• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Descendants of Heroes

Talrics looked at the girl and noticed she was a apprentice not a worker yet she was willing to help. "Hello Feria it's a pleasure to meet you. Well we don't have have a appointment but we would like to speak to one of the high mages if that is possible." Talrics asked her. Feria nodded and said "Follow me I will see what I can do." Talrics looks over at Anora and nods. Feria leds them up the spiral stairs up 12 flights of stairs and stopped in front of a marble door. "My master is in there tell him Feria sent you guys and he will listen to your questions." Feria says and bows. "I must take my leave now." She says the turns and walks back down the stairs. "Well she was nice I'm glad we ran into her. Hopefully her master can help." Talrics said and knocked on the door. A shape deep voice protruded through the door. "Who is it." The voice said. "Feria sent us, she said you can help us maybe." Talrics said. A long silence came after and Talrics looked over at Anora and shrugged his shoulders. "Very well come in." The voice finally said, so Talrics pushed the door open and walked in.

Sitting in the center of the room was an old man working behind a large desk with the elements etched into the frame, giving even the desk a mystical appearance. He had white air cleanly cut above his ears yet he didn't look frail, he still sat tall and seemed to move with the grace of a much younger man. Magic was truly remarkable if it could keep someone his age so capable. He was writing something on a piece of parchment when we entered and didn't bother to look up when he spoke to us, "What can I help you with?" Anora glanced over at Talric and nodded.

"We have come here to seek answers to an event that happened to our villages. On the same night every man, woman and child was slaughtered before the village was burned to the ground. There were no footprints or any other signs of these criminals. Do you know of any magics or people capable of this?" The old man finally looked up from his paper and set down his quill, folding his hands in front of him as he thought.

The old man stood up and walked to the window behind his desk and looked outside and sighed. "If its what i think it is then yes i know but i will have to look in to your memories so i can see for myself what happened." the old man turned around and walked in front of Talric and Anora. "Who will it be first?" Talric raises his hand and steps forward. The old man puts his hand on top of Talric's head and lets out a deep breath. His hand started to glow a light blue and then the blue glow formed spirals and entered Talric's head. Talric's head snapped back and he started to shake but the man stood there calm and collective.

Memories of blood stained streets, burning houses and a mountain of bodies flew in to the old mans mind. He replayed the memories over and over observing everything making sure he he left out no details. After about 10 minutes the old man let go of his head and Talrics collapsed to the ground breathing heavily. "I know what it is just from your memories. It is as i feared. I will be right back i must get something." The old man said and left the room and out to the hall way and went up the steps.

"I'm glad you volunteered, I wouldn't feel right about some old man wandering into my head. There are just some things that a woman should keep private, right?" Anora said casually but blushed when she realized that her attempt at being subtle really was just as obvious as saying it openly would have been. As Anora helped Talric to a nearby chair so that he could rest comfortably and wait for the shakes to disappear, she shivered, "The more time I spend in this Gods forsaken tower the more i realize that I don't like magic. It just feels like.... cheating I guess. Like instead of doing something the normal way your calling upon other forces to do it for you." The pair continued to talk as they waited for the man to return which seemed to be taking forever, "Geez, don't mages have spells to teleport them to their destination or summon what they are looking for?" Anora groaned with slight inpatients, her foot had been tapping up and down silently for at least five minutes now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back