project!

From left to right, back row:
Clay: Half-elf druid, reading "The Peculiar Habits of the Nobility of Ektune"
Beholder: Wood elf ranger
Fyn: Changling (forgot the actual class, but some kind of commander strategist)

Front row
Grani (Granite): Gnome Paladin, Order of Heroes
Nibbles: Goblin berserker, yes he's in a wedding dress heh (and wore it for a very long time)
Gwinna (and her dog Tuna): Water gensai druid/cook, best recipes tattooed on her arms
2020s Color - Group 2 transp background.png

My OC from Terraria, pre-hardmode. With the skull necklace, got myself up to 3 imps heh. Quite a bit of fun! Demon scythe is still one of my most favorite magic weapons. This was the first version of my Lamia, Dez heh. Now she's in a couple webcomics I've made, and will continue to be my Terraria hero in all of em!
2020s Dez the Lamia Pre-Hardmode v1.png

Character reference for the new version of Dez the Lamia
Dez the Lamia Character Reference x800.jpg

Ink Art Challenge Works for October (Inktober)
These were done in the annual Inktober challenges, 2017 and on. Lots of fun with them! I challenged myself to a few requirements:
NO sketching
NO real planning before hand
Time limits (usually less than 3 hours)

Guild Wars 2 self-portrait
Inktober 2018 Day 3 - web avatar.jpg

Tired Dragonrider
Inktober 2018 Day 7.jpg

Guild Wars 2: My Guildmaster
Inktober 2018 Day 27.jpg

2017 just wanted to do an evil eye, got a little more fun from there
03 Inktober2017 - v2.jpg

Ahh its been a hot minute! Still (slowly, but getting faster) working on art stuff! I've really wanted to do mashup for a while, just as more of a tribute to some of my more favorite things heh.
This is a mashup between the Metroid world and the Warframe game (which is free to play hehe): Samus Frame! I added a bunch from both worlds into this, and had a heck of a lot of fun doing it!
Hope it inspires heh (working on a WoW + GW2 one atm)
View attachment Samus Warframe Final.jpg

-Samus Operator (blue suit)
-Samus Frame (orange, based off of the Hildryn warframe)
-Companions: (left to right) Aznagog the Kubrow in Ifrit armor (nappin with a Metroid), Dezsmolet the Kvat, and Calabash the infested Kubrow
-Setting is on Deimos in front of the Entrati Necralisk
-Chozo (mostly) glyphs glowing on the door, Chozo control pillar to the right of door
-Chozo bust from Metroid Prime above the door, and Entrati family crests above that
-Chozo statue (Metroid Prime) in front of a morphball track goin up to a door
-Metroid style boss statue with 4 Warframe bosses: Vey Hek, Nef Anyo, Lephantis and Erra on top

Users who are viewing this thread

Back