• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Detention (A breakfast club inspired role play)

Derek had finally found a ball that was worthy of his attention and yanked it from the locker it was hidden in. He came dressed to play considering that was his plan the entire time. Wearing a zip up hoodie with a sleeveless shirt underneath and some basketball shorts in the schools colors. Derek, after walking back out onto the court, pulled off his hoodie and tossed it against the wall before making his way out to the center of the court. He dribbled and crossed the ball between his legs. Getting used to basketball again was going to be annoying. He never really played on his free time. Some of his dribbling maneuvers were sloppy so he ignored shooting for now to focus on his form.

A little later, now that he had gotten a nice and sweaty from running up and down the court shooting on both goals, Derek heard the door open. He stopped and pinned the ball to his side between his freely hanging arm. Olivia? Derek chuckled at the sight of her before speaking. "Well, well, well.... Look who it is." She simply responded with 'Hi there' and began working on her school work. Typical Liv. Always so focused on her academic career. Derek couldn't lie to himself though, her determination was admirable.

He allowed her to get settled in and begin scribbling in her notebook before slowly strolling over. Derek grabbed the ball with both hands and then sat on the bench that was higher in level. Her books between them. Instead of interrupting her work, he simply sat there, hunched over the basketball like a protective mother bird over her egg. His chin was resting on the backs of his hands as he watched her. Her eyes darting across the paper. Biting her lip when she concentrated. A small bit of her hair fell from her ear, blocking a portion of his view of her face.

Jackie watched the two, they were so cliche. She was obviously trying to ignore his attempts and he was definitely trying to get her to give in. The way he looked at her, and watched her every move was kind of creepy. She rolled her sapphire eyes and let the door close behind her, resting her back to the closed entrance. "You guys are sickening to watch. I mean, seriously. Could you be any more revolting?" Jacqueline sighed deeply, these sort of situations made her feel jealous no matter how much she wanted to deny it.

Olivia bit down on her lower lip, prepared to hear some kind of slick line from Derek as he approached her, but to her surprise he simply sat beside her and let her do her own thing. The brunette write a few more sentences down, finishing up her paragraph before she brushed the chunk of hair out of her face, tucking it behind her ear. She turned her head to face Derek, her body also perking up some.

"It doesn't seem like you to respect someone's concentration, what's the occasion?" She offered a confused smile, her eyebrows slightly raised.

So, her statement wasn't completely true, like she had remembered earlier in the day, Derek wasn't always thought of as an obnoxious jerk in Olivia's mind. In fact, she had quite the 'thing' for him; although, maybe it was to get her wrapped around his finger that he happened to be a reasonable person when they were sort of seeing each other during the summer months. Nevertheless, she wouldn't completely shut him out of her life because Grace often called him a jerk, she would just be cautious.

The sound of the door closing earned a small jump from Olivia, afraid that maybe it was Mr. Robinson and the other students had ratted them out. The teenager sighed as it was only another student. Tilting her head, Liv responded to the slightly familiar female who was now leaning against the door.

"I don't quite understand. I'm just doing my school work..." She explained, motioning at the open textbook and notebook beside her and on her lap.

@Ethreal Oatmeal

She scoffed and gave a bitter smile. "Right, right. See, you think that but he is looking at you with those lovey dovey eyes." Jacs rand a hand through her dark hair, letting out a sigh. "And you, well you're as naive as they come. It's like you're completely blind. You two are like a cliche couple from a chick flick. It's a bit disturbing."

A quick smile ran across Derek's face as Olivia addressed him. He watched her perk up once facing him and gained a feeling that she might still actually like him. That's good. It proves she doesn't listen to her friends as much as he previously thought.

Derek sat up and prepared to respond as someone new entered the gym. He looked back over his shoulder, expecting to see Mr. Robinson or that painter girl....Imogen or whatever her name was trying to tell him to come back. It wasn't however, it was someone he actually hasn't met before. After seeing her, Derek really wanted to know why not. She was hot! She was dressed kind of like a bum though. Probably why he's never noticed her. Derek heard her make the assumption that he and Olivia were together.

