Determining Hardness

Vil

One Time Luck
The Players' Guide tells us that certain Armors have a Hardness of 3 and others of 4.

I would assume from this that Hardness is the same for all forms of damage.

In another book (Autochthonians I think but it may be another) I see them saying that something has a Hardness of x to B, y to L, and z to A.  This brings up the big question to which I could not find a printed answer.

How does one determine Hardness ratings?  Is there a means to calculate it when designing armor?

Vil said:
The Players' Guide tells us that certain Armors have a Hardness of 3 and others of 4.
I would assume from this that Hardness is the same for all forms of damage.

In another book (Autochthonians I think but it may be another) I see them saying that something has a Hardness of x to B, y to L, and z to A.  This brings up the big question to which I could not find a printed answer.

How does one determine Hardness ratings?  Is there a means to calculate it when designing armor?
5MM heavy armors have hardness 3.  5MM superheavy armors have hardness 4.  There is no "calculation" - if you're the ST and are designing armor, a Charm, a spell, or whatever else provides soak, you can say "this provides whatever hardness I want".

Hardness isn't always the same for all damage. In the PG, Invulnerable Skin of Bronze has different Hardness ratings for Lethal and Bashing. Memesis has your question rather well answered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back