• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Destiny: Seige of the Cabal

Among the Tower there was great cheering. Guardians had gathered to celebrate their victories they had made from the many great foes the faced. For them, it was an Age of Triumph. From Atheon, Crota, Oryx, Axis, they had defeated them all and the city still stood. The inhabitants below, people from a this and different nations fleeing for the protection that lay behind its walls. This was the Last City. Tales of the Guardians great feats spred like wildfire among the crowds. Children pretended to be Guardians themselves as they play with one another. The Guardians truly had become legends among the people.

But that's not all the were famous to. The alien races that ravaged their planets, the Guardians had left a mark on them as well. But not in the positive way of those of the Last City. Guardians had become something to fear among them. But one such race refused to give into fear. A race were defeat was never an option. The Cabal. As Guardians destroyed their legions they had no choice but to commit to an act considered coweredly, call for reinforcements. And now, unknown to the Guardians, came the Emperors most deadly forces.
Assailant Assailant Raku Raku LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 Achilles676 Achilles676

Terrance was having a grand time during the festival. The cheers of people praising him was like music to his ears. He would find a drink somewhere, but he didn't want to take off his helmet. A group of kids ran up to him with smiles on the faces and jumping up and down excitedly. They were asking questions, complementing him, it was almost to much. One question stood out to him though. One kid asked what his favorite weapon was. With a quick motion, Terrance took his Hawkmoon out of it's holster and spun it around his finger. "A hand cannon is a hunter's best friend" he said gripping the handle of his gun.

Jaxas sat on the railing at the top of the Tower, his cloak flowing with the wind, watching the city like a statue ever gaurding a hidden treasure. While he was enjoying the festivities, he had to take time to remember the friends lost to the darkness over the years. No Gaurdian had come through whole, but the had made it. They had given everything and then some to achieve peace, and it paid off.

Jaxas glanced up at the Traveler for a moment and decided it was time to quit moping. Swinging around to sit facing the Tower, he observed the cheering, dancing, singing, happy mass of people.

"Truthfully, I don't know why they are celebrating." Said a robotic voice approaching Jaxas. "Nothing's changed really. We're in just as much danger from the outside forces as ever. Crippled maybe, but their not defeated yet." The Exo then stopped at the railing looking over the city. "Wouldn't you agree." He said while turning his head to lay is glowing eyes upon the hunter.
Achilles676 Achilles676

"But it seems like we won, yeah?" Ashley said, approaching the two at the railing. "We know the truth, but let the people have thier moment of feeling truly safe." She got quieter, looking down for a moment. "We all have had our sacrifices, I lost my brother in this war, I'm sure you guys have lost people too... I guess my point is let's celebrate, but not for winning, but for those lost."

"Yeah... yeah." Jaxas starts as he slides off the railing, "Well, I say it's time for alcohol. Anything good out or do we have to break into Cayde's stash?" He walks to the edge of the crowd, not quite as somber as before. It was a rare occasion for civilians to be seen, at least in such great number, atop the Tower like this and it made navigating a bit more difficult, especially because using any kind of power was forbidden here so he couldn't just jump over them.

"Who said I hadn't broken in already?" She said with a grin, making a few bottles appear from behind her cloak and tossing one to the Hunter who made the comment. "I just grabbed, hope you don't mind." She said, popping her's opening and offering the other one to the Exo.

Jaxas turned toward the woman at her statement and caught the bottle.
"Oh. Yeah, as long as it's strong. He's gonna be pissed. I'll pay him later."
He was about to open the bottle but hesitated and glanced at the two in front of him and the crowd behind. The worst part about being Awoken, at least to him, was the suspicious glances he got from the other races. He had earned his place at the Tower like every other Gaurdian but still, not everyone was easy to convince. After a moment, his hands fell to his sides, the bottle remaining unopen.
"Thanks. What's your name?" He asked the female hunter in front of him, trying to dismiss the awkward feeling he now had.

Terrance had wandered around a bit, hoping to find some fellow Guardians. After a few moments his eyes fell upon a group with drinks standing near the railing. It appeared to be to Hunters and an Exo Titan. He approached them with a wave and under his helmet an unseen smile. "Some party right? I'd still rather be out on Mars though" he said, his voice slightly distorted by his helmet.

Latios Latios Achilles676 Achilles676 LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87

"Newcomer! Have a drink!" She said, tossing the third bottle thier way. "And the name's Ashley. Ashley Miller. You?" She asked, glancing at the Awoken curiously. She then looked to the Exo, taking out her knife and flipping it in her hand. "Maybe I should cut a few wires, put your logic algorithm on the fritz so you can have a good time." She joked, putting the knife away.

"I don't think it works like that. Either way, my ghost would my sure I say intact just like yours heals your wounds." He said

"So your telling me get your ghost occupied before I cut you loose? Good to know." She said with a laugh, taking another sip at the bottle in her hand. Man, she really took a strong bottle, the buzz was already getting to her. "And if it doesn't work likeI planned, can you tell me how?" She asked.

"Jaxas, and I don't think cutting him up will do much good. Try pinning something on him instead."
Jaxas chuckled and tagged Ashley as a friend in his roster. "You guys think they're giving out any free stuff?"

Terrance caught the bottle thrown his way, but he wouldn't drink. Waiting for an opening to speak, he took his opportunity. "No thanks, and you can call me Wolf" he told the group, handing the bottle back to it's owner. He was wondering if they had ever heard of him, as he did have a rep throughout Tower as being a deadly operator who refused to give his real identity.

"Ashley Miller." She responded, taking the bottle and storing it. She laughed a bit at the Exo's words, looking out into the distance. "How long until you think they'll be back?"

"You know what I mean, Mr. War isn't over." She replied, taking another sip at the bottle in her hand and shaking her head.

"Excuse me for not picking up how vague you were." He said with a chuckle. "I can't really answer that though. I don't know when the next large scale threat will be."

"Well the Hive shouldn't be a problem because Crota and Oryx bit the dust and the Fallen houses are in shambles, but we don't know enough about the Cabal or Vex to really say if we accomplished anything. I mean, yeah, we took out a ton of them but what if the Undying Mind wasn't the only one of it's kind? What about the Gardeners? I think this party is a bit of a waste of time as well because we should be scouting the system like we always do, remaining vigilant like we're supposed to." Jaxas ranted calmly, trying not to let emotion into his voice. He had lost many friends against the vex.

"We all understand this, Jaxas, but do you think the people care about the remnants of Vex and Cabal out of thier reach? They think they are safe until danger knocks on their front door and demands to be let in." She said. "And besides, a few days of relaxation never hurt anyone."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back