Derek responded louder than Olivia, knowing he could handle rough personalities more so than nice Olivia could. He had one of those rough personalities himself after all. "No no no...see, you've got it all wrong." Derek stood from the bleachers and ran his hand through his sweaty hair. He left the basketball where he was last sitting and approached the newcomer.

He motioned back towards Olivia before continuing. "Liv, here....and I. We're just friends, see? I was simply watching her because I didn't want to disturb my good friends studies." Derek paused and gave this new girl a once-over. Not bad. "What is really disturbing is...this outfit. What hobo did you screw to get your clothes for the month?" Derek's face became one of apparent perplexity. One eyebrow raised, one furrowed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Olivia bit her bottom lip, averting her eyes from the student in the doorway to Derek for a quick second, lovey dovey eyes? Shaking her head slightly, she looked over at Jacqueline once again and straightened her back out against the wall.

"I don't really pay too much attention to that kind of stuff, I guess..." The girl twiddled her thumbs, feeling a little uncomfortable in her current situation. "I mean, if this is making you feel nauseated, you don't really have to look or be here, you know?" Liv tried as hard as she could to make her last statement as polite as she could while getting her point across.

She watched as Derek took the lead on trying to explain what was going on. She placed her hand on his basketball so it wouldn't roll off of the bench and watched the two converse. She would nod to confirm his words ever so often but ultimately remained quiet, allowing him to handle the situation. Liv noticed as he checked the mysterious girl out and averted her eyes to look at her work again, as if she were reading over her answers to distract herself.

Her lips curled into an annoyed smile. He was sticking up for his friend, how cute. She clenched her jaw, and responded at his remark, "Whatever hobo you took your face from, pal." Her own eyebrow arched as she spoke, challenging him in a way. Usually these kinds of comments annoyed her, but they seemed to have a personality that was similar to each other's. It was interesting, considering the different levels they came from. "Fortunately, my clothes are in a tad better shape than your face."

Derek decided to humor this girl with an open mouthed smile. Appearing to be taken speechless. His hands clasped together and he bowed his head slightly. At this point, Derek glanced back at Olivia. He rolled his eyes to himself about this new girls 'ballsy-ness'.

Derek sat back up straight to face her before responding. "Ohhh... come on now dear. You can't insult someone's face. I was born with this! Unless you are calling my parents both hobos. Because otherwise, you are implying that I killed a random hobo, cut off his face, and replaced my original one with his! Who would waste so much time...just to make themselves look ugly?!" Derek paused to grab a bit of the girls top and let it fall as if it were useless. "You on the other hand.... You made the choice to put that on. You made the concise decision to wake up today and put that on before going out in public."

The banter between them was clearly enjoyable for him. It was nice to have someone to jeer back and forth with. Kids are normally just so boring here. Derek continued. "Now, run along. I'm sure if you're hungry, there's probably some leftovers in the dumpster from school yesterday if you hurry. Or I can go grab you some change from my hoodie over there." He said, motioning towards it. "I think I have like 14 cents....but it's better than nothing right?" Derek's face then became covered in a smug grin.

Della was late, very late. But that was because she had to listen to her dads bitching about how disappointed he was in her. Plus she couldn't decide what to wear. So she chose a pair of mint coloured heels, skirt, a black tank top, and a few things to top off her outfit. She was bad horrible when it came to fashion. Rushing up to the school she collided with the teacher, "I am so so so sorry. My dad... well, I can't really tell you. It's private, but don't be angry." She pleaded, with a frown puckering her lips as he shook his head in disapproval. He took her arm and led her to the room where detention was held, "I can walk myself thank you very much" Della said uncomfortable with the way the man was dragging her to the room. She yanked her arm free and walked over to a table to sit. She noticed a few people that her friends made fun of so she lowered her head and crossed her arms, hoping no one blames her for what her friends did and do to them.

James was the second one in the room, after Imogem got there. He didn't want to be late and get into more trouble. And because of his quietness no one really seemed to want to talk to him, so he sat by the window with his hand-me-down laptop (which he found in a garbage bin and fixed up) and continued to write his novel he was working on. It was almost about his life. But the boy in it has mean parents, meets his love and runs away with her, where he eventually gets noticed for his basketball skills and becomes famous. James just sighed and typed away on his laptop while he had earbuds plugged in, listening to music. The day was going to be long.

