[Department of Defense against the Supernatural]The Palace Of Death

''Ah yes, it was common human courtesy to state your own name before inquiring about others. Does that apply to unearthly beings such as myself, though? That poltergeist is a bit rude, but considering his nature and his past, I guess it's understandable. Funny how the other two's response made his cold and harsh replies become irrelevant'' thought to himself Evan-Dor after he listened to all the replies. Bael's behaviour didn't really affect him, his comment on the poltergeist being only a mere observation. Then in the split of a second he processed multiple lines of thought at the same time, analyzing the best course of action. After a few seconds of silence, the alien spoke again: ''Unnatural phenomena generally happen when elements of the world of the living enter the realm of the dead. If you desire to see Death, then I will help you get there faster''. After he said that, Evan-Dor opened a portal. ''This portal will take you right in front of Death's palace'' he added. After another few seconds, he asked rethorically:'' I am sure none of you mind, right subjects of observation Delta 21 F 2531400 Sanja Thorn, Omega 21 M 669720 Justin Reek, Alfa 21 M 909077 Corin Greyston, and Sigma 21 M 709006 Bael Julius Lake?''.

@Elias @Hel @Sleipnir

Last edited by a moderator:
Greyston had been originally a bit wrapped up in Caroline to notice the alien, though once the others spoke to him it seemed that he could ignore them no longer.

"This feels like a trap. Should this be so easy?" Greyston asked, glancing to the others. Caroline, touched his back gently, and told him, "trust him, he isn't lying. Since when did you get so suspicious?"

Before Greyston could respond, however, she turned to Bael and said, "And you, Julius, you be nice, you sound like a goop." Her voice had the strict tone of a mother, and she gave him a stern look to accompany it.

@Elias @Azure Sky @Sleipnir

(Sorry, will have more after class)

Alpha — sigma? Bael stared at this alien with a plainly lost expression. "What in all hell-fired creation are you talking about?" He asked Evan-Dor flatly. When Caroline addressed him he turned sharply on her. "What, and you think you've got some right to tell me what to do anymore?" He asked harshly, his emotions painfully mixed. He hadn't realized he had actually missed Caroline, and it hurt. Physically, it was hurting him. He was angry because of Greyston, frustrated with Evan-Dor because — because — he just was, and he was anxious. He wanted to find Annabell. He was confused and it made him lose his patience for everything. And he wasn't okay with a woman telling him how to handle himself!

"I don't see why he would lie," Sanja agreed, glancing a bit worriedly toward Bael. What would happen if he actually attacked the dead? Could that happen? Surely he wouldn't attack this woman, right? She looked at Justin and Greyston. "Do you think we oughta go with him? It would be quicker."

Justin shrugged to Sanja's words. ''I don't know. I mean no offense to you, alien guy, but we just met you...How do we know this isn't a test or that you aren't a sadistic demon in disguise that would drop us through that portal straight into the Sarlac Pitt or something?'' he said regarding Evan-Dor and turned for the others. ''But then again, it's Greyston's decision. He's the leader, and I will follow his decision''

Evan-Dor listened to what everyone had to say. He didn't find it necessary to answer to Bael. The poltergeist was emotionally unstable, so a conversation with him was somewhat pointless.

''You, as a nephlim, would have detected demonic signals coming from me, if that was the case'' replied Evan-Dor, calmly. ''Plus, I think you don't seem to realise something. Traps and tricks are methods used against those stronger than oneself. Why would I resume to such tactics against beings which are weaker than me? Also if I would have wanted to harm, or capture you, I would have done so by now'' he added, as he radiated energy and dark matter started to dance around him. He didn't mention that he was Death's friend because he didn't consider it to be necessary information.

''As I said before, unnatural phenomena might happen because of you people being here, excluding the poltergeist. I am trying to help you so that you could finish things faster and reduce the probability of cracks within the fabric of reality'' said Evan-Dor, as he stopped radiating energy and made the dark matter disappear.

@Hel @Sleipnir @Elias

Greyston nodded, and said, "I suppose that is a sound enough argument, my only counter is that if I know one thing about powerful beings it's that they love to toy with things when they're bored... Ah, well, onward and upwards, right?" Greyston said, he turned to Caroline and gave her a smile, "Say hello to Olivia for me, will you?" Greyston asked, "I'll see you eventually,"

To Greyston's surprise his question was met with a sad look. He wasn't sure what to make of it, but had already began to go through the portal, and knew that it was too late now.

