• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Descendants of the Curse

“More delicious than the last? You’d eat from it?”
Sabella laughed, relaxing into his chest. Maybe things would be alright after all, they had argued and now it seemed to be over it completely.
They would go to the ocean and everything would be alright.
“What could you possibly eat from it? Sea snakes? Star fish?”

“Not much, unfortunately. Running a coven is much like having a rather large family or business— in that case I can’t stay away very long unless it’s of the upmost importance.”
Gaston added in turn stating just how important his coming there with Phiona was to him as it caused him leave behind his coven for what would maybe turn out to be several days.
“It isn’t hard to stay there though, the grounds are beautiful with extensive gardens and the small village where the coven members with less seniority live is quaint. The school and coven house however is extradoinary, at least I find as much.”

Donahue shrugged glad to have her back in a good mood. “I don’t know, you probably could, though it’s not like you really eat land snakes in the first place. Though I hear there’s all sorts of fish you can eat of all shapes and sizes there. There’s even these weird creatures that are like big squishy spiders that people eat.” He paused not know what they are called “Suckerfish? No....it’s not squids, but I hear those are good too....” he paused for a time stumped the name was just on the tip of his tongue.

“None of those listed sound appetizing.”
She replied dryly with a small grin.
“Any sea rabbit? White tailed ocean deer? Water pheasant? If not I may have to pack a lunch.”

Phiona nodded as Gaston spoke once more drinking down her glass those this time taking it slower, quitely muttering to the butler to overfill her glass for her. Though hearing what he was saying Xander chuckled to himself.

“Though that’s all a matter of opinion isn’t it Mr. Forticoven?” Xander asked his tone was annoyed as he continued. “A rather biased one I must say especially since you haven’t had any real chance to see all the other coven houses out there, that your house doesn’t even compare to.” Xander grinned his mannerism still polite but the tone of his voice was quickly becoming darker.

Sebastian quickly cleared his throat to stop Xander right there. “There’s no problem with a man enjoying the way his own home looks, Mr. Kornwhich.” He said beginning to notice anytime Xander spoke he immediately brought down the room’s mood.

“Yes I suppose you’re right. There’s no shame in enjoying one’s own possessions.” Xander retorted as he said that he gently stroked Phiona’s hand nearly causing her to drop her glass of which she promptly finished to try and numb herself of Xander’s toxic personality.

Last edited:
“You’re probably gonna have to start packing now then.” Donahue laughed heartily at that his mind picturing what those creatures would look like. “They don’t have water pheasant but I hear some of the fish fly. Don’t ask me how that’s just what one of the fishermen told me back at the inn.” He said unconsciously holding her closer to his chest.

Gaston chuckled, enjoying the shift in mood toward Xander, however still upset at the lack of attention to family was paying to how Phiona was being treated by the little weasel.
“The Forticoven house is basically a family heirloom. I take great pride in the hard work of my fore fathers, especially the school.”
Gaston smiled for maybe the first time the entire evening as he thought back on his home and work.
“We’be educated countless outstanding witches, several from almost every house in the world.”
He leaned back in his chair, relaxing slightly.
“Despite my inability to travel often I find I learn much about what I miss in the world from my rather worldly students.”

“That’s very interesting.” Edmond nodded as wiped his mouth.

Xander rolled his eyes at Gaston. Then snatched the bottle from the butler and refilled both his own glass and Phiona’s. It was this that got Phiona’s parents to take notice, though they merely nodded dismissively to the butler. Phiona stared at Xander as he filled her glass to a near spilling point. “Thank you.” She finally spoke though it wasn’t to Xander but instead to the irritated butler. Not able to pour the wine back into the bottle she carefully picked up the glass and began drinking it back down to a proper level.

Taking his own glass and downing it Xander glared at Gaston. “Right, I’m sure you learn plenty from your beloved students. Don’t you?” Phiona nearly choked on her drink hearing that. Having to cough it back up into her glass. “I’m sure all that knowledge you drill into your pretty young students makes all the difference.” Xander snarled his hands slowly becoming engulfed in an orange rage.

“Have you ever found a fisherman you believed though? Truly?”
She smiled at their absent minded banter. Had her parents ever been like this?
“We’ll just have to see it for ourselves then won’t we?”

Gaston glanced away from the brothers, looking unblinkingly at the boy.
He tapped his fingers against the table now. Feeling more comfortable he allowed himself to become a more commanding presence in the room. As he tapped his fingers his violet aura sparked at his fingertips. He wasn’t afraid of the boy and his tantrums. He had faced far worse when trying to console Jacques.
“It’s obvious some of my students haven’t learned a valuable lesson in table manners.”
Gaston retorted pointedly at Xander.

Seeing the glowing auras the brothers ignited their own soon over half the table was lit up in a rainbow of auras.

“Hmm I didn’t know that class was an option. Must be one of those private lessons I’ve heard you teach so well.” Xander countered refusing to be intimidated though the intense energy coming from his magic betrayed him causing the wine in the glass he was holding to boil. “In fact-“ Xander started but was harshly interrupted by Bradford.

“I think that’s quite enough.” His voice boomed and with just a flick of his hand all the auras in the room were extinguished quickly seeping back into their skin. “I think I’ll retire to the library care to join me Lilly, Xander.” It wasn’t a question but instead an order. Diner was now over and with that Lily stood up and followed her husband Xander got up roughly grabbing Phiona’s hand in an attempt to bring her with but the now intoxicated Phiona only ended up falling out of her chair crying out as she nearly face planted into the ground. He tried again to pull her up she remained down the ground silently sobbing as all her brothers glared at Xander trying their best to hold back their ill will.

“Xander!” Lilly scolded and Bradford commanded at the same time. Frowning Xander looked down at the frail and drunk woman before scoffing and marching away from her and past her parents leading himself to the library. “Makes sure she gets to bed.” Lilly told her sons before walking with her husband down to the library.