Lacey had been sobbing in the girls toilets Roxies remarks admit been bad but the memories had. The scars that lined her arms seered in pain as Lacey battled with her insides as a screaming voice abused her from inside yelling for her to draw her knife and slit the part thin skin. Lacey's scars were an array of colours the white the was supposed to signify ending but the fresh blood red ones that ran deep into her flesh.

Lacey drew her knife before shaking her head as she put the blade pack into it original Swiss army form. Lacey took a deep breath as she locked at her face in the mirror "Why are you so ugly and fat and dusty gusting," she told herself before exiting the toilets she didn't want to be jn the same room as Roxie so she made her way to the hall as it was small and quite but to her dismay at least two figures occupied the room she still coursed into the room and sat down in the stands as she went to pull out her books her jumper rolled up and her cuts were displayed for anyone in the room to see

Jackie rolled her eyes, giving a mocking pout. Her finger trailed down her cheek as if she shed a tear. "Oh, boo hoo. You really hurt my feelings now. I think I need to go back and write in my diary now." Her voice was dripping with sarcasm. "I mean do you really think I give a shit about what you say?" A mischievous smile on her lips. "But then again, you're not really all that bright so you could think that your comments really matter to me." Jackie strolled in, examining the gym. The floors had just been recently waxed, it looked pretty decent. "Is this where you thrive? Idiot Jock, land?"

(@Dannygirl900 that's funny! I was just about too!)

Imogen saw Della and James come in. Della, who she was not a huge fan of, walked in, being her popular, gorgeous self, and James, who she was kinda sorta friends with took a seat so she moved over to him, just to have some company. She took out one of his earbuds and smiled at him. "Hey"

James was lost in his book and music, when all of the sudden her was snapped out of it by Imogen. That was okay cause he'd always had a crush on her. A smile rose on his lips, "Well hello, I saw you when I came in. What was your crime?" He laughed a little at how he refurres it to crime. To not distract himself he saved ehat he had and closed his laptop, turning a little to look at Imogen. "Because you seem as innocent as a flower to me" he wanted to say 'as beautiful as one too' but he was too shy. He noticed Della Denton was at a table and raised an eyebrow. He remembered the time the cheerleaders and preps joined up to try and beat him up, but he kicked the guys asses and the girls got scared an ran off, that included Della. The only reason he didnt get detention was because the teacher believed his story, which was true. "What do you think got princess perfect in here?" He was curious.

Imogen bit her bottom lip when James asked her what she did. "Okay, well, you remember when the principal was trying to cancel the art period even though it was completely unfair? And uhh.. someone kind of made a huge protest about it by throwing paint all over the school? Well.." she trailed off, pointing at herself with her eye brows raised. She glanced at Della and back at James. "I don't know.. she seems soo.. perfect" she said quietly.

"Well this is boring anyone want split and find something better to do?" She took a look around at everyone, and noticed the new ones that pop up. They prob won't come and this one next to her seemed to be fast asleep. "Well anyone?"

Thomas Chambers

- - - - -

"─well, anyone?" a voice shattered his dreams away, slowly causing him to awaken from his small nap. His eyelids heavy, he opened his eyes with much effort, groaning as he did so. The brightness of the room was the first thing he took note of, squinting past the aggravating sunlight streaming in from the classroom's window, warming his skin. Feeling irritated, he buried his head back in his arms in attempt to fall back asleep, but to no success. He bit the inside of his right cheek, letting out a small yawn as he glanced at the girl sitting beside him.

"You don't gotta yell. We're all in the same room," he mumbled, his voice muffled by his shirt. Oh well, not like I could have been asleep long anyway. Still, it had been nice. He wanted to sleep so desperately, but he forced his eyes open as he sat upright in his seat, glancing around at the newcomers. A few already seemed to be in dialogue, possibly exchanging stories of how they ended up here. Not wanting to eavesdrop, he averted his attention towards the board. Trying to make sense of it all, he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

Thomas eventually gave up on attempting to decipher the strange writing on the whiteboard, he gazed out of the window, wishing to be anywhere but detention. It wasn't terrible--it just dragged on for what felt like forever. If only he could go back to sleep. It'd make the time go by that much faster.