Meanwhile, Alex sat with death, listening to him telling his stories of days past. Alex was most interested in the one that involved the Mayan gods, and people, he wanted to know what happened to them.

Bael couldn't help but scoff. Excluding the poltergeist. Poltergeists don't have souls -- everyone knew that. He turned sharply back toward Caroline after Greyston mentioned Olivia and added, "--And me," to the end of his statement, surprisingly casually before following the vampire through the portal.

Sanja looked a touch surprised by this, and just sort of said to Evan-Dor before passing through, "Thanks for the -- um -- the lift. We appreciate it," and then she, too, was gone.

Death was also enjoying story-time, and was currently talking about those very Mayans. "...So these two gods were both just like, 'This woman is the most lovely in the empire; I want her for my wife.' And the one guy actually had a wife, so you could see how that would be a problem. So obviously they started fighting over this poor woman -- who didn't want either of them, may I add, she actually wanted to marry this childhood friend of hers -- and some of the other gods were like, 'This guy deserves the woman!' and some of the other others were like, 'no man, this guy does!' But then some of the goddesses were just over there saying, 'Are you kidding? He's married; screw you both, let her marry her friend,' and... well, it all went downhill from there. They all ended up killing each other and the young woman's would-be husband-slash-childhood-friend got turned into a donkey somewhere along the line. A big mess that was."

@Hel @Azure Sky @Elias

Justin thanked Evan-Dor aswell and followed his friends through the portal. He didn't know what was going to be on the other side: a trap or the actual thing, but he trusted the strange alien for the moment, and Corin and the others seemed to trust him too so that was good enough for him. That still didn't exclude the posibility of ethereal bodyguards around Death's palace though.

Death looked up then, tilting his head. "Oh! We seem to have visitors, Alex. I imagine they're for you. Isn't that nice? Well, I hope that girl makes it here in time; it would be a shame for her to miss him again. At any rate I should probably put out some more tea for them; I'd hate for them to feel unwelcomed. After all, this is the most welcoming of places - Wraith? I need another teapot or two! Brew some more of that tea!" He turned his attention back to Alex then. "It would be awfully rude to only offer half my guests tea, don't you think? I should send someone to bring 'em up. I'm sure you're very ready to return to the land of the living."

Bael stumbled as he reached the other end of the portal. He hated these things -- he sucked at any teleportation that wasn't his own. He looked up, a bit wide-eyed at the great castle before them. It was fantastic up close, with lovely carved wood and stone, the most decorative bridge he'd ever seen with silver ground and beautiful iron lamps for the night. He imagined even the light they cast was wonderful.

And suddenly, there was that same sharp pain again. He winced slightly, trying not to cringe against it as well as he could. It made him angry -- it made him feel weak. He turned sharply to look at his companions as they appeared.

Sanja handled the trip much better, stepping down from the portal readily. "Wow," she breathed. "I wonder what it looks like inside?"

Justin stumbled through the portal moments after Sanja came out of it. Teleportation he could handle, and portals iddn't seem all that different to him. The worst that ever happened was dizyness, which is what he was experiencing now, and sometimes but rarely, back pain. As soon as he exited the portal he was greeted by the image of a great castle. Hearing Sanja talk, he could only imagine what it was going to look like on the inside.

They were met with no resistance when they went into the castle. In fact, one servant offered to take them directly to lord Death himself. Sanja nodded and followed the servant.

"Got to wonder why people don't do this more often," Bael remarked dryly.

"It's kind of intimidating. 'Hey, let's go get grandma out of freaking hell.'" Sanja shook her head and glanced at the poltergeist. As they entered the tea room, Death greeted them immediately.

"Welcome, agents and Bael Lake! Welcome to my tea room! This is Christopher Columbus, George Washington, I'm sure you recognize Alex here, and — well — that's Uther. I'm sure you remember him. Now, I imagine you're here for Alex?" He turned to the group, offering them a tea tray with a teaset decoratively carved from bones on it and full of tea. Bael took one of the teacups and saucers, frowning and examining the carving before giving and impressed nod and taking a sip.

"Yes," Sanja responded immediately.

Death nodded, then gestured to him. "Here he is," he announced. "Alex, you're free to go home."

@Elias @Hel

Alex grinned when he saw his friends, and stood to head home with the others. However he first leaned up to whisper something in Death's... errr.... "ear". After he did so, he moved over to hug Sanja.

"I missed you, Sanj!" He said excitedly, then looked to the others, scanning them over. He was a touch disappointed that they seemed no worse for the ware despite having journeyed to the realm of death to rescue him. Ah, well, he should be happy it was pretty simple, right?

