Denandsador?

I can never remember how to spell that stupid name and don't have my book on me, so please forgive my improper spelling of the city name.

It's mentioned in Scavanger Sons in the Scavangar land write up. Some of the caste books in the "dreams of the first age" sections have people dreaming about the city in the first age.

I'm going to be having my PC's go there soon, and am curious if people have used the city in their adventures before.

The main plot is that another group of solars the PC's circle has met before sends a single message using Infallible messanger basically saying they're in the city and "help!" I'm not quite sure how they're stuck they're yet, and I'm not giving my PC's a first age city either. Not yet anyways. So I'm unsure of what to do in the situation. Any ideas?

The main plot is that another group of solars the PC's circle has met before sends a single message using Infallible messanger basically saying they're in the city and "help!" I'm not quite sure how they're stuck they're yet' date=' and I'm not giving my PC's a first age city either. Not yet anyways. So I'm unsure of what to do in the situation. Any ideas?[/quote']
One of my game's PCs, a Solar with Sidereal martial arts, engaged in a full-on sixteen-hour honor duel against Raksi, Queen of Fangs, in the city.  He was guarded against fear magically.  She was not, but she did manage to dispatch a strike team against the (heavily guarded) network of Manses powering the anti-fear effect.

The PCs can do something similar - link up several Manses geomantically around a single Manse that has some sort of mind-shielding stone, and turn it into a boosted anti-fear shield.  This lets one person at a time go in (or maybe several, if the stone affects everyone in a radius) while still leaving a weak point that their enemies could exploit.

memesis said:
The main plot is that another group of solars the PC's circle has met before sends a single message using Infallible messanger basically saying they're in the city and "help!" I'm not quite sure how they're stuck they're yet' date=' and I'm not giving my PC's a first age city either. Not yet anyways. So I'm unsure of what to do in the situation. Any ideas?[/quote']
One of my game's PCs, a Solar with Sidereal martial arts, engaged in a full-on sixteen-hour honor duel against Raksi, Queen of Fangs, in the city.  He was guarded against fear magically.  She was not, but she did manage to dispatch a strike team against the (heavily guarded) network of Manses powering the anti-fear effect.

The PCs can do something similar - link up several Manses geomantically around a single Manse that has some sort of mind-shielding stone, and turn it into a boosted anti-fear shield.  This lets one person at a time go in (or maybe several, if the stone affects everyone in a radius) while still leaving a weak point that their enemies could exploit.
Just wanted to say that's one of the most insightful solutions to the problem I've seen yet, fantastic :)

Well this is what I'm going to use tommorow night, so here goes the plan. My players don't know that this board exists yet, so I'm safe.  8)

The backstory:

Soon after the Usurpation, a Night Caste Sorceror was on the run. Using High essence stealth Charms, she was able to hide from the scrying attempts of the Sidereals. In one of the research laboratories in Denansador there was a secret experiment on the nature of Cryogenics. This solar entombed herself into Cryostasis, and through judicious use of Charms, artifacts and sorcery, was able to mask herself as some random test subject that would be forgotten.

Fast forward 1500 years. The contagion hits, and the governor of Denansador is desperately trying to save her people from dying. She begins to look through all of the records of the first age labs, experiments etc... And finds the Cryogenic chambers entombed with test subjects. The supposed mortal turns out to be a 1st age doctor, which is really our creepy Night Caste.

However, when the governer attempted to awake the test subject, she did not know the correct procedure, and was winging it. This involved some sorcery of her own, along with tampering with the stasis chamber equipment.

Something went very wrong, the governer was killed instantly, along with her assistants. The Night caste was half awakened, her mind activated but not her body... But her mind got warped in the process somehow as well. As a result of some bound solar circle spell collapsing in on itself... The night caste went quite insane. In the process, managed to connect herself to the cities essence power grid, absorb that power, and then begin to absorb the will to live from the citizens there.

Now, this other circle that travelled there ventured into the city... Only to be visited by the projected higher soul of the now insane Night Caste, who wanted to play with them, and hasn't let them out in quite a while.

It's up to the PC's to find a way to bind her back into the chamber if they can, or simply rescue their allies and find a way to get the hell out with her noticing. (And perhaps, pilfering some useful 1st age manuals on interesting subjects from the famous library there.)

Any additional suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back