Devious's dude

Devious Dilbert

Double the D, double the fun.
Veridius Wensylve

large22.jpg

Human   |   Male   |   18

Appearance: 

Veridius stands at 5'9, a little below the average height, and weighs around 160-ish lbs. His build is lean-average. His skin is pale.

His hair is colored a light pale brown that may reflect a dirty blonde in particularly bright or peculiar lighting. His eyes are of a sky blue, so weakly colored that they may even pass as grey.

There is a very unfortunately noticeable scar that runs diagonally down his forehead, ending at the bridge of his nose.

His clothing style is defined best as simple and casual. A plain forest green v-neck and black pants- not incredibly detailed, but neither is his fashion sense. He strays away from nauseatingly bright colors, and prefers to wear desaturated or darker tones. A light jacket usually completes every one of his outfits.

Sexuality:

To be revealed.

Personality:

Veridius is your average dude. He's open, generally friendly, and seemingly lives carefree. He can read a moment well, jokes when appropriate, and doesn't when it's not. He deeply appreciates people who can withstand his banter and joke along with him though even if not appropriate.

"I laugh at everything. It's how I keep my sanity."

Honesty, no matter how brutal, is Veridius's own personal code. Whenever asked for his opinion, he gives it, unabridged and uncensored.

"I've gotta say- honesty is my best and worst trait."

The only times he'll ever tell a lie is likely to be to hide things about himself or for the sake of somebody else. While he commits to his creed of honesty for the most part, there's many things about himself that even he feels the need to cover up or evade, and he's a great liar for not doing it often. And for this, he can be an enigma and yet like an open book at the same time.

Usually, when the mood is light which is how he prefers it to be, he's sarcastic, easygoing, and generally just a chill guy. He isn't easily perturbed or fazed, so it's not hard to catch him in a good mood. He is, however, stoical, so it is hard to notice when he's in a bad mood. Usually, a telltale sign of distress is isolation. Veridius is a people person after all. And when alone, he thinks. On the bright side, it doesn't take long for him to be his usual self again. He hates though, when people call him out on one of his moments. Veridius generally doesn't like admitting to his emotions out loud or even talking about them. He'd likely deny it, but it makes him feel vulnerable. And showing weakness is strictly forbidden. It's a guy thing.

"Honestly- just a little weird having somebody pick at your psyche. Just a little."

Veiridius has a strong dislike of irrationality. Irrational or overly emotional people are very unappealing to him. He would rather think and act based on logic and reasoning, causing him to lack understanding of how others feel and thus making it hard on him when dealing with people going through strong emotions. Because of this, he isn't the best person to go to when seeking comfort and it personally makes him uncomfortable when others come to him for a shoulder to cry on. If he cares enough though, he'll try his best to provide solace; he'd just rather not have to. Because of his insensibility, he can handle criticism extremely well and he doesn't mind being the butt of everybody's jokes. In fact, he probably likes it.

"Accurate."

Being an introvert; no matter how much he seems otherwise, it can take a while for him to fully open himself up to somebody, but when he does- that person has made an unquestionable ally. Loyalty is one of his best traits as he will stand by those whom he holds connections with no matter the circumstance. He is reliable and he definitely can be counted on to watch the backs of his companions. He is heavily team-oriented and will rush to the sides of those who have fallen injured. However, he is more likely to prioritize those who are most important to him first. He will not ignore strangers or acquaintances in need though, as in general, he does like to help people. He will follow through on any and all promises that he makes as well, and he expects the very same dependability from others.

"If not my honesty, I pride myself on my loyalty."

Veridius is a realist. At least, that's what he thinks. In truth, he can be quite the pessimist.

"Hey- Very simply, if the odds are not in my favor, I won't convince myself that they are. That goes for just about everything."

Bio:

"My story's not any more interesting than yours. I promise you."

But let's hear it anyway, shall we?

Every generation was bound to be filled to the brim with internal trauma. Lies, affairs, abandonment, neglect, anger, hatred, resentment, enmity, grudges, bitterness, sadness, insanity. His parents were shitty parents, their parents were shitty parents, and their parents were shitty parents, and their... It was a cycle, like the hands of a clock only ever moving forward in time- bound to its ways, unable to reverse its cogs. And nobody wanted to stop it as far as he was concerned. They resigned to it.

"Idiots only bred more idiots... Why don't people ever learn?! Why does history have to repeat itself?!" That's what he thought about it.

Veridius was never one to believe in myths; the supernatural, the paranormal, fate, but it might have been a curse. No... That's idiotic to think. There was a clear, simple, rational answer to all of this. And it made a lot of sense actually. People, so stupidly, submitted to what they knew. And so, an idiot born from an idiot would grow to produce even more idiots. And that's where Veri comes in. The hero to put an end to the ongoing onslaught of evil!

"I just wanna break the cycle. That's all. I know that I won't be the first one to try, but I'll aim to be the first one to succeed."

Come on! Something more dramatic was what we were looking for!

Magic Systems Learned:

N/A

System Affinity:

Green.

Casting Method:

N/A

Job Title Acquired:

N/A

Previously Established Relationships:

Kayano Jaxson- Good friends in the past.

The year that Veridius was turning 16, a new girl moved to his school. After checking her out, she was pretty cool! The two clicked and became pretty good friends until she sadly had to move six months later. A long distance friendship didn't really get anywhere with them, so eventually they both just forgot about each other. "Sucked how she had to move again so soon. Wonder how she's doin' now though." @Miss Obsess

Ralph Grey- Fucking bros.

One day, a young Veridius met this weird guy. Turns out that weird guy was gonna end up one of his best friends. They robbed a bank once. Long story. Probably wasn't one of Veridius's "Greatest things done on a whim." It was successful though- he can't really complain about that"We robbed a fucking bank . A. Fuck-ing. Bank. A fucking bank-" @Exiled Ace

Columbus Ferren- Childhood friends.

Veridius met him during his first year of school and they've been friends ever since. Columbus's accident shook him hard. It wasn't great having a close friend almost forget you, but Veridius made an effort to rebuild their friendship while going through some trauma of his own. Throughout the years, he's had some major shifts in personality, but Columbus was always there in the end. And so, returning the loyalty, here they both are now. "I've even stood up for him a few times in the past. It wasn't no problem." @LokiofSP

Other:

Don't ask about the scar on his face. You'll trigger him.

Sun sign: Taurus

Theme:

(It's an extended version. You can cut it off at 1:37.)

Last edited by a moderator:
alright, looks good. But can you give something about his past? or hint at something?

otherwise, accepted. @Devious Dilbert

Could I pm you instead? I generally do put full bios on my cs's, but I wanted to let other characters get to know his story as the rp goes on. I wanted to try something different this time as I just returned to rpn after a few months ;p

6 minutes ago, Devious Dilbert said:

Could I pm you instead? I generally do put full bios on my cs's, but I wanted to let other characters get to know his story as the rp goes on. I wanted to try something different this time as I just returned to rpn after a few months ;p

thats fine :3 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back