As soon as they were gone her brothers immediately surrounded Phiona making sure she was alright. “I hate this...” she sobbed in her hands. “I hate him...”

Donahue thought about it for a moment before realizing he had only ever met the one fisherman. “I suppose you’re right.” He said gently kissing the top of her head, then paused when he realized what he did not saying anything about it he just leaned his head back and looked up at the ceiling again.

“Phiona— Phiona...”
Gaston knelt down beside her, pushing carefully past her brother’s to pull her up against his lap, brushing his hair back. On her wrist was a small burn, obviously from Xander.
He held her wrist carefully and looked up at her brothers, almost in a desperate plea.
“Will you please do something, now?”

Her brothers frowned at Gaston none of them saying anything. They could only frown as they watched their sister gripping onto Gaston they couldn’t meet their sister’s pleading eyes. “Let’s go...right now. I want to leave.” Phiona’s voice quivered on the verge of breaking.

“You can’t leave Phi.” Edmond said remorsefully.

“Leaving won’t fix this.” Calloway muttered running his hands through his hair.

Phiona shook her head not wanting to hear what her brothers were saying. “I don't care, I don’t want to deal with that man anymore.”

She couldn’t help the smile that spread across her lips when his lips pressed to the top of her hair. He held her so close— the argument they had had seemed more like a hallucination at this point.
She carefully pulled herself back from him and turned her face up towards him. She pressed her mouth to his— a soft kiss, tender.
She’d never been like this— scared or soft or careful like this. But she didn’t want to wreck this, that much she knew.

Donahue hesitated when she kissed him. He paused for a second thinking of what this meant. But reminding himself this was their life now and carefully he leaned forward gently kissing her back. It wasn’t as passionate as kisses they had shared before nor was it completely empty. It was not just a kiss, but a promise, a promise to try and make this work.

Gaston helped Phiona to her feet, holding her close and holding her wrist in one hand as well, his aura glowing lowly around the wound, numbing the pain in order to comfort her.
“You need to defend your sister, what are you all playing at here? I thought at dinner that you all had some decency— I’m not so sure now.”
He began to lead Phiona past them, leaning down to coo quietly in her ear, “Come, little flower, I’ll have them bring your things down and saddle the horses.”

Sabella couldn’t help but smile against his lips. This could work, it could really work— they’d go to the ocean and they would go there together as mates.
“Hopefully you won’t taste like sea snakes and starfish once we get where we’re going.”
She smiled coyly as she pulled away from him slightly.

Phiona nodded having to use Gaston for support as they walked. “Thank you...th-thank you...” she muttered clinging to him.

“Phiona don’t go.” Her brothers surrounded Phiona and Gaston. “Please stay. You’re in no shape to travel. It’s so late already you’ll be traveling in pitch black.” They pleaded with her. “You need to just sleep it off things will be better in the morning.” They we’re reaching out to her trying to pull her from Gaston.

This was making her feel even more suffocated and trapped. “No! Leave me alone.” She slurred swatting away her brothers but they, knowing their parents would be angry if she left persisted.

“You can’t leave, it’s too dangerous.” Edmond said trying to reach out and comfort his sister but ended up getting accidentally slapped in the face instead.

All the brothers went silent and Phiona stared at the bloody nose and forming hand print on her brother’s face. “I-I’m so sorry!” She gasped realizing what she had done. “I didn’t...didn’t mean to.” She apologized shaking her head as she shrank away from him. Not wanting to face his wrath she bolted out of Gaston’s arms and broke through the ring of brothers.

When they were childern they would have chased her and tackled her for drawing blood but now they all just stood there stunned. Meanwhile the drunk and crying Phiona stumbled her way down the halls nearly falling back down the stairs as she tried to rush up to her room.

Donahue grinned at that. “And what if you like the taste of sea snakes and starfish? What then?” His tone was definitely much happier in fact it was borderline teasing.

“Phiona!”
Gaston called after her, looking back once more at her brothers and watched with an almost smile as blood leaked between the one’s fingers.
He then turned on his heel and hurried after her, taking her by the waist once more as carefully as he could.
“Phiona, we’ll go I promise— just be careful little flower, be gentle with yourself. It’ll be alright...”
He tried his hardest to soothe her as he picked her up off her feet, intending her to lead her back to his room.
He didn’t trust this family and didn’t want to leave her alone with Xander in the house especially in her vulnerable state.

She grinned at his teasing and slid off of him, rolling onto her back and staring up at the ceiling, glancing over at him occasionally.
“There are consequences when two wolves mate— little consequences.”
She teased wryly.
“You should hope I don’t like the taste of sea snakes and star fish or you’ll have to deal with the consequences much sooner.”
She continued before turning away from him with a coy grin.

“I’m sorry!” Phiona yelped as she was suddenly grabbed around the waist at the top of the stairs nearly loosing her balance but when she realized who it was she threw herself into his arms. “Every-everything is closing in, its all so suffo....suffo....” she couldn’t get out the word ‘suffocating’ and that only distressed her out more. Below downstairs her brothers were calling her, the heavy footsteps a clear sign they were being followed. “We ah-!” Phiona gasped as she was swooped up her large petty coat obscuring Gaston’s view.

Donahue raised a curious brow at her not understanding what she meant. “I suppose I’ll be weary of it then?” He replied still confused but decided to go with it laying back beside her he yawned readying for a nap.

Gaston sputtered as her skirts obscured his vision— raising his chin up he shuffled down the hall to his room, setting her down as he crossed the treshold and shutting the door quickly behind him.
Nearly out of breath he stared at her, positively baffled.
“How is the entirety of your family so impossible? What is going on Phiona?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back