James smiled a bit and shook his head, "I knew that was probably you" he chuckled a bit, "good job" he directed his attention back to Della and shook his head "probably was caught bitching to someone" he suggested, not knowing why she got detention. "But anywayyy," he looked back at Imogen and smiled "you're just a lil rebel now aren't ya" he teased.

Della looked around the room, she heard Roxies voice and frowned. She knew her "friends" had a bad habbit of bothering the girl. Then she relaxed a little when she heard Thomas' familiar voice. He was a jock, so she had talked to him a few times. So she quietly got up and went to sit down beside him, trying to be friendly "hey sleepy" she said in a teasimg voice. But it was light and friendly. She didn't wanna start any fights or arguments or make anyone uncomfortable

@UnknownRunner @QueenCupCake

Thomas Chambers

- - - - -

Someone, in a fast blur, sat down beside him after he had finished speaking--mumbling, rather--, and greeted him in a light tone. Instantly, he recognized her voice. It was the one and only Della. He smiled at her, but didn't find the energy to respond and remained silent as he normally did. Della was one of the cheerleaders, and though the two had chatted a few times, he didn't know her well, and she didn't know him well either. She seemed nice enough--though a lot of rumors spread around school about her--and he wouldn't mind getting to know her more.

Thomas folded his arms, a habit he had picked up in eighth grade, and glanced around the room once more, before finally meeting her eyes.
"So, what'd you do to get in here?" he asked quietly, somewhat curious to see as what she had done. He hoped she wouldn't ask what he had done to get sentenced. He wasn't in the mood to explain what had happened, really. He was tired of having people compare him to his twin, and he was almost certain people would have even more reason to compare now that the two had fought. In public, too.

@Dannygirl900

Imogen giggled, and looked down. "I'm not a rebel, i just know what's right, he was going to cancel it, why? Because not enough people in this life appreciate art? Well that's their fault" she said, taking a breath and looking over at Della. "You know, we really shouldn't judge her before e know her, she might be a good person for all we know" she said

Roxie was about to kick Tomas seat to wake up but then Della walked over and woke him up. He then asked her why she was here. "Well well getting a lot of the popular group in here today. Gotta say in curious why miss cheer squad is here too. By the way sorry about throwing one of your friends in the big trash can in the back of the school. Let's just say I was getting some pay back."

@Dannygirl900

Catherine was ignoring the others as she was busy trying to get her own back on Mr. Robinson, the idiot who had got her here in the first place. She was only exacting a little revenge on the bitch of the class using what Mr. Robinson described as "chemical warfare". It was only a mild irritant in her perfume, she could have done a lot worse and left the girls neck in a disgusting raw red rash that bled constantly. She saw his cup of coffee sitting on the desk, it was the perfect opportunity to ruin his day. She took out a pippete from her bag and put a little of the chemical she was using onto a PH strip, the end covered with the chemical turned a light blue. "Perfect..." She whispered quietly. When he drank this, his stomach would feel like an active volcano, and would probably erupt. She took the test tube over and poured a little into his coffee, stirring well, before winking at Imogen.

Della shrugged as if she wasn't going to tell him but when Roxie spoke up she crossed her arms one of your burnouts blamed me for throwing a fire cracker in the toilet. But why are you apologizing to me? It was probably Tori I heard her bitching about a rotten apple touching her arm and about how she smells like garbage instead of her new Oscar De La Rentes perfume" Della just simply shrugged and smiled "She's the biggest bitch, I don't get along with her." She looked at Thomas, "remember when she tried to grope you?" She giggled a little.

James looked at Della smiling and rolled his eyes "I guess. But so far she's in my bad books, remember when then preps and cheer girls tried to beat me up? Della was there." He looked back at Imogen and smiled "I kicked their asses. But anyway, it's great you did something to stand up, I heard they weren't canceling it, but I wouldn't know. I suck at art." He laughed a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back