"Thanks for coming to get me, you guys,"

Greyston nodded at the youth with a smile. "Well, it seems time to be off, then. I find it best not to linger where we don't belong. Pleasure to see you again though, death. And I like your new look Uther!" He called in to the fish. He surveyed the room and admired the archetecture for a short bit before asking death, "Ah, and, which way is the exit, exactly?"

Justin shook hands with Alex, and they did a half-shoulder hug like real men did. He knew it was probably going to be awkard if they broke out in a full hug, and Alex was aware of that too, he had hoped. Still he got his message through. He missed him and he was more than relieved that Alex was ok. He didn't have much time to check around, when Greyston called for the exit...

Sanja smiled and returned the hug. "I was worried!"

Bael scoffed, shaking his head. "Yes, well, let's get out of here."

Death clasped his skeletal hands together. "On second thought," he announced cheerfully, "I changed my mind. We'll be having a few little games before you can take Alex home. Trials, in you will."

"Trials? You said we could leave, it's hardly fair of you to change your mind now!" Greyston returned, turning to look at Death as he did. "Can we not just leave? We already have Alex and I have a whole list of things that must be done within the next few days." The vampire looked quite irritated, this is why he disliked dealing with figures like Death. They were all powerful and thought that meant they could get away with anything they'd like.

Alex smiled at Justin, and returned the same half-hug. He was glad to see everyone again, then heard death's announcement and forced himself to stop smiling. This sounded fun, though he knew everyone surely had beter things to do

"But Pale friend, wouldn't keeping them around for too much be problematic? The fabric of reality could crack again. Something already came here from the Void. I don't know what it is, but my Etheral Observing Units were able to detect it'' said Evan-Dor, who seemingly came out of nowhere. He jumped into the conversation directly, without any warning, but it was most likely fine. Death knew without a doubt that the alien was there.

''Unless you have a plan'' he added.

@Sleipnir

"Yeah, I'm sure you do, but you'll have plenty of time for that when you get back, Cornelius," Death assured him. "For now, I mean, I could just let you leave, but wouldn't this be so much more fun? You know how time works here outside your plane, Greyston, it won't take too long. You have to understand, you know. Just one each. It'll be fun. Come on, guys, have some sportsmanship for an old skeleton." He then turned to Evan-Dor when the other addressed him. "I know it's here. I'll send a message. Come on, Evan-Dor. When was the last time we got to put some mortals in the hamster ball and watched them roll around? It won't be too problematic."

Sanja stared at the cosmic beings, dumbfounded. She had no inclination to argue with them, but nodded and gestured to Evan-Dor when he suggested letting the team go home without an issue. Bael broke the silence though, as only Bael would. "Oh, come on! Dash everything, so long as you have your fun, is that right?" he shouted, stepping forward. "Oh, yeah, let's put 'em in a hamster ball. Obviously we haven't had 'em through enough, ya kno'. They brought the poltergeist along, the one you should have taken care of a century ago!" A teacup cracked just a touch. "Annabell's here, father, mother - who I never met! - and you left me in that lighthouse. Why was that, then? And now you decide to keep me here?"

"I only stated your time of death, Bael Julius Lake," Death responded smoothly. "It was the dogs who left you there. Take it up with Galleytrot if you must. I'm sure it'll be a colorful conversation. It didn't take long, you know, for the killing to start and you had the dogs very impressed. Very creative, aren't you? Even Skriker thought the things you came up with were good. You and that rope." He paused, watching Bael's response, somewhere between angry and taken aback. "So we left you. And I have no intention of 'keeping' you now, pardon the pun. Now, I have made my choice, boy. You would do well not to talk back to Death." He then looked at the others. "Now, shall we begin?"

"But you can't just--" Bael started again.

Death raised a hand. "You know what, never mind. It's not as much fun when you're so eager to get home. You know, this fast-paced world you've all put yourselves in is no fun for anyone. You never have time anymore, you know? At any rate, go on. Run home; I'm sure you're all so busy." Bael and Sanja both turned to leave. "One more thing Bael."

Bael turned back sharply, glaring at the skeleton king. "Annabell will be seeing you soon. I'm going to let her go see you."

His expression shifted to disbelief. "What? But she..." He hesitated. "You will? Wait -- what about Elizabeth? We were so close -- she found me -- where is she?"

"You've already seen her. Now, be gone, the lot of you," and with a wave of his hand, Death sent the group back to their own Headquarters.

@Hel @Elias

Users who are viewing this thread

Back