Demons and the Wyld

Vanman

Two Thousand Club
Would the Wyld have any effect on demons, particularly those of the first and second circle? Provided, of course, that they could remain in Creation long enough. Or does the Wyld only affect Creation and, since Demons aren't of Creation, they are immune to its effects?

Cheers,

V

I don't know any cannonics on this, so the books might say differently, but if you're asking me to judge I'd say demons are immune to the Wyld, since I figure the Wyld fucks more with the weave of fate, not just ANYTHING.  Since demons don't need the weave to survive anyhow, I'd say that they'd be immune.

I'd say it would. The Wyld is, after all, what formed the Primordials. It's the origin of everything. It's warping effects is the raw potential of the wyld, twisting anything it comes in contact with only because it, well, lacking better words, I'd say is.

So, unless the demon has special resistances against wyld warping, I would say it does warp demons, at least of the first circle.

It does become a problem, however, defining whether it should or should not when you consider that demons are parts of the Yozi, who doubtlessly define what the demons are(or vice versa, hard to tell). In other words, I walk in a circle and come up with that brilliant answer:

I don't know.

But I would say it can, at least until the demon returns to the Yozi, who, offended that the demon let itself change, tormented it and then reformed it.

It makes you think, really, because if you read GoD, and you get past the few major Yozi write ups (She Who Lives in Her Name, Ebon Dragon and so on) you read the few sentences about a few others, like Orasmus, the Dragon Who Lies Beyond the World. It says his dreams still influence and change the Wyld lands...interesting no?

There's nothing inherent to the demonic condition that renders them immune to the Wyld. As has been mentioned, the Wyld is the origin of *everything*.

I've mentioned earlier that my position on the Primordials is that they are basically extremely powerful Raksha who chose a different path than most. Meaning, it's all about power... and not all demons have the power to withstand the Wyld.

There is a canonical Spirit Charm that provides protection from the Wyld, but I don't recall where it's published.

-S

I didn't think that the Primordials came from the Wyld?  I thought they were the origin of EVERYTHING?  The be all and end all?

... you mean you thought they created the Wyld as well? If so, then no...

Before Creation all was Wyld. As the Primordials were beings that came from the Wyld, per definition (at least in my book), they are Raksha. Creation may be ordered, but without Order, chaos is not complete (however weird that may sound...).

Autochthonians states that Gaia and Cytherea made Creation from the Wyld. Therefore, the Primordials predate Creation.

Where else could they have come from?

Frankly, I've always seen it as mystery for each and every GM because it's a bit more fun to make it up than just call them super powerful Raksha. People like more variety than that me thinks. Though that's just what I think ^^;

To be honest, I've never really thought of Primordials to be related to the Fair Folk.  I've realised that they were formed from something, but I feel that even the Wyld is too orderly, even for them.  To me, the Wyld is the by product of the Primordials, something from their own consciousness, and when they realised that they could manipulate it, then they formed the rest.

~FC.

"In the beginning, there were the Primordials, alone in the churning chaos of unshaped Essence."-  GoD pg.6

... of course, that bit doesn't really cover the Wyld, or the Fair Folk... and smacks of creation-myth. It only says there was no "reality" as we know it.

To me, the Wyld is the by product of the Primordials, something from their own consciousness, and when they realised that they could manipulate it, then they formed the rest.
~FC.
Primordial afterbirth as they form themselves they create the wyld.  This would tie in nicely with Orus or whatever he's called shaping the wyld with dreams.

To me, the Wyld is the by product of the Primordials, something from their own consciousness, and when they realised that they could manipulate it, then they formed the rest.
~FC.
Primordial afterbirth as they form themselves they create the wyld.  This would tie in nicely with Orus or whatever he's called shaping the wyld with dreams.
I was thinking more of Primordial gas; something chaotic yet wholly Discworldian   :D

~FC.

i always thought of the wyld as the chatoic essence the primodals came from and them being massivly overpowered Fae, in the fae book it dose kinda hint at that (i'll go hunting down page numbers later tonight when i get the book back)

though the whole shaping of wyld though dreams isnt somthing you need to have created the wyld to do, a mortal heading into the joint can cause as much as the wyld reacts to their mind (not always plesently mind you... in fact rarly since they almost never are as well informed as they could be to attempt such a stunt)

besides a fae lord controls his section of the wyld absloutly his will is the will of that area, the horrors that other encounter are there because the lord wants